Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Do you honestly believe that the report will be produced on Wednesday? I appreciate that it is in the best interests of Vantis to produce the document. Indeed, their professional reputation may well depend on it! However I do feel that there may well be a problem with Pompey's printer or that the file was found to have a virus in it, if it was sent at all.

Or am I getting way too cynical about things of a Skate nature?

I don't think the high court judge would be too sympathetic. . .

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
You may well be right, but given the way PFC deal with 'legalities', I think the quesstion should be asked.

... but do you believe its morally right to increase your wage bill given your record of being able to pay your current debts? ...

Morals + PFC = Oxymoron, I'm afraid.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Do you honestly believe that the report will be produced on Wednesday? I appreciate that it is in the best interests of Vantis to produce the document. Indeed, their professional reputation may well depend on it! However I do feel that there may well be a problem with Pompey's printer or that the file was found to have a virus in it, if it was sent at all.

Or am I getting way too cynical about things of a Skate nature?

If you can't use that excuse to submit a University essay late, I am absolutely bloody certain that it won't wash with a High Court Registrar. Contempt of Court anyone.

I don't think the high court judge would be too sympathetic. . .

Maybe not.

At what level in the legal system was the lady who gave them the 7/9/whatever days whilst even then worrying that PCFC had been trading whilst insolvent?

Just thinking that if she was a high court judge then Pompey may have found their saviour?

You may well be right, but given the way PFC deal with 'legalities', I think the quesstion should be asked.

You have the right to sign free transfers because the PL gave you back that right - but do you believe its morally right to increase your wage bill given your record of being able to pay your current debts? I know where I sit on that issue, unfortunately the PL failed to grow some (as some would put it on here) when they needed to. I also believe that the PL have an awful lot to answer for in how they have let PFC (and potentially other PL clubs) continue to trade without restrictions coming in. If you have any doubts, look at the differences between how the FL and the PL have dealt with similar situations - Us and West Ham (parent co in admin) and also how clubs in financial problems get dealt with in the FL - Bournemouth & Luton would be prime examples.

More significant that moral values is the fact that they have signed a player and increased their liabilities immediately after a court has found that they are almost certainly trading insolvently. The extra money that they pay in wages could just have easily been paid back to the taxman.

Maybe not.

At what level in the legal system was the lady who gave them the 7/9/whatever days whilst even then worrying that PCFC had been trading whilst insolvent?

Just thinking that if she was a high court judge then Pompey may have found their saviour?

I'm no expert but one reason could well be that due to the high pressure of this case (potentially the first ever PL club being wound up) she gave this extension to cover her own back, so it would seem she gave them one final chance to prove they were solvent when she and HMRC knew perfectly well they couldn't.

They HAVE to produce this document Wednesday? or whenever it is next week. Even if Pompey do survive, if they are found to have been trading whilst insolvent, (which HMRC and a judge in the High Court agree is the case) that opens a completely new avenue of legal repercussions

More significant that moral values is the fact that they have signed a player and increased their liabilities immediately after a court has found that they are almost certainly trading insolvently. The extra money that they pay in wages could just have easily been paid back to the taxman.

Thats what I was getting at - and they apparently want to sign Shabani Nonda on wages of £20k per week :smt119

They really are giving the proverbial two fingered salute to the courts. The sooner they are shut down, the better. They are an embarrassment - to the game and to their fans.

I'm no expert but one reason could well be that due to the high pressure of this case (potentially the first ever PL club being wound up) she gave this extension to cover her own back, so it would seem she gave them one final chance to prove they were solvent when she and HMRC knew perfectly well they couldn't.

They HAVE to produce this document Wednesday? or whenever it is next week. Even if Pompey do survive, if they are found to have been trading whilst insolvent, (which HMRC and a judge in the High Court agree is the case) that opens a completely new avenue of legal repercussions

If they are found to be trading whilst insolvent , would this have any impications to previous matches. Or are the PL happy to let this one slip by the wayside also ?

[/b]

If they are found to be trading whilst insolvent , would this have any impications to previous matches. Or are the PL happy to let this one slip by the wayside also ?

EPL and its OLD FARTS..are only interested in themselves..the big noises and their own arrrses...

