Charlton BIG investment/takeover

Glasgow_Saint

How very gay. We're all far more handsome and interesting.

Don't worry about it, Charlton will buy a lot of the old trash that premiership clubs will be wanting to offload in January. They will be just as crap as a lot of the old trash we bought, won't get them anywhere. No player worthy of the name will move to Charlton, except a lot of washed up Spaniards and Africans.

Don't worry about it, Charlton will buy a lot of the old trash that premiership clubs will be wanting to offload in January. They will be just as crap as a lot of the old trash we bought, won't get them anywhere. No player worthy of the name will move to Charlton, except a lot of washed up Spaniards and Africans.

Sounds like the same sort of policy used to great effect by the Skates to get them out of this awful league. IMO, it would have worked for us as well if it hadn't been for Burley.

And in answer to the original question: never (not with the bunch of shareholder egos we have)

Sounds like the same sort of policy used to great effect by the Skates to get them out of this awful league. IMO, it would have worked for us as well if it hadn't been for Burley.

And in answer to the original question: never (not with the bunch of shareholder egos we have)

Yes but you need 'Arry boy for that.

Amazing. How on earth could people look at Charlton as a more viable investment opportunity than us? It really does beggar belief. Yes they are in London but have you tried getting to Central London from Charlton? It'll be quicker to get there from Southampton. We've got a beautiful stadium, great fans when all pulling in the same direction and a youth setup the envy of clubs in the Prem, let alone the Championship. Everything at this club is set up to be a Premier League club apart from the finances and the first team which is directed related to the financial status of the club.

Amazing. How on earth could people look at Charlton as a more viable investment opportunity than us? It really does beggar belief. Yes they are in London but have you tried getting to Central London from Charlton? It'll be quicker to get there from Southampton. We've got a beautiful stadium, great fans when all pulling in the same direction and a youth setup the envy of clubs in the Prem, let alone the Championship. Everything at this club is set up to be a Premier League club apart from the finances and the first team which is directed related to the financial status of the club.

That's the reason right there. Same with QPR. It'll be Brentford next!

That's the reason right there. Same with QPR. It'll be Brentford next!

Have you ever been to Charlton though? Paulsgrove in Portsmouth is more cultured than Charlton. Its a sh!thole. I live within walking distance to Loftus Road, its in West London and has its fair share of wealthy fans, also Shepherds Bush is currently going through a massive regeneration that will see it become a very fashionable area to live in. I think Bernie and Flavio have been quite shrewd with that one.

But I do agree. It seems just because a club is based in a London postcode they become a viable club to invest in, which is bollix.

The people Saints have/have had trying to find buyers are (more importantly were) ****ING ****

Charlton also appointed Seymour Pierce a while back, but not sure whether they brokered the current deal or not.

However, if you talking about LongLife, Barry the Briefcase and the other comedians, then you definitely have a point.!!!!!!

It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to Central London from Charlton by train. The stadium used to be the largest in London outside Wembley and, despite not being an identikit like ours, is still reasonably impressive. It may be near run down areas like Woolwich but it is also very close to Blackheath (one of the wealthier parts of London). The stadium is also very near the Thames and the Blackwall Tunnel and is well-placed to take advantage of the Olympics and all the development they will bring. The club draws fans from all over Kent as well as from South East London and, until now, has been run as a community-based outfit. I just hope that any big money takeover doesn't spoil the friendly atmosphere.

It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to Central London from Charlton by train. The stadium used to be the largest in London outside Wembley and, despite not being an identikit like ours, is still reasonably impressive. It may be near run down areas like Woolwich but it is also very close to Blackheath (one of the wealthier parts of London). The stadium is also very near the Thames and the Blackwall Tunnel and is well-placed to take advantage of the Olympics and all the development they will bring. The club draws fans from all over Kent as well as from South East London and, until now, has been run as a community-based outfit. I just hope that any big money takeover doesn't spoil the friendly atmosphere.

Anyway when West Ham goes tits up there will be plenty of plastic supporters to entice with cheap, dodgy South American drama queens.

