Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

There is one word for what Pompey and that is cheats. They are cheating by playing players that they cannot afford to pay. They are cheating HMRC and all those owed money. I even think they are cheating players like that Serbian, Dusky Tosspot or whatever his name is, promising a future in the Prem, probably getting him to buy his own contract out to come here on totally false pretences.

Many years ago in Salisbury there was a light aircraft company that was quite high profile but locally every-one knew that they were living on borrowed time, and I remember getting chatting to a couple of Northern lads in the pub who had just started work there. They had both given up decent jobs and sold their homes for the chance to work there. And about three weeks later the company went t1ts-up and they were left without even a month's wages. That is the reality of trading while knowingly insolvent. (I believe the owners were called to account, but no consolation for all those who lost their cash.) And Pompey are cheating people in the same way.

lol- surely until proven most of that is alledgedly ? We have paid wages late in the last 4 months but they have been paid. Did you not pay wages late when in admin then ? Tosic rumoured to be on £750 a week....

Now before you wade in - I am not necessarily saying the club has been operating above board - I have no evidence either way and neither do you....YET ! :)

lol- surely until proven most of that is alledgedly ? We have paid wages late in the last 4 months but they have been paid. Did you not pay wages late when in admin then ? Tosic rumoured to be on £750 a week....

Now before you wade in - I am not necessarily saying the club has been operating above board - I have no evidence either way and neither do you....YET ! :)

Merovingian - the point is this: you are subject to insolvency proceedings and you are increasing your outgoings. Do you not find that a wee bit suspicious?

I don't think we EVER paid wages late - did we, guys?

I believe one or two of our players sacrificed their wages for a short time. And of course we did have a prominent member who put his hand in his own pocket to help out.

Remind me - when did Peter Storrie ever do something so magnanimous?

You're right, we've not seen the evidence yet but then again we never will.

The fact that you only paid wages after taking short term loans - and the only source you could find was Chainrai as the mainstream lenders wouldn't touch with a bargepole - would tend to indicate that you are insolvent.

£750 per week or £75k a week - no difference if you never have to pay it ;)

Mero...as they say 'none so blind that will not see'. Your wages...paid with loans. Your owners, going back years, think about all the dirt associated with them. The fraud 'Man'.....Venables....Arms dealer senior......Arms dealer junior.....Comical Al....Al Mirage......Arms dealers best friend . Then of course whilst not owners, you have the story teller, you had Twitchy, twice. You've had alleged child molesters........the list go's on and on.

Yet it's all above board.......you're 'aving a larf.

You're right, we've not seen the evidence yet but then again we never will.

The fact that you only paid wages after taking short term loans - and the only source you could find was Chainrai as the mainstream lenders wouldn't touch with a bargepole - would tend to indicate that you are insolvent.

£750 per week or £75k a week - no difference if you never have to pay it ;)

Indicate we are insolvent yes but not yet proven by a court of law, that may well come Wednesday - but the club are obviously confident that they can prove they are not insolvent and have the funds to continue at least until the end of the season. Hence signing Tosic.

Apparently in August even if we go down we will be due at least £27M, perhaps they are banking on this and obtaining further loans against this, who knows...

Indicate we are insolvent yes but not yet proven by a court of law, that may well come Wednesday - but the club are obviously confident that they can prove they are not insolvent and have the funds to continue at least until the end of the season. Hence signing Tosic.

Apparently in August even if we go down we will be due at least £27M, perhaps they are banking on this and obtaining further loans against this, who knows...

27m for going down.It is incredible.

LOL at the first paragraph. Christ, you actually believe them! :lol:

And as to the second... er.. if you need money you haven't got yet to pay your liabilities as they fall due you're insolvent. HTH.

So you'll use that £27m on the club instead of paying up all the money you owe to small businesses (if they haven't already gone to the wall) and possibly to non-playing staff who may have incurred extra interest on their mortgages because they couldn't pay on time (or may even have been repossessed)?

Dear Lord - your lot never ever learn, do they :mad:

Skates are going to Wembley imo...

Might get to the semis but Birmingham should be favourites and anyway, at that stage they'll probably come up against Villa or Chelsea and that will be that.

Actually, are the semis after 1 March? They probably won't make it that far.

Er.. A court judge siad they were trading when insolvent....and you have seven days to PROVE otherwise. I rest my case etc

Er.. A court judge siad they were trading when insolvent....and you have seven days to PROVE otherwise. I rest my case etc

I would have been happier if the accountants doing this had not already been ay the club and If so had not found this wrongdoing before.

