Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Didn't Mr Krabs say if it wasn't done by Thursday he was back off to Bikini Bottom?

mr-krabs-spongebob.jpg?d=600

I have given Squidward my proof of funds... it was my 30% commission back in the 80's on a load of deals on hotels that dont exist!

Under the sea

Under the sea

Darling it's better

Down where it's wetter

Take it from me

Up on the shore they work all day

Out in the sun they slave away

While we devotin'

Full time to floatin'

Under the sea

Come on Cala, seal the deal - somebody needs to turn the lights off later!

I think now would be as good a time as any for us all to thank Vladimir Antonov, a good friend of Southampton who really does deserve a very strong round of applause :toppa:

That is quality, It reminds me of those old hitler spoofs about storrie, if anyone has the know to make a remake of that, I'm sure this thread could offer a couple of good lines.

tbf it was the premiership which was surprisingly tolerant. Pompey may be about to find out how intolerant the FL can be.

You say that but they seem to be very quite regarding all things pompey. Perspective new owners dont even seem to be asking the questions about possible points penalty. I think when ML took us over there were at least conversations about what can be done about the points penalty. I think it had alreadty been decided by then which helps but it was a hot topic before the decission and anyone who showed interest were wise to consider it.

So why has JoCa bundled on without a thought of a points penalty? What about the ex singer whats his face? He rants on about wanting to come up with a rescue package but not once has he mentioned sanctions from the FL. Its almost as if all the people wanting to be involved automaticaly assume that the club wojnt get points due to the parent being in the shiiiite.

You say that but they seem to be very quite regarding all things pompey. Perspective new owners dont even seem to be asking the questions about possible points penalty. I think when ML took us over there were at least conversations about what can be done about the points penalty. I think it had alreadty been decided by then which helps but it was a hot topic before the decission and anyone who showed interest were wise to consider it.

So why has JoCa bundled on without a thought of a points penalty? What about the ex singer whats his face? He rants on about wanting to come up with a rescue package but not once has he mentioned sanctions from the FL. Its almost as if all the people wanting to be involved automaticaly assume that the club wojnt get points due to the parent being in the shiiiite.

Im not saying anything definitely will happen to them - I have no idea. Just saying its a different body with a different set of rules to last time. The outcome may also be very different.

Im not saying anything definitely will happen to them - I have no idea. Just saying its a different body with a different set of rules to last time. The outcome may also be very different.

I cant see how they can not get some kind of penalty to be honest and if Lord windbag was still there I am positive something would of been said by now. But they have stayed very quiet and its like they are hopeing someone else takes over before they have to make a decision. I think something should happen but I have a feeling the FL are hoping for the mess to be swept under a carpet somewhere.

It was all amusing but my favourite bit was "It would be his second club ownership in a year — he was in charge of Serie B club Salernitana for 11 days last year".

How long would he last at Pompey?

As the word is spreading I cannot believe JoCa is not a well played out hoax, the amusement this guy is creating.

I reckon someone is having a little sport at our rivals expense, unless JoCa is a fall guy for Chanrai, fueling the life support machine until the parachute payments fall into Chinny's lap.

For what it's worth found on The News Ethuhu thread:

"major raver

Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM Morning all, I always said I wouldn't give the names of the group interested in the club, but found out this morning that the deal crashed beyond repair on Tuesday. Getting a price for the club wasn't so much of a problem, but Fratton Park and land became a nightmare, group didn't want to be held to ransom further down the line. Person fronting was a guy called Fritz Scherer, who was doing so on behalf of the club he is a board member of. I was told that things don't look good now. PUP".

The guy is apparently something to do with Bayern Munich.

"major raver

Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM Morning all, I always said I wouldn't give the names of the group interested in the club, but found out this morning that the deal crashed beyond repair on Tuesday. Getting a price for the club wasn't so much of a problem, but Fratton Park and land became a nightmare, group didn't want to be held to ransom further down the line. Person fronting was a guy called Fritz Scherer, who was doing so on behalf of the club he is a board member of. I was told that things don't look good now. PUP".

Looks like it's all unravelling if rumours are to be believed!

major raver

Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

My backside isn't covered, as I'm sure one day when another club gets taken over, then it will all come out in the wash. I believe that Cala not only hasn't passed fit and proper, he hasn't even been put forward for it. I was told even Handy Andy knows he be back at the club in 2months if Cala took over. FL don't want any further bad press or embarrassment to them either.

Why on earth would a man who "has been senior vice-president of the FC Bayern Munich members’ club and a member of the Supervisory Board" and who for "many years he served on the DFB League Committee and other DFB and UEFA committees, and is currently a member of the DFB taxation and economy committee and the organisation's licensing body." want to get involved in Pompey?

:lol:

Missed this little nugget in that 'exclusive'...

