Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Joe Lewis has been released by Peterborough, I always thought he was quite good?

As for Moses/Hoilett, they'll both be snapped up by teams like Newcastle/Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham so we don't have any chance.

He's not great. I wouldn't want to sign any of P'boro's back 5 to be fair.

They've shown they're pretty useless when it comes to keeping the ball out of the net!

I thought Ryan Bennett was their better player, but he has been awful for Norwich - totally out of his depth and constantly giving away goals. No one should go near P'boro defenders!

Davis

Clyne Davies/Tomkins Jos Fox

Jarvis Guthrie Schneiderlin Lallana

Hooper Lambert

New Keeper, Fonte, Cork, Lee ,Sharp

Davies or Tomkins based on who doesn't go up. Not too sure on Clyne though, haven't seen much of him. It would be good having Baird back.

Joe Lewis has been released by Peterborough.

He's not great. I wouldn't want to sign any of P'boro's back 5 to be fair.

They've shown they're pretty useless when it comes to keeping the ball out of the net!

Joe Lewis wasn't even in Peterborough's back five this season. Paul Jones was their first choice keeper.

Davis

Hooper Lambert

Davies or Tomkins based on who doesn't go up. Not too sure on Clyne though, haven't seen much of him. It would be good having Baird back.

Not too sure about Baird. He was ok for Fulham for a season but he was raped at full back in this league. I don't think he was ever a great full back for us either, much better as a right sided CB - but he doesn't solve the issue of a lack of pace at the back, which is why we need to look elsewhere.

Joe Lewis has been released by Peterborough, I always thought he was quite good?

As for Moses/Hoilett, they'll both be snapped up by teams like Newcastle/Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham so we don't have any chance.

Joe lewis would be such good back up to super kelv next season, and will only get better with age.

Davis

Hooper Lambert

Seven subs remember!

Joe lewis would be such good back up to super kelv next season, and will only get better with age.

This, great shot stopper but slightly error prone of late, Davis has had his own crisis of confidences before, could be a great little signing that.

Tomkins is a player I have liked the look of for ages, but cant see him leaving WHU

All free........(from AV site)

Nicklas Bendtner - Currently on loan at Sunderland from Arsenal whom he has declared he will never played for again. *A powerful young forward (24) with undeniable talent, but who’s brash confidence to date could easily leave him branded arrogant. *Any club looking to secure his services will need to offset an ego against the potential for a very potent top flight striker. *Whilst there is a decent striker in there, it is also reasonable to assume that he will demand top wages also. *Would he be worth the investment or the hassle?

Hugo Rodallega - A player who impresses from afar but whom can equally frustrate his own sides supporters through indifferent performances and alleged anonymity*during games. *However, Rodellega is arguably a fine player lost in a hard working but ultimately poor Wigan side. *Technically very gifted and with Premier League experience, perhaps Hugo on a freebie to bolster the Villa attack would be a justified gamble?

Pavel Pogrebnyak - At 28 the imposing Russian has emerged onto the Premier League scene with an impressive start to his Fulham career. *Powerful and a proven goalscorer at both domestic and European level (St. Petersburg) he is available for nothing this summer following a*disappointing*spell in the Bundesliga with Stuttgart. *Villa’s biggest problem might be that he has better offers following decent early showings at Craven Cottage.

Tranquillo Barnetta - This 26 year old Swiss international midfielder is currently plying his trade at Bayer Leverkusan. *Strongly linked with Newcastle last season he would offer a creative edge to the side being happy operating as a winger. *However, he is adaptable and can play a deeper holding role if required. *Acquiring a player of Barnetta’s quality would likely be hard work, but he has already demonstrated an interest in possible moves to Premiership teams who are not necessarily challenging for honours.

Hedwiges Maduro - Former Ajax youngster currently plying his trade at Valencia in Spain, securing Maduro’s services would indeed be a coup. *However, not beyond the realms of possibility as whilst he has been a consistent performer he has not reached the heights that a top European club demands. *This is not to say that Maduro is a bad player, more that he has been deployed across the back four much in the manner that Carlos Cuellar has to date. *Maduro would bring experience and much needed versatility to the Aston Villa defence, as well as perhaps a point to prove!

