Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

And what is vantis's part in all this. If they are over seeing the books surely they would have had some input?

As Chez says, that's not their remit. The Premier League could (and should) have imposed another embargo while they get this statement prepared, but that would involve them actually growing a pair first.

Is there anything to stop Vantis (besides the complexity of the accounts obviously) getting a move on and delivering it to the court early? After all its to be delivery BY that date not ON that date. Not going to happen but would be funny if it did!

Is there anything to stop Vantis (besides the complexity of the accounts obviously) getting a move on and delivering it to the court early? After all its to be delivery BY that date not ON that date. Not going to happen but would be funny if it did!

Accountants in "not squeezing as much money out of its client" shocker - can't see it, personally :lol:

I can't believe anyone is taking Storrie's nonsense seriously! No quotes or facts at all.

The Premier League would be opening themsleves up to massive litigation issues if they bend the rules.

Has Sky already paid next season's payments to the league? How else could the Premier League pay any of next season's money early? As Scudamore points out, the Premier League isn't a bank, it doesn't hold millions in reserve:

the PL holds very little money as its role is to pay it out to its clubs, other football leagues and good causes.

I shouldn't. No really.

Oh alright then.

Seems the Skates aren't the only ones that have bad luck choosing the right Arabic partner

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/dubai/7205478/Groom-sues-in-laws-over-ugly-bride.html

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/6788912/groom-discovers-new-wife-has-a-beard/

I think you may have got there a little late with those 'exclusives' - GM gazumped you on this headliner - although to be fair he did credit you...!

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20162

;)

Can anything happen between the submission of the statement and the court hearing?

They can lose a footy match to us ;-)

The court hasn't imposed anything nor the PL (apart from signing only frees) so I would assume it's business as normal down the road, so that could mean anything from other creditors wanting to join the party to them signing players!

Edited by Doctoroncall

This really is a total mystery to me. I honestly don't know what the outcome is going to be. As long as we beat them, I don't really care either. I'd rather see them relegated, then relegated again and again and again rather than them going out of existence, however when I hear news that they have been allowed to sign another player it really does make me want them to disappear. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it if they went bust.

Agree it is tountamount to a massive two fingers to the Court that they were so lucky to escape from this Wednesday and two fimngers to every one else that says it would be awful to see Pompey disappear. No it bloody would't !!

Can anything happen between the submission of the statement and the court hearing?

Probably not but I guess my sort of point was that, assuming the report shows the gory details of there insolvency then they will be try hard to stop that report reaching the hands of HMRC who could then, one assumes, pass it on to other parties to prosecute pompey even if pompey found the money to pay off HMRC before the due date.

In January, 2009, Equifax provided a league table of solvency, out of a total score of 100. Don't say no one was warned...

The Equifax Table

98 Arsenal

93 Man United

71 West Brom

65 Tottenham

43 Blackburn

40 Manchester City

37 Sunderland

37 West Ham

26 Liverpool

--------- CLUBS BELOW THIS LINE TECHNICALLY INSOLVENT

18 Everton

17 Stoke City

10 Chelsea

7 Middlesbrough

5 Newcastle

5 Bolton

2 Aston Villa

2 Wigan

2 Fulham

1 Hull

0 Portsmouth

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5945196,00.html

A poll conducted by
Sky Sports News
shows support from other Premier League chairmen to ensure Portsmouth's survival this season - but only if it doesn't give them a competitive advantage.

Club sources say they would prefer Portsmouth to receive a 'parachute payment' only if the Pompey went into administration and was docked nine points as per Premier League rules.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5945196,00.html

A poll conducted by
Sky Sports News
shows support from other Premier League chairmen to ensure Portsmouth's survival this season - but only if it doesn't give them a competitive advantage.

Club sources say they would prefer Portsmouth to receive a 'parachute payment' only if the Pompey went into administration and was docked nine points as per Premier League rules.

And, according to popular opinion on here, Admin is no longer an option while the WUO is going through the courts.

And, according to popular opinion on here, Admin is no longer an option while the WUO is going through the courts.

I thought the opinion was that admin was still an option but it was unlikely that any of the creditors would put them into admin, and they can't do it themselves.

Quite a lengthy piece in Da Noos today:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Week-of-hard-work-ahead.6063502.jp

I particularly liked these quotes from the man himself:

'Debts have been reduced dramatically and obviously we welcome the chance to talk things through with Vantis and then put the case forward in a few days' time.'

Or, to put it another way: "We welcome the chance to discuss the working mechanism of the guillotine with Monsieur Robespierre".

'It's still a serious position but we have put a strong case up to the court and we will put an even stronger one up once we get all the figures together.'

I read that as "On Wednesday we said please, then pretty please. Next time we'll be saying pretty please with brass knobs on. That'll do it."

And there's plenty more where those came from...

In more hard to believe news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250531/Spurs-boss-Harry-Redknapp-shocked-Portsmouths-fall-grace.html

boss Harry Redknapp admits he is stunned by
Portsmouth's
plight since leading them to FA Cup glory at Wembley.

After all he had nothing to do with them living beyond their means for so long did he....

I thought the opinion was that admin was still an option but it was unlikely that any of the creditors would put them into admin, and they can't do it themselves.

Yeh, thinking again, maybe you are right.

course, no one seems to be 100% certain, even the outside this gforum, with different people quoting different things in different places.

Interesting times to say the least, and we will all be more knowledgeable at the end of this process. :-)

Or, to put it another way: "We welcome the chance to discuss the working mechanism of the guillotine with Monsieur Robespierre".

