Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Thats just grunt's bravado. I redckon only a minority and a small one at that actually want you guys to go out of business. Months of torture, embarrassment, worry and eventually restored to reasonable health in Lg1 - thats a different matter.

Some say that the majority of saints fan's want pompey to go out of business.

Others say the majority want them to survive but to suffer for their excesses.

Obviously there is only one way to decide...

HarryHill_fight-1.jpg

or failing that may be a poll?

ESB, I have not encountered much pity displayed on this site, I'd say the general concensus is most fans wish the end, die, death, go pop, destruction of PFC. I'd say the hatred displayed towards my club from your side of the line is easily equal, if not greater. Once i'd of agreed with your post mate, but now i'm not so sure?

Those attitudes aren't born of hatred, they're born of a desire to see justice done. PFC as an entity is: at best, a cheat; at worst, criminal.

PES I like many others will Not be surprised IF you win and quite frankly it won't hurt a bit, unlike

the drubbing at Fratton the last time :( Watching that I went to bed at half time, well it was about

3.00 a.m. here and I had to work the next day.

Was there with my son, every rendition of that song was like being whacked by Mike Tyson. Some left, but it wasn't an option, nipper was 12 but we had to stay and take it.

Regardless of the score, tomorrow is payback.

Those attitudes aren't born of hatred, they're born of a desire to see justice done. PFC as an entity is: at best, a cheat; at worst, criminal.

LOL, Justice? Whatchoonabout benji? Dont get all judicial on us. We're all just football fans, not bleeding lawyers! :D

Look at Bournemouth then look at PFC and ask yourself which one deserves to be punished more. Then look at the complete lack of contrition from PFC and that is why people would enjoy it with a smile if you went bust.

Going into admin, the dodgy owners past and present losing a shed load of money and getting relegated I reckon most would be happy about. Few would want the club to disappear or be in a league so far below Saints we dont have a derby for years.

PES you would be surprised how friendly we can be.I know of a Pompey fan who attended a Saints game recently and although we all knew who he supported,he was made welcome(with a bit of banter of course)!But if one of us went to Fratton and was known to be a Saints fan,do you think we would be ok?

Sadly, probably not Rock. :(

See PES, it's like this. Any team going into admin is a great shame, and having been right to the knuckle, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But you lot, you are on your second life, and you still think it's right and proper, to spend well beyond your means, and as fans you have encouraged this.

Now we had a poll on here as to what we'd like to happen to you. I voted for you to still exsist, but be punished. Since then however, I have spent quite a few hours, monitoring your message boards, to see your fans reactions to your woes. To a man, you are arrogant, you think you are the best fans in the world, you think the PL should be blamed for the mess you are in.

At no point have I seen any sign of remorse from your fans. I have a mate who supports your lot. He still believes that PS is the best thing since sliced bread, and that you're all being hard done by. You thought it funny when we nearly went to the wall, and now you expect sympathy from the red half of the County.

You are as a person, well recieved on here, as a set of fans you bring shame to the game of football....miss you, not me, not by a long shot.

I have been reading and enjoying this thread with great amusement and enjoyment for many months with out feeling the need to contribute but have finally decided to voice my own opinions on the matter.

I am willing to accept that I know nothing more than has been reported in the media, but after following the goings on at PFC for the last few years it almost makes me embaressed to be a football fan. The dodgy dealings, changes in ownership, lying and misleading of everyone is very disturbing. I would love for my own fears to be definatly proved wrong but I cant see any further than the whole affair being a money laundering exercise by the Gaydamak family.

PFC have been spending massivly above their means for many seasons, chasing a dream that they could not afford. Of course the fans lapped it up, who wouldn't. As football fans all we want is to see our team do well. However, morals and ethics have to come in to it somewhere and I have seen nothing from looking on every PFC message board that I can find that even begins to suggest that a significant number of PFC fans have the slightest idea, or for that matter care what has been going on at their club.

In my opinion they have been cheating. By hiring players that they can not afford and offering wages that the clubs infrastructure could never support they have given themselves an unfair advantage over other clubs that have tried to live within their means.

I know that we as a club may be looked at by other clubs unfavorably due to going into administration and then being one of the higest spending clubs outside of the prem in the next season, but the situations where very different. I don't think anyone could ever accuse us of cheating. To my knowledge ( and I am very happy to be corrected) our only debts were to Barcleys and Norwich Union. We did not shaft numerous small businesses or the taxman, we just got behind on sheduled repayments. Even after we entered admin, through whatever means, our staff and players got paid.