You need to recognise that it is mainly London clubs that are being take over. Buying real estate in the capital even in these straightened times makes sense to foreign despots who want a safe haven for their ill-gotten gains and a safe bolthole beyond the reach of their national governments. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with football at all. A few acres of St Mary's wasteland is hardly likely to attract much interest from opportunistic speculators.

Well written and balanced posts are not welcome here.;-)

You need to recognise that it is mainly London clubs that are being take over. Buying real estate in the capital even in these straightened times makes sense to foreign despots who want a safe haven for their ill-gotten gains and a safe bolthole beyond the reach of their national governments. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with football at all. A few acres of St Mary's wasteland is hardly likely to attract much interest from opportunistic speculators.

The farm!;)

My thoughts exactly. I don't get it.....

Has it never crossed your minds that nobody is interested in your club and therefore investment is just a deluded dream you all have (That Microsoft bloke as if te he he).

Pompey were struggling like you once and we had investors falling over themselves to pump money in, you just lack appeal big time, no history, no real passion, only won a single trophy you rent a soulless stadium and are heavily in debt.

So work it out for yourselves. :D

Has it never crossed your minds that nobody is interested in your club and therefore investment is just a deluded dream you all have (That Microsoft bloke as if te he he).

Pompey were struggling like you once and we had investors falling over themselves to pump money in, you just lack appeal big time, no history, no real passion, only won a single trophy you rent a soulless stadium and are heavily in debt.

**** off and die a painful death you skate ****

The people Saints have/have had trying to find buyers are (more importantly were) ****ING ****

it has more to do with the fact that Rupert doesnt want to sell at nearly any cost conceviable.

he has set out on his own personal mission,which is to redeem Saints-and himself in that very process-...and we all know how stubborn that man is !

Is that why you had bucket collections outside Fartton?

No real passion? What like struggling to fill your ground in your most successful season ever.

Always in our shadow, hence the need for you spend your weekends on here ;-) sPIKEY

Charlton also appointed Seymour Pierce a while back, but not sure whether they brokered the current deal or not.

I've never understood how one football 'deal broker' can act for so many clubs and have all their interests at heart. When a Dubai consortium knocks on their door, how do they decide which client (e.g. Charlton or Southampton) to promote the hardest?

(Give it 5 mins before someone comes up with an Estate Agent analogy.....)

Interesting that Charlton announced this on a Friday, when the Dubai guys at Zabeel Investments were closed for the weekend. Shows that the Charlton guys have a lot to learn about the etiquette of working with the guys down here. Hope it doesn't upset them too much.

FWIW they have been looking at a LOT of clubs and have had details from and meetings with a LOT of clubs.

But London is the key, followed by closeness to an International Airport, but the last year of a parachute payment would have made a big difference. Zabeel will have funds but will also be very careful with them.

I've never understood how one football 'deal broker' can act for so many clubs and have all their interests at heart. When a Dubai consortium knocks on their door, how do they decide which client (e.g. Charlton or Southampton) to promote the hardest?

By setting up a Chinese Wall.

Our day will come, once the few accept the return of Glenn Hoddle.

Perhaps Glenn Hoddle should accept the return of Glenn Hoddle first....?

Call me old fashioned....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1021528/Ex-England-boss-Glenn-Hoddle-says-turned-second-stint-Saints--manage-again.html

Ex-England boss Glenn Hoddle says he turned down second stint at Saints - and may never manage again

Our day will come, once the few accept the return of Glenn Hoddle.

Didn't you not listen to him this week, he will not manage another club, he may consider offering his shoddy services on the international merry-go-round in a few years time but only if he can do it part time along side his new venture. Maybe Andorra, close to his Spanish base and the language barrier will mask his inept man management skills, or Eastern Europe where his look is still very fashionable.

He has effectively retired from club football, not that any club wants’ him. That’s good news in my opinion, it means we won’t have to fight that little battle again.

Being reported on SSN - Dubai based investors to takeover Charlton today.

SSN says lots of money will be available!

When will we get our day?

Charlton Suck!

Difference in Attitude .........

