Xfactor

Thedelldays

and cher goes through

shock...horror

If she wants to be a "Gangsta" so much, someone should do us all a favour and shoot her.

Can't stand her.

Don't care who wins, Matt or Rebecca. Actually don't care full stop. I wish my missus hated reality shows...

X Factor stopped being a singing contest ages ago.

Mary probably had the best voice out of the lot of them, but she won't sell as many records as Cher.

Was watching one of those ' Best Christmas #1s' programmes on some MTV type channel this morning and Steve Brookstein popped up. I'd forgotten about him, partly because I don't watch XF, partly because he vanished into obscurity almost immediately. That's not because he was any less tallented than all the other winners, but because he was less marketable. He was too old for teenage girls to have posters of him on their wall and dance along to his songs at a school disco. That's what Xfagtor (I just thought of that. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha) is all about. That's no doubt why the judges kept Cher in instead of the old moose last night.

This could be a really good show if it was concentrated on pure talent, however it is designed to make money and therefore better acts are thrown out on the basis that they wont sell any records or generate publicity. The format could be tweaked and it become a genuine talent show and it would still pull in the viewers. I would like to see differant judges, people like Feargal Sharkey or Elton John rather than the no marks we have now.Mrs Cole has got to be the most annoying person in the music business and the fact that she comments on acts whilst she mimed on the show, shows what a joke she is.

The young guy with the hat and Rebbeca are pretty good, but that Cher and her blubbing all the time, is grating on me. As for the boy band, what a talentless bunch they are. However my 10 year old girl has Cher and One Direction as her favs, and I guess she's the type of punter they're after.

I'm not a big fan of the show, but Mrs Duck and the kids like to watch it, and we dont get much time together so tend to watch Sat night TV as a family.

They are other talent shows out their, SKY had one based purely on ability and songwriting etc.

Who won? f**k knows, cause the public are not interested. They want entertainment.

My girls love Wand Erection and scream every time they get through. But guess what, when Britains got Talent starts again, they will move on to the next fad.

Posters will get ripped down and replaced by a singing dog or an acrobatic pigeon.

Oh no, oh no, oh no... you've started me off.

X-Factor is, quite frankly, insulting to real musicians, real artists, real singers in every imaginable way possible from established, genuine acts to the humble Underground busker.

I find the whole show absolutely disgusting and the epitome and reflection of everything wrong with society today. Image, image, image, fake, fake, fake, deluded, deluded, deluded. Even Susan Boyle's shock success was through gritted teeth and at first, hostile human "bear baiting" (granted though, she was a bit - different).

It's a repulsive, image-concious, attention-seeking, fake karaoke pantomime... the sooner that sh1tstorm of a show dies, the better.

X-Factor is, quite frankly, insulting to real musicians, real artists, real singers in every imaginable way possible from established, genuine acts to the humble Underground busker.

I find the whole show absolutely disgusting and the epitome and reflection of everything wrong with society today. Image, image, image, fake, fake, fake, deluded, deluded, deluded. Even Susan Boyle's shock success was through gritted teeth and at first, hostile human "bear baiting" (granted though, she was a bit - different).

It's a repulsive, image-concious, attention-seeking, fake karaoke pantomime... the sooner that sh1tstorm of a show dies, the better.

Boyle was Britain's got Talent which I actually find entertaining unlike x factor.

Great post. Sums up my feelings completely.

I don't watch any of these reality talent type shows because they seem a bit too much like pantomimes. You know at least one of the judges has to be the villain that everyone loves to hate etc etc. I used to really hate the amount of interest all these shows generate and all their fake controversies but now I really couldn't care less.

I did take an interest last year with the campaign to get RATM to number one but in hindsight that actually helped X-Factor in the "no publicity is bad publicity" stakes. I'd rather those of us who don't like shows like this just ignore them. When people ask me about whether Ann should be voted off strictly come dancing or whether X Factor is less about talent than popularity I just say I don't give a f*ck and that kills off the conversation.

This absolutely!!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
just got this on (again)..

some 45 year old bloke called 'johnny' is singing

he is possibly the most offensive man I have ever seen

I am watching it, well she is and it's on in the living room for the first time this series, much to my shame. Johnny is clearly this years dancing bear. He can sing a litle bit, but he is wierd and the type the idiot british public will vote for and they'll keep in, just like those Irish wierdos and the other bloke who couldn't sing and loads of people went to see at 90 degrees earlier this year.

Louis Walsh should be dumped. He seems to chose the "novelty acts" rather than pick people who might actually have a chnace of winning. Thank goodness that oriental tart had the decency to pull out. Sami and Jade were two of the better singers this year but both were dumped by the judges. Crazy. A poor crop this year. No Matt Cardle or Leona Lewis amongst them sadly. Stll that attention seking tart Kitty will be good for a laugh if nothing else.

I am watching it, well she is and it's on in the living room for the first time this series, much to my shame. Johnny is clearly this years dancing bear. He can sing a litle bit, but he is wierd and the type the idiot british public will vote for and they'll keep in, just like those Irish wierdos and the other bloke who couldn't sing and loads of people went to see at 90 degrees earlier this year.

You are spot on of course - but I actually find this aspect of the show pretty offensive. Setting people up to make themselves look complete idiots is out of order - especially on prime time television with millions of people looking on. But this show thrives on it, and 'Joe Public', to a certain extent fuels it - but it should be banned. The amount of people that have been given air time on x factor with the express aim of publicly humiliating themselves, is obscene.

The whole show should be re-written or removed, one of the two.

Just heard on Granada news tonight that 7 of the final 12 are from the north west. Gary Barlow, himself from the area seems really to hold a lot of weight and influence over the two female judges. It's one enormous travesty, and rivals the goings on down the M27.