New manager announcement tomorrow

gonzo

Announcement will be this week.

I repeat it is not Adkins or MoN. It will be a familiar face - not who you expect but an inspired choice.

Well at least we know you don't work at Sky.

We're simply whelmed at the moment (damn wish I had trademarked that word for the reaction) so hopefully it's rabbit hat

Announcement will be this week.

I repeat it is not Adkins or MoN. It will be a familiar face - not who you expect but an inspired choice.

If it's Merrington or Widdrrington or Holmes..or...well..whoever...i will cry, like small child. I can't actually think of anyone who would make me inspired and excited again about the new season who is a ''familiar face'' apart from Keegan...Pertrescu maybe =|

If it's Merrington or Widdrrington or Holmes..or...well..whoever...i will cry, like small child. I can't actually think of anyone who would make me inspired and excited again about the new season who is a ''familiar face'' apart from Keegan...Pertrescu maybe =|[/b][/color]

Or Terry Hurlock; he'd be brilliant. He'd know all about the lower leagues and getting stuck in.

Oooooh Terry 'urlock.

So tell us who it is so I can go down the bookies

Most names are leaked so people do - I cannot name.

Many "ITK" posters probably have vested interests, I do not.

I cannot confirm facts but can right wrongs. If I am wide of the mark feel free to remind me.

I cannot confirm facts but can right wrongs. If I am wide of the mark feel free to remind me.

I'm right, aren't I? It's Terry Hurlock.

Seriously, put up or shut up. Ooooh, look what I know but won't tell you! It's childish.

A good mate of mine who works for the Sun has reliably informed me Cortese was in their offices today trying to make peace with their Sports Editor. NC is not amused with being labelled "South Coast Club". The meeting went on for approx three hours. It is alleged that NC confirmed Adkins had been appointed, although official confirmation won't be made until......Thursday.

Not happy with Adkins, an uninspired choice. We could have had O'Neill - an agreement had been made on the proviso certian conditions were met - NC didn't agree so I'm led to believe it fell apart. Cortese should hang his head in shame.

How can we remind you that you're wide of the mark if you can't even tell us what your guess is?!!

It's a bit like Paul Daniels saying he can predict which card someone will choose from the pack, telling nobody what his prediction is and then, when they choose it, saying 'that's the one I thought it would be; aren't I a great magician?! Please give me a job!'

Pointless. If you have a suggestion at the very least please pm everyone what your prediction is and then we can give you your ITK rating out of 6.0 when the truth is announced!!!!

A good mate of mine who works for the Sun has reliably informed me Cortese was in their offices today trying to make peace with their Sports Editor. NC is not amused with being labelled "South Coast Club". The meeting went on for approx three hours. It is alleged that NC confirmed Adkins had been appointed, although official confirmation won't be made until......Thursday.

Not happy with Adkins, an uninspired choice. We could have had O'Neill - an agreement had been made on the proviso certian conditions were met - NC didn't agree so I'm led to believe it fell apart. Cortese should hang his head in shame.

sounds far fetched to me.

and someone posted he is in Switzerland!

If it is Adkins I will be totally underwhelmed. MoN would have beyond my wildest dreams, but I was expecting somewhere in between the two. All an Adkins appointment does for me is suggest someone who is happy to come to the club and be subservient to Clotese and Reed, which doesn't bode well at all.

Mate you're talking utter s**t. You claimed in another post that NC had p issed MoN off because NC had gone ahead and interviewed Adkins. Of course, if you believe Sky (who've hardly covered themselves in glory), NC has not yet opened talks with Adkins.

I heard this also.Deal was done and agreed, Cortese then went and interviewed another.

Well this is the pattern we've typically come to expect from Cortese. I've lost track of how many times he's had to grovel to the newspapers. Just ask the editor of the Echo. He soon showed Cortese who was boss. It's typical of the man that he could only be bothered to spend three hours away from the club. Anyone would think he had something more important to do than crawl round Rupert's minions.

And which of O'Neill's conditions would he not agree to? No brown M&Ms in the post-game refreshments? He truly is useless.

Well this is the pattern we've typically come to expect from Cortese. I've lost track of how many times he's had to grovel to the newspapers. Just ask the editor of the Echo. He soon showed Cortese who was boss. It's typical of the man that he could only be bothered to spend three hours away from the club. Anyone would think he had something more important to do than crawl round Rupert's minions.

And which of O'Neill's conditions would he not agree to? No brown M&Ms in the post-game refreshments? He truly is useless.

Have you had too much cheese before bedtime?

If true, the Sun will definitely run with the "Adkins appointed" story in Wednesday's edition - or, if the meeting was post-deadline (which would mean finishing after 11pm to fail to hit the last edition) - on their website. They might take the **** in the article too "non descript club appoints non descript manager" headline....

If that doesn't happen then NC did not confirm the Adkins appointment. Sun journalists do not keep this info under their hats. Additionally, they will almost certainly write up the 'fact' that "a grovelling Cortese prostrated himself at our editor's feet, pleading for forgiveness and mercy in a humliating climbdown that left the once-respected Swiss banker close to tears etc etc".

If this sort of story doesn't appear in the Sun tomorrow, then your source is wrong. These guys don't take prisoners.

Oh and the other implausible thing here is that the Sports Editor of The Sun would spend 3 hours with NC. It's not impossible - but 15 mins absolute max would be my guess. The Southampton p*ss-take is a very trivial part of their portfolio.