New manager announcement tomorrow

gonzo

A good mate of mine who works for the Sun has reliably informed me Cortese was in their offices today trying to make peace with their Sports Editor. NC is not amused with being labelled "South Coast Club". The meeting went on for approx three hours. It is alleged that NC confirmed Adkins had been appointed, although official confirmation won't be made until......Thursday.

Not happy with Adkins, an uninspired choice. We could have had O'Neill - an agreement had been made on the proviso certian conditions were met - NC didn't agree so I'm led to believe it fell apart. Cortese should hang his head in shame.

If NC really spent 3 hours grovelling to the sun he is not the person that any of us think he is. I think that your mate has been feeding you a load of b o l l o c k s.

A good mate of mine who works for the Sun has reliably informed me Cortese was in their offices today trying to make peace with their Sports Editor. NC is not amused with being labelled "South Coast Club". The meeting went on for approx three hours. It is alleged that NC confirmed Adkins had been appointed, although official confirmation won't be made until......Thursday.

Not happy with Adkins, an uninspired choice. We could have had O'Neill - an agreement had been made on the proviso certian conditions were met - NC didn't agree so I'm led to believe it fell apart. Cortese should hang his head in shame.

Complete and utter nonsense.

1. Wilkins will be in charge Saturday.

2. Swindon Town will win 2-0.

3. As soon as the first goal goes in all our 'we must do better and turn it around' players will go all 'round shouldered' and give up.

4. This forum will implode and create a black hole from the gravitational force with the massive overload it will fact at 5.00pm Saturday.

5. All the 'FACT', '100%' 'Why should I lie?' 'Believe it or not' 'My mate/taxi driver/steward/NC's dog handler' stories are just that - stories, big tall ones to make the teller seem important, big or just feel better.

6. We will know when the club tells us.

3. As soon as the first goal goes in all our 'we must do better and turn it around' players will go all 'round shouldered' and give up.

4. This forum will implode and create a black hole from the gravitational force with the massive overload it will fact at 5.00pm Saturday.

5. All the 'FACT', '100%' 'Why should I lie?' 'Believe it or not' 'My mate/taxi driver/steward/NC's dog handler' stories are just that - stories, big tall ones to make the teller seem important, big or just feel better.

So far you are the only person on here who is actually ITK. Congratulations.

riiight!

couple of things wrong with that. One being that knowing NC and his short history with us there is no way in hell he would go to the Sun to discuss anything, let alone the new manager. Yet more NC bashing by making out the MoN thing.

Secondly, if we had been given permission to talk to Adkins, we would have heard about it by now.

So no deal had been agreed at all, then.

At best, any negotiations that may have taken place broke down due to the demands and "vision" (for want of a better term) not being the same/incompatable.

You could just as easily say, that IF O'Neill wanted the job he could have agreed to the "vision" the club had outlined.

riiight!

couple of things wrong with that. One being that knowing NC and his short history with us there is no way in hell he would go to the Sun to discuss anything, let alone the new manager. Yet more NC bashing by making out the MoN thing.

Secondly, if we had been given permission to talk to Adkins, we would have heard about it by now.

yep, the story falls down with the visit to the sun, imo just wouldnt happen, he is building a deep seated resentment of press, no way, he would go cap in hand!

Yes - Lets not lose the opportunity to have another bash at Cortese shall we ?? :spaz:

Your story is too far fetched to be given any credibility at all - perhaps in future you will keep your petty vendettas to yourself

Well according to Sky Sports News source he is not being interviewed until today, but their source I think is someone who just thinks this minght be happening. I think it is taken from the Sky Sports messageboard Skysportsweb.co.uk

Yes - Lets not lose the opportunity to have another bash at Cortese shall we ?? :spaz:

In fairness though, if it comes out that he is right about the MON / Adkins interplay, I will be mightily p*ssed with NC and will start wondering if I havent been too hasty in refusing to draw parallels between NC and Lowe.

riiight!

Last night SSN reported that S****horpe had given permission for Southampton to open talks with Nigel Adkins. It came on around midnight I think, I was up working and left SSN on in case anything came through.......

I don't actually know anything at all. I do know Kaiser Soze though - the actual person - but I can't vouch for the story either way.

