The Back-From-The-Game Thread - Huddersfield Town

notjon

Well I think it's up to one of the fans who have been to the game to post a 'just back from the game' thread. If the mods posted it and no one replied to it, they would look silly and the implications on here would be horrendous and quite probably life changing.

Its a pain having to find where the guys who have actually been to the game start posting amongst the armchair warrior posts.

agree. I always like to see the reports/comments on away games from those who went but finding them amongst bickering get tedious

Its a pain having to find where the guys who have actually been to the game start posting amongst the armchair warrior posts.

You have a keyboard and a forum at your disposal. Stop following the herd and start another thread. We might even make it a Sticky for you.

On the other hand, I'll edit your title, and this thread can do the job. OK..?

After the game I got in my car in Lime Street, drove back to Surrey and had to be straight to bed to be up at 5:15 today for work! Hence no posting from me last night.

Flawless performance. If I HAVE to look for negatives, which I am loathe to do, then Jaidi's clearances weren't brilliant last night. Umm, that's it. Oh, and I hit my back on the advertising hoarding in the Kingsland on the Camera run. There, I said it.

MOTM Puncheon for most people I would expect, but Barnard for me.

Either it was a really stupid huddersfield fan or a skate, either way he got turfed out by the stewards. Never understood why people do that to be honest since it always ends up with them being thrown out.

I too was at the game' date=' does anyone know what was going on in the away fans? Someone in a Pompey shirt I believe?[/quote']

The funny thing was they started throwing them out only after 20 minutes....... then again maybe they were glad they did after the final scoreline.

Either it was a really stupid huddersfield fan or a skate, either way he got turfed out by the stewards. Never understood why people do that to be honest since it always ends up with them being thrown out.

I wondered if it was a Huddersfield fan wearing a Pompey shirt as some kind of wind up last night, after viewing one of their main forums when I got home for their view on the game several of them mentioned that it was a Pompey fan amongst them.

I thought the one touch stuff in the second half ( albeit against a beaten side) was a joy to watch.

Took me back to, dare I say it the Alan Ball,Steve Williams days.

A compliment indeed !!!

totally agree, the one touch stuff was a fantastic view.

some of the triangles we were playing were stunning. It really came accross as the team had a real understanding of eachother, i.e they knew when a player would be behind them...so they could backheal it, or step over it etc

it was sheer perfection and simply stunning at times.

I thought the one touch stuff in the second half ( albeit against a beaten side) was a joy to watch.

Took me back to, dare I say it the Alan Ball,Steve Williams days.

A compliment indeed !!!

Don't forget Ivan Golac, and for the even older fans the first goal brought back memories Paine crossing for Davies to score (or so I'm told)

It was the type of game that had you not bought a ticket and been there, you would never believe Saints could play so well. As a club we were awesome last night - a complete and majestic performance.

Best chant? (Love this!)

"Are you Walsall? Are you Walsall? Are you Walsall in disguise? Are you Walsall in disguise?!"

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
Man flu has killed most of my brain cells... ):

It was the type of game that had you not bought a ticket and been there, you would never believe Saints could play so well. As a club we were awesome last night - a complete and majestic performance.

Best chant? (Love this!)

"Are you Wycombe? Are you Wycombe? Are you Wycombe in disguise? Are you Wycome in disguise?!"

I think you mean Walsall, it was 0-0 v Wycombe.

Best chant? (Love this!)

"Are you Wycombe? Are you Wycombe? Are you Wycombe in disguise? Are you Wycome in disguise?!"

Walsall, surely?

And yes, I was at the game.

I wondered if it was a Huddersfield fan wearing a Pompey shirt as some kind of wind up last night, after viewing one of their main forums when I got home for their view on the game several of them mentioned that it was a Pompey fan amongst them.

He'd have been better off putting his 20 quid towards his own club surely? ;-)

Rather than throwing him out they should have popped him down in a nice seat so he could enjoy it with the rest of us.

Sorry why is this a sticky? I have found no comment helpful or enlightening. We have a match thread.

It was for people who had gone to the match to write up their experiences and impressions of the team's performance. That's why we made it a Sticky. Won't be making the same mistake again.

Ok i will add a sensible comment!

Brilliant throughout, sharp passing, aggressive when trying to win the ball back and closed them down quickly. Rarely do you see that level of quality even in the higher leagues.

We got to the byline regularly and produced some fantastic crosses, we got several players in the box when it counted and TBH we should have had a few more goals.

All in all one of the most complete performances you will see (or not as the case may be)

WTF did a poopey fan feel the need to come to a saints game, shame he showed his colours and got ejected at the start of the game, if he had left it nearer to the end I'm sure he would have had a nice reception from a waiting crowd, what a f'in mong!

COYR

One of the best performances I have seen from Saints since V Spurs in 2003. It was that good.

May I suggest that we were immensely better last night because we gave them no real chances to get into the game. In that Spurs game, had Keane been more on form we might have struggled to get the result that we did. Last night was domination across the whole team, it didn't rely on any opposing player having an off day.

I went

I came back

We won and we were brilliant

And its actually my team for a change

And MOM = pretty much everyone: all played well, and if any individual had played a stinker we would still have been great. Lovely passing. this is not a league 1 side (when playing well). In the form the last 4 games we would hold our own in the premiership, i reckon.

Went to Walsall and last night Fantastique ten goals in two games nuff said 10/10 from top to bottom......

All i can say is because i don't get the occasion to go a lot after Saturday i tried to do everything around the match the same i did manage to get a ticket in about the same place i arrived to watch the team warming up before i bought a new scarf on sat so that went on the same way etc etc ....

As i left i noticed a couple of girls walking past the Ted Bates stat and touching one of his foots which i thought was a nice touch do other's do this either bf or after??