The whole thing has been a total sham.....:smt086

Even that day in court should have seen the winding up of Pompey....Not that I wished that upon any football club.. It stinks to high heaven of stale ;)....

All the evidence was there and the good lady laid it off...Total farce...:rolleyes:

Edited by ottery st mary
spellin ..copying too many others

Thats what I was getting at - and they apparently want to sign Shabani Nonda on wages of £20k per week :smt119

They really are giving the proverbial two fingered salute to the courts. The sooner they are shut down, the better. They are an embarrassment - to the game and to their fans.

Would you like some fruit Gorgiesaint.:cool:

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=monte-carlo-or-bust%26method=full%26objectid=22041665%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

"Portsmouth are in talks with a mystery Monte Carlo-based fan in a desperate bid to stave off liquidation"

This line from the article is the bit i love most:D

"Former Pompey owner Sulaiman Al Fahim has also expressed an interest in buying back the club."

lmao

rumour has it Al Fahim has aquired a fair bit of cash and is currently working for a Sheik, however its highly unlikely that he will return as owner

Well lets hope Phil can get a lowdown on this, he normally is spot on with the arab take on things. I loved the saints fan going and taunting Jacob and storrie with his teatowel and cash, did you see it. Very good indeed.

rumour has it Al Fahim has aquired a fair bit of cash and is currently working for a Sheik, however its highly unlikely that he will return as owner

Why would he spend money on a team that...

1) Is likely to be relegated within 13 games.

2) Outside of the transfer window so no chance to change thing.

3) Has huge debts of £60m+.

4) Has a small fanbase averaging a mere 18k in the top flight.

5) No training ground

6) A small and old stadium that also doesn't own the land around it.

There are plenty of Championship clubs with a lot more potential, infrastructure, larger fanbases and fewer problems than Pompey.

Sheff Utd

Sheff Weds

Derby

Leicester

Coventry

Newcastle

West Brom

Cardiff

Nottingham Forrest

Ipswich

Norwich

Leeds

Bristol City

Charlton

MK Dons

Middlesbrough

Are all clubs that a rich buyer should buy over Pompey.

Anyone that does buy Pompey can't be taken seriously as doing it to improve the club because the very fact that they choose Pompey over the many others they could have had shows a lack of business foresight.

Edited by Matthew Le God

EPL and its OLD FARTS..are only interested in themselves..the big noises and their own arrrses...

The whole thing has been a total sham.....:smt086

Even that day in court should have seen the winding up of Pompey....Not that I wished that upon any football club.. It stinks to high heaven of stale ;)....

All the evidence was there and the good lady laid it off...Total farce...:rolleyes:

I'm more inclined to think that the SUSPICION was there but couldn't be proved at that point in time. The law has to deal with absolutes and that's what will be demonstrated next week.

I'm hoping that the good lady has, in fact, given them enough rope to hang themselves and, who knows, uncover criminal behaviour as well as fiscal wrongdoings.

I'm more inclined to think that the SUSPICION was there but couldn't be proved at that point in time. The law has to deal with absolutes and that's what will be demonstrated next week.

I'm hoping that the good lady has, in fact, given them enough rope to hang themselves and, who knows, uncover criminal behaviour as well as fiscal wrongdoings.

BTF, that would be justice if they do find fiscal and criminal wrongdoings, but the fact that the team invited to do the report doesnt give me much confidence worries me a tad that this will come to pass.

Why would he spend money on a team that...

1) Is likely to be relegated within 13 games.

2) Outside of the transfer window so no chance to change thing.

3) Has huge debts of £60m+.

4) Has a small fanbase averaging a mere 18k in the top flight.

5) No training ground

6) A small and old stadium that also doesn't own the land around it.

There are plenty of Championship clubs with a lot more potential, infrastructure, larger fanbases and fewer problems than Pompey.

Sheff Utd

Sheff Weds

Derby

Leicester

Coventry

Newcastle

West Brom

Cardiff

Nottingham Forrest

etc etc are all clubs with more potential

Anyone that does buy Pompey can't be taken seriously as doing it to improve the club because the very fact that they choose Pompey over the many others they could have had shows a lack of business foresight.

how many times do we have to go through this lol - no idea why and don't you think we already know what you have posted above ?