Merovingian

Your former owner, manager & current Chief Exec in court for tax evasion isnt in dispute? Another former owner being the proud son of a convicted gunrunner isnt in dispute? Your current manager caught leaving a brothel. Daniel Azougy, shall we talk about him?

Lets face it your grubby little club is rotten to the core! I love Saints but if they were like this I would disown them.

Many other creditors paid off only on the day of the WUO, others withholding services etc, 20+ CCJs, apparently, dozens of local businesses praying they pay but not wanting to be the one to push them over the edge, Lens claiming they reneged on a deal,etc etc, never mind what the judge said - how much effing evidence do you need?

it was my understanding you had already borrowed against most of this, tied up in the standard bank loan, which gaydamak is now underwriting, and part of the £17m loan from chainrai

how many people are they promising the same money too

Can someone help me please? Somewhere on this thread I saw a newspaper article about Pompey, asking why should they get any help. Looking for it again, but I just can't find it. I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction because, basically, it's driving me mad. Thanks.

Can someone help me please? Somewhere on this thread I saw a newspaper article about Pompey, asking why should they get any help. Looking for it again, but I just can't find it. I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction because, basically, it's driving me mad. Thanks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250668/DES-KELLY-Portsmouth-cheats-let-wall.html

is that the one you mean?

Didn't the juror say she suspects we are trading whilst insolvent

and who says I believe them Benji I just said its not absolute fact - yet !!!

I cannot actually believe we may fluke Wembley again this season if we are still around lol

She is actually 'Bankruptcy Registrar Derrett' and she has held that position since 2002 FYI

Brum at the Fratton...fingers crossed Birmingham can do the business - they should do based on their performances so far this season! Plus, if Pompey play as badly as they did yesterday...

its quite ironic we played that badly and still won 4-1 ;)

Look guys, it was not my choice to do what PFC have done and its not my decision on who is appointed to the board or employed, the premiership allowed Gaydamak junior in - perhaps on that point the finger should be pointed at them.

I am not happy with what has happened at pompey - I am sure something is wrong somewhere but as yet it has not been proved, bit like Redknapp and his alledged paper bags lol

Look guys, it was not my choice to do what PFC have done and its not my decision on who is appointed to the board or employed, the premiership allowed Gaydamak junior in - perhaps on that point the finger should be pointed at them.

I am not happy with what has happened at pompey - I am sure something is wrong somewhere but as yet it has not been proved, bit like Redknapp and his alledged paper bags lol

How much proof do you need?

Is the club really bluffing with such a weak hand or is there something more devious afoot? To go down the liquation route seems high risk if they really want to save the club.

If the club is liquidated, I don't think the £27m will be forthcoming from the FA, hence the latest effort to get a least some of it before the club goes puff.

Not everyone at the club is getting paid.. Did avram himself not admit he had only been paid once since he arrived and he was also paying some expenses out of his own pocket!!

The thing is you are the perfect example of why the fans deserve to have their club liquidated as much as the idiots/crooks who have been running it. You happily gloat and boast about the success bought by living beyond your means, you don't care if it's cheating, you don't care if it's been bought with blood money.

That is why the main reason I want pompey to go under is to see scum like you crying your eyes out - it's all you deserve.

Mush, you've always struck me as a decent bloke and have been on these boards and have always been open minded and willing to dish it out and take it in return.

However, when we said a couple of years ago that you lot were living way beyond your means and that it would end it tears all we got in return was "Sky money".

Too many of you stuck your heads in the sand and hoped it would go away. Well it didn't and very shortly you'll be paying the price.

It won't be the end of professional football in pompey but the club you know and love will soon be gone and then, and only then, will the real evidence of the dishonesty come to light.

The thing is you are the perfect example of why the fans deserve to have their club liquidated as much as the idiots/crooks who have been running it. You happily gloat and boast about the success bought by living beyond your means, you don't care if it's cheating, you don't care if it's been bought with blood money.

That is why the main reason I want pompey to go under is to see scum like you crying your eyes out - it's all you deserve.

aww bless petal. ;)

Mush, you've always struck me as a decent bloke and have been on these boards and have always been open minded and willing to dish it out and take it in return.

However, when we said a couple of years ago that you lot were living way beyond your means and that it would end it tears all we got in return was "Sky money".

Too many of you stuck your heads in the sand and hoped it would go away. Well it didn't and very shortly you'll be paying the price.

It won't be the end of professional football in pompey but the club you know and love will soon be gone and then, and only then, will the real evidence of the dishonesty come to light.

agreed - although I would say I was not necessarily one that was quite happy for us to keep signing players on 50+ a week, it had to end somewhere and it looks like it will end this coming week

We are a league one side with plenty of endeavour and I think if we had scored first then the scoreline would have been much closer, even in our favour.