During that time I felt that I would never wish admin or potential oblivion on any club, even PFC, as it hurt so much thinking that I would no longer have a club to support. The last month however has changed my opinions dramatically. I do kind of feel for the season ticket holders of PFC. They are just like us but had the misfortune of being born in the wrong part of Hampshire (;)), however, the club itself deserves no sympathy.

It must have been clear to all those in charge back in Nov. at least that they where financially unviable and the desicion to put them into admin should have been taken then. Instead then have continued, eventually paying wages through loans, completely ignoring all other payments other then the staff. I don't understand why the fraud squad hasn't already been involved as they must be trading insolvently. I hope that this is proved next week. Whilst continuing the to prentend that they are a sovent business they ahve continued to rack up debt that they cannot pay in a way that almost suggests that they dont care.

I feel they are the epimome of everything that is wrong with English football. Spend spend spend, worry about where it come from later. This attidude has to stop. If PFC end up getting away with what they have done then I feel it will be a very sad day for English football. Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that someone on Talkport suggeste that all prem fans should have a whip around to hel PFC. This makes me feel a little bit sick to be honest. Football fans should not be feeling sorry for them (the clubs I mean, not the fans) but should be angry. They have been using a business model that would not survive outside of football ever and should not be allowed inside our game. By spending more than they can pay and using HMRC as an overdraft they have cheated the entire nation, not just the league and if they are let off or helped then the Pl is basically saying how they acted it acceptable.

If they manage to worm their way out of this I honestly think that my love of football will take a huge hit. It's not right, fair or moral that a club should be allowed to act as PFC have done and I don't know how I would feel about supporting a team that played in a league that displayed such low moral standards.

When this whole affair started I enjoyed the laughs. Now it seems to be exposing something so much more rotten then I ever imagined. I now wish for PFC to wiped from the map, if only to set an example to all other football clubs. Our national game, something that brings so much happiness and means so much to so many people deserves so much more

I apologise for the lack of stucture, bad spelling and grammer. I've had a few drinks and needed to get this off my chest

IF pompey are proved to be insolvent will any action be taken by the top legal people (The Lord Chancellor ? )

against that judge woman who allowed them to continue longer than they should ? She even agreed at the time

that they looked dodgy and some poster on here said companies in as bad a situation have been wound up at

once not given even more time to get into the mire.

ESB, I have not encountered much pity displayed on this site, I'd say the general concensus is most fans wish the end, die, death, go pop, destruction of PFC. I'd say the hatred displayed towards my club from your side of the line is easily equal, if not greater. Once i'd of agreed with your post mate, but now i'm not so sure?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250700/Saints-winners-Why-old-rivals-Southampton-Portsmouth-bitter-enemies.html

The point you miss PES is that the demise is fun, the element of "We all saw this coming". If you like it is payback, or more accurately it is just a wonderful opportunity to spend 6 months saying "I told you so".

For me, the enjoyment stems from being lucky enough to have seen the alarm bells the minute SBT walked in the door, when you take a step back and look on with perspective, it isn't very often you see something and get to spend months laughing your head off about it.

As the excellent Mail article says, it is a part of the historical pendulum, one rises as one falls.

We went bust because of a lack of ambition, a desire to live within our means. We got the pain without the glory.

You guys just went bust because of financial insanity.

While we wouldn't reach 14,000 posts, many of us on here would revel in the pain of Liverpool or Man Utd when they go through their inevitable financial woes. The reason it won't reach so many posts is because their management haven't been so stupid.

I recall a lovely line about my ex CEO when I worked for Corporate America, which fits your mess so well.

Peter Storrie - Probably the worst CEO in footballing history

As for today, all I hope for is that our team turn up for the game. I have never seen anything on television as awful as the look in Lundekvam's eyes when he stood in the tunnel before the last game, and for me, that is why I cannot accept him as a full Saints legend on the same level as a Channnon MLT or Stokes. If I was AP I'd have been showing that clip of that look all week to drive home the message of what we expect today.

But BOY would I love to see that look again today. In the eyes of your lot.

Haven't things gone beyond an £11m handout? Thye have been asked to produce a Statement of Affairs to prove they are not trading whilst insolvent. The £11m may pay the Taxman, but it won't prove they're solvent.

And then they still have to pay their running costs for the next 6 months, including YET ANOTHER player signed yesterday - if anything's a disgrace, that is. How the EPL can allow them to continue to sign players whilst they're in this position in the courts is, frankly, beyond belief and immoral.

I have been reading and enjoying this thread with great amusement and enjoyment for many months with out feeling the need to contribute but have finally decided to voice my own opinions on the matter.

I am willing to accept that I know nothing more than has been reported in the media, but after following the goings on at PFC for the last few years it almost makes me embaressed to be a football fan. The dodgy dealings, changes in ownership, lying and misleading of everyone is very disturbing. I would love for my own fears to be definatly proved wrong but I cant see any further than the whole affair being a money laundering exercise by the Gaydamak family.

