Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Would people take Anelka on a one year deal? Seems to have made a bad move to China, thought he was playing well at Chelsea and still don't know why they got rid, maybe him and Torres is too much for a team who mainly play a single striker.

Seems to have matured well and isn't the spoilt brat that he was 10 years ago.....33 years old and could do a job for a season imo and would love to get back into the limelight of the PL again....

I know he isnt 'one for the future' which people bang on about but will need experianced prem players in there somewhere. Anyway will never happen......haha

Poor attitude / big time charlie / sulker etc etc. Don't think he would fit in with our ethos imo..

Would people take Anelka on a one year deal? Seems to have made a bad move to China, thought he was playing well at Chelsea and still don't know why they got rid, maybe him and Torres is too much for a team who mainly play a single striker.

Seems to have matured well and isn't the spoilt brat that he was 10 years ago.....33 years old and could do a job for a season imo and would love to get back into the limelight of the PL again....

I know he isnt 'one for the future' which people bang on about but will need experianced prem players in there somewhere. Anyway will never happen......haha

He is player / ass. manager for Shanghai Shenhua F.C.

allegedly being paid £200,000 a week!

I think he looked really good tbf. Think he is still a Reading player though.

Not only is he a Reading player, but he was not amongst the 13 players that they have released which included several first teamers. So they clearly think he has a future with them in the PL, or they have already had an acceptable offer from elsewhere (Wednesday).

RE: Antonio, I don't get the argument that he has done it in League 1 therefore he can't do it at a higher level. If he hadn't done it in League 1 then you'd probably have a case, just because Reading loaned him out that doesn't mean he's a bad player. People were saying the same about Adam Le Fondre in League 2 a year ago. 'He's already 23, he's only a League 2 striker' etc. That one came back to bite us on the arse a bit.

To be fair I think he would do a better job than De ridder

RE: Antonio, I don't get the argument that he has done it in League 1 therefore he can't do it at a higher level. If he hadn't done it in League 1 then you'd probably have a case, just because Reading loaned him out that doesn't mean he's a bad player. People were saying the same about Adam Le Fondre in League 2 a year ago. 'He's already 23, he's only a League 2 striker' etc. That one came back to bite us on the arse a bit.

Yeah, that bothers me too. I hate paul ince, and I think that like oxo, ince would be influenced away from the club in favour of man u or Liverpool after one good season. To be honest though, I haven't seen enough of him to know if he's as good as I've heard.

I think that's a very good point but still reckon we should go all out to get him because I am equally sure he would give everything while he was here.

Remember seeing an interview with a young Ince at West Ham (think he was still a YTS recruit at the time) and was extremely disappointed by the attitude that came across - didn't seem to be bothered whether he made it or not. However, everything I saw subsequently seemed to show exactly the opposite - one of those players you hated but wished you had in your side.

However, Thomas already looks a very mature player, looks hungry, is quick and IMO is just the player we need, would fit in straight away and would complement and enhance the style we've been playing. If we are in danger of only keeping him for a year it's only the situation we will face with any other player of his quality.

My brother is an avid Manchester United fan and is lead to believe that Fabio will almost defiantly be available for loan next seen. Bags of pace and likes to attack which would suit our style of play. I would of thought fergie would want him to play for a passing side and see no reason why we shouldn't throw everything at getting him.

My brother is an avid Manchester United fan and is lead to believe that Fabio will almost defiantly be available for loan next seen. Bags of pace and likes to attack which would suit our style of play. I would of thought fergie would want him to play for a passing side and see no reason why we shouldn't throw everything at getting him.

Was he lead to believe it by the news? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17719222

Would be perfect, young, hungry and has serious potential. Can't see us getting him though, too far from his brother.

what a ludacris reason why not to get him..ffs

Why? I'd expect quite a few prem clubs to be after him. If you were him or fergie would you choose a newly promoted team 300 miles away from your twin and friends or a established prem club in the north? If we were buying him then it would be different as wages and contracts come more into play. Twins are normally very close!

Why? I'd expect quite a few prem clubs to be after him. If you were him or fergie would you choose a newly promoted team 300 miles away from your twin and friends or a established prem club in the north? If we were buying him then it would be different as wages and contracts come more into play.

christ, you make out that we are in another country

christ, you make out that we are in another country

Mate I'd love it If I was wrong and he did come down here but if I was in his position at his age and had to go out on loan I'd choose somewhere close if two similar teams came in for me.

What about Kenwyne Jones? Controverisal I know, yes he went on strike but think he could be a useful cover for Lambert.

I wouldn't want him near this club again, we have a different type of player here these days. Not ****s.

+ If we were to buy another striker, they'd need to be better than Lambert.

Edited by S-Clarke

I wouldn't want him near this club again, we have a different type of player here these days. Not ****s.

+ If we were to buy another striker, they'd need to be better than Lambert.

Agree 100% - We are way beyond anything he could add to us nowadays anyway.

I said the other night that I'd sign Chris Eagles from Bolton after watching the Bolton v Spurs game and now seeing Bolton on MOTD, he again is their stand out player by the look of things. Plenty of confidence and not afraid to have a shot. I just think that him & Matt Phillips would sort our RM out instantly.

Adam Bogdan would be a decent 'keeper to bring in if Bolton do indeed go down.

Agreed. People talk about Schmeichel a lot but Bogdan has been an excellent stand-in for Bolton this year and is still pretty young. Would be a good understudy for Kelvin for 1/2 years then a starter imo.

£2.5m-£3m should be enough if they go down I think.

Agreed. People talk about Schmeichel a lot but Bogdan has been an excellent stand-in for Bolton this year and is still pretty young. Would be a good understudy for Kelvin for 1/2 years then a starter imo.

£2.5m-£3m should be enough if they go down I think.

Not sure we would pay £3 million for an understudy.

Not many transfer rumours today, must mean we are signing someone. :p

Adkins to keep things the same

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins has no intention of overhauling his squad following promotion and thinks he has a strong enough group to cope.

May as well close this thread...... No signings imo

http://www.teamtalk.com/southampton/7723809/Adkins-to-keep-things-the-same

Rumours that Chelsea may well loan out Romeu next season. Would be worth a loan for sure.

depends who their manager is next season I guess.Think Chelsea might have a bit of a clear out soon,either the old hands who seem to rock the boat a bit or the young players who've been brought in on whims by one manager or another and who don't get any first team game time.