Home Kit Revealed!

Genk

Do you like New Home Kit  

855 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like New Home Kit

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • It's 'ok'

I like it. Much prefer it to last years. I like the red socks and the white long sleeves with red wrist bands look nice. The stripey socks of recent years have been terrible. Are the shorts black (they look it) or the navy we used to have? Would prefer the latter.

£47 does seem a bit steep for a shirt!

Long sleeved are always £5 more than the short sleeved. Stick a name and number on a long sleeved shirt (like I did last year for the wedding) and this year you're looking at £59.

I said it would be just like Huddersfield so I will take all the money :-D

I note with interest that you also implied there was something special on the back (was that a guess?) and that the away kit was the Chevron style, so I'm waiting with bated breath to see if you were winging it or not.

I think it's a nice kit. I fail to see what people wanted? I think a lot of complaining just cos they can.

I can't see anything wrong with it either, a nice kit. Again - there isn't much you can do with red and white stripes is there? It's a bit of a change from the norm though and I like that.

The people moaning are the same people that moan about everything else, so it's not much surprise.

I like it. Much prefer it to last years. I like the red socks and the white long sleeves with red wrist bands look nice. The stripey socks of recent years have been terrible. Are the shorts black (they look it) or the navy we used to have? Would prefer the latter.

The shorts are black, but as they are shiny and the photo studio was well lit they look sort of gunmetal or ultramarine in the photo. We need a few more pics to tell if the logos are yellow, gold or amber as well.

Smart move using the red socks to offset the white sleeves.

Kudos to gary r's succinct "wide stripes with white sleeves" from a week or two ago as well. Least convincing genuinely ITK post ever !

saints_shorts_jpg.jpg

Ta, absolutely plain black then, and a yellow, rather than gold, or amber logo.

Away kit has to be yellow and black as rumoured now, I wonder if they'll put it out there with red shorts with a yellow logo to match the home kit so they can use the home and away shorts interchangeably ? Seems like a smart idea, and otherwise the yellow logos are completely incongruous.

I note with interest that you also implied there was something special on the back (was that a guess?) and that the away kit was the Chevron style, so I'm waiting with bated breath to see if you were winging it or not.

What's special on the back?

Am I right in thinking there's no stars?!

What's special on the back?

Am I right in thinking there's no stars?!

Arguably that there's a pointless white bit at the top. Not exactly "special" but worthy of mention if someone had actually seen it.

I still refuse to believe that anyone for a millisecond might have considered there being any stars on it.

To be honest I fail to see what all the excitement about the kit is. Saying we've got a nice kit is almost the same as Lowe saying we've got great catering at the time that we got relegated from the Premier League.

Saints could play in string vests, y-fronts and hobnail boots as far as I'm concerned, its how they play not how they look.

Having said all that, the shirts look alright to me.

Moved this from t'other thread (R.I.P. even though there's loads of away kit speculation in there already...)

slightly disappointed we have not gone back to the deep navy (that they look in the photo).

I'm only just coming to terms with the yellow, give us a chance.

I'm still not 100% sure that the double seam on the side of the shorts doesn't contain a sliver of another colour within, like the away shirt this season has a flash of red running up the side which is hidden inside a double seam.

I can't believe people are still finding out it's a one year kit as well, the Ugly ran an article on this in JUNE 2011 - Saints and Umbro announced it in 2008 !

Arguably that there's a pointless white bit at the top. Not exactly "special" but worthy of mention if someone had actually seen it.

I still refuse to believe that anyone for a millisecond might have considered there being any stars on it.

Wasn't sure if there were any on the back or around the badge. Anything was a possibility up until today so could have had stars on it. Especially since it seemed the club were hinting there would be...

Wasn't sure if there were any on the back or around the badge. Anything was a possibility up until today so could have had stars on it. Especially since it seemed the club were hinting there would be...

Can Championship players be classified as `stars'?

Long sleeved are always £5 more than the short sleeved. Stick a name and number on a long sleeved shirt (like I did last year for the wedding) and this year you're looking at £59.

must have mis-read, i thought the short sleeve was £47

I think it's a nice kit. I fail to see what people wanted? I think a lot of complaining just cos they can.

Or maybe they'd have just preferred something else? I quite like it, but have to repeat something I said months ago. The sash and colours of last season's kit, set us apart from any other club in the English professional game (I think). It stood out. In red and white stripes we're one amongst many.

There must still be a feud going on between The Echo & SFC.

Not a dickie bird about it on The Online Echo site.

Not a good situation at all.

No, not good. A bit of an own goal by the club as they'll miss out on a fair bit of free publicity and marketing. But they seemingly don't want to go down this route (season tickets, match tickets etc) for some unknown reason.

That's a pretty poor photo shop effort on what some have already speculated the kit will be like. Do we know what time it's being released???

There has been a delay at the Umbro supply distribution depot, so announcement on Friday I heard to coincide with delivery.

My money is still on the Keegan style Xerox shirts.

Or maybe they're just slow? They've got the article about Les Reed up there.

Given that the Echo aren't allowed to use Saints logo in their publications or online, it's not beyond the boundaries of suspicion to wonder if they're blocked from showing the image of the new kit. It would certainly not be unlike Saints to retain all image rights so that the only place you can view the kit is on their website. We'll see.

I don't think the picture does it justice really. Looks much better in the video.

I didn't really like the sash at 1st but it grew on you. Eventually i imagine this one will to.

Will be waiting to see the away one before i buy it though.

As of 2.30pm 94% of voters either love it or think its OK - that must be an unprecedented level of acceptance so I'd say the club have done a pretty good job with this one.

While it beats last year's 91.5% approval... the current shirt has a long way to go to match last year's 83% 'Like it'...

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?23154-New-Kit...&highlight=sash

While it beats last year's 91.5% approval... the current shirt has a long way to go to match last year's 83% 'Like it'...

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?23154-New-Kit...&highlight=sash

Different wording though. I "like" this kit, but dont "love" it, so I went with "OK"; where as I felt the same last year, but as "like" it was there, I went with that.

Having seen the kit first hand I can confirm that it is a lot nicer in the flesh than on a computer screen.

There are black zig/zags within the red stripes that look really cool.

The White stripe on the back of the shirt is no where near as bad as the picture makes out, and actually looks really good.

Well I like it, but frankly would have been more than pleased to have retained the sash until we reach the Prem. Not sure if I will buy it - at £45 I'm not sure replica shirts offer great value for money in relation to the amount of wear they get to be honest. I might wait until we get into the Prem and celebrate with a new shirt then.

Missing the sash kit TBH. But then I would imagine the overall majority would have rathered the return of our traditional stripes, and yes MLG I do think our traditional colours are red and white stripes.

This however is a pretty decent effort, it reminds me a little of athletico madrid, and I like that, although I won't be buying it (thinking about it I think I get a free one from this GSR thingy)

Do we get our own kit individually styled by Umbro now ?? Or is it the same as any other teams ??