Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think you misread that sentence, teamsaint.

It's

I know for a fact that our players are totally motivated, better than yours and the bookies favourites to win.

Not

I know for a fact that our players are totally motivated, better than yours, and the bookies favourites to win.

wow that means they are saved... storrie has never lied or twisted the truth has he:D

On another note I do hope storrie is at saint marys tomorrow, its my sons 6th birthday.. and I promised him I would take him to see saints.. also promised him I would take him to see a clown one day.... could acheive both tomorrow!

that would be 2 clowns with krusty(w******d)the clown being their with storieteller:D

Should Pompey find a buyer and the story of two interested parties be true, what is it that Pompey have that say a club like Newcastle don't?

With Newcastle being originally available for 100m in the Premier League with their stadium, team, facilities before being offered for 80m once in the Championship, wouldn't they still be a better proposition now at 80m on the rise back to the Premier League rather than taking on Pompey for a £1 with an outdated stadium, no facilities, and almost 70m of debt in freefall from the Premier League.

If any wealthy potential buyers were looking for a club to buy, what is there that makes Pompey a good aquisition when there are other Clubs available in much stronger positions?

Surely anyone successful to have enough money to buy a football Club wouldn't buy one on a whim without looking at what else is offer for a similar price before weighing up what they will be getting for the money that needs to invested, so what is it that Pompey have that seems to attract these prospective buyers because it's not just for their facilities and fans. :confused:

Irrrespective of the Vantis report based on current profit v loss accounts etc, I cannot understand why Storrie's investors would buy the club in its current state rather than wait a couple more weeks and buy it for millions less from the administrator.

Possibly because he has convinced them (if they actually exist!) that pompey still have chance of staying up and that it would be cheaper to try and stay up without admin than risk disappearing into the championship where many sides have shown that an automatic return can be a pipe dream.

What's the betting that they submit the paper work, then before the court case try and throw a late spanner in the works by staging a takeover by Levi Kushnir (or perhaps a re-takeover by Al Mirage)?

Wonder if Registrar Derrett will fall for the ploy and grant them yet more time?

No bonus i'm afraid, however, I've been to Wembley 5 times now, 3 times with Pompey

How many of them were against lower league opposition or meaningless charity matches?

I've seen Saints 4 times at Wembley & once in Cardiff, our opponents were :

Man U (one division above us at the time)

Liverpool (a real force back then)

Notts Forest (Cloughies European cup winning squad)

Notts Forest (Cloughies League Cup winning squad)

Arsenal (or the invincibles as they were known)

Still I suppose little old Cardiff werent bad?

Just wanted to clear up how you are certain that your players are better motivated than ours.

Thats pretty bloody amazing inside knowledge if you ask me.

Do you know anything else interesting?

No TS, I said Were motivated and better than you. :)

to be fair PES most on here think we will lose (heart says one thing, head another etc) me, im looking forward to the game, the atmosphere, derby games are what football is all about and with the added bonus of it being on tv show the rest of the 'em how it should be done ;-)

Nice one Mike, enjoy the atmosphere, wish I was going now. :(

I think you misread that sentence, teamsaint.

It's

I know for a fact that our players are totally motivated, better than yours and the bookies favourites to win.

Not

I know for a fact that our players are totally motivated, better than yours, and the bookies favourites to win.

Thanks Ponty, never noticed you'd posted.

Possibly because he has convinced them (if they actually exist!) that pompey still have chance of staying up and that it would be cheaper to try and stay up without admin than risk disappearing into the championship where many sides have shown that an automatic return can be a pipe dream.

Exactly.

Investors would live in the real world, would carry out due diligence including looking at the league table, buy the club in a few weeks, regroup and get them promoted again with the millions they've saved by not buying in the next week.

How many of them were against lower league opposition or meaningless charity matches?

I've seen Saints 4 times at Wembley & once in Cardiff, our opponents were :

Man U (one division above us at the time)

Liverpool (a real force back then)

Notts Forest (Cloughies European cup winning squad)

Notts Forest (Cloughies League Cup winning squad)

Arsenal (or the invincibles as they were known)

Still I suppose little old Cardiff werent bad?

It's not a competition Paul. ;)

I've been to Wembley 3 times to see Saints (plus the Cardiff final) and well over 50 times for England games and my nipper has been down to Wembley for England games, but to take him to Wembley so see Saints, in his 1st season as a season ticket holder, tops the lot.