PFC have been spending massivly above their means for many seasons, chasing a dream that they could not afford. Of course the fans lapped it up, who wouldn't. As football fans all we want is to see our team do well. However, morals and ethics have to come in to it somewhere and I have seen nothing from looking on every PFC message board that I can find that even begins to suggest that a significant number of PFC fans have the slightest idea, or for that matter care what has been going on at their club.

In my opinion they have been cheating. By hiring players that they can not afford and offering wages that the clubs infrastructure could never support they have given themselves an unfair advantage over other clubs that have tried to live within their means.

I know that we as a club may be looked at by other clubs unfavorably due to going into administration and then being one of the higest spending clubs outside of the prem in the next season, but the situations where very different. I don't think anyone could ever accuse us of cheating. To my knowledge ( and I am very happy to be corrected) our only debts were to Barcleys and Norwich Union. We did not shaft numerous small businesses or the taxman, we just got behind on sheduled repayments. Even after we entered admin, through whatever means, our staff and players got paid.

During that time I felt that I would never wish admin or potential oblivion on any club, even PFC, as it hurt so much thinking that I would no longer have a club to support. The last month however has changed my opinions dramatically. I do kind of feel for the season ticket holders of PFC. They are just like us but had the misfortune of being born in the wrong part of Hampshire (;)), however, the club itself deserves no sympathy.

It must have been clear to all those in charge back in Nov. at least that they where financially unviable and the desicion to put them into admin should have been taken then. Instead then have continued, eventually paying wages through loans, completely ignoring all other payments other then the staff. I don't understand why the fraud squad hasn't already been involved as they must be trading insolvently. I hope that this is proved next week. Whilst continuing the to prentend that they are a sovent business they ahve continued to rack up debt that they cannot pay in a way that almost suggests that they dont care.

I feel they are the epimome of everything that is wrong with English football. Spend spend spend, worry about where it come from later. This attidude has to stop. If PFC end up getting away with what they have done then I feel it will be a very sad day for English football. Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that someone on Talkport suggeste that all prem fans should have a whip around to hel PFC. This makes me feel a little bit sick to be honest. Football fans should not be feeling sorry for them (the clubs I mean, not the fans) but should be angry. They have been using a business model that would not survive outside of football ever and should not be allowed inside our game. By spending more than they can pay and using HMRC as an overdraft they have cheated the entire nation, not just the league and if they are let off or helped then the Pl is basically saying how they acted it acceptable.

If they manage to worm their way out of this I honestly think that my love of football will take a huge hit. It's not right, fair or moral that a club should be allowed to act as PFC have done and I don't know how I would feel about supporting a team that played in a league that displayed such low moral standards.

When this whole affair started I enjoyed the laughs. Now it seems to be exposing something so much more rotten then I ever imagined. I now wish for PFC to wiped from the map, if only to set an example to all other football clubs. Our national game, something that brings so much happiness and means so much to so many people deserves so much more

I apologise for the lack of stucture, bad spelling and grammer. I've had a few drinks and needed to get this off my chest

Wonderful article exceptionally articulate and encapsulates my feelings and thoughts entirely. I am sure most on this board will agree with your analysis

I also think that the EPL also have a lot to answer for creating the environment for this crooked greed that is epitomised by the criminals that are running PCFC.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/tottenham/7216104/Harry-Redknapp-may-not-leave-Tottenham-laughing-if-past-record-is-anything-to-go-by.html

:-) :-)

Interesting to note a distinct shift in the tide of sentiment today in the media. Perhaps they finally managed to wade through all 268 pages of this thread and have seen the light!

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2010/02/ahead-of-thegame-high-wages-hindered-portsmouth-sales.html

Simon Reeves asked: Why on earth did Portsmouth not do more to sell its first-team players in January? A quick bit of arithmetic suggests at least £15 million could have been raised, relieving the club of its highest earners and ensuring we could see out the season.

Nick Szczepanik responded: "I understand that the club were indeed desperate to unload their highest earners - in particular John Utaka, David Nugent and David James.

"In the end, however, there were no bids that made any commercial sense for them, and Younes Kaboul and Asmir Begovic were the only players who could command decent fees.

"Even if they had been willing to let players go for nothing, the problem with most of the Portsmouth players is their ridiculously high wages.

"The players would refuse to take a pay cut to move, so Portsmouth would have had to agree to continue to pay a large percentage of their wages - as Leeds did when they sold Robbie Fowler to Manchester City. They are still paying a large chunk of Nugent's wages while he is on loan at Burnley.

