Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

quack soton are rubbish

This is what those of us living on the dark side have to endure - leave your computer unattended for 5 minutes and the skaty things creep and slither out of the cracks and onto the keyboard. And that was after I took my stick over Saturday like the gent I am

Edited by sidthesquid
computer sabotaged by fishtank dweller

My stepdad has just been to a job in Havant and he said the two blokes he works with are massive Pompey fans, they had a TV set up in the corner of the room with the game on it... :mad:

However, one of the blokes knows a lot of the ins and outs, and he has fully prepared himself for liquidation. He believes there is no way out now.

My stepdad has just been to a job in Havant and he said the two blokes he works with are massive Pompey fans, they had a TV set up in the corner of the room with the game on it... :mad:

However, one of the blokes knows a lot of the ins and outs, and he has fully prepared himself for liquidation. He believes there is no way out now.

If they sell the TV they will get cash, save on electricity and sky subscription - who knows, may stave off liquidation....! ;)

I dont know if it has been posted..but heard that one of the "interested parties" are infact The News Of The World on a cover up...

lol

I don't think it would be the first time that they had played the 'fake sheek' role - they have history...!

4pm come and gone... 48hours left :)

You know its almost as if today's 'story' about the vicious money attack by saints fans making story consider quitting was designed to give the newspapers something to print about pompey without anything being said about the 'takeover'. But surely not!

I dont know if it has been posted..but heard that one of the "interested parties" are infact The News Of The World on a cover up...

lol

I'm sorry that will be the end of posting on here for me I'd only have to look at this web site to be a ROFL'ing mess on the floor.

I don't think I would ever recover. :D:smt033:D

Surely they can't pull that fake Sheikh gag off again, not after all that went on so far...

Another question for the experts on here. At what point do the rats literally start leaving the sinking ship? As it currently stands they are still trying to give the impression that the club has a future and will continue to be run as normal, sorting out a new owner etc, etc..... at what point would you expect them to put their hands up and say "oh f**k it, sorry we really are stuffed!"? Or will Storrie and co try to disappear without saying anything? Will Wednesday really be the be all and end all either way or will the bulls**t and speculation continue until the start of March?

I'm sorry that will be the end of posting on here for me I'd only have to look at this web site to be a ROFL'ing mess on the floor.

I don't think I would ever recover. :D:smt033:D

Surely they can't pull that fake Sheikh gag off again, not after all that went on so far...

I wonder how they got in contact...do you reckon it was the phone call or the email?

Perhaps my thoughts on the 'Milk Sheikh' weren't too far off the button.

If true, I bet Storyteller wishes he'd grabbed our Sheikh on Saturday.

Another question for the experts on here. At what point do the rats literally start leaving the sinking ship? As it currently stands they are still trying to give the impression that the club has a future and will continue to be run as normal, sorting out a new owner etc, etc..... at what point would you expect them to put their hands up and say "oh f**k it, sorry we really are stuffed!"? Or will Storrie and co try to disappear without saying anything? Will Wednesday really be the be all and end all either way or will the bulls**t and speculation continue until the start of March?

I reckon Storyteller's there til the end.

If he ends up in court for *anything* then running away from the problems won't do his character assessment any good.

We wont learn anything on Wednesday - That's just when they have to provide the court with a financial statement and the case will be heard on the 1st March.

Depending what that document says, will dictate what action is taken.

If Vantis are saying they are insolvent then there really isn't much they can do with the exception of turning up on the 1st with a new owner, who is happy to write a cheque for 11.5 million.

I think it is safe to say that pompey will already know what Vantis , make of thier books, so theres not much more that they can do except try to find new owners.

The other option is if someone puts them into admin, but they have had plenty of oppurtunities to do so and no one has (I find this the strangest part of it all) so it really will be **** or bust on the 1st.

No other club is involved in bailing us out. The money is the minimum we can expect the PL to pay us in August whether we go down or not.

One thing I have not seen pointed out to you on this is that between now and August you will burn more in wages than the money due.So then the 11m will still be due add to that the fact the revenue will be entitled to a large slice of your income from this.Of course that does not matter it seems in your part of the world.

We wont learn anything on Wednesday - That's just when they have to provide the court with a financial statement and the case will be heard on the 1st March.

