Saints Sign Reading Centre Back

Greenridge

Does anyone know who this trialist is as mentioned in the echo, scored against Hoddles 11, Molami Bokoto ??

http://www.soccerdata.net/BokotoMolami/34011742

Bokoto, Molami (M C)

Club: LOSC

Nation: France - Uncapped

Date of Birth: 10.06.1990

Estimated Value: Not Much

Ability: Sunday League

Potential: Passable

Bokoto, Molami is a soccer (football) player. Currently playing for LOSC in France. His best position is M C and he uses his right foot predominantly. He is a model professional within the game,

Good that we got defender on loan but we need a right back, its obvious to me that James isn't good enough in that position and although suggested in this thread that Cork can play their, it isn't his best position (centre back or midfield).

I've slated James but he played pretty well on Tuesday. Miond you he didn't have a pcey winger making him look silly. Cork had a great game at CB but he has looked equally at home at right back. Cork actually was bullied by Morrison when the keeper punted it forward, we could do with a CB that bullies attackers. I wonder if this fella Pearce will do that.

Why we didn't sort this out as soon as Lancashire suspended I will never know.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1229772,00.html

READING KIDS JOIN ON LOAN

Posted on: Thu 31 Jan 2008

GLENN Roeder this morning made it three loan signings in less than 24-hours by securing the services of teenage Reading stars Alex Pearce and James Henry.

Pearce, a centre back, and Henry, a winger, arrive just hours after the Canaries' boss added Middlesbrough defender Matthew Bates to his squad.

Pearce, 19, is described as a dominant centre back with strong aerial presence and an eye for goal. He made his debut for the Royals in an FA Cup win over Burnley last season, his only senior appearance for Reading to date.

A Scottish youth international, Pearce also spent time on loan at Northampton last season, making 15 league appearances and scoring one goal. This season he was also loaned to Bournemouth, where he played 11 times.

0,,10355~3549934,00.jpg

http://www.soccerdata.net/BokotoMolami/34011742

Bokoto, Molami (M C)

Club: LOSC

Nation: France - Uncapped

Date of Birth: 10.06.1990

Estimated Value: Not Much

Ability: Sunday League

Potential: Passable

Bokoto, Molami is a soccer (football) player. Currently playing for LOSC in France. His best position is M C and he uses his right foot predominantly. He is a model professional within the game,

Wee bit of confusion hereabouts;

Molami is in the Lille U18 squad, he's not in their first team squad or their CFA (reserve squad)

Model footballer might be right, model professional probably is a bit wide of the mark.

Not to be confused with morgan at Strasbourg who was in their first team squad. As was Gasmi;

Bayesa can't get into the first team at Lille.

how did Bournemouth fair with him at the back? I know they were relegated but they went on a great run last season - was he playing during that run?

Was Bennett not available?

Name: Alan Bennett (on loan to Brentford)

Nationality: Rep of Ireland

Date of Birth: 04/10/1981

Height: 6' 2" (187cm)

Weight: 12st 8lbs (80.0kg)

Previous

Clubs: Brentford (loan), Southampton (loan), Cork

Position: Defender

Irish international centre half who became the third player to join from Cork City when he signed in January 2007.

Had gained plenty of experience at Turner's Cross, playing in the UEFA Cup in their successful team.

His first few months at Reading were spent playing for the reserves, and he earned a call-up to Steve Staunton's full Ireland squad, playing every minute of two post-season games in America.

In 2007/8 he started the season on loan at Southampton, and performed well for the Saints after a difficult start. Came back to Reading and was on the bench for the League game at Chelsea.

Ended the season on loan at Brentford, and again joined the Bees in the summer of 2008 on a loan deal until January.

Well we're defintiely short at the back, so here's hoping.

What's the deal with loans as I thought someone on here said we had already used our full quota up????

And Chez, if you cast your mind back to last season, it took a bit of time to get Wright sorted out when we were struggling for keepers. Sometimes it's not just as easy as picking up the phone to rent-a-centre half, so maybe we should just be grateful that our defensive frailties have at last appeared on someone's radar.

What's the deal with loans as I thought someone on here said we had already used our full quota up????

The quota is about how many you're allowed to field per game, I think it's no more than 5 loan deals in a match day squad.

So we could go with Gasmi, Cork, Robertson, Smith and Pearce but then Pekhart would have to sit in the stands.

And Chez, if you cast your mind back to last season, it took a bit of time to get Wright sorted out when we were struggling for keepers. Sometimes it's not just as easy as picking up the phone to rent-a-centre half, so maybe we should just be grateful that our defensive frailties have at last appeared on someone's radar.

There is no quota for how many loans you can have at the club (except how many from one club), only how many can be listed on the team sheet. The Brentford forum has an extract from the FL rules which provides all the information. I believe however that loans from non-English clubs do not count as "standard" loans, so Gasmi is not counted, for instance.