I was one of those 'moderate' Saints fans up until full time yesterday who wanted you to survive but struggle for a few decades because of it...however now, I hope the high court and HMRC wipe you off the face of the planet :)

Wahey - the fake Sheik makes another appearance...

heard Coppel on the FA Cup coverage what on earth is he on, just because its a football club it should be saved, employs a lot of people!

well where was that sentiment for Woolworths then ? why does football think its special and able to flout the laws of the land let alone any morality issues

Well lets hope Phil can get a lowdown on this, he normally is spot on with the arab take on things. I loved the saints fan going and taunting Jacob and storrie with his teatowel and cash, did you see it. Very good indeed.

OK some IMHO's

A Sheikh is a term that tells us something. The money is not coming from Saudi as they are all "Princes''

It is not Oman as he is a Sultan

That means it has to be the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar or possibly Kuwait.

Qatar was rumoured to be behind Munto finance at Notts County. If that is not a lolage moment then I don't know what is

They have the Aspire Academy and the bid for the World Cup. Let's see, what value would a failing PL club bring to that. Nothing, EXCEPT of course the FAPL would love them for digging them out of the mess they are in which would no doubt give a nailed on guarantee that the FA would push FIFA to support the Qatar bid.

Plausible, except SBT is a laughing stock and the Aspie Academy is a REAL professional operation. Certainly could not be seen to touch the club IF they were insolvent during the season, they stay very low under the radar

Well we have the United Arab Emirates. I keep saying this, Dubai's Royal family simply cannot be seen to get involved - jeez just today they are talking about ONLY paying back 60% of their debts.

Abu Dhabi - yes we all know SBT worked at Hydra and had links to Khalifa ...bin .Zayed.Al Nayahan. I am SURE the PL would welcome the brother or cousin of the owner of Man City as an owner into the PL..... They do that and I think that would be the end for them (the PL).

Sharjah Al Quasimi family? Well the son may have been a possible but he allegdely maybe passed away in unfortunate circumstances in a dodgy hotel off allegedly Queensway with an allegedly "self employed" working girl alongside him so no, cannot see the motivation.

Ajman and Ras Al Khamiah, well RAK got a kicking from losing the America's Cup and have a lot of property concerns of their own, Ajman still struggle to buy a new power station.

Bahrain, well the Sheikh there had a damned good business advisor who looked into football - runours of Liverpool and others, but seems that other rumours abound the advisor found a new best friend and bought some L1 football team himself. Are they interested? Well, considering the uttter shambles they have made of Gulf Air allegedly would make sense.

Kuwait? Nah, they just used their spare cash to pay off the debts and losses of all their nationals duing the crash.

Anyone else?

Well I did mention that whole how to make up a bid to sidetrack them scenario. I'm sure that Eric was really working yesterday and wasn't cruising round in a Yellow Ferrari discussing M&A activity.

So, Sheikh Khalifa in Bahrain or a FAPP nightmare for the PL with two family members owning two clubs, global football politics could see the poor old Qatari's dragged into the mess.

Of course this is based on the information supplied. If it was an Emir, or a Prince, but then SBT could so easily have been mistaken.

A SHEIKH by definition can also mean "Businessman" I havea very good friend who is a Sheikh. He came to SMS to watch the Villa game in our last PL season and still wears his shirt in Damascus. The title is used in a similar way down here to that of Engineer. My mate earns about 40 grand a year and drives a Kia. Perhaps that is the kind of Sheikh SBT has found

next idea

OK some IMHO's

A Sheikh is a term that tells us something. The money is not coming from Saudi as they are all "Princes''

It is not Oman as he is a Sultan

That means it has to be the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar or possibly Kuwait.

Qatar was rumoured to be behind Munto finance at Notts County. If that is not a lolage moment then I don't know what is

They have the Aspire Academy and the bid for the World Cup. Let's see, what value would a failing PL club bring to that. Nothing, EXCEPT of course the FAPL would love them for digging them out of the mess they are in which would no doubt give a nailed on guarantee that the FA would push FIFA to support the Qatar bid.

