Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Burke from Brum for RM more assists than anyone else in the division this season.

Really, I'm very surprised at the stat if true. Looks a hugely overrated player, good skill but goes down blind alleys and has no end product, was dire last night and also against us at St Andrews in the snow. Ince and Phillips showed him up last night. I think Ince would be a superb signing, reminds me of Ronaldo the way he runs and will develop into a great player (just a pity he is his father's son). Will be interesting if Blackpool don't go up to see if they take up the option for a 3rd year in order to bump up his price.

Ince and Phillips showed him up last night. I think Ince would be a superb signing, reminds me of Ronaldo the way he runs and will develop into a great player (just a pity he is his father's son).
Yeah, that bothers me too. I hate paul ince, and I think that like oxo, ince would be influenced away from the club in favour of man u or Liverpool after one good season. To be honest though, I haven't seen enough of him to know if he's as good as I've heard.

Would love to sign Phillips. Read in a paper a week or so ago that Reading are going to bid £1 million for him

With parachute payments Blackpool are not in a position where they need to sell. Can see him being a fair bit more than a million

We need pace.

We like young English players.

We like players who share our team ethic.

We like players who will fit with our approach and style...

Shell out £10m and bring Theo home!

While I do know you're joking he won't sign for the Arse because he allegedly wants upwards of 100k weekly :o Don't think so somehow lol

While I do know you're joking he won't sign for the Arse because he allegedly wants upwards of 100k weekly :o Don't think so somehow lol

This is an interesting problem...

At what point do we start paying £50-£100k per week?

Because if, as he claims, the Chairman wants to challenge for the Champion's League, we will need Champion's League standard players.

I would love to think we can get things done early but every year it seems to drag on! Cant see us getting English players as clubs ramp up prices as we know and NC doesnt budge!! Interesting summer! J Rod will go for 8m if Burnley get their way!

Is he really worth it??

8 million for J-Rod? no way is he worth that much. Newcastle got Pa**** Cissé for 9-10m and he had proven himself in a top league.

Don't get me wrong Rodriguez would be a good signing, just not at anything near that price.

8 million for J-Rod? no way is he worth that much. Newcastle got Pa**** Cissé for 9-10m and he had proven himself in a top league.

Don't get me wrong Rodriguez would be a good signing, just not at anything near that price.

Rumour has it that that's about what Everton are offering for him.

Rumour has it that that's about what Everton are offering for him.

Everton can have him at that price.

Also, here is the simon cox rumour from todays daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2139749/Southampton-ramp-bid-sign-Simon-Cox.html

Southampton have added West Bromwich Albion striker Simon Cox to their list of potential targets.

The 25-year-old could be available for around £3million.

Blackburn's Yakubu, Blackpool's Matt Phillips and Celtic's Gary Hooper, are also options.

£3m? Really?

Edited by MOSaint

I'm not sure Simon Cox (WBA reject) is very exciting.

Don't write him off. If he does join, he's exactly the type of player that will thrive in this environment under a manager like Adkins.

Trust the powers that be. After all, we have no reason to doubt them.

Don't forget Cox was the man who matched Lamberts 29 league goals the season before we signed the latter. At the time I would have absolutely loved to have signed both, but being so much younger he was always likely to attract attention higher up. Is he better or different to Sharp, Barnard, Guly or Lee? I don't know.

Edited by Lighthouse

Don't forget Fox was the man who matched Lamberts 29 league goals the season before we signed the latter. At the time I would have absolutely loved to have signed both, but being so much younger he was always likely to attract attention higher up. Is he better or different to Sharp, Barnard, Guly or Lee? I don't know.

Nit bad for a LB

Zaha linked with Hofenheim for £4m.

Slightly different to the £10m that was mooted in January. Probably a good indication as to how clubs should modify their expectations (ie Burnley and £8m for JR.).

Would people take Anelka on a one year deal? Seems to have made a bad move to China, thought he was playing well at Chelsea and still don't know why they got rid, maybe him and Torres is too much for a team who mainly play a single striker.

Seems to have matured well and isn't the spoilt brat that he was 10 years ago.....33 years old and could do a job for a season imo and would love to get back into the limelight of the PL again....

I know he isnt 'one for the future' which people bang on about but will need experianced prem players in there somewhere. Anyway will never happen......haha