I read that as "On Wednesday we said please, then pretty please. Next time we'll be saying pretty please with brass knobs on. That'll do it."

I'm really looking forward to giving that twaaaaaaaaat some stick tomorrow. He really is the most odious creature ever to set foot on the football planet.

I should think that, if HMRC and other creditors were paid and the winding up petition removed, Pompey would then be able to put themselves into administration. However, I still don't see it happening. SSN has presumably conducted a poll based on the rumour of early payment - but as far as anyone knows a rumour is all it is.

And, if Pompey were reprieved and thus offered the chance to go into administration themselves, I bet they still wouldn't do it anyway!

I'm really looking forward to giving that twaaaaaaaaat some stick tomorrow. He really is the most odious creature ever to set foot on the football planet.

Actually, I think we should be singing his name till it echoes all around St Mary's, if only to show that satire is alive and well. :D

He sure is:

I know we have been saddled with our fair share of blithering idiots, but at least they were fundamentally honest blithering idiots.

Storrie has no scruples at all !

I think, taking off my Pompey-hating hat, the best outcome may be them to receive this money, but have to take a points deduction/automatic relegation, as the Sky poll suggests.

It's only because of this 'bail out' that they're not in admin (/ wound up) which would, in normal course of events lead to such a penalty. If there is a mechanism where they can be saved from liquidation with minimal disruption (ie they would get paid this in 2 months anyway, it's not a strict handout) then go for it, but they should be treated the same way as a club who had gone into admin. Otherwise it's just another loophole like we tried.

I think, taking off my Pompey-hating hat, the best outcome may be them to receive this money, but have to take a points deduction/automatic relegation, as the Sky poll suggests.

It's only because of this 'bail out' that they're not in admin (/ wound up) which would, in normal course of events lead to such a penalty. If there is a mechanism where they can be saved from liquidation with minimal disruption (ie they would get paid this in 2 months anyway, it's not a strict handout) then go for it, but they should be treated the same way as a club who had gone into admin. Otherwise it's just another loophole like we tried.

It would still be a loophole as by not going into admin they would lose the likely much larger penalties that would come with them exiting admin, assuming they failed to agree a CVA with HMRC.

Anyway the advanced payment would only cover their tax debt and they have very little money to get to the end of the season and still a mountain of debt.

In more hard to believe news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250531/Spurs-boss-Harry-Redknapp-shocked-Portsmouths-fall-grace.html

boss Harry Redknapp admits he is stunned by
Portsmouth's
plight since leading them to FA Cup glory at Wembley.

After all he had nothing to do with them living beyond their means for so long did he....

You should see the SSN loop, he started to say the same, and point out that Poopey wages weren't that high, then remembered himself (i.e. what he said under oath), and then changed his story by claiming he had nothing to do with the wages. I hope the CPS, were watching;)

You should see the SSN loop, he started to say the same, and point out that Poopey wages weren't that high, then remembered himself (i.e. what he said under oath), and then changed his story by claiming he had nothing to do with the wages. I hope the CPS, were watching;)

How exactly is 90% of income on wages 'Not that high'?

Was PS specially flown in from Hayling Island to give this interview?

He's obviously got 'an arrangement' with UK Customs to clear him rapidly, or is Hayling Island part of the E.U. now?

In January, 2009, Equifax provided a league table of solvency, out of a total score of 100. Don't say no one was warned...

The Equifax Table

98 Arsenal

93 Man United

71 West Brom

65 Tottenham

43 Blackburn

40 Manchester City

37 Sunderland

37 West Ham

26 Liverpool

--------- CLUBS BELOW THIS LINE TECHNICALLY INSOLVENT

18 Everton

17 Stoke City

10 Chelsea

7 Middlesbrough

5 Newcastle

5 Bolton

2 Aston Villa

2 Wigan

2 Fulham

1 Hull

0 Portsmouth

poor form GM, if you look at the article

http://www.equifax.co.uk/About-us/Press_releases/2009/PREMIERSHIP_CREDIT_CRUNCH.html

it has an asterisk by portsmouth that explains :

No accounts filed for Portsmouth Football Club at Companies House, so automatically given zero points and insolvency rating.

No accounts filed for Portsmouth Football Club at Companies House, so automatically given zero points and insolvency rating.

Accounts that are really bad are filed late, or not at all. That's why Pompey scored zero. It's not an anomally, FFS, it's because Equifax assumes the accounts are bad and they are very rarely wrong, as the last few weeks have demonstrated....

Accounts that are really bad are filed late, or not at all. That's why Pompey scored zero. It's not an anomally, FFS, it's because Equifax assumes the accounts are bad and they are very rarely wrong, as the last few weeks have demonstrated....

Plus if they waited for pompey to submit their accounts they might never get their report out.

my understanding was that on that date they're still being judged on what state the business is in next Wednesday, the seven day deadline - is that right?

The rest is just down to finding time to hear the case meaning further promises of phantom owners will count for nowt.

Maybe the court hopes they just go pop in the meantime - the wages day will tell us much...and let's not imagine that date when accounts are due is a coincidence, the taxman is a clever bloke and he's offering them much rope....

Storrie will take this as a reprieve and won't bother about it until that morning.

Panic ye not my pretties, they're still fatally wounded, they are just struggling to find a free slot at the Crem now.

When Vantis report next Wednesday, if it is to confirm they are trading insolvent, they will apply for Administration. The Directors have to or face a charge of trading whilst insolvent. Administration will give time for any new prospective owners to carry out their own Due Diligence. The courts will give them permission on Admin

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})