Home Kit Revealed!

Genk

Do you like New Home Kit  

855 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like New Home Kit

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • It's 'ok'

bad collar, bad socks, does not look like a saints kits for some reason, maybe the white sleeves, but i liked some of the mock-ups with white sleeves so will wait till i see it in the flesh, also would have liked to revert to navy blue shorts (much darker than ath madrid) which would make it different from any other kit out there.

for the away kit i would like to keep the sash, pref navy blue shirt w/yellow sash, yellow shorts, navy blue socks with yellow tops

I'm not that fussed either way. I can't understand why people get so emotive about it. It's a football shirt, nothing more, nothing less.

What makes me chuckle is how people are "underwhelmed". Wtf were they expecting a red and white striped football shirt to look like exactly?

I think it's pretty nice and will probably buy one when the price comes down towards the end of the season.

White sleeves & no collar mmmmmm, I guess there is a reason for that, 8/10 .

Nice to see the stripes back, good for hiding a fat belly.

Which players are you talking about? I know Willo is back on the payroll but don't think he'll be in the team! Liked the kit, the extra white looks like a clever transition from the sash and the black shorts back to a Saints' tradition.

PS. It wasn't entirely July weather in Interlaken!

0,,10280~9812942,00.jpg

It looks like a cheap bog standard effort.

£47 for that. You'd have to be mad.

Count me in with the mad then. I like the long sleeved better anyway, which is the only one that costs £47. The SS is still £42.

Now paying £20 for a pair of plain black shorts with a Saints badge on and yellow/gold Umbro logo I'm not so sure about, though if they're lined I might get them to go with the now-almost-certain-to-be-yellow/gold/amber away shirt.

I've already got the socks from buying Sunderland home socks from JJB in the sale last season, and I'm not forking out £10 for the benefit of having Umbro's 2011/12 grey feet on them. Rangers away are the same and still available at £1 a chuck on the JJB site, but only in kids' sizes.

So.... whose prediction/mock up came closest?

B Rabbit did a mock up which was this shirt style with a non-outlined aap3 logo and a collar, I did a few mock ups with plain stripes, the original style Cosmos collar (not the newer one that we've got) and white sleeves.

And all credit to Katalinic for his Cosmos collar comments back on page 2. Expect the away to be Brazil-like, and based on the colour scheme of the home kit, yellow or gold or amber/red/black.

Anyone who said there was black on the arms wants shooting.

B Rabbit did a mock up which was this shirt style with a non-outlined aap3 logo and a collar, I did a few mock ups with plain stripes, the original style Cosmos collar (not the newer one that we've got) and white sleeves.

And all credit to Katalinic for his Cosmos collar comments back on page 2. Expect the away to be Brazil-like, and based on the colour scheme of the home kit, yellow or gold or amber/red/black.

Anyone who said there was black on the arms wants shooting.

I said it would be just like Huddersfield so I will take all the money :-D

I agree with some, the short sleeve looks good but not sure about the long sleeve. It hasn't immediately won me over like the sash but i'll give it time.

I like how the aap3 logo looks like it's smiling!

From 28th June :

BlackburnYellowAway.jpg

Here's the Blackburn kit. You can see similarities with the Cosmos collar, and this is the first photo of any other Umbro kit which has been released this close season showing that collar. So from what we heard long ago in this thread, I'd be inclined to say that's the collar Saints will have on the home kit. Although you can see they're not exactly the same, there's definitely a similarity.

cosmos2.jpg

And here are the two closest mock-ups I could find from the early batch :

208443_10150150493586931_708351930_7021960_4191883_n.jpg

Huddesfield_home_1112_umbro_home_11copy.jpg

There are some later ones which may be closer - I know I never got around to downloading a template with the new Cosmos collar so none of mine have it on there.