Wade Elliott

LA77

He'd be a cracking signing. A Saints fan, very experienced and would add real quality. Would he drop down 2 divisions, stay at Burnley or maybe have another crack at the premiership?

He's got good skill, good passer, scores some great goals and would deliver some quality balls. I'm sure he'd love to play for Saints.

He'd be a cracking signing. A Saints fan, very experienced and would add real quality. Would he drop down 2 divisions, stay at Burnley or maybe have another crack at the premiership?

He's got good skill, good passer, scores some great goals and would deliver some quality balls. I'm sure he'd love to play for Saints.

It would be nice. But, if he doesn't get a move to a lower league P'ship club or decent C'ship club, I'd be surprised. He's shown ability at the top flight in a pony side. He'd be cheapish, so can see a fair few teams being in for him.

seeing as Burnley are down it would only be 1 division :D

he would be great and a saints fan

LOL at the northam MONGS that boo'd him on his visits to SMS...he was a saints fan living the dream of playing at the hime of SFC

I remember him having a go at the Saints players at St Marys last season, telling them that they weren't trying hard enough when we played Burnley in our last home game.

That should tell you all you need to know about where his heart lays.

He's the cousin of my (mooosic) producer. He came down to sign a few seasons ago when we were in the ccc. He's a top top bloke and pretty clever too. When burnley were in the ccc he used to drive to training in an average car, not your usual footballer. I know for a fact he wants to play for saints but have a feeling it wont be until we are ccc or later in his career.

As he is 31, why not sign for us now and get us into the CCC? Would be a good move, I feel, he can play for the club he loves, become a legend in his own right, and I am sure we can make sure he is financially well recompensed.

Nice bloke, met him a few times. I also know one of his uncles, but haven't seen him for a while. He would be brilliant in League 1....although he has played there before he now has the big time experience of having played in the Prem and in some other big matches. He would rip some of the L1 full backs a new arsehole.

Well basically because people are idiots.

+1, unfortunately we've got our fair share of morons who haven't got a clue about football outside our starting 11.

I was also ****ed off by the abuse (no matter how lighthearted it was supposed to be) at Darryl Flahavan last week. The guy was born and raised, like Elliot, in Southampton and came through our academy. The f'in morons need to read up and get some respect. I expect the same group of neanderthals to boo Theo if we ever get the misfortune of playing against him in the future.

Sat next to his Dad at a Cup game at St Marys at the start of the season and he said Wade was offered to Saints a few years ago by his agent. They were very interested until Lowe was told it would cost £1 million to get him here, then the interest vanished !!

He said that if he did come back this way to play it would more likely be as a player/coach role helping out his old mate Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

+1, unfortunately we've got our fair share of morons who haven't got a clue about football outside our starting 11.

I was also ****ed off by the abuse (no matter how lighthearted it was supposed to be) at Darryl Flahavan last week. The guy was born and raised, like Elliot, in Southampton and came through our academy. The f'in morons need to read up and get some respect. I expect the same group of neanderthals to boo Theo if we ever get the misfortune of playing against him in the future.

Theo got cheered at the last under 21 game at St Mary's a couple of years ago. and i'm pretty sure he was playing for Arsenal at the time.

He's way too good for League 1. I expect he will get signed by a newly promoted or bottom half premier league team.

Or stay at Burnley, I mean it's not as if he's an out an out EPL player is he. He's been at Burnley a good few years now so why should he up and move because they've been relegated. It would seem that he has another year of contract there so can't quite see why he'd move now.

Or stay at Burnley, I mean it's not as if he's an out an out EPL player is he. He's been at Burnley a good few years now so why should he up and move because they've been relegated. It would seem that he has another year of contract there so can't quite see why he'd move now.

Who knows with that clueless idiot Laws. I saw robbie Blake on SSN saying he might have to leave because he hardly played in the 2nd half of the season, and he was brilliant early season. They also mentioned that a few might be on the way out. Of course i'm not sure if Elliott is one of them.

Theo got cheered at the last under 21 game at St Mary's a couple of years ago. and i'm pretty sure he was playing for Arsenal at the time.

That might have had something to do with the fact that he was playing for the team that we were all supporting that evening!

No I'd play them together, imagine Lallana Elliot and Puncheon/Antonio in behind Lambert with the option of Barnard to bring into the equation.

mouth watering :)

I cant see it happening however. Although if it did SWF should jump in quick to sponsor him!

Seriously? Does anyone expect Elliot to come here? A player who has made a reasonable showing in the prem, dropping down to play in league 1. I would love it to happen, but let's be at least a little bit realistic. If nothing else, Burnley don't need the cash so would want a big fee for him.

I think we'll buy players from other league 1 clubs, maybe a few that aren't getting a regular game in the CCC. Not players from (admittedly now relegated) prem sides.

What would he be like at right back ? if answer is ok sign him up as new no.2 otherwise sign him up as midfielder

Right back? You gotta be joking.

He's a good skillful midfield player, but I'd say he might prove a bit lightweight for L1 at his age now that the "nip" has gone out of his game a bit. IMO we need a bit more steel and aggression in midfield, and I don't think Wade fits that bill particularly well.

He did well at The Cherries, but it took him quite a while to really establish himself in the Burnley side. He's good, but he's an example of the kind of player who struggles a bit to make his undoubted skill and natural ability prevail over pace, size and athleticism in the pro game.

Spoke with a friend today who is VERY close to Wade...

... "He absolutely loves Saints and never shuts up about them, he wants to play for Saints whilst he is still good enough to be remembered as a great Saints player, as long as they get even slightly close to what he is earning now, he wouldn't think twice about playing for Saints next season "

Make of that what you will. I think if we go for him, we will get him. Good signing as well, he wants people in the area to remember him for being a Saints player... now is his time.