Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Still frothing away in excitement I see girls. :D

Still, looking forward to tomorrow and your cup final. Should be fun to start a few chorus' of "when the saints go marching out" and "sha la la".

Our future may be decided in the courts next week but there might be a saviour out there. If everything goes to plan have a look in the Sunday Mirror - if you can bear to read the match report that is. :D

Still, looking forward to tomorrow and your cup final. Should be fun to start a few chorus' of "when the saints go marching out" and "sha la la".

Our future may be decided in the courts next week but there might be a saviour out there. If everything goes to plan have a look in the Sunday Mirror - if you can bear to read the match report that is. :D

What happened to those new owners you told us about?

You've never been wrong before about a buyer, what with your well placed insider who you see socially every two weeks or so, so I for one believe you.

Wahey! The only man on the east side of Hampshire that tells more lies than Peter Storrie.

Don't forget, Corpy, on the night you were 'packing' in 16,000 for Sunderland in a Premier League fixture (and possibly your last PL game), we had a full house at SMS for a Johnstone's Paint Trophy game. Pathetic support.

If you are trading insolvent then it does not matter if someone has expressed an interest. Administration it must be. Without the promise of a prospective buyer, Liquidation it must be.

What happened to those new owners you told us about?

I seem to remember that the last one's I said were interested were an arab and an irish group. Latest reports in the papers said the same thing. Whether it happens or not is another matter but the interest is/ was there

Wahey! The only man on the east side of Hampshire that tells more lies than Peter Storrie.

Don't forget, Corpy, on the night you were 'packing' in 16,000 for Sunderland in a Premier League fixture (and possibly your last PL game), we had a full house at SMS for a Johnstone's Paint Trophy game. Pathetic support.

Yawn. We had 31,000 when we were in the old Div 3 you funny little Johnny Depp wannabe. It's no wonder crowds are down given the **** that's been thrown at our fans over thre last couple of years. Now be quiet or I'll tell everyone what you once told me in a PM that your dad said about our fans in relation to yours when you were watching us on SKY ;)

Ho

You are quite right to be confident as Saints fans generally were when Pompey were lower down the pecking order which has generally been the case in the past 40 years

However there was always a niggling doubt that an upset could be caused.

A lower ranked team wining against the odds is always going to cause more satisfaction to the winner/dismay to the loser.

Nobody will really be surprised if Pompey do prevail tomorrow but your sense of hurt will be manifiedif you lose!!

btw I recollect that Piers Morgan was once a stalwart at the Mirror. Didn't he big up one of your recent owners?

Oh, Corp you tease, possible good news on the horizon? It wouldn't be before time. Seriously though, I can't see anything but a Pompey win and a wake up call to some on here as to how far they have to go to equal the worst team in the Prem. I can't wait for tomorrow! :D Sha la la

Ho

You are quite right to be confident as Saints fans generally were when Pompey were lower down the pecking order which has generally been the case in the past 40 years

However there was always a niggling doubt that an upset could be caused.

A lower ranked team wining against the odds is always going to cause more satisfaction to the winner/dismay to the loser.

Nobody will really be surprised if Pompey do prevail tomorrow but your sense of hurt will be magnified if you lose!!

btw I recollect that Piers Morgan was once a stalwart at the Mirror. Didn't he big up one of your recent owners?

With correct spelling

Oh, Corp you tease, possible good news on the horizon? It wouldn't be before time. Seriously though, I can't see anything but a Pompey win and a wake up call to some on here as to how far they have to go to equal the worst team in the Prem. I can't wait for tomorrow! :D Sha la la

You what? The majority of us expect you to win but hope for an upset.

As for the Sha la la thing, if you hadn't noticed it's a cup game and it's you lot going down, if you survive that long.

You what? The majority of us expect you to win but hope for an upset.

As for the Sha la la thing, if you hadn't noticed it's a cup game and it's you lot going down, if you survive that long.

Forgive me for getting excited at the prospect of tomorrow VFTT. Surely thats what Derby matches are all about? Most of you on here don't want anymore Derby matches so I don't want to see any excitement or willing Pompey's name out the hat in future. I've taken names of all posters who wish Pompey's total demise and have banned you from any future displays of excitement regarding future Pompey v Saints fixtures, cup or otherwise. As far as i'm concerned your new rivals are Bournemouth. :)

Forgive me for getting excited at the prospect of tomorrow VFTT. Surely thats what Derby matches are all about? Most of you on here don't want anymore Derby matches so I don't want to see any excitement or willing Pompey's name out the hat in future. I've taken names of all posters who wish Pompey's total demise and have banned you from any future displays of excitement regarding future Pompey v Saints fixtures, cup or otherwise. As far as i'm concerned your new rivals will be Bompey. :)

Corrected.

Did I hear the 17.30 news on Wave FM correctly?

That the court date, after the Vantis thing, for the Blue Phew is actually March 1st?

Looks like they've bought themselves almost an extra week somehow!