Charlton WANT to be taken over, and have WELCOMED the potential Investors

SFC (PLC) .. ie Lowe, does not WANT to be taken over, and has NEVER Welcomed any potential Investor

Lowe is quite happy to run the PLC, and (will) deliver a a Divi to the beloved Shareholders ........ but us CUSTOMERS, and the FOOTBALL side of things can shrink down to whatever the PLC requirements are at the time.

Simple Business Logic ....... you do not HAVE to have success on the field, to have a Successful PLC

It makes you wonder if there is someone out there who just doesn't want the club to be taken over. We have rejected SISU's advances, and gave no encouragement to Marcus Evans who looked at us before investing in Ipswich.

To the point and a view I have long held. I believe that certain parties want us in administration to then pick us up for a pittance because they will have the financial backing to do it, it's already in place.

Only my, unfounded, opinion and something that has been crawling around my gut for a long time.

Why does everyone dream of being an arab plaything? Sounds horrendous to me. Maybe it is the future, but I'd rather us die as Southampton Football Club than try to compete as a rich foreigners toy that happens to have a stadium in Southampton.

There was a time when I dreamed of being an Arab plaything. Oh sorry, that's not what you mean, is it? I was never confused.

Why does everyone dream of being an arab plaything? Sounds horrendous to me. Maybe it is the future, but I'd rather us die as Southampton Football Club than try to compete as a rich foreigners toy that happens to have a stadium in Southampton.

It doesn't have to be an arab plaything it could be a modest english based investor.

Have you ever been to Charlton though? Paulsgrove in Portsmouth is more cultured than Charlton. Its a sh!thole. I live within walking distance to Loftus Road, its in West London and has its fair share of wealthy fans, also Shepherds Bush is currently going through a massive regeneration that will see it become a very fashionable area to live in. I think Bernie and Flavio have been quite shrewd with that one.

But I do agree. It seems just because a club is based in a London postcode they become a viable club to invest in, which is bollix.

The reason a London club is a better investment than Southampton is because London clubs can attract better players than us. London is like a magnet, especially for foreigners. You only have to visit the city and play spot the Englishman to see this.

It makes you wonder if there is someone out there who just doesn't want the club to be taken over. We have rejected SISU's advances, and gave no encouragement to Marcus Evans who looked at us before investing in Ipswich.

Not "someone out there " mate ......... someone IN there ........ LOWE

we couldnt find investment when he wasnt in charge either

The reason being that although he "wasn't in charge" ......... he still had his SHARES ........... and the Clout that goes with it

ie ... You can only PURCHASE if the potential SELLAR is WILLING TO SELL....

Lowe NEVER wanted to sell his shares ..... and now back in charge ..... he never will

Good point.There is obviously a potential conflict of interest here.

I am sure Seymour Price or any other brokers however are reliable,trustworthy,and conduct everything in an extremely scrupulous fashion,rather like the estate agents you refer to.:confused:

Being reported on SSN - Dubai based investors to takeover Charlton today.

SSN says lots of money will be available!

When will we get our day?

Charlton Suck!

Simply put, we won't. Well, not while we have our major shareholders at loggerheads and with ego's which inhibit their ability to make decisions for the best of the club. I don't know about the make up of the Charlton shareholding, but I suspect they are able to get a broad consensus and do what is right for the club.

I am not sure how actively Seymour Pearce are looking for investment for Saints, or even if they are. I do not believe it is high on the agenda for Lowe and Wilde (or rather Lowe, who's clearly the one still pulling the strings - Wilde will seemingly just do as he's told); to my knowledge they dynamic duo have not publicly commented on a proactive search for investment.

And what appeal did Pompey have, a ****ty stadium which they cant even fill, you say we have no history, your saying you do? You were in our shadows for years, and your trophy cabinet is hardly full is it. And Southampton is a much more pleasant place, than Portsmouth. So you saying we have no appeal is a bit retarded.

And what appeal did Pompey have, a ****ty stadium which they cant even fill, you say we have no history, your saying you do? You were in our shadows for years, and your trophy cabinet is hardly full is it. And Southampton is a much more pleasant place, than Portsmouth. So you saying we have no appeal is a bit retarded.

In fairness, parts of Portsmouth are much more pleasant than parts of Southampton. Unfortunately, Fratton Park is not one of them.