My only opinion is even if we were to get in Jose or Alex himself it's too late for Saturday. If they were installed this afternoon that gives them just two days to sort out the team - who can't finish and can't break down a massed defence - into a well oiled winning machine. Also any new manager cannot unring the bell of Barnard's suspension or Adam's injury and nor can him magically make Ricky Lambert fit again.

So by logic I deduce we will lose Saturday.

The team's confidence and finishing is rock bottom.

We are playing a team we haven't even scored against in the last three meetings let alone gained any points.

The previous meeting was a 3-0 romp for the home team.

and the biggest indicator of all...

Our opponents are bottom of the table and haven't won a league game this season.

I get no pleasure from this.

I want Saints to win promotion and win every game they play.

I've followed Saints since I was six, so that is 42 years, therefore experience tells me how it goes (usually).

Mind you knowing Saints if I was a betting man I'd have money on them to win Saturday - 'cause I don't think anyone thinks they're gonna win.

you talk some ********.....

In fairness though, if it comes out that he is right about the MON / Adkins interplay, I will be mightily p*ssed with NC and will start wondering if I havent been too hasty in refusing to draw parallels between NC and Lowe.

Take your point but in all honesty I cannot beleive that O'Neill would have seriously considered coming here anyway.

He is after all one of the most highly regarded and sought after managers in the country which would not only put teams in higher divisions than us on alert, but he has his own reputation to consider too.

It also does appear that Scunny have only just given Adkins permission to talk to us which rather dispels this scenario that was suggested by the poster anyway.

Cortese we know likes to keep his powder dry and as another poster has mentioned, his interest in the club has magnified somewhat in that he is responsible for his dearly departed friend and mentors vision and legacy - Therefore he will put the interest of the football club first - Unlike Uncle Rupert!

As uninspiring as Adkins is, it might turn out to be a masterstroke!

God I love how this forum has become Sooooooooooo Middle Easternised over the past years.

First we had Friday's becoming Saturday's unless it it was a Sunday, and now we have seen a massive moment in evolution where tomorrow became Thursday

This is made even more poignant because today, tomorrow really is Thursday, but when it was yesterday and the day before yesterday tomorrow became Thursday as well.

For most people down here this is absolutely fantastic news. Thursday Night is our Friday night, which of course means that tomorrow is now forever FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY.

For me it's even better as my GF has a weekend of Thursday and Friday so for me tomorrow the GF is always going to have the day off with me.

This is just so ground breaking, I'm off for a lie down

Just been in for my Saints interview. Cortese, Reed and Wilkins sat behind a desk, I did a bit of a speech about my aims.

Wilkins buzzed me, but I got two yes's from the others. Coretese said I was exactly what the competition was all about.

Reed said I had "The Wow Factor".

I'm through the next round.

Quality, makes a great picture in my head!

No point in even thinking about sharpening your knives. We will never know the truth about the selection process.

Lighten up guys, you're taking this all far too seriously. You have to understand that to post on here you have to either make up some complete b@llix and say it came from a mate/ good source/ steward/waitress at Grand Harbour etc, or you have to launch into some vitriolic knee jerk reaction to something taken as a personal attack. Variations on this include smug and vague comments that you know everything but can't say anything and p!ss takes over sub-optimal spelling/grammar, izzit.

Having said that has anyone else heard about the ex-World Cup winning young foreign manager with Premiership experience currently looking for a mansion in Northam?

I know all about it but can't say yet, you @rseholes

IT WAS business as usual for manager Nigel Adkins at S****horpe United yesterday as speculation persists over his future.

He remains one of the hot favourites with the bookmakers for the job at League One Southampton.

The Saints have had 30 applications to fill the vacancy from managers currently in employment.

Adkins is not one of them. That is not really his style.

He does have ambitions to move on from Glanford Park but believes it will be the work he has done here that will attract the interest of other chairmen.

That now has clearly happened, with Southampton last night reported to have been given permission to speak to the United boss.

Yesterday, after taking training as normal, Adkins insisted he was still focused on United.

But he refused the chance to pour cold water on the speculation linking him with the post.

"Obviously I am aware of all the speculation that is being led by the bookmakers and the media," the Iron boss told the Telegraph.

"Over the last few years at this club there has always been speculation linking one of our players to bigger clubs.

"There has also been speculation about myself.

"We have always been able to deal with it in the past and I am sure we will do the same now.

"I would like to think there is always going to be speculation because if there is, then it shows we are always going to be doing things positively and doing things right.