“In the 1980s I was a broker between banks and developers in Hawaii and I operated on a fee of 30 per cent of equity on successful projects. I was involved in major hotel developments including the Grand Wailea and the Western Maui.”

Come on money men, really!, 30% brokering fees!!

Haha. Walter Mitty.

"major raver

Sounds very credible. No sensible group will want to invest if they dont control their own destiny. too many ransom strips of all kinds on Pompey now for anyone but Chinny and tyre kickers to be intyerested.

Why on earth would a man who "has been senior vice-president of the FC Bayern Munich members’ club and a member of the Supervisory Board" and who for "many years he served on the DFB League Committee and other DFB and UEFA committees, and is currently a member of the DFB taxation and economy committee and the organisation's licensing body." want to get involved in Pompey?

:lol:

I think he's retired and might well be on the lookout for a good club to run, He looked at Pompey and realised it wasnt a good club to run. Doesnt sound odd to me!

major raver

Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

My backside isn't covered, as I'm sure one day when another club gets taken over, then it will all come out in the wash. I believe that Cala not only hasn't passed fit and proper, he hasn't even been put forward for it. I was told even Handy Andy knows he be back at the club in 2months if Cala took over. FL don't want any further bad press or embarrassment to them either

So its a case of ...

Favim.com-34721_large.jpg

such a shame the comedy potential was off the chart

As Steve Wilson alluded to in his webchat the other day - "the Football League may not want to open this particular can of worms".

In other words give Pompey a points penalty and all sorts of wrongdoing may come out of the woodwork, not just for Pompey but for football in general - including the Football and Premier Leagues.

IMO this is why the football authorities have been so lenient.

I think they are probably, in all honesty, delaying apoints penatly until after the clubs been sold. They need this situation sorting and to do that the club needs to be sold. A points penalty will put buyers off, so they'll let the club get flogged on, sort out the issue and then hit them with a penalty.

I have another solution to this problem: Liquidate and bury the club! There's no need, rule or anything that demands Pompey's existence.... just kick the club out of the Leauge (as the Swiss did with Neuchatel) and let the club die.

Sounds very credible. No sensible group will want to invest if they dont control their own destiny. too many ransom strips of all kinds on Pompey now for anyone but Chinny and tyre kickers to be intyerested.

Sounds very credible? lol. So Bayern Munich, one of the biggest clubs in the world, were interested in buying Pompey. That's about as credible as Joseph Cala.

On aside, it's nice to see that there are some optimistic skates out there - some on fansonline are discussing the possibility of a new stadium

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=400280

Edited by anothersaintinsouthsea

Ah, yesterday The News, today The Torygraph.

Word is spreading beyond this thread !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...outh-deal.html

I'm getting.....

Sorry

We cannot find the page you are looking for.

• The page may have been moved, updated or deleted.
  • Or you may have typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling.

Fair enough.From the website I read I knew he was 71 and seemed much less involved in the club than previously.

If he had gone ahead, would the Skates have accused him of being a Nazi Tank Driver as well I wonder?

Nah, they would have lapped it up wouldn't they? Shallow ****s.

Mind you, knowing how thick some of them are, I bet they'd think it was this lot taking them over...

attachment.php?attachmentid=846&d=1326974305

Edited by Channon's Sideburns

"major raver

guy_back_to_square_1_hg_wht.gif

I'm getting.....

Sorry

• Or you may have typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/9021385/Joseph-Cala-the-Man-from-Atlantis-confident-of-Portsmouth-deal.html

I'm getting.....

Sorry

So am I now, maybe they've pulled it, it appeared as a p*ss take !

Quick(ish) question....

If 'Portsmouth FC 2010' was to go into administration, who would it's main creditors be?

Chainrai is obviously CSI's main creditor but who are Pompey's?

Just thinking that, as I understand it, there are three ways of going into administration.....the company puts itself into admin or one of it's main creditors calls in the administrator (as Chainrai did re: CSI) or the company's bank calls in the administrator.

Given CSI and Portsmouth FC 2010 are separate economic entities I assume they have a different set of creditors...

What I really don't get is that all the information about who owns the ground and land etc is out there ( on here) in the public domain - how can any serious investor suddenly come accross this as an unexpected 'stumbling block'

(Maybe) Because they start with the expectation that the various 3rd parties are prepared to do a deal (I think they have all publicly stated that they never wanted to own the various bits of land that they do) only to be either told to jog on or quoted a huge price.

Why would Gaydamak do a deal on the cheap to a potential purchaser of the club when Tesco are alegedly waiting in the wings?

Cala, who claims to have played for Inter Milan’s academy side before his family left Italy for the US, warned that he still has reservations about the Portsmouth deal, principally the wages paid to leading players. He said he would undertake massive cost-cutting exercise if he takes control, and will live and work full-time in Portsmouth as chief executive and president.