Grant played a great tactical game to soak up the pressure and counter attack. At half-time with the scores level I thought we'd lose considering the effort the players had put in we'd tire especially the midfield. I doubt Birmingham will be so naive and perhaps O'Hara will be contained better but you never know in the cup.

As for the league, you need wins. Only scoring 20 in 25 games ain't going to help that cause especially when teams can sit back and counter as you did to us even if if it's for a draw and a point.

It's tough being a fan with undivided loyalty, but surely there is a line that has been crossed that should have tested that loyalty a bit harder than being a bit unhappy. It can happen, just think AFC dons and FC united, also plenty of loyal Citeh fans were not renewing ST while human rights breaker Thaksin was owner.

Ironically the win for you yesterday could mean the FAC becoming too much of a distraction (welcome for the fans of course) and that could further damage your already slim chances.

Still wouldn't change the result yesterday if given the choice.

To be honest I think most of us have come to terms with relegation, I'm not fussed about that. I just want the club to survive and that (and yesterdays game) was all that has been on my mind.

It's tough being a fan with undivided loyalty, but surely there is a line that has been crossed that should have tested that loyalty a bit harder than being a bit unhappy. It can happen, just think AFC dons and FC united, also plenty of loyal Citeh fans were not renewing ST while human rights breaker Thaksin was owner.

league is irrelevant we are down end of

as for the club, I have not been to a home match since these jokers have been in charge and have not put any money whatsoever into the club just for them to trouser.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250846/Premier-League-obligation-save-Portsmouth-insists-West-Ham-owner-Gold.html

I wonder IF this has anything to do with this bit in the article ? :D

Gold, whose new club West Ham would sink to the bottom of a 19-team Premier League if Portsmouth folded,

Also I wonder IF they have now discovered they are themselves in a much worse situation than they thought

and so IF they need money they can get help from the PL seeing as Pompey did ????

What we are now seeing is whether the corporate strategy at PCFC is going to work.

Anyone who looks at their figures for the past 10 years knows the level of debt they have run up without needing to micro analyse it, and we all know that even with the sales before the season started they could not match their income to their expenditure this year. Rupert tried it far more drastically and also failed.

But the strategy has always been about buying time. You can almost see how the Comical Ali and Al Mirage games matched that scenario. Even the WUO was viewed as simply another step in buying time.

Tick tock. The longer they string it out, the close they get to the parachute payments. Those payments won't SAVE the club, they will simply give more security for more loans. So they get 25mil, they will be paying 20% interest but they will buy them MORE time.

In time the economic situation may change. In time the FAPL or the FL rules may change. heck, hell may even freeze over.

The result yesterday is nothing to the management, the pay days are irrelevant, it was just another day closer to the end of the season and the prize money, the parachute payments OR the ability to borrow against NEXT season's PL money.

Anyone on here trying to see any logic or analyse the data misses the point. PCFC are simply a debt Junkie. They are the House of the FAPL without the wit or the skiil of Hugh Laurie.

Every act, every statement is what you would expect to see from an addict. Tomorrow I will stop smoking, tomorrow I give up Smack. When you see it for what it is you realise that a Junkie with that sort of habit they either die or IF they are very lucky they are forced into therapy.

They had the chance of therapy last week and like a Junkie they bought more time.

That is why it is now more likely to end in tears than it was the week before the hearing.

Edited by dubai_phil

But the strategy has always been about buying time. Yes, and I've always wondered why, I think I now know...Global TV rights.... 70 million per club next season You can almost see how the Comical Ali and Al Mirage games matched that scenario. Even the WUO was viewed as simply another step in buying time.

Tick tock. The longer they string it out, the close they get to the parachute payments.See above Those payments won't SAVE the club, they will simply give more security for more loans. So they get 25mil, they will be paying 20% interest but they will buy them MORE time.

I think that if they get to the end of the season, they will take their money and run. I wonder if they will be due any of the above cash cow???

I think that if they get to the end of the season, they will take their money and run. I wonder if they will be due any of the above cash cow???

Ahh, at last someone else spots the game plan:D

And let us guess how much they will leave in the nottarf accounts?.....

"They" get the club to borrow (again) against future income at a rate of say 20% (like they care) and walk out with ANOTHER 56mil.

And the good old FAPL realise that they've been conned again because they'll have had TWO years of p1ss taking about their "brand"

Damn, why didn't I think of that a couple of months ago....

Where's the bloke that owns Bolton's phone number?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})