"So Portsmouth had almost priced their own players out of the resale market by giving them such generous contracts in the first place."

put down hot drinks and move away from heavy machinery......

The News reports this morning that the clown prince himself 'Dr' Al Fahim is back and leading the chase to buy the club.

He has plans to pay off debt in a year (meaning he still has nothing) and he claims to have agreed a £18M payoff to the child-maimer.

Well it can't be as funny as his first comedy tour but maybe he has new material?

put down hot drinks and move away from heavy machinery......

The News reports this morning that the clown prince himself 'Dr' Al Fahim is back and leading the chase to buy the club.

He has plans to pay off debt in a year (meaning he still has nothing) and he claims to have agreed a £18M payoff to the child-maimer.

Well it can't be as funny as his first comedy tour but maybe he has new material?

Comical Ali strikes again!

I do hope you get saved, but can't see it ahead of at least Administration. Whoever buys you at present would assume debts of

£12m HMRC

£18m Gheydamack if reports that he'll settle for that are true

£25m of football debts admitted by Storyteller

£17m Chainrai

£20m running costs to the next substantial slug of income

That £92m of debts or funding required to buy what is likely to be a Championship club, at best.

On top of that if the cases against Twitchy, Story-Teller and Mad Milan are proved, there is also the possibility of FA sanctions, meaning points deduction or demotion if past cases are a guide.

If some one does buy you for a £1, probably it does depend upon the other PL clubs agreeing to an advance payment to you to keep you alive, and the other creditors agreeing to wait until the end of season to sell players - if you can. The problem is, the parachute money is needed to keep you afloat in the Championship.

If the HMRC is placated, does that mean the Staement of Affairs does not need to be presented? The accusation of trading whilst insolvent still stands, does it not?

If there is a reprieve, I fear it may be a fleeting one.

I don't or didn't wish to see Portsmouth go bust.. I admit it's good to see them suffer and would like that to continue a little longer.. But their transfer activity recently is criminal... They are waving 2 fingers at the courts, the premier league, league clubs everywhere and even struggling businesses.. So my feelings are changng.. They have not learned and will not learn their lesson.. They need to be closed and directors held to account, and the sooner the better..

Today is the start let's hope the 11 saints on the pitch can start by showing up their over paid mercenaries! Shuttle them back to Portsmouth and watch them implode from a safe distance.

Come on you saints!!!!!!!!!

I think what we really hate is the way you have blatantly bought/borrowed success (& I for one hopes that Markus does it the right way here) & then crowed about it so much. Anyone could have achieved what you managed with a team fulll of players on Champions League wages (& perhaps you should have achieved more). All I really want is the natural order restored. I can't deny I'm not enjoying the ride at the moment, but your destruction is not the end result many want, just seeing you back where your ground & dismal fanbase should be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A63204121

From 606 :rolleyes: (What planet are they on?)

posted 13 Hours Ago

turkey - apt name! you have your feathers all ruffeld and wrong........ from a legal stand point, you have to be legally declared insolvent! which we have not. The frase used by the court spokeswoman was in effect wrong, ad i have been lead to beleive she has been warned of any future commments. PFC is trading in debt, a high percentge of football clubs are doing the same! Just because a business is in debt, does not mean you are insolvent.

Insolvency is only granted by a court, when a company or person is no longer able to meet its liabilities, PFC has many liabilities, but they are being met. HMRC have decided that through a breakdown in comms and ability to "agree" with PFC the amount of tax owed, it was easier to let a judge decide.

And to add to your last comment, we will NOT be wound up!..........jeeeez, how many more times?

I guess you will also be one of many who jump for joy when news breaks about a take over? Shame you cant find the same support now!

PUP

If rumour is to be believed...the two bids on the table, are.......wait for it....the same two Arabs that have played with the club over the past six months. Comical Ali is one, and Al Mirage (and his brother) are the other. This rumour has some legs. Laugh, I nearly ****ed myself;)

Question about the 'statement of affairs' Pompey are forced to present:

What happens if the SOA shows Pompey are insolvent but the jammy gits get taken over by a rich person AFTER next Wednesday but before the hearing on March 1st?

In other words, would the judge wind up the club based on the fact that they clearly were trading while insolvent or allow them to survive based on what happened between that time and the court hearing?

we all know we are going down and surely any potential new owner will so any new owner that buys will know what he has got to do

Good. As long as you know :D

In all seriousness, it must be a bit dissapointing that your best player is only on loan? I think we would have won with O'Hara not playing.

not at all - he even asked to come back after we had to let him go back to spurs. Has the good of the club at heart it seems

Lol....and this is exactly why you are where you are, you live in a blue fog my friend, read it again......arrogant, you boys invented the word!!!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})