Best non goal scoring moment at St Marys

Daren W

After the thread asking for the best goal scored at St Marys I thought I'd ask what's your favourite non goal scoring moment?

Not every magic moment has to result in a goal....

For me there's numerous Adam Lallana moments that just get your off your seat but it has to be Ricky Lambert's volley against Boro. Brilliant build up, stunning poise and skill.

What's yours?

Just being there for The First Premiership Match V Chelsea .... not living in UK, it was my first viewing of the ground with my own eyes and when I saw it from outside close up and then got to my seat in Block 1 I thought Goodbye my old friend The Dell and RIP - but we have finally arrived in the big time.

Even though we lost 2-0 I was so glad to have been there.

Jaidi last season when he tackled a player, ran round a few, charged up the pitch, knocked the ball out wide, thundered into the box and put his header over the bar from a few yards.

Any of the mass pitch invasions, they are always good.

Kevin Keegan bicycle kick from the edge of the box and scores. Only for the goal to be ruled out for off side - If my memory is right.

My Dad always talks about that as the best bit of skill he ever saw. Would love to see a video of it. (Although strictly speaking it doesn't count as it wasn't at St. Mary's)

Niemi in the oppositions box for a corner. Controls the ball with his chest and volleys just over the bar - Class

Or

Kevin Keegan bicycle kick from the edge of the box and scores. Only for the goal to be ruled out for off side - If my memory is right.

You might just want to re read the Fred title :D

Against Charlton 2 years ago, walking down Britannia Road (I think) where all the away coaches are situated after a 1-0 win (Antonio scored) there was a fat ginger chav on the away supporters bus giving it the w***** signs and the big come on, when a copper jumped on the bus and arrested him. He had no idea and the look on his face told it all......

Fabrice Fernandez's no one around him dive impression after one of the Everton? players had taken a tumble. Earnt him a yellow card but very funny.

Around the same sort of time, perhaps even in the same game, I remember Fernandes taking a corner in the Chapel-Kingsland corner and somehow managing to run at it at an angle which meant he ran into and kicked the corner flag.

At St Marys:

- any penalty miss by the other team

- 'who's the w#nker with the flag' v Blackpool when it was pretty windy

- The Tango Man v Bully dance-off v Sheff Weds at the evening game

- The (almost) cheer when We#twood first rang his bell at the LC night game v Pompey - followed by 'you can stick your f#ckin bell up your a#se'.

- The bionic woman steward - if you saw her run then you will remember...

The day Rupert Lowe packed up his train painting and left the building for the last time ...

Followed by an even better moment when dear Markus first walked into the building ...

The day Nigel Adkins parked his bus outside and walked into the building for the first time was pretty special too ...

It's as simple as that ...:D

Just being there for The First Premiership Match V Chelsea .... not living in UK, it was my first viewing of the ground with my own eyes and when I saw it from outside close up and then got to my seat in Block 1 I thought Goodbye my old friend The Dell and RIP - but we have finally arrived in the big time.

Even though we lost 2-0 I was so glad to have been there.

I was also there and recall a similar feeling.

At St Marys:

- The (almost) cheer when We#twood first rang his bell at the LC night game v Pompey - followed by 'you can stick your f#ckin bell up your a#se'.

Was brilliant when it got taken off him and a chant of 'ding dong ding dong, where's your bell gone?' was funny

Completely forgot about this. Hilarious

Owens missed penalty after he dived and Brightons missed pen last season

'Stand up, for Alan Ball'

Stand up if you want Lowe out v Ipswich - whole ground did it real statement.

Going 1-0 down v shef utd, never seen so many stand up and encourage the lads after conceding a goal.

Tahars attempted murder of dyer in a nothing last game of the season match and putting him out of the world cup.

So overrated it's untrue. Watch the video. It's a good volley, but not a bicycle kick, he leaves the ground after he's kicked the ball for some reason! Many, many better goals scored by Saints players. Delaps bicycle kick was a million times more impressive, as are all of Crouches for various clubs. it just gets remembered because it was Keegan, at a time when saints were very good, and it was ruled out.

Having just seen the video (thanks for that for_heaven_saint), I have to disagree. Indeed it wasn't strictly a bicycle kick, but the way he's caught it, the placement, the fact he is completely facing away from goal - incredible technique imo.

Can't believe it was disallowed.

Stand up if you want Lowe out v Ipswich - whole ground did it real statement.

Was cleaning the car in Sholing listening to that on the radio. The commentator sounded scandalised by it. Was the turning point (though turned into a false dawn)

Tahars attempted murder of dyer in a nothing last game of the season match and putting him out of the world cup.

hehehehehehe. Couldnt have happened to a more deserving player.

When Tahar killed Kieran Dyer and put him out of the world cup

sicknote kieran dyer rolled about 20 feet on the ground into the penalty box .

jason dodd scoring against skates from a corner kick.

james beattie cupping his hand to his ear , in front of the pompey fans after scoring,

The chants of 'One team in Hampshire' against Skates in the cup....never heard passion and noise like it, in any sport, at any venue! I turned round to see my friends in tears. Years of suffering seemed to be ending, although the result didn't go our way I knew we were on our way back.

At St Marys:

- any penalty miss by the other team

- 'who's the w#nker with the flag' v Blackpool when it was pretty windy

- The Tango Man v Bully dance-off v Sheff Weds at the evening game

Christ yes, well remembered. I was a block 2 stalwart back then and the whole of blocks 1-3 were singing "he's got bigger t*ts than you" at Tango man. Also remember the two of them shaking hands and having a chat at the front during half time. Good spirit and what football's all about IMO.

I got to that game late and desperate for a p*ss. As I was in there I heard the distant cheering which could only mean an away goal. Cheesed off, I walked up to my seat. Just as I came out the stair well into the stadium, I saw Skacel scored what I thought was the equaliser. After a bit of cheering I walked up to my seat and it wasn't until a few minutes later I looked at the score board and it was 0-0. Both goals had been disallowed without me realising.

• 3 weeks later...