New manager announcement tomorrow

gonzo

FWIW I feel quite sure that it won't be Adkins. I think Cortese will go for a bigger name. I can't see Cortese sacking Pardew and replacing him with Adkins or Howe even though they are obviously good managers. I don't think MON will be the man although nothing would suprise me, a big enough wallet and clear long term planning for our future and it could happen.

I think it could be Brown because I would imagine him being a bit of a creep and telling Cortese exactly what he wants to hear. Probably a bit of a yes man as well.

With the couple of 'familiar face' rumours going about I have gut feeling that it could be WGS.

Probably way off the mark like the other 10,000 rumours and opinions on here but that is what I think.

What I also think is Nicola should hurry the **** up as the suspense is killing me.

UHM... why are we still so obsessed by 'big names'? We are a L1 club that has gone through a massive fall and are slowly starting to rebuild thanks in no small part to Cortese bringing the sadly departed Markus to the table. My question is less about why Pards was dismissed - because whatever footballing rationale there was for continuity, its never good when there is friction (whoever is the cause or right or wrong)... but more why they appointed him in the first place if there were doubts or potential issues ahead. I am going to speculate here... in that Pards was probably appointed after he gave ML and Cortese assurances - give me the money and I will get us out of L1 this year - probably as simple as that. Once it was clear it was not going to happen, the axe was going to fall, but for the intervention of the 'fan voice' - which stayed the execution, but did further damage to the relationship + Pards digs in the press, which whether right or wrong in their assessment was not the 'style' of the Swiss who are very vigorous in what is given to the media - contol freakish maybe, but possibly a combination of the 'Swiss culture' (they are not obsesseed with media/celebrity culture as we are) and a reaction to the way the club was often citicised from the outside, by ex staff, who did not really have the information to make informed comment - For all Le Tiss's/LMs Greatness, and as valid as their opinions are, it did not help having them comment on the situation when they were not in possesion of all the facts - as it naturally divided fans further. I appreciate they were just venting their own frustration re the club they love, but it was still an unnecessary and unwanted distraction.... anyway I digress..

Back to the matter at hand. What we need most is a manager who is ambitious, not stuck in some old school rut, likes to see sides play with flair and entertain, but with the steel and edge necessary to combat some of the more 'assertive' sides in at this level. Someone who is also 100% behind the approach - the u21 thing, the strategy etc and is not so worried about ego, but commands a generous respect that is earned by their working with the staff and players.... nice and easy then? ;-)

I just want to see someone who has the potential to take us all the way - not a stop gap until we get to the prem who is then replaced by a 'name' who would not consider us when we were in 'lowly L1' - someone who becomes part of the Saints family and understands the culture - someone whose ambition and personal goals will be more satisfied by acheiving success with Saints than taking a shortcut to the prem, the moment someone bigger comes calling - in that way, if at all possible, we are looking for someone who is already in the championship (or level) and willing to take the step back down because he sees what we are doing, understands it fully and is also in the SAME mindset.

Season write off? We should not be such drama queens - win the game in hand and we are only 3 points off the top which is nothing. Undoubtedly whoever is appointed will disappoint some - those who seem more concerned about the perception of the club in the media or amongst other fans than anything else. Whoever comes in, whatever name is irrelevent if we have success. We should remmeber that even a big name can fail - lose interest or be poached - none of which will give us the continuity we crave.

Finally, lets stop this 'cortese fans v cortese haters' tag rubbish. You dont need to agree with everything he does, but we should at least try and understand why he is doing it before jumping on the soapbox. Sure he is quiet on the explanation front, but we need to accept that's his style. He will not have earned the trust of someone as well respected as Markus without doing things right more often than not. Our frustration is that we feel we are in the dark too often and that would be my message to Nicola - just help us understand, and that frustration which manifests itself in negativity will begin to disappear.

I don't think we need a big name manager but we do need someone who can have instant success - otherwise they will be on the receiving end of a Cortese bullet next May. It has to be easier for some one with a big name or big reputation to walk in and put a rocket up our players arses and get results. IMO

It's crazy, he's gone from quite good odds, dropped out of it, slowly climbed back up and is now favourite!

My heart wants it to be O'Neill but my head says it'll be Adkins. Both good managers and I feel that Adkins would be more suited to the job in hand than O'Neill. We'll just have to wait a bit longer I suppose..

Well, if it is going to be at a Press Conference today then it is pretty darned quiet.

Or will it be another up yours media event with the information on the OS first at 11:23 tonight?

Will the press even bother to turn up if they were given twenty minutes notice?

Will they get out the pub at 11:23 to ask our new Wow factor any sensible questions?

Anyone staking out NC's home?

Why isn't Pilchards up his tree?

WE NEED TO KNOW!

I'm sure one of the very clever people on here will explain how it is humanly possible to interview "50 candidates" and announce a result in less than a week. Something doesn't add up and smells very fishy. Maybe closer to the truth is that they had only three applicants who showed any interest at all in joining this mad-house of a managerial merry-go-round and all the rest of it sis pure undiluted bull****. In which case it probably is a straight choice between Adkins and Howe.

If that makes you uncomfortable spare a thought for fans like me who are very, depressed at such a prospect.

Well, if it is going to be at a Press Conference today then it is pretty darned quiet.

Or will it be another up yours media event with the information on the OS first at 11:23 tonight?

Will the press even bother to turn up if they were given twenty minutes notice?

Will they get out the pub at 11:23 to ask our new Wow factor any sensible questions?

Anyone staking out NC's home?

Why isn't Pilchards up his tree?

WE NEED TO KNOW!

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?25027-that-tapatalk.

He's up an olive tree

Its one of those new Saints press conferences - without the press. They will be issued with a statement and official photos after a private function.

Best to keep watching the De Vere breakfast room, Saints car park and the Winchester lettings list.

I'm sure one of the very clever people on here will explain how it is humanly possible to interview "50 candidates" and announce a result in less than a week. Something doesn't add up and smells very fishy. Maybe closer to the truth is that they had only three applicants who showed any interest at all in joining this mad-house of a managerial merry-go-round and all the rest of it sis pure undiluted bull****. In which case it probably is a straight choice between Adkins and Howe.

If that makes you uncomfortable spare a thought for fans like me who are very, depressed at such a prospect.

there may have been 50 applications but only 10-20% would get an interview.

50 people applied. That does not mean 50 people were interviewed.

HTH

Applicants do not equal interviews, I doubt they will interview or have interviewed more than 6 candidates, easily achievable over a couple of days. Your depression is partly a result of the current lack of hard facts but it seems also due to your own preference to always add negativity to unfounded rumours; aka your own interpretation of the widely reported high volume of interest in the post turned into ‘Maybe closer to the truth is that they had only three applicants’.

If MO'N becomes the next Saints manager I promise to run bare bollock naked across the St Mary's pitch during his first home game in charge. That is how confident I am that he won't be our next manager, it'll be Adkins, and I'm not getting naked for him.

Just so you know, there is one heartbroken physio in Scunny right now. You heartless b*stard. ;)