New manager announcement tomorrow

gonzo

sorry but that goes against the original OS statement after AP was sacked. The statement spoke about putting a team in place to get us out of L1 and to the Prem and keeping us there. Brown, for me is no different to AP, in fact, id rather have kept AP

I'm not sure it does though. I'm going along with the theory that the OS release on why AP was sacked is the true one, in that he couldn't / wouldn't work with the Development side of the club. Brown has already publically stated that he would work with Les Reed. Also, there's no denying that brown made quite a few errors when getting to the Prem, but if (massive if) he did end up getting the job and taking us up there there's no reason why he shouldn't at least be given the chance to have another go.

I think an AP/Brown manager is exactly right for what we'll get; someone who has succeeded at lower leagues, had a modicum of success higher up but ultimately failed (hence they're not still up there) and are very keen to work hard to prove themselves again.

My Hull supporting mate would very much disagree; here's his words about Permatan Phil:

"Would be a great signing in my opinion. Tactically really strong and would bring a great assistant in Brian Horton who knows the lower leagues - no money to really spend so no stupid signings, just a good squad to work with."

Phil Brown started to have success in management only after he appointed Horton as his assistant. Horton incidentally has about 20 years of managing experience. Maybe it's a coincidence, but Brown's league record was 7-14-9 at Derby and 9-5-11 at Hull without Horton, and 21-12-13 (2nd tier) with Horton.

Do you think Cortese heard the Radio so he decided to put it off so they were wrong, seeing how he hates stories getting out to the press before they have made an official statement? So no announcement today then? Maybe we should change the title of the thread to manager announcement soon?

Do you think Cortese heard the Radio so he decided to put it off so they were wrong, seeing how he hates stories getting out to the press before they have made an official statement? So no announcement today then? Maybe we should change the title of the thread to manager announcement soon?

Keep the thread title as it is, then at least it will be right one day.

We seem to just have 2 new manager threads now that this one's uniqueness at being 'tomorrow' has gone.

With so many names flying around, I was wondering, could people rate how good an appointment they think is on the following scale?

1 = Branfoot, 10 = Mourinho.

So, MON is a 9 and therefore very unlikely. The 10s are impossible (albeit possible within the realms of physics).

For me, Adkins is a 6 - not much wrong with it, likely to go up, but long term question marks and little excitement.

Branfoot doesn't rate a 1 in my opinion. He's gotta be negative points.

5pm and no press conference scheduled for today. It would be most unusual to hold one in the evenings, but I suppose an announcement might leak. I fear we could be hanging on a while longer...

To be fair, first off, there won't be a press conference, just a press release. That is as likely to happen at 9:30pm as 9:30am. Lots of sackings/appointments/signings get announced at night.

Being that Nicola has an interesting habit of releasing info at 'convenient' times for him (11:35pm, Bank Holiday Monday) it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped a press release during the middle of the second half of the England match.

Victor Chandler have just stopped accepting bets on Nigel Adkins who was 3/11 on to take the job after O'Neill rallied this morning to evens favourite and now out at 8/1. Sky Bet are the only other bookie accepting bets with Adkins at 1/2 and O'Neill out at 4/1. Brown still in with a shout at 2/1.

Who knows!! I would expect a PR imminently but as some of you mentioned ol' NC will probably do it at 12:01 in the morning!

To be fair, first off, there won't be a press conference, just a press release. That is as likely to happen at 9:30pm as 9:30am. Lots of sackings/appointments/signings get announced at night.

Being that Nicola has an interesting habit of releasing info at 'convenient' times for him (11:35pm, Bank Holiday Monday) it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped a press release during the middle of the second half of the England match.

Somebody had better let The Electricity Board know that there will be a sudden surge in power usage (similar to the HT kettle on for a cuppa surge) as millions of Saints fans fire up their computers to check this out ;)

I was at St Marys today. All quiet there and no sign of any press conference or a new manager

I think you have misunderstood the game. If you go to the ground, the training ground, the train station an airport, hotel or even an estate agent, then you have to say that you have seen some football manager.

At the very least say that you overheard someone talking about it. it's easy....."I was in the estate agents today (never say the name) and I saw Martin O'Neil (never take a picture or have any evidence)".

Come on get with the program!

What is going on I was hoping for some news today I thought it would be Brown or Adkins they seemed to be favorites yesterday now Keegan MON and Cantona have been mentioned has anybody got any info ?

We need to sort this out and get a manager in place I want our season back on track what happened to the cake walk this was supposed to be SFC sort it out PLEASE.

Right that's it. I am now retiring from being the prolific poster that I have been for all of this time. It is time to move on and go back to being the old Deppo. Being ITK has taken its toll on me. If anyone wants me I'll be posting on the music thread in The Arts. And maybe the odd 'Cripes!' in The Muppet Show. I am sorry that you all feel this way.

Right that's it. I am now retiring from being the prolific poster that I have been for all of this time. It is time to move on and go back to being the old Deppo. Being ITK has taken its toll on me. If anyone wants me I'll be posting on the music thread in The Arts. And maybe the odd 'Cripes!' in The Muppet Show. I am sorry that you all feel this way.

Cop out!

Boo Hiss!! Save our Deppo!!!

Is he coming?

Dowie will accept the head coach offer and he had already worked under an Italian tyrant. If he does get it, hes in it for the money only and wont last the season.

I just cannot believe that NC would choose bungle, sorry Dowie, to take us back into the prem, surely NC is not that stupid.

Did'nt Les Reed replace Dowie when he was sacked from Charlton, and then he was subsequently sacked?