It cost a fortune, and has a major design flaw

alpine_saint

Am I talking about the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva that has to be shut down for a year and billions of Euros because of a design flaw that prevents it fulfilling its task ?

No, I am talking about Wembley, which appears to have no strategy and technology for moving the segregation zone and allowing Saints to sell as many tickets as possible for the JPT final...

Am I talking about the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva that has to be shut down for a year and billions of Euros because of a design flaw that prevents it fulfilling its task ?

If people have been worried about the end of the world because of that thing, then that's a good move. Pumping billions of Euros into it, is not. Scientists really know how to waste money...

No, I am talking about Wembley, which appears to have no strategy and technology for moving the segregation zone and allowing Saints to sell as many tickets as possible for the JPT final...
We don't know the full story there. Maybe they don't want to let in more Saints fans, after all, we hardly come with the reputation as the nicest bunch of fans in the country, thanks to the small few that insist on causing grief.

There are still other ways of getting tickets, I should expect to see quite a few for sale on this board in the next couple of weeks.

Surley its not just about segragation inside the ground though? Fans I guess will go to one side or the other to get in and having fans split this way must be easier to manage for the police. Not that our trip there is a grudge match or anything but 44000 fans cant be an easy lot to cope with even on a good day.

Plus it doesn't have a roof!!

Oh FFS - what is it with this country? It's gone to the dogs. Football is a MAAAAN'S game (said in Ray Winstone voice) to be played in all weathers!

Come on. If it were down to me: white boots - banned, gloves - banned, tights - banned, cycling shorts - banned...

Give us our game back!

22,000 empty seats at an average price of £34 = £647k

I emailed Wembley offering ( at a cost of £300,000 ) to offer sufficiant segregation through the way of barriers, netting and extra stewards, but am yet to recieve a reply.

Surely it's a no-brainer? I get the segregation in at a cost of £300k and they get to sell the rest of the tickets, making a profit of £347k.

Everyones a winner.

We don't know the full story there. Maybe they don't want to let in more Saints fans, after all, we hardly come with the reputation as the nicest bunch of fans in the country, thanks to the small few that insist on causing grief.

This is why, post match, when there has been reports of trouble, and certain posters try and pie off any criticism of those involved by saying things like "just stay home and drink tea/knit with your missus if you can't handle football, hurh hurh hurh, i'm a blokey bloke", it makes me wonder just how short-sighted some of our fans can be.

That and the perception that football and Violence have to go hand in hand, and anything else is beyond the scope of human comprehension...

This is why, post match, when there has been reports of trouble, and certain posters try and pie off any criticism of those involved by saying things like "just stay home and drink tea/knit with your missus if you can't handle football, hurh hurh hurh, i'm a blokey bloke", it makes me wonder just how short-sighted some of our fans can be.

That and the perception that football and Violence have to go hand in hand, and anything else is beyond the scope of human comprehension...

Completely ridiculous post.

There is no connection between any perceived chance of trouble (with saints) and not giving us more tickets. It will be down to the health and safety of the ground which would be the same regardless of what team. I think Millwall got more tickets for the play offs last year, which clearly makes your argument incorrect. http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Millwall-fans-claim-Wembley-record-Bristol-Rovers/article-1011164-detail/article.html

and last time a league table of arrests at football was published, with bans, we were nowhere near the top of it.

saints have one of the softest supports going.

Completely ridiculous post.

There is no connection between any perceived chance of trouble (with saints) and not giving us more tickets. It will be down to the health and safety of the ground which would be the same regardless of what team. I think Millwall got more tickets for the play offs last year, which clearly makes your argument incorrect. http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Millwall-fans-claim-Wembley-record-Bristol-Rovers/article-1011164-detail/article.html

and last time a league table of arrests at football was published, with bans, we were nowhere near the top of it.

saints have one of the softest supports going.

Or maybe Saints aren't thick and don't get caught as much as others?

Or maybe Saints aren't thick and don't get caught as much as others?

maybe.

but that still doesn't detract from my point that Millwall were given extra tickets last year, so to suggest we would not get more because of "fans reputation" is clearly bonkers

Oh FFS - what is it with this country? It's gone to the dogs. Football is a MAAAAN'S game (said in Ray Winstone voice) to be played in all weathers!

Come on. If it were down to me: white boots - banned, gloves - banned, tights - banned, cycling shorts - banned...

Give us our game back!

So having to have the pitch relaid 10 times so far has no bearing on the weather???

Did you go to Cardiff in 2003 and hear the atmosphere in the stadium with the roof on?

I agree with your other bits....only poofs and goalies wear gloves!

I only let my lad wear black boots......what is it with poncey green and sky blue?

So having to have the pitch relaid 10 times so far has no bearing on the weather???

Did you go to Cardiff in 2003 and hear the atmosphere in the stadium with the roof on?

I only let my lad wear black boots......what is it with poncey green and sky blue?

Alan Ball's opinion on white boots;)

http://www.footy-boots.com/alan-balls-white-boots/

Give us our game back!

You forgot jewelry, could`nt agree more though.

It's only a design fault if it was raised in the original brief and subsequently missed by the designer....who happens to be one of the most famous, successful and rich architects in the world....i would say it is a briefing error that it didn't specify flexible segregation barriers between blocks.

Um..yeah..we demand more seats! RAAAHHH!!!!

Yes, I went to Cardiff and it was like playing in my school sports hall.

Football matches are not designed to be played indoors!!!

Gawd strike a light - as for relaying the pitch, we don't seem to have too much trouble at SMS... mind you perhaps the Wembley turf sees more of the ball...

It's only a design fault if it was raised in the original brief and subsequently missed by the designer....who happens to be one of the most famous, successful and rich architects in the world....i would say it is a briefing error that it didn't specify flexible segregation barriers between blocks.

That's only if you're assuming they don't already have the facility for segregation between blocks. From my couple of visits there I'm pretty sure they just keep a combination of the numerous doors closed that break up the concourses and that's how segregation of the concourses is achieved. A row of 10 foot wide netting on seats and a few stewards easily covers the other issue.

Stop talking sensibly. It scares me.

If people have been worried about the end of the world because of that thing, then that's a good move. Pumping billions of Euros into it, is not. Scientists really know how to waste money...

There are still other ways of getting tickets, I should expect to see quite a few for sale on this board in the next couple of weeks.

LOL. Quality.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of our fans are known by most as happy clapping, soft mongs.

That's only if you're assuming they don't already have the facility for segregation between blocks. From my couple of visits there I'm pretty sure they just keep a combination of the numerous doors closed that break up the concourses and that's how segregation of the concourses is achieved. A row of 10 foot wide netting on seats and a few stewards easily covers the other issue.

That's how it appears to me too. Certainly for England games the "away section" has varied greatly in size depending on the opposition.

I am after two. I can get one for myself but will not go without my 8 yr old son.

Prepared to pay cost price plus a reasonable 'finder's fee'.

If interested please PM me.

Cue the abuse.

So what happens for the FA Cup final?

Each team gets half the ground (admittedly lots of that 'half' are the 'football family') but you do not have fans of opposing teams sat above or below each other. However, I don't understand why we can't have the upper tier in the North-East of the ground which is currently empty, and leave a number of rows at the bottom of the upper tier for stewarding and segregation.

Scientists really know how to waste money...

Pathetic.

Statement from someone sitting in front of his computer, wubble-you-wubble-you-wubble-you-ing away, no doubt drive to work in his nice Mondeo tomorrow, thinking they all grow on trees, in a country with a pathetic research budget (oh, nice bungs to bankers though).

Pathetic.

Ken Bates then.