Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Am yet to understand the hype around Jarvis. One England cap, which these days proves sod all, though a Wolves fan told me last night he's had a good second half to the season and yes, I do realise he scored twice yesterday.

Agree re Jarvis. He must be good on FM2012 or whatever. Can't understand thos eon here saying we should get Fletcher from Wolves...he's pants; surely our sights will be set higher than these 2?

What we don't want to do is sign Billy Big Bol loxs & Carlos Kickaball.

Team ethic has been brilliant for 2 seasons and don't want that ruined.

Dead right mate! If we buy anybody they should be young with real long term potential.

No doubt the usual PL journeymen will be queuing up to leave the three sinking ships and join us or Reading but we must resist the urge. Once a failure etc, we just don't need idol rich boys who take the **** for money.

Adam Lallana is right, of the three clubs that went up last year the one doing least well is the one (QPR) that bought in "big names" and totally disrupted their team. The others stuck with what they had and my oh! my they are both mid-table and being admired for their free flowing football.

That's how we should be.. who's better than our current lads for the money we can afford to spend anyway.

A top quality CB would be a great addition. Someone who will lead the line. Also another forward and some spice to the midfield and I think we have a decent chance next season. With great respect to Norwich when I saw their line up yesterday there was not a huge amount of difference to our line up yesterday which shows me that we can survive our first season with some sensible additions.

Our transfer moto will remain ie. young and hungry players, not ego's and huge wages.

We need surgery on the midfield, one or two central midfielders and major surgery on the right. Back up to Adam? Strikers are ok, Sharp, Rickie, Lee, all could gut it at the top level, but I would bring in one pacy striker, even if it's on loan. We need a centre back, we need a right back, and while I trust Kelvin, I'd worry we need a new keeper.

I wouldn't want Adkins' job this summer...

Agree re Jarvis. He must be good on FM2012 or whatever. Can't understand thos eon here saying we should get Fletcher from Wolves...he's pants; surely our sights will be set higher than these 2?

I've always liked Fletcher but have also always thought Wolves overpaid for him and he's never lived up to the price tag. He'll do well for them in the Championship next season.

Wouldn't mind an african upfront or on the wings. Seemed to adapt pretty well to English football and represent good value. Maiga at sochaux, mayuka at young boys or bony at vitesse would be decent shouts.

Edited by shurlock

GK - Craig Gordon's out of contract. Always rated him and depsite his recent injuries, would be worth a punt for free.

Gordon, Davis

RB - A new player here is a must. I have no idea why Butterfield was given a new contract and although I really like Frazer, I don't know if we could rely on him as our 1st choice in the Premiership. Alot of people seem to be saying Clyne and from what I've heard he is a great prospect but I didn't think he was a standout against us at Selhurst Park. I like the look of Jack Hunt from Huddersfield, the 21 year old who got into the League 1 team of the year in his first season in that division and can play at right midfield too if needed.

Hunt, Richardson

CB - I'd hate to see Jos and/or Jose drop out of the team but we'll desperately need more pace than these two offer in the Premier League. I think one addition is needed here but I have no idea who as I've not really seen enough of Curtis Davies to judge. I can imagine most of our signings coming from lower leagues or abroad but we definietly need someone who is fast and strong.

NEW, Hooiveld, Fonte, Martin

LB - Dickson is out the window and will most likely be sold to a League 1 club. Same with Harding, who I'd be glad to see the back of. I don't overly rate Fox in this league but he'd be a very good option as a back up. England U-21 Joe Bennett looked good against Middlesborough last week but signed a new contract last year so won't be cheap.

Bennett, Fox

RM - This should be Nigel's priority this summer as we never had a player this year who made that position his own. You've got your ovbious choices for fast winger in Matt Phillips and Albert Adomah, depending on whether Blackpool join us in the Premiership. I'd be happy with either.

Phillips/Adomah, De Ridder

CM - I'd love to see Surman back here, but there's no chance in hell of that happening right now. Who knows what the future holds... For now, I think Cork and Morgan would more than hold their own in the Premiership but I can see Chaplow leaving, despite his early season form, and possibly Hammond too. I've always liked that Somen Tchoyi from West Brom who's out of contract at the end of the season. He is experienced at 29, is a good mix of playmaker/battler and can also play on the right of midfield. Also, I'd love to see the return of Danny Guthrie, who has brilliant for Newcastle this season, when played, and is also out of contract.