If Vantis are saying they are insolvent then there really isn't much they can do with the exception of turning up on the 1st with a new owner, who is happy to write a cheque for 11.5 million.

I think it is safe to say that pompey will already know what Vantis , make of thier books, so theres not much more that they can do except try to find new owners.

The other option is if someone puts them into admin, but they have had plenty of oppurtunities to do so and no one has (I find this the strangest part of it all) so it really will be **** or bust on the 1st.

But I cant see that as being correct,. If it is pointed out that the company is trading insolvent then immediate action must happen.

That is a duty of care not only to the public purse but all other suppliers.The courts surely cant play sit back and wait whilst more peopl get hurt

I seriously doubt we will hear anything Wednesday - once the statement is in the real race starts sown the road to get money in place before the hearing as they will know they are well andtruely Fooked on the day

que music to **** Barton

Won't they draw a line in the sand on Wednesday? And examine that evidence and make their judgement on the state of the books and the club at that point in time?

Sorry Nick - I've just seen you're saying the same thing in effect. If they're insolvent on Wednesday, they're insolvent on Wednesday and therefore trading illegally.

End of.....

Edited by bridge too far
NickH's post above mine

If the financial statement provided to the court on Wednesday suggests that Pompey are insolvent, the Directors of the club will be *advised to place it into administration, immediately. To continue trading will expose them to the risk of being personally liable for any debts incurred and to being banned from being directors in the future.

In my opinion, Storey will resign tomorrow, when Vantis produces the statement and tells him to read it and weep...

*On second thoughts, only the creditors can place Pompey in administration, but I still expect Storrey to resign as a director if he's advised they are insolvent...

Edited by Guided Missile

Won't they draw a line in the sand on Wednesday? And examine that evidence and make their judgement on the state of the books and the club at that point in time?

Sorry Nick - I've just seen you're saying the same thing in effect. If they're insolvent on Wednesday, they're insolvent on Wednesday and therefore trading illegally.

End of.....

so why aren't they appearing in court til march 1st :confused:

Where is Clapham? I hope he is OK. He has been away from here for a while.

Don't worry Nick.

Still here.

However having been WRONG about the fire sale of players and WRONG about the, being wound up before the match at the weekend I've not bothered to post much in the last couple of days.

Given that I still expect them to get wound up I don't want to end up being wrong about that too!

My understanding is that they have to be able demonstrate that they have the ability to pay by WEDNESDAY as well as prove that they are not insolvent. If not they get wound up. Am I wrong?

Don't worry Nick.

Still here.

However having been WRONG about the fire sale of players and WRONG about the, being wound up before the match at the weekend I've not bothered to post much in the last couple of days.

Given that I still expect them to get wound up I don't want to end up being wrong about that too!

So what , sir is your take on the question we are all asking about if the SoA shows they are in the mire , can anything be done prior to the court herring ;)?

Only the court can wind them up and the judge gets two days to read the documentation and then the 1st is the first available sitting.

Regardless of whether they are insolvent, nothing will happen until the 1st.

There will be leaks i'm sure as to what Vantis are saying, but aslo story teller will let the world know if vantis are saying anything positive

So what , sir is your take on the question we are all asking about if the SoA shows they are in the mire , can anything be done prior to the court herring ;)?

My understanding is that the court date has been set for the 1st as this is the first available court date. On that basis, I don't think anything will happen until the hearing.

My understanding is that they have to be able demonstrate that they have the ability to pay by WEDNESDAY as well as prove that they are not insolvent. If not they get wound up. Am I wrong?

clapham is your best man for that, but my understanding is that this is almost in two parts now. Wednesday is nothing more than a deadline, regardless of whether they can or can't pay, nothing will happen until the 1st. (Unless they push the club into admin)

1) The question of whether they are insolvent

2) The small matter of 11.5 million

I think it could even be a case that if the PL advance them the money and they pay, they could still be wound up

clapham is your best man for that, but my understanding is that this is almost in two parts now. Wednesday is nothing more than a deadline, regardless of whether they can or can't pay, nothing will happen until the 1st. (Unless they push the club into admin)

1) The question of whether they are insolvent

2) The small matter of 11.5 million

3) All the rest of their debts

I think it could even be a case that if the PL advance them the money and they pay, they could still be wound up

I have edited it for you, as my understanding is that they have to prove they are solvent, this means servicing all of their debts.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})