If they get wound up and the news is announced early the next day it would be a terrific birthday present :cool:

Did I hear the 17.30 news on Wave FM correctly?

That the court date, after the Vantis thing, for the Blue Phew is actually March 1st?

Looks like they've bought themselves almost an extra week somehow!

They have no longer than they had yesterday, the Vantis paperwork has to be in the court's hands next Wednesday. This is solely because there wasn't an earlier slot in the court calendar. It also gives HMRC longer to dissect Vantis's report :D

Forgive me for getting excited at the prospect of tomorrow VFTT. Surely thats what Derby matches are all about? Most of you on here don't want anymore Derby matches so I don't want to see any excitement or willing Pompey's name out the hat in future. I've taken names of all posters who wish Pompey's total demise and have banned you from any future displays of excitement regarding future Pompey v Saints fixtures, cup or otherwise. As far as i'm concerned your new rivals are Bournemouth. :)

Whilst I'm looking forward to it I'm actually looking forward to taking my nipper to Wembley more.

I view tomorrow as an unexpected bonus.

We can still have 'derby' matches when you're in the BSq, it just means you have about 6 qualifying rounds of the FAC before you get to the stage we will be joining. :p

Imagine how bad you'd be if you actually had a team that you could afford.

They have no longer than they had yesterday, the Vantis paperwork has to be in the court's hands next Wednesday. This is solely because there wasn't an earlier slot in the court calendar. It also gives HMRC longer to dissect Vantis's report :D

But the intervening time between the 22nd Feb and the 1st March, when the winding up could take place, could be utilised in getting some daft zillionaire to invest! You just know there are some out there who are just gagging to get their hands on the club with the best fans in the world.

Whilst I'm looking forward to it I'm actually looking forward to taking my nipper to Wembley more.

I view tomorrow as an unexpected bonus.

No bonus i'm afraid, however, I've been to Wembley 5 times now, 3 times with Pompey and twice for the American Football. Hope you and your son have a great day out. ;)

SOooo

By weds the team doing the statement of affairs have to have concluded their report and given it to the judge. The judge then has 2 days to look at it and come up with a decision if the company has been trading insolvent and thus ilegally, correct?

So as far as i understand it the court case is only needed if they survive that decision. Meaning they still have 9 days to proove they can trade legally and by their own means.

So if Storrie says it will take 14 days to complete the takeover then the finances on weds will look the same as now.

Which means if the judge thinks they are insolvent on friday she can appoint an admin team then, right?

St Marco..I got it wrong..Storrie reckons they will have new owners early next week

Ok so that would still mean it needs to be completed before weds and some of the money paid. Or the report will have to report what the finances are right now without a potential owner. Because you can't run a company or produce a financial report based on what might happen. Which to me sounds like they had been!

Ok so that would still mean it needs to be completed before weds and some of the money paid. Or the report will have to report what the finances are right now without a potential owner. Because you can't run a company or produce a financial report based on what might happen. Which to me sounds like they had been!

And what they have been over the last several months.

imagine the PREM pays them the parachute payments and a new owner will structure the debt and guarantee it...they may survive

either way, they will get relegated and it all starts again

Some people have no class. :roll:

St Marco..I got it wrong..Storrie reckons they will have new owners early next week

wow that means they are saved... storrie has never lied or twisted the truth has he:D

On another note I do hope storrie is at saint marys tomorrow, its my sons 6th birthday.. and I promised him I would take him to see saints.. also promised him I would take him to see a clown one day.... could acheive both tomorrow!

Derby games are good but losing them will be a small price to pay for the feeling of joy we will get watching your fans cry whilst your crappy club is being bulldozed.

I'm not expecting Saints to win tomorrow, any result we get will be a bonus.

Wow! All this good news on the eve of the local derby they're sh*t-scared of losing...

I can honestly say, I'm not at all scared of losing, I know for a fact that our players are totally motivated, better than yours and the bookies favourites to win. I have yet to speak to another Pompey fan who has any fear regarding the result tomorrow. Arrogant? maybe, but we will win the battle, even if ultimately we don't win the war.........

I can honestly say, I'm not at all scared of losing, I know for a fact that our players are totally motivated, better than yours and the bookies favourites to win. I have yet to speak to another Pompey fan who has any fear regarding the result tomorrow. Arrogant? maybe, but we will win the battle, even if ultimately we don't win the war.........

Just wanted to clear up how you are certain that your players are better motivated than ours.

Thats pretty bloody amazing inside knowledge if you ask me.

Do you know anything else interesting?

Derby games are good but losing them will be a small price to pay for the feeling of joy we will get watching your fans cry whilst your crappy club is being bulldozed.

I'm not expecting Saints to win tomorrow, any result we get will be a bonus.

Your names definately going in my 'banned' book. ;)

to be fair PES most on here think we will lose (heart says one thing, head another etc) me, im looking forward to the game, the atmosphere, derby games are what football is all about and with the added bonus of it being on tv show the rest of the 'em how it should be done ;-)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})