Tin pot trophy or not, he's very excited and that's what makes me happy.

Jamie O'Hara Twittered:

"In the hotel preparing for the big game, can't wait to get out the and put some big tackles in and get a result for the fans"

I'm telling you guys, Pompey has a fantastic Team Spirit, they just lack quality having been stripped of all saleable assets, this team will battle like f*** and will surprise you.

Jamie O'Hara Twittered:

"In the hotel preparing for the big game, can't wait to get out the and put some big tackles in and get a result for the fans"

I'm telling you guys, Pompey has a fantastic Team Spirit, they just lack quality having been stripped of all saleable assets, this team will battle like f*** and will surprise you.

So they are playing just down the road yet still put the team up in a hotel???

Jamie O'Hara Twittered:

I suppose being a loan player he's one of the few that expects to be paid come the end of the month.

Jamie O'Hara Twittered:

PES, you're an EPL team playing your arch rivals, 2 leagues lower in a cup game. If your players can't get up for that then there is no hope anyway.

You sound as if you are trying to convince yourself, not us.

I've already put my money on the skate bas*ards by 2 clear goals.

I've been to Wembley 3 times to see Saints (plus the Cardiff final) and well over 50 times for England games and my nipper has been down to Wembley for England games, but to take him to Wembley so see Saints, in his 1st season as a season ticket holder, tops the lot.

Tin pot trophy or not, he's very excited and that's what makes me happy.

Yes it's a Tin Pot Trophy, but it'll be a great day out for everyone, I'd of loved to go back in the early 80's.

Jamie O'Hara Twittered:

Good to see he has his priorities right... if playing a league one team in the cup is a 'big' game, then where does that leave the relegation stuggle? small?

Jamie O'Hara Twittered:

In a hotel... for a game that for many of your players is nearer than Fratton Park...another example of expense saving in hard times.

I can honestly say, I'm not at all scared of losing, I know for a fact that our players are totally motivated, better than yours and the bookies favourites to win. I have yet to speak to another Pompey fan who has any fear regarding the result tomorrow. Arrogant? maybe, but we will win the battle, even if ultimately we don't win the war.........

Bookies favourites, hummmmm, just about, not a lot in it though!

oddsp.png

got this text from a skate mate.. thought i would share it

peter storrie meets the hmrc about the outstanding tax bill.

the officer says "im letting you off the 11.5 million tax bill as im a great admirer of pompey and they are a fantastic club"

to which storrie replys in a startled manor " really"

the office replys "no mate im winding you up"

As no-one else was watching South Today, Roger Johnson (saw him at St Mary's with a giant hamburger) said that the PL stated that they definitely wouldn't do anything that would give give any team an advantage, contrary to reports in the newspapers. Ie, no early disbursement of parachute payments.

Some more suggestions for tomorrow's play list: (some already suggested)

"Taxman" The Beatles

"Busted" Ray Charles

"Here Comes The Judge" Pigmeat Markham

"Money For Nothing" Dire Straits

"Sunny Afternoon" The Kinks

"Money, Money, Money" Abba

"I, Who Have Nothing" Shirley Bassey

"Spanish Caravan" The Doors

"Caravan Of Love" The Isley Bros.

"Gone Fishing" Chris Rea

"Skating Away (On The This Ice Of A New Day)" Jethro Tull

"Do The Skate" Skatemaster Tate

"Down And Out" Genesis

"On A Story Teller's Night" Marillion

"Fools's Gold" Stone Roses

"Down The Dustpipe" Staus Quo

"Panic" The Smiths

"All Or Nothing" Small Faces

and, finally

"The Last Time" The Rolling Stones.

Anymore anyone...?

Glad to see the news about the new buyers in coming out now.

Gives 3 solutions to the problem.

1) new buyers

2) parachute payment with 9 point deduction - wait for the Avram Grant - this is good news we can do this quotes

3) they have no idea what is really going on

Personally I still think #3 is favourite. When the owners and the ex owners stand to make millions from their current position IF the club is wound up (from property) I really see continuing political games and yet another sudden rug being pulled trick.

Like I said months ago, we had 3 years of decline and a final two years of pain. They don't deserve to die, but their hope should live on for a lot longer yet before they finally come out of it and learn. (With respect to Mero & PES who do actually get it now)

As for tomorrow. Sure it will be gut wrenching IF we lose. But then, let's face it many of us are still shocked that we are even able to put a team out tomorrow and have the chance. Under WGS we lost enough "should have won" games against minor league opposition over the years, Rotherham springs to mind.