Stick him in Leigh Park and he will soon be off

Quick(ish) question....

If 'Portsmouth FC 2010' was to go into administration, who would it's main creditors be?

Chainrai is obviously CSI's main creditor but who are Pompey's?

Just thinking that, as I understand it, there are three ways of going into administration.....the company puts itself into admin or one of it's main creditors calls in the administrator (as Chainrai did re: CSI) or the company's bank calls in the administrator.

Given CSI and Portsmouth FC 2010 are separate economic entities I assume they have a different set of creditors...

At a guess:

A big one will be the liquidator of the old company (pre the last administration) for the purchase price of the club (equivalent to the CVA payments)

Players (wages)

HMRC

All the businesses which have dealt with the club since the last administration and not yet been paid.

Probably not any banks as I expect none are prepared to lend them any money.

Chinny (I have not followed everything closely enough to understand who owes Chinny what but no doubt he'll crop up in there somewhere).

What are the odds on a new (aditional) CVA diluting all creditors to 20p in the £? If the liquidator of the old company doesn't have any security (I have no idea if this is the case or not - just speculating), the amount paid to the liquidatior would be reduced by 80% leaving the original creditors £20p in the £ reduced again down to 4p in the £.

Less costs.

At a guess:

A big one will be the liquidator of the old company (pre the last administration) for the purchase price of the club (equivalent to the CVA payments)

Players (wages)

HMRC

All the businesses which have dealt with the club since the last administration and not yet been paid.

Chinny (I have not followed everything closely enough to understand who owes Chinny what but no doubt he'll crop up in there somewhere).

What are the odds on a new (aditional) CVA diluting all creditors to 20p in the £? If the liquidator of the old company doesn't have any security (I have no idea if this is the case or not - just speculating), the amount paid to the liquidatior would be reduced by 80% leaving the original creditors £20p in the £ reduced again down to 4p in the £.

Less costs.

Should the 10 million loaned from CSI be added that list? As they owe money to more than just chinny

At a guess:

Players (wages)

HMRC

Less costs.

And...IF PFC2010 was to go into administration, could AA do both CSI and PFC2010 at the same time (legally and/or technically)?

Just thinking ahead to the next installment....!

And...IF PFC2010 was to go into administration, could AA do both CSI and PFC2010 at the same time (legally and/or technically)?

Just thinking ahead to the next installment....!

Provided he is comfortable that he doesn't have a conflict of interest then yes.

Edited by Clapham Saint

On aside, it's nice to see that there are some optimistic skates out there - some on fansonline are discussing the possibility of a new stadium

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=400280

Portsea Island? Surely it's really called Fantasty Island?

This was another laugh-a-minute read http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=397553 ...although the better ones were provided by ours...

The Petersfield-Bell-Ringing-Bumpkins

The The Portsdown-Hillbilly-Brother-Botherers

The Cowplain-Carrot-Crunching-Cattle-Cuddlers

The Southsea-Sister/Motherfookers

The Incestuous-Pikey-Portsea-Island-Dwellers

The Landport-Lucky-Heather-Halfwits

The Buckland-Bucked-Tooth-Burberry-Bumpkins

The 657-Turktown-Trainspotters

The Bedhampton-Bed-Wetting-Banjo-Playing-Barn-Dancers

The Moneyfields-Morris-Dancing-Mental-Mob

The Southsea-Common-Six-Fingered-Sister-Snoggers

The Copnor-Covent-Garden-Gallopers

The North-End-Nonces

The Paulsgrove-Paedos

The Webbed-Foot-Wymering-Waif-Worriers

The Fratton's-Finest-Favours-For-Sailors-Service-Crew

The Cosham-Crosseyed-Caravan-Crew

The Dangerous-Drayton-Diddycoy-Dinlos

The Deadly-Denmead-Dingles-Division

Agitated-Amputee-Alby of the infamous Alverstoke-Hop-Along-Angry-Brigade

The Tipnor-Tax-Dodging-Toothless-Tarmaccing-Tinkers

The Tiddly-Widley-and-Waterlooville-Window-Licking-Worzels

The Hayling-Island-Inbred-Eejits-Infantry

The Cocky-Clanfield-Crack-Cacker-Core

The Gunky-Wharf-Gurnard-Groping-Groovy-Gang

As Chinny holds charges on both CSI and PFC2010 then surely it's his next logical step.

Is that different (separate pools of) money on each or the same money charged twice to both?

(the more alert of you have probably deduced that I've completely lost the plot as to who owns and owes what!)

Edited by trousers

I had a cold call from that number yesterday trying to sell me something. No idea what it was.

You as well? The goods I was offered were more or less soiled and smelling of rotten fish. I turned him down, let's face it I just said, 'Look Geezer, I don't get involved in lost causes or anything that smells more than fishy. For that reason, I'm OUT'.