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55637

If I have read it correctly, Pearce must be classed as an Emergency Loan, otherwise an early recall clause is not permitted in the first half of the season. This might suggest that Killer will not be back for a while, as with Thomas long-term injured we only really have 2 other recognised CBs, Perry and Lancs (I know others can play there if necessary).

If he stays until January, hopefully that will tide us over until Thomas is fit (if he is ever fit/allowed to play for us/not sold etc)

Hopefully this will allow us to play Cork at RB permanently. With Morgan fit, we have him Surman, Gillett and Wotton for CM, plus Euell and Pulis. Cork won't be needed in the middle.

What does worry me is this potential scenario: We get a settled back four of Cork, Pearce, Perry, Rudi, and finally look okay at the back.

What happens when Cork and Pearce head back to their parent clubs and we're left with no defence again? I'm all for taking players on loan initially to see if they are any good, but the open of extending it for the season would be helpful. All part of the fun and games at SMS at the moment I guess.

Underwhelmed.

Ooh, SaintRobbie's learnt a new word.

Pearce will be a great player for us, i've mentioned his name on here a couple of times such as in the HCDAJFU thread. Great young prospect, strong and good in the air. Will work very well alongside Perry at the back I think, allowing Cork to move to right back. I'm guessing we'll look like this at the back:

Cork--Perry--Pearce--Mills/Surman/Skacel

Which looks decent to me, as Lancashire is too lightweight and not ready yet. Maybe if our defence stops leaking we can concentrate on attacking football and actually score goals and collect points? Although I doubt that's going to happen any time soon...

If he stays until January, hopefully that will tide us over until Thomas is fit (if he is ever fit/allowed to play for us/not sold etc)

Thomas is not expected to be fit for 7 months, he has just had his cruciate repaired and has several micro fractures.....he told me this himself so pretty much factual ;-)

What does worry me is this potential scenario: We get a settled back four of Cork, Pearce, Perry, Rudi, and finally look okay at the back.

What happens when Cork and Pearce head back to their parent clubs and we're left with no defence again? I'm all for taking players on loan initially to see if they are any good, but the open of extending it for the season would be helpful.

Another problem with such a transient squad is that the fans struggle to build any sort of relationship with the players. We have next to no songs for any of players, mostly because none have been here longer than five minutes and the only ones to ever stay are the ones nobody else wants (ie they are ****) so hardly likely to become fans favourites.

Mind you if it means getting players of the quality of Cork, even for just three months, then I'm all for it.

Thomas is not expected to be fit for 7 months, he has just had his cruciate repaired and has several micro fractures.....he told me this himself so pretty much factual ;-)

Not doubting you, but why on earth is this information not on the Saints website? Why would the club think the fans would not want to know about this?

Riiiiiight... the same Reading who went from 11,000 average crowd to 24,000 sell outs in their promotion season.... :-S

Dammit, Crab Lungs! I've just spent the last ten minutes looking for the original post of someone registered on here as 'One of the numpties...etc.'

Not doubting you, but why on earth is this information not on the Saints website? Why would the club think the fans would not want to know about this?

No idea but he was at the recent reserve game against Brighton on crutches and I asked him as he walked by as to what he had done and how long he was out for.

There were a few others there as well who heard it but no idea if they post on here.

No idea but he was at the recent reserve game against Brighton on crutches and I asked him as he walked by as to what he had done and how long he was out for.

There were a few others there as well who heard it but no idea if they post on here.

Ithink his wages are covered under the insurance, I do hope so anyway.

When will people stop making Surman out to be something he is not,he is an average player.

he's a very alented player who has been played all over the place in a team playing very badly. This has been going on for ALL of his (still brief) career.

If he leaves we will regret it one day..

Pearce was immense for us yesterday. Not just with the goal, but was strong in the air. Despite that, we still looked weak at a couple of set pieces towards the end of the first half.

What really impressed me, given that he is only 19, is the way he organised things at the back. He was constantly talking to Olly and the full backs and generally making sure that the rest of the defence was doing what they should be doing!

We did look much more stable when Cork moved to right back in the second half, and JP should stick to the team that started the second half against Bristol City on Saturday.

Now any chance we can find some money to buy Pearce in January?

I hope the reason that all the negative posters on this thread aren't posting their apologies to Alex now is that they're too busy eating their own words :D

Alex will be a great player for us, I know it's not so reliable to label him as key after one game, but he's a very consistent performer. And long may his form continue!

Guess Killers not coming back as quick as we'd hope

Sorry but can we stop this Killer worship. Yes he was a very good player but now he's not. Please please can we move on. We won't be a good team based on memories !!!

Nice guy, motivational but a shadow of the player he once was !!