Where will we finish this season  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish this season

• Promotion
    • Top Half
    • Mid Table
    • Bottom Half
    • Relegation

The question of where we will finish the season can only be answered when we get some evidence of how fast the management team and many of the youngsters can adapt to the reality of competitive CCC football . Both coaches and young players are facing a pretty steep 'learning curve' to be honest , if we adapt quickly we may well survive in the bottom half of the table - if we take until Xmas to get our act together then we're relegated .

Those on here predicting we'll finish anywhere near the playoff positions are being far too optimistic IMO , but there again I might be completely wrong - I hope I am .

I think we will avoid relegation, but this time by one week.

For all the rabid optimists, we have played two teams in pre-season that are up there with where we should be and conceded 5 goals. We would have had one point.

I am excited by the young blood and applaud the approach but we still have the clown in goal and will therefore let plenty of goals in. At the other end, I'm not convinced we have the necessary 20 a season man. Sorry, but watch it happen.

I have changed my vote from previous similar polls:

Where I previously fully expected relegation I have now voted for the bottom half of the table.

I have been sufficiently encouraged by the match reports I've read on here to "upgrade' my expectations in this way. Of course, as I also have previously stated, with the proposed system and management I would consider "not being relegated" sufficient success, and in case we do indeed stay up (using the same system and management team for the season) I will (also as promised) publicly concede that Ru**rt did much better than I ever expected. I would love for that to happen.

I voted mid-table. Either the Dutch Duo have what it takes, or they'll be gone by Xmas and an old hand brought in to recover the situation.

Only mid-table because we dont have the players to get higher. I am sure the youngsters will give good account of themselves, but they simply aint equipped for the rough-and-tumble required for this level.

We will get off to our usual slow start but once things settle down we will rise to within touching distance of the play-off places. Injuries to central defenders in November will see us struggle over Christmas and drop back to mid table.

Rupert will then introduce more forward-thinking proposals to turn Saints into the most progressive football club in Europe resulting in total confusion amongst playing and coaching staff. Poortvliet brings back the old hands to try and steady the ship without success. Brings in some loan players. Absolute and total confusion.

The fragile alliance of Wilde and Lowe comes to a head and they squabble in public.

Saints drop to last place in the last week in April but the Saints Forum/Web - which by now has 15,000 paid-up members - rallies the missing 15,000 missing fans to getting to SMS. The team responds.

23rd.

I voted mid-table. Either the Dutch Duo have what it takes, or they'll be gone by Xmas and an old hand brought in to recover the situation.

Only mid-table because we dont have the players to get higher. I am sure the youngsters will give good account of themselves, but they simply aint equipped for the rough-and-tumble required for this level.

I agree.

ok, here's the scoop!!

went to Cardiff Sat. and was well impressed - We got in their faces and would've probably come away with a win with a more experienced/bigger striker up front!!

went to BetFred today and punted a score on Us to make the top 6!!!!

So that's it then!! Top 6 it is!!

Relegated before Easter and humiliated from first to last.

This club is a laughing stock and some of the totally over the top predictions of success are nothing more than comical. Get real for God's sake. Any youngsters who show any potential will be shipped out on the orders of the bank, and I see nowt but struggle and civil war. A 91st minute defeat hurts but to be fair Kelvin kept us in it long after we should (and will) be dead and buried.

Sorry to say this but realistically there is only one way we are headed- DOWN!!

This club is a laughing stock and some of the totally over the top predictions of success are nothing more than comical.!

And your 'prediction' is the most fantastical of the lot. You should be ashamed.

This club is a laughing stock and some of the totally over the top predictions of success are nothing more than comical. Get real for God's sake. Any youngsters who show any potential will be shipped out on the orders of the bank, and I see nowt but struggle and civil war. A 91st minute defeat hurts but to be fair Kelvin kept us in it long after we should (and will) be dead and buried.

Agreed. I can understand fans getting behind the team on matchdays, but some of the posters on here give Mohammed Saïd al-Sahaf a run for his money.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s27Oq5ot0ZI

We shall see, Mr. Misery, we shall see!

I've gone for mid-table (which will be much better than last year). It's hard to predict after only one game (which I didn't see). But I can't bear to go into a new season believing we'll be relegated. And, no matter what our reduced circumstances are, I cannot believe that there aren't 6 or 7 worse teams in the Championship.

I'm feeling quite optimistic. Went for top half. Am hoping for playoffs. Despite being optimistic I really can't see automatic happening but would be great to have a good season and exciting playoffs, followed by promotion :D

Optimistically, I chose promotion, because I even hoped for that with HR and GB although I was suitably disillusioned in a short time. Hopefully, the players will realise that we have high hopes and expectations this year!!

"we" don't

And, no matter what our reduced circumstances are, I cannot believe that there aren't 6 or 7 worse teams in the Championship.

I'm struggling to think of them. I think we'll be somewhere between 3rd and 7th from bottom. I can't see us keeping many clean sheets, mainly because of our chronic inability to defend set-pieces.

Mr Misery here again. Just what on earth is this optimism based on?

We are quite frankly a laughing stock on and off the field and yet the majority on here seem to think we'll be in with a chance of the play offs.

We are, sad to say, down and out and headed for div 1. Don't shoot the messenger just wake up and smell the coffee.

Now off you all go and revel in the I can't fail an A level success????????????? story. No one can fail anything anymore and football fans it seems cannot criticise for fear of not being loyal or corporate.

Stuff that!! Say what you think and recognise and acknowledge failure when you see it. Then and only then, can you begin to address it!!

• 5 months later...

LOL at my own stupid misplaced optimism.....