Be honest...

JustMike

After hearing we were 3 up, I later switched the phone on during a quiet point of the wedding reception I was at (down at The Saints!!!), I had a look on twitter and had resigned myself to accepting a 3-3 draw.

Oh me of little faith. A few Kronenbourgs have since been downed!!!!

I was mocked for saying this last time but I didn't have the same resigned sense of inevitability that previously existed. Yes it was tense but I always feel now we are a threat for getting more goals, and from anywhere on the team as well.

I have lost my fear/ terminal pessimism. At least for now, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts

I was at work with BBC Videprinter on, and when I got a chance had a look at the text updates. When it went 3-2 I thought oh god no don't let us start doing that again. but after 10-mins had a look at the text updates & seemed to be back on top again, so relaxed a little & then Lallana struck. This team is made of sterner stuff, but for us fans fear of years of blowing it big style will take a long time to erase.

I was at work with BBC Videprinter on, and when I got a chance had a look at the text updates. When it went 3-2 I thought oh god no don't let us start doing that again. but after 10-mins had a look at the text updates & seemed to be back on top again, so relaxed a little & then Lallana struck. This team is made of sterner stuff, but for us fans fear of years of blowing it big style will take a long time to erase.

Ditto Ditto ....at work and F5 ing BBC text which automatically refreshes itself anyway and being sober ..... not something I recommend !!

Luckily Dubai Phil was sending me texts ... but in a way not knowing if it was going to be good or bad news made me even more in need of a beer!!

The last time this sort of thing hapened - well, didn't happen, as it turned out - I ended up throwing my netbook at the wall as we conceded in the 90th minute. This time I watched Shooting Stars on Sky+ and watched scored updates every now and then via Twitter. A strategy I shall be repeating.

I was bricking it for the 5 minutes after they got it back to 3-2 and weren't too far away from equalising at one point. When Lallana banged in the 4th I just instinctively ran into the aisle, turned away from the pitch and dropped to my knees with my arms out wide pumping the air. Looked back on that 5 minutes later and couldn't believe I did it. Not my style at all. Pure ecstacy!

It will take a LONG time for the 'here we go' feelings to disappear... it's not just a Saints thing but a football thing that most teams suffer at some time or another, we've just had a few high profile ones!

That said, we're going about it the right way and it's certainly a lot, lot less likely to happen now than ever before in my living memory. The determination, belief and resilience in the side, whether it's to break down a stubborn defence or hold on to a narrow lead, is superb.

In many ways at 3-2 last night was not that different to the last 10 minutes vs Barnsley. We did what we had to do and saw it out... last night we just had more time to actually go and score again which helped no end.

I was bricking it for the 5 minutes after they got it back to 3-2 and weren't too far away from equalising at one point. When Lallana banged in the 4th I just instinctively ran into the aisle, turned away from the pitch and dropped to my knees with my arms out wide pumping the air. Looked back on that 5 minutes later and couldn't believe I did it. Not my style at all. Pure ecstacy!

At Tesco?

I was watching the Arse match with the kids and keeping an eye on the score with my Sky Scorecentre iPhone App. Unfortunately it was updating rather slowly so the little exclamation icon on the "My Scores" button kept popping up first to tell me something had happened. When it popped up for the sixth time at 3-2 I had to look through half closed eyes! Nearly woke the missus when I saw we'd got a fourth.