Pau Cendros Lopez - A 23 year old defender who currently plays for RCD Mallorca and has broken into the team following numerous loan spells throughout his youth development. *His availability on a free can only be described as a bargain, particularly as he would come fully developed to La Liga standard and would offer something else into an otherwise abject Villa defence. *The likelihood is that Cendros is on the radar of a number of European clubs of similar calibre to Villa, so any moves would need to be hasty.

Michele Canini - A solid and straightforward central defender soon to be out of contract with Serie A outfit Cagliari. *With Villa needing some measure of stability at centre half, and an alternative to throwing the kids in, Canini at 26 would offer something more assured. *The player has however been courting interest from AS Roma since January 2012, thus the ship could well have already sailed.

Lasse Schone - An exciting attacking right footed midfielder currently playing for NEC in the Netherlands. *A late developer (25) it is only in the most recent seasons has his career emerged from the wilderness. *Following a successful promotion with De Graafshap he was purchased by NEC and has since gone on to make his full international debut for Denmark (scoring) against Chile. *Interestingly Schone has expressed a desire to move to pastures new and has already rebutted Feyenoord. *Schone’s services would be very welcome at Villa Park - and all for the cost of his wages.

Very unlikely but if we could sign 3 players of this quality I'd feel we could do well in the prem. Probably obtainable under £10 million.

Park Ji Sung - under £3 million

Matt Jarvis - £4-7million maybe

Junior Hoilett - free with small compensation for his age

Park is a hard battler in midfield never stops chasing the opposition and plenty of top flight prem experience.

Jarvis is arguably Wolves best player always a threat with a great end product and pace.

Hoilett is young, skilful and forever improving.

As I say these are unlikely but if we could pull off coups like this we would really mean business

Seven subs remember!

It might just be me but I can't wait for this again. Hated the fact 5 subs has been implemented across the football league, stupid rule and in terms of saints meant many of our brighter prospects gain little to none first team experience.

Riquelme and Berbatov ? Silly season it is then !!

FWIW I cant see why everyone writes off S Fletcher, good player in a poor team still scoring goals, both feet great in the air and readonably quick, Jarvis too as a wide man.

We also need a proven CB and a decent midfielder to replace hammond, not necessarily goal scoring as we play with a more conservative CM pairing but someone with a decent all round engine.

As for @fourth_official ge is normally on the ball a lot of enquiries happen they dont all come off.

S Fltecher - not a bad shout.

Scored more headed goals than any other Premiership player this season.

I'll mention it one last time. If we're looking for a GK - MacGregor?

Mulgrew would be a great addition as well.

Any sense in looking at Danny Wilson as well?

Very unlikely but if we could sign 3 players of this quality I'd feel we could do well in the prem. Probably obtainable under £10 million.

Park Ji Sung - under £3 million

Matt Jarvis - £4-7million maybe

Junior Hoilett - free with small compensation for his age

Park is a hard battler in midfield never stops chasing the opposition and plenty of top flight prem experience.

Jarvis is arguably Wolves best player always a threat with a great end product and pace.

Hoilett is young, skilful and forever improving.

As I say these are unlikely but if we could pull off coups like this we would really mean business

Park for £3m? The same Park Ji-Sung who moved to Man Utd for more than that and started tonight against Man City?!

Park for £3m? The same Park Ji-Sung who moved to Man Utd for more than that and started tonight against Man City?!

He is 31 years old and only plays big games. Ferguson has let a lot of players go on the cheap. Gibson and Obertan to name two. Bare in mind that Fletcher, Anderson and Cleverly are all currently injured and if they hold onto Pogba he will have even more competition. I said it was highly unlikely but I feel he won't be there come September.

He is 31 years old and only plays big games. Ferguson has let a lot of players go on the cheap. Gibson and Overtan to name two. Bare in mind that fletcher, Anderson and Cleverly are all currently injured and if they hold onto Pogba he will have even more competition. I said it was highly unlikely but I feel he won't be there come September.

I see, well fair enough.

Lasse Schone - An exciting attacking right footed midfielder currently playing for NEC in the Netherlands. *A late developer (25) it is only in the most recent seasons has his career emerged from the wilderness. *Following a successful promotion with De Graafshap he was purchased by NEC and has since gone on to make his full international debut for Denmark (scoring) against Chile. *Interestingly Schone has expressed a desire to move to pastures new and has already rebutted Feyenoord. *Schone’s services would be very welcome at Villa Park - and all for the cost of his wages.

Already gone to Ajax...