Cork, Guthrie, Schneiderlin, Tchoyi

LM - I think we're sorted in this department with Lallana and Lee when he returns from injury, with a right winger or a youth player filling in when necessary.

Lallana, Lee

ST - I think the number of strikers brought in will all depend on whether Guly stays or goes. I hope Mr Marmite does leave us this summer but I can't see it happening so it looks like only one striker will be required. Steven Fletcher is a goalscorer but I wouldn't want us to sign any relegated players because they are in a relegated team for a reason. Despite all the Hooper/JRod talk, our new striker will probably come from abroad and I would be rather disappointed if we did sign Hooper. If Guly leaves, Zaha is twice the player he is and would be a fantastic signing.

Lambert, NEW, Sharp, Guly/Zaha

Out: Forecast, Bart (on loan), Butterfield, Seaborne, Jaidi, Harding, Dickson, Puncheon, Chaplow, Hammond, Holmes, Connolly, Forte, Barnard and youth players like JWP, Chambers, Shaw, Stephens, Hoskins etc on loan to lower league clubs.

R Lambert

B Sharp

T Lee

G Do Prado

D Fox

Leave the Squad alone, do a Norwich or Swansea not a QPR SIMPLES !!!

I thought we'd blown the Norwich myth up about 20 times? They signed 7 players when they got promoted, so they didn't leave the squad alone. The difference was that QPR went way OTT replacing pretty much everyone, even players who had been crucial in their promotion (Gorkss).

Even Saints team spirit and keeping the same nucleus of players philosophy has involved the signing of De Ridder, Cork, Hooiveld, Sharp, Lee and Fox just to compete in NpC. The Prem is a much bigger step up. We will need another 5-10 decent players in to avoid a very long painful struggle.

Still like Olsson at Blackburn, NZonzi, Pederson. Blackburn have a lot of good players, just a woeful manager, a club in turmoil and no leadership. That's why they score a lot and pick up some good wins, it's not a quality issue and I bet loads of their players find form elsewhere. Even Rochina looked very good at times, just needs to settle somewhere and find consistency.

Olsson is a good shout, wouldn't mind Hoilett as well.

We need to sign players with potential to play at a higher level that are hungry or with something to prove. This is the benchmark that Norwich and Swansea have set. I am sure we won’t be please do not follow the QPR model of throwing cash at a load of premier league has beens who are just in it for the cash.

My top 2 targets would be Curtis Davies and Matt Philips.

Quite right, add clyne and whittingham to that.

Clyne is going to united, the Palace chairman pretty much confirmed it a few weeks back. Saints should have a look at Paul Robinson of Blackburn if they get relegated. I'd have a look to France for some good young technical players who like the ball, their game isnt too different to here.

Again, Clyne, not getting why people want him so much. Thought he was anonymous when we played at Selhurst.

Why would you base your opinion on 1 game? He is in the Championship team of the year and is wanted by a number of prem clubs.

It's like someone writing Rickie off after watching one of his off games this season.

R Lambert

B Sharp

T Lee

G Do Prado

D Fox

Leave the Squad alone, do a Norwich or Swansea not a QPR SIMPLES !!!

Norwich signed five new players and a season long loan. Five were allowed to leave along with 6 going out on loan.

Swansea signed eight new players, a season long loan and two half season loans. Seven were allowed to leave along with 5 going out on loans.

QPR signed fourteen new players, three half season loans. Seven were allowed to leave and 7 going out on loan.

GK - Craig Gordon's out of contract. Always rated him and depsite his recent injuries, would be worth a punt for free.

Gordon, Davis

RB - A new player here is a must. I have no idea why Butterfield was given a new contract and although I really like Frazer, I don't know if we could rely on him as our 1st choice in the Premiership. Alot of people seem to be saying Clyne and from what I've heard he is a great prospect but I didn't think he was a standout against us at Selhurst Park. I like the look of Jack Hunt from Huddersfield, the 21 year old who got into the League 1 team of the year in his first season in that division and can play at right midfield too if needed.