Plausible, except SBT is a laughing stock and the Aspie Academy is a REAL professional operation. Certainly could not be seen to touch the club IF they were insolvent during the season, they stay very low under the radar

Well we have the United Arab Emirates. I keep saying this, Dubai's Royal family simply cannot be seen to get involved - jeez just today they are talking about ONLY paying back 60% of their debts.

Abu Dhabi - yes we all know SBT worked at Hydra and had links to Khalifa ...bin .Zayed.Al Nayahan. I am SURE the PL would welcome the brother or cousin of the owner of Man City as an owner into the PL..... They do that and I think that would be the end for them (the PL).

Sharjah Al Quasimi family? Well the son may have been a possible but he allegdely maybe passed away in unfortunate circumstances in a dodgy hotel off allegedly Queensway with an allegedly "self employed" working girl alongside him so no, cannot see the motivation.

Ajman and Ras Al Khamiah, well RAK got a kicking from losing the America's Cup and have a lot of property concerns of their own, Ajman still struggle to buy a new power station.

Bahrain, well the Sheikh there had a damned good business advisor who looked into football - runours of Liverpool and others, but seems that other rumours abound the advisor found a new best friend and bought some L1 football team himself. Are they interested? Well, considering the uttter shambles they have made of Gulf Air allegedly would make sense.

Kuwait? Nah, they just used their spare cash to pay off the debts and losses of all their nationals duing the crash.

Anyone else?

Well I did mention that whole how to make up a bid to sidetrack them scenario. I'm sure that Eric was really working yesterday and wasn't cruising round in a Yellow Ferrari discussing M&A activity.

So, Sheikh Khalifa in Bahrain or a FAPP nightmare for the PL with two family members owning two clubs, global football politics could see the poor old Qatari's dragged into the mess.

Of course this is based on the information supplied. If it was an Emir, or a Prince, but then SBT could so easily have been mistaken.

A SHEIKH by definition can also mean "Businessman" I havea very good friend who is a Sheikh. He came to SMS to watch the Villa game in our last PL season and still wears his shirt in Damascus. The title is used in a similar way down here to that of Engineer. My mate earns about 40 grand a year and drives a Kia. Perhaps that is the kind of Sheikh SBT has found

next idea

Alwaysgreat insight reading your stuff Phil.It would be funny if a dummy bid had been concocted to waste their time.

Fact

Al Fahim has always worked for a Sheikh, he worked for Hydra Properties which was a quasi Abu Dhabi Government organisation (Like Dubai Holdings)

Nothing new there.

Al Fahim was going to earn a 50million dollar bonus from his work at Hydra last October.

Al Fahim was moved from CEO to "Board Level"

Al Fahim's bonus cheque would cover the HMRC.

So what he is trying to do is what he tried to do last summer - flip the deal.

You are right..Evidence is a must ...

But they had two previous chances and the HMRC evidence alone, was more than enough on the day..

Surely It was for Portsmouth as the defendant.. to have been told by the court to prove in defence to the charges/information with all their own financial evidence, why they did not pay when demanded of them and why they should not be wound up by the good lady....

In effect they were given a third chance...There may be other criminal matters arising but that was for others to decide....

I would accept that other matters may have been a factor.. but on this court appearance Portsmouth were more than guilty to the evidence

submitted by HMRC and IMO should have been wound up..

just watched an interview with storrie, he praises the ''EPL'' for their support and confessed that they will help where they need to.

WTF? why on earth do they deserve help? why do they deserve any support at all, ever? they got into this situation because of bad management - and they should not be given a helping hand to get out of it.

makes me sick, and in some ways makes me glad to be out of the PL - such a murky league.

just watched an interview with storrie, he praises the ''EPL'' for their support and confessed that they will help where they need to.

WTF? why on earth do they deserve help? why do they deserve any support at all, ever? they got into this situation because of bad management - and they should not be given a helping hand to get out of it.

makes me sick, and in some ways makes me glad to be out of the PL - such a murky league.

I have been a massive believer that the prem is where it is at and we HAVE to be there..

the way pompey are allowed to continue....more so came to light that two of their scorers were Awuso-beye and O'Hara (1st scorer and MoM) were brought in whilst they could not pay the staff makes me sick

if we never get back to the prem I NOW wont be too let down

not at all - he even asked to come back after we had to let him go back to spurs. Has the good of the club at heart it seems

There is no good of your club...you don't own your ground, your players, your car park & you owe everyone from your own stewards right up to the HMRC...

