Markus Liebherr - 62 today

Master Bates

Just watched the highlights of the game and for me the best moment of the whole day was seeing Markus with his camera at the end. We've got the best owner in the land. Happy Birthday Markus. You're a legend.

That was the bit I liked the best it just looked so good when it flashed on the big screen the players were right in front of him with the cup and he took a picture. If it is his birthday have a good one ML, do we all get a slice of the birthday cake on Monday.

That was the bit I liked the best it just looked so good when it flashed on the big screen the players were right in front of him with the cup and he took a picture. If it is his birthday have a good one ML, do we all get a slice of the birthday cake on Monday.

It would have been great to see the cup passed to him and one of the players take the photo.

It would have been great to see the cup passed to him and one of the players take the photo.

It doesn't matter that he doesn't have a photo of the cup being passed to him, as he will have a recording of him taking a photograph of the cup if he wishes to retain a keepsake of the occasion on a DVD. The club will probably make a DVD of the match for sale, so he can nip down to the shop when it's available and get himself a copy.

For someone so rich it really is amazing just how little is actually known about ML!!!! I mean we are not even sure when his birthday is!

I would love to confirm if he is married and if he has kids (I'm thinking he doesn't) as it would be great to think the club could be passed down the Liebherr generations and that our new found success isn't just centered around a man approaching pensionable age.

For someone so rich it really is amazing just how little is actually known about ML!!!! I mean we are not even sure when his birthday is!

I respect him for this. I' much rather have a humble billionaire like Markus than a big headed millionaire like Simon Jordan. In a way he reminds me of the genuine rich owners like Jack Walker and Sir John Hayward.

I would love to confirm if he is married and if he has kids (I'm thinking he doesn't) as it would be great to think the club could be passed down the Liebherr generations and that our new found success isn't just centered around a man approaching pensionable age.

He has a wife, not sure about kids. After the Ajax game Cortese said that Liebherrs wife had told him about how he had sat in his favourite armchair with his Saints scarf on and fallen asleep with a smile on his face.

In a way he reminds me of the genuine rich owners like Jack Walker and Sir John Hayward.

Not sure I agree with this. Both Walker and Hayward were massive supporters of the clubs they owned and major employers in the respective areas. I hope Markus's association with SFC has the longevity of the other two.

Not sure I agree with this. Both Walker and Hayward were massive supporters of the clubs they owned and major employers in the respective areas. I hope Markus's association with SFC has the longevity of the other two.

Time will tell i guess, but when ML was there on Sunday with his camera like a kid in a sweet shop he was a genuine guy.

I am hoping to be adopted by him very soon:supz:

When in situ..will put a word in for you:smt008

Forgot to add...That is if he wants another big kid....

COYRs

Edited by ottery st mary

Time will tell i guess, but when ML was there on Sunday with his camera like a kid in a sweet shop he was a genuine guy.

That was certainly a marvellous sight wasn't it,displaying a genuine human side to the man ?

Here we have a billionaire,who could have employed a team of photographers,but instead pops a camera out of his pocket,or Frau Liebherr's handbag perhaps, to take his own private photos of his team receiving the cup.

I am hoping to be adopted by him very soon:supz:

When in situ..will put a word in for you:smt008

Forgot to add...That is if he wants another big kid....

COYRs

He had a family in excess of 44,000 with him on Sunday.

I hope he is aware of how much love the fans have for him!

Not much love, thought this thread might have reached 3 pages by now the poor bugg@r, after everything he's done, let's hope he doesn't do a Delgado and go home................

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just down at the NOC today and spotted the yacht the Lady Marina docked just outside. Typed in the name as remembered seeing it in Monaco this time last year and it turns out the owner is Swiss billionaire Sergio Mantegazza. I dont know if theres any link to our Marcus but could be interesting....

A really nice boat if anyones interested come and have a look.

Just down at the NOC today and spotted the yacht the Lady Marina docked just outside. Typed in the name as remembered seeing it in Monaco this time last year and it turns out the owner is Swiss billionaire Sergio Mantegazza. I dont know if theres any link to our Marcus but could be interesting....

A really nice boat if anyones interested come and have a look.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://yachts.monacoeye.com/files/feadship_658_lady_marina_2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://yachts.monacoeye.com/files/feadship_658_lady_marina.php&h=330&w=440&sz=43&tbnid=TxHTd_2xnwj_3M:&tbnh=95&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3DLady%2BMarina&usg=__VCeiUSBUEnlvz08OTXPIs-yjUtE=&ei=7mnES7mrJ8v_-QbuzpDzDQ&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=7&ct=image&ved=0CBsQ9QEwBg