Hunt, Richardson

CB - I'd hate to see Jos and/or Jose drop out of the team but we'll desperately need more pace than these two offer in the Premier League. I think one addition is needed here but I have no idea who as I've not really seen enough of Curtis Davies to judge. I can imagine most of our signings coming from lower leagues or abroad but we definietly need someone who is fast and strong.

NEW, Hooiveld, Fonte, Martin

LB - Dickson is out the window and will most likely be sold to a League 1 club. Same with Harding, who I'd be glad to see the back of. I don't overly rate Fox in this league but he'd be a very good option as a back up. England U-21 Joe Bennett looked good against Middlesborough last week but signed a new contract last year so won't be cheap.

Bennett, Fox

RM - This should be Nigel's priority this summer as we never had a player this year who made that position his own. You've got your ovbious choices for fast winger in Matt Phillips and Albert Adomah, depending on whether Blackpool join us in the Premiership. I'd be happy with either.

Phillips/Adomah, De Ridder

CM - I'd love to see Surman back here, but there's no chance in hell of that happening right now. Who knows what the future holds... For now, I think Cork and Morgan would more than hold their own in the Premiership but I can see Chaplow leaving, despite his early season form, and possibly Hammond too. I've always liked that Somen Tchoyi from West Brom who's out of contract at the end of the season. He is experienced at 29, is a good mix of playmaker/battler and can also play on the right of midfield. Also, I'd love to see the return of Danny Guthrie, who has brilliant for Newcastle this season, when played, and is also out of contract.

Cork, Guthrie, Schneiderlin, Tchoyi

LM - I think we're sorted in this department with Lallana and Lee when he returns from injury, with a right winger or a youth player filling in when necessary.

Lallana, Lee

ST - I think the number of strikers brought in will all depend on whether Guly stays or goes. I hope Mr Marmite does leave us this summer but I can't see it happening so it looks like only one striker will be required. Steven Fletcher is a goalscorer but I wouldn't want us to sign any relegated players because they are in a relegated team for a reason. Despite all the Hooper/JRod talk, our new striker will probably come from abroad and I would be rather disappointed if we did sign Hooper. If Guly leaves, Zaha is twice the player he is and would be a fantastic signing.

Lambert, NEW, Sharp, Guly/Zaha

Out: Forecast, Bart (on loan), Butterfield, Seaborne, Jaidi, Harding, Dickson, Puncheon, Chaplow, Hammond, Holmes, Connolly, Forte, Barnard and youth players like JWP, Chambers, Shaw, Stephens, Hoskins etc on loan to lower league clubs.

since when did Lee play left midfield,or Zaha play up front?

A few names to look out for from Europe...

Bas Dost

Luciano Narsingh

Luuk De Jong

Wilfried Bony

Ola John

John Guidetti

Leandro Bacuna

Jerson Cabral

William Overtoom

Julien Gorius

Matias Suarez

Kevin De Bruyne

Jelle Vossen

Jérémy Perbet

Jonathan Biabiany

Martin Harnik

Was thinking about Gordon last night, if Schmeichel is unreachable I think he'd be a great alternative, Guthrie would be a very good addition too although I think it's quite unlikely.

If we're looking for another 'keeper, I reckon MacGregor at Rangers would be worth a shout

Only thing to beware is if you buy too many Championship players you might end up a Championship team.

Is Jordan Rhodes any better than Sharp? Probably not.

Is Trotter better than Morgan or Cork? No.

A mix of hungry young players with a couple of experienced Prem players with something to prove. Jermaine Jenas - realistic or out of reach?

Stephen N'Zonzi is decent, Man Utd have said they will loan Fabio out, Jamie Mackie when QPR go down?

I can't believe people want to sign Paul Robinson. He's a terrible goalkeeper. Not just because he's playing in a poor side. Have you seen his stats? Poor, poor.

Anyway, I've said this before, but as far as I'm concerned, Kelvin stays in goal for as long as he wants after the loyalty he showed when we were nearly going out of business. Add to that not only the fact that he was almost ever present in the team that came up, and gained 3 points on his own against Leeds, but he was voted the best keeper in the division. He deserves his chance. Buy someone to challenge him by all means, but buying a keeper is far from a necessity.