"When you look at it, it is good for S****horpe United to be linked in that way as well. It gives the supporters something to talk about.

"I am totally focused on S****horpe United – the wheels are already in motion preparing for our home game with Bristol City on Saturday – the first of seven we have before the next international break.

"I have been here at S****horpe now for 14 years.

"I think people can see how hard I work and I would like to think that rubs off on everybody else here.

"I am ambitious and there will come a day when I walk out of here, hopefully because of what we have achieved here – but who knows when that will be?"

Adkins has had four successful years in charge at Glanford Park and knows he is unlikely to find the same sort of working relationship elsewhere that he has had at United with Wharton.

But Southampton is the size of club that could prove an attraction to Adkins – if he felt the set-up was right.

The Saints were a Premier League club only five years ago and feel they have the potential to get back there.

"I am sure Southampton are actively looking to appoint a new manager as quickly as they can," said Adkins.

"Dean Wilkins has been put in temporary charge. He is a safe pair of hands – a similar situation I was in when Brian (Laws) left S****horpe.

"I am sure there have been plenty of applications for the role and a lot of highly thought of people who have applied for the job."

“You look at history of the club and fan base they have got.

“They are in their 125th season now.

“You look at the stadium and the ambition of where they want to go.

“As a club they suffered financially by going into administration.

“New owners are in there now and will want to try and keep Southampton Football Club moving forward.

“They will want to get back to the Championship as soon as possible.

“That is the obvious link with me because we have been promoted twice from the division Southampton now find themselves in.

“The chairman there now has an important decision to make.”

In this era of Skype and free Video Conferencing....

Don't you love the fact every candidate has been trained flown or hotel'd in for the interviews....

Again - for the Business Culture observers. NC came from the Banking Sector.

1) Create a Job Specification

2) Advertise said Job with the Description inviting applications

3) Use an agent/minion to sort out the applications from TSW members and find the 50 real ones

4) Read the CV's and letters of Application

5) Determine a Short List of Candidates

6) Check with Legal/HR regarding any potential "not allowed to tap up other club's managers without doing XYZ" rules

7) Clear Diary and inform Short List of the Date for the Interview. Interview to be a two way meeting - selling the club and buying the applicant

8) Review ALL the interviews determine a first and second choice

9) Contact First and Second Choice to start discussion of detailed Contracts/termination clauses/Severance issues

10) Sign New Manager and Announce to the World with speeches prepared by PR & Marketing Departments

So we had 50 applicants, perhaps 5 or 10 of them any single one of us with an ounce of knowledge of football would want to talk to, not just to interview but also out of interest and to learn. All 5 or 10 are told at the start how the process will work, you have to llok at all the options or the fans will murder you even more than usual for "Not looking into every possible option"

The whole thing takes TIME and the fact that you have so many quality applicants means that at least half of them are spotted jetting in and out of hotels etc.

Maybe somebody can post a photo of this geezer - must confess, I don't have a clue what he looks like and wouldn't know him if he sat opposite me all the way down to Southampton. To be fair it's almost impossible to be certain who you think you might have seen in public even when you think it's somebody famous. In real life people rarely look like their images in the media.

Maybe somebody can post a photo of this geezer - must confess, I don't have a clue what he looks like and wouldn't know him if he sat opposite me all the way down to Southampton. To be fair it's almost impossible to be certain who you think you might have seen in public even when you think it's somebody famous. In real life people rarely look like their images in the media.
Which geezer do you mean? Surely not Adkins? Any genuine football fan would know what he looks like - if not just visit the Scunny web site ?!

Solent reported this morning at 0820 manager will be appointed this week, will NOT be Phil Brown, more than likely to be an up and coming Englishman.
If they have had 30+ applications and decided to interview less than half of them I cannot imagine that there would be enough time to announce the successful candidate before the weekend - especially if the candidate is with a club and compensation etc is to be negotiated.

Just been in for my Saints interview. Cortese, Reed and Wilkins sat behind a desk, I did a bit of a speech about my aims.

Wilkins buzzed me, but I got two yes's from the others. Coretese said I was exactly what the competition was all about.

Reed said I had "The Wow Factor".

I'm through the next round.

This forum would be so much better if you stuck around Stig.

This is the pic he posed for this morning. Seems happy to get the job!

O-050-0523.jpg