Tomorrow isn't our cup final, that's in March, it's the chance to have a fecking good laugh no matter what happens

Edited by dubai_phil

"Taxman" The Beatles

"Busted" Ray Charles

"Gone Fishing" Chris Rea

"Down And Out" Genesis

"Panic" The Smiths

and, finally

Anymore anyone...?

Gypsies Tramps and Thieves by Cher??

So they are playing just down the road yet still put the team up in a hotel???

I'm assuming they're in the De Vere if the number of police milling around there at 6pm was anything to go by - 4 police transits in the car park and a couple of squad cars...

I'm assuming they're in the De Vere if the number of police milling around there at 6pm was anything to go by - 4 police transits in the car park and a couple of squad cars...

I bet HMRC will be chuffed about that.

I also bet Nicola will check Storrie for DeVere slippers when he gets in tomorrow.

Portsmouth FC.

Hotel - DeVere

Kit Supplier - Canterbury

Sponsor - Jobsite

Pompey Aftershave - 'Arrogance'

Next week they will be receiving treatment for 'solvent' abuse.

Perhaps in the run up to the game Storrie et al will pop over to Longdown...there's a few troughs over there he could stick his face in.

Glad to see the news about the new buyers in coming out now.

Gives 3 solutions to the problem.

1) new buyers

2) parachute payment with 9 point deduction - wait for the Avram Grant - this is good news we can do this quotes

3) they have no idea what is really going on

Personally I still think #3 is favourite. When the owners and the ex owners stand to make millions from their current position IF the club is wound up (from property) I really see continuing political games and yet another sudden rug being pulled trick.

Like I said months ago, we had 3 years of decline and a final two years of pain. They don't deserve to die, but their hope should live on for a lot longer yet before they finally come out of it and learn. (With respect to Mero & PES who do actually get it now)

As for tomorrow. Sure it will be gut wrenching IF we lose. But then, let's face it many of us are still shocked that we are even able to put a team out tomorrow and have the chance. Under WGS we lost enough "should have won" games against minor league opposition over the years, Rotherham springs to mind.

Tomorrow isn't our cup final, that's in March, it's the chance to have a fecking good laugh no matter what happens

Phil, that's what grips the rabid skates' she!te, it never has really mattered as much to us as it does to them. Sure, we have a good laugh at their expense and it hurts to lose against them but they hate us with their every being.

And us? We pity them.

Phil, that's what grips the rabid skates' she!te, it never has really mattered as much to us as it does to them. Sure, we have a good laugh at their expense and it hurts to lose against them but they hate us with their every being.

And us? We pity them.

ESB, I have not encountered much pity displayed on this site, I'd say the general concensus is most fans wish the end, die, death, go pop, destruction of PFC. I'd say the hatred displayed towards my club from your side of the line is easily equal, if not greater. Once i'd of agreed with your post mate, but now i'm not so sure?

"Taxman" The Beatles

"Busted" Ray Charles

"Gone Fishing" Chris Rea

"Down And Out" Genesis

"Panic" The Smiths

and, finally

Anymore anyone...?

I have one.

"Liquidator" Harry J Allstars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hkYJ7ADyKU

It would be very apt to sing H-M-R-C

at the point Wolves used to sing **** off West Brom.

Thats all very well getting me in spud, but would you of got me out again afterwards? ;):)

PES you would be surprised how friendly we can be.I know of a Pompey fan who attended a Saints game recently and although we all knew who he supported,he was made welcome(with a bit of banter of course)!But if one of us went to Fratton and was known to be a Saints fan,do you think we would be ok?

ESB, I have not encountered much pity displayed on this site, I'd say the general concensus is most fans wish the end, die, death, go pop, destruction of PFC. I'd say the hatred displayed towards my club from your side of the line is easily equal, if not greater. Once i'd of agreed with your post mate, but now i'm not so sure?

Not so sure.

Of course because of the derby you get polarised opinions on both sides.But lets face it,it would be a sad day if either club went to the wall,because when both Saints and Pompey play each other,theres not another derby game that comes even close.

Thats just grunt's bravado. I redckon only a minority and a small one at that actually want you guys to go out of business. Months of torture, embarrassment, worry and eventually restored to reasonable health in Lg1 - thats a different matter.

I'm starting to get the feeling you have fallen out of love with us PES.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})