Bridge to Championship ?

tizz

Even if Saints needed another left back,would Citeeh pay his 75K a week wages?

They'll have to pay a fairly substantial portion of it if he ends up in the Championship, whichever club he ends up at won't be willing/able to pay most of that.

Still, not a hope in hell of coming here. And from what I've been hearing about Danny Fox, I'm not even sure I'd want him here. Look forwards, not backwards.

I think he would come here, I think we would definitely be interested...BUT, I can't see us signing him due to already having about 30 players vying for the left back position!

Why???

Absolutely brilliant celebration, love it. Remember that at the time and thinking that is exactly what any saints fan would do scoring against the skates.

His mum and dad used to get the train from Winchester to most of the away games, remember them celebrating coming back from Middlesbrough I think when Bridge had just got his first England call up in around 2001/02

What is wrong with you people. Of course we should get him back, along with Beattie, Baird, McGoldrick, One-Size, that Spanish bloke that should have come to us but went to Blackburn and disappeared. All of them. Get them in.

given a long run in any Championship side and Bridger will be fit, pacey and the best left back in the league. At West Ham he looked off the pace, but who wouldn't against the best sides around and after sitting on the sidelines for years?

given a long run in any Championship side and Bridger will be fit, pacey and the best left back in the league. At West Ham he looked off the pace, but who wouldn't against the best sides around and after sitting on the sidelines for years?

Not if he's a) got no drive and b) more interested in his Saturday nights. The Guardian article does seem to paint a picture of someone who is not interested in playing football anymore.

He is utter gash now

When was the last time he was at least average for 3 games in a row..??

Crikey, l was in a minority when I said Bridge had utterly lost it a few months back but some of you psychopaths insisted that because he still had a premier league badge on his sleeve that he was good. Quelle surprise at that article.. he has been utter tripe for about 3 years....

Not if he's a) got no drive and b) more interested in his Saturday nights. The Guardian article does seem to paint a picture of someone who is not interested in playing football anymore.

Agree it certainly sounds that way, and it doesn't sound like he's willing to move elsewhere and help himself, BUT it is easy to get stuck in a rut when you are in the wrong working environment. Obviously the money he’s on must help make it a lot easier for him to put up with things, but I don’t think a person should be written off just because of their current performance when it’s clearly down to a mental problem rather than a physical issue. If he ‘wanted’ to get back on track he could.

A few years ago I got a job which I thought was going to be alright but the people I worked with were awful and it really really got me down. I lost all motivation, I Just couldn’t be bothered, I even got put on a performance improvement plan with the threat of them taking disciplinary action. Had I stayed with that company I have no doubt I would have ended up getting the boot, not because I wasn’t any good, I could do the job, I just didn’t fit into their team. I was lucky enough to get myself a different job which has turned out to be the best job I have had.

Bridge just needs to (a) want to be on the bus and (b) find a bus where he fits in. Sadly at the moment it doesn't look like he wants to be on anyones bus and even if he did I don't think our bus would be the one for him.