At least when you die you won't smell any worse:)

I have been a massive believer that the prem is where it is at and we HAVE to be there..

the way pompey are allowed to continue....more so came to light that two of their scorers were Awuso-beye and O'Hara (1st scorer and MoM) were brought in whilst they could not pay the staff makes me sick

if we never get back to the prem I NOW wont be too let down

Sometimes I disagree with you.

Today I wholeheartedly agree. Saints are a cut and class above that shower........... and the EPL.

Fact

Al Fahim has always worked for a Sheikh, he worked for Hydra Properties which was a quasi Abu Dhabi Government organisation (Like Dubai Holdings)

Nothing new there.

Al Fahim was going to earn a 50million dollar bonus from his work at Hydra last October.

Al Fahim was moved from CEO to "Board Level"

Al Fahim's bonus cheque would cover the HMRC.

So what he is trying to do is what he tried to do last summer - flip the deal.

This would be a dilemna for the PL. Would they allow him to pass the F&PP test after previously owning the club for 46 days & not being able to pay the wages?

The EPL are only trying to protect their brand.

They will not bail pfc out with regards to cash and have said that already and they can't unless ALL the other chairman vote to do it, which they won't.

I think the News of The World have got it spot on that, for the good of football, Pompey should not be helped out by the FA.

Even if it throws the league into chaos and doesn't help the brand's image short term, if the league wants to retain any integrity it can't be seen to pander to cheats. Pompey should be used as a warning to all the other clubs and an example should be made.

I expect the pickey ****s will somehow wriggle out of this somehow though, doing the right thing has rarely been a concern of the PL.

There is one word for what Pompey and that is cheats. They are cheating by playing players that they cannot afford to pay. They are cheating HMRC and all those owed money. I even think they are cheating players like that Serbian, Dusky Tosspot or whatever his name is, promising a future in the Prem, probably getting him to buy his own contract out to come here on totally false pretences.

Many years ago in Salisbury there was a light aircraft company that was quite high profile but locally every-one knew that they were living on borrowed time, and I remember getting chatting to a couple of Northern lads in the pub who had just started work there. They had both given up decent jobs and sold their homes for the chance to work there. And about three weeks later the company went t1ts-up and they were left without even a month's wages. That is the reality of trading while knowingly insolvent. (I believe the owners were called to account, but no consolation for all those who lost their cash.) And Pompey are cheating people in the same way.

There is one word for what Pompey and that is cheats. They are cheating by playing players that they cannot afford to pay. They are cheating HMRC and all those owed money. I even think they are cheating players like that Serbian, Dusky Tosspot or whatever his name is, promising a future in the Prem, probably getting him to buy his own contract out to come here on totally false pretences.

Many years ago in Salisbury there was a light aircraft company that was quite high profile but locally every-one knew that they were living on borrowed time, and I remember getting chatting to a couple of Northern lads in the pub who had just started work there. They had both given up decent jobs and sold their homes for the chance to work there. And about three weeks later the company went t1ts-up and they were left without even a month's wages. That is the reality of trading while knowingly insolvent. (I believe the owners were called to account, but no consolation for all those who lost their cash.) And Pompey are cheating people in the same way.

Exactly why they should be given no help at all, I feel for the real people working away behind the scenes but these charlatans should be held accountable and brought to book.

the media is just grasping that they have gained an advantage on the pitch by their criminal activity off it, and continue to do so with the ongoing recruitment.

It's cheating and it's blatant, but that arrogance has walked them right into a trap where HMRC are waiting - they have less than three days to bank a massive donation, and to shred a lot of evidence.

As Confusious say - Man who sticks two fingers up at the court and the taxman can look forward to groundsharing with Havant and Waterlooville sometime soon.

Thanks for calling, it was so lovely to see you, hope you enjoyed your win, no I don't want my drive done, we don't need the wheel trims back thanks, and yes, you'll get a big welcome at Totton if the league accepts you.

byeeee!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})