New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

Ah. Didn't take long for people to think the club is lying when "record breaking" comes into play

Maybe, just accept that outside of SWF world and your tantrums about the kit... It is quite bloody popular

I think the words "on course for" are key. Standard PR stuff to try to promote momentum.

Who is the posters what is getting national exposure for their opinions and why is it not me!

I wish I'd slagged off the kit now!

Edit: The kit is well rubbish, the club is just doing it to try and attract asylum seekers from Turkey. Also gypsies.

Edited by Bearsy

Daily Mail in selecting quotes to match the headline shocker...

If the story was "all Saints fan adore their new kit" then that would be shi te journalism and completely untrue.

That'll be the media conspiracy against Saints then....

The daily mail end by saying this. The jury is well and truly out on this radical change, but if Southampton manage to stay up this season you get the feeling this leopard won't be changing its spots again.

What's staying up got to do with our kit next season? It will change again regardless of which division we are in! :facepalm:

If the story was "all Saints fan adore their new kit" then that would be shi te journalism and completely untrue.

That'll be the media conspiracy against Saints then....

No...where's the story in..."Fan's opinion divided...new strip selling well." Can't make much of a story with a balanced viewpoint.

When is it ever. Usually antis shout the loudest...the pro faction smile and say, nice...and the rest of us say...Oh FFS.

No one needs to shout on an internet poll. The pros have shouting the loudest anyway. Nice try though.

them poll things ain't tieing up with the sales figures though innit. Almost as if people who vote on internet polls ain't representative of the wider oh whatever i'm not really bothered either way. What's everyone having for tea?

Typically s_hit article as always from the Daily Fail.

I could've written that article myself, what absolutely s_hite journalism.

What's shi te about it? Its a few lines long and perfectly accurate.

They could have said that three quarters of Saints fans don't like it.

them poll things ain't tieing up with the sales figures though innit. Almost as if people who vote on internet polls ain't representative of the wider oh whatever i'm not really bothered either way. What's everyone having for tea?

Linguini with a white wine and saffron sauce, grilled madegascan King Prawns - takes a bit of time making the fresh chicken stock, double cream, and whitewine sauce, loads of garlic, pinch of saffron , pancetta , challottes... reduce down to a third and away you go... washed down with a decent Marlborough Sauv Blanc...

Think I will wear my 2004 UEFA Cup shirt at the table to show my class

Linguini with a white wine and saffron sauce, grilled madegascan King Prawns - takes a bit of time making the fresh chicken stock, double cream, and whitewine sauce, loads of garlic, pinch of saffron , pancetta , challottes... reduce down to a third and away you go... washed down with a decent Marlborough Sauv Blanc...

Think I will wear my 2004 UEFA Cup shirt at the table to show my class

Ok so I'm looking in my fridge, I've got one grapefruit, some hams, a pack of Mr.Men yoghurts and a mint aero. Is there something i can do with dat?

Ok so I'm looking in my fridge, I've got one grapefruit, some hams, a pack of Mr.Men yoghurts and a mint aero. Is there something i can do with dat?

Tricky there Bearsy, diverse ingredients, but reasonable nutritional value, possibly need to go for the 'Commando, sling in the tin'/your cousin Yogi approach with this:

Take 1 medium saucepan, peal and chop the grapefruit, bung in the pan over a medium heat, meanwhile chop up your ham and add to the pan. Slowly add the Mr Men Yogurt...reduce heat here to avoid a curdle... and simer jently for 4 hours, stiring occaisonally. You should have a nice dark brown sludge bby now closely resembling something unmentionable, but add the aero and stir in until completely melted. Will taste like shiedt, look like shiedt, but will keep you going until you can nab another picnic basket.

Remember to wear your new shirt.

What's shi te about it? Its a few lines long and perfectly accurate.

They could have said that three quarters of Saints fans don't like it.

It's just lazy, they've just copy and pasted a few choice statements from some posters on this thread and the official saints site. Tack on a boring headline, two copy and pasted images of Rickie in the 2011/12 and 2012/13 kits and make up a two sentence summary and you've got your article.

Tricky there Bearsy, diverse ingredients, but reasonable nutritional value, possibly need to go for the 'Commando, sling in the tin'/your cousin Yogi approach with this:

Take 1 medium saucepan, peal and chop the grapefruit, bung in the pan over a medium heat, meanwhile chop up your ham and add to the pan. Slowly add the Mr Men Yogurt...reduce heat here to avoid a curdle... and simer jently for 4 hours, stiring occaisonally. You should have a nice dark brown sludge bby now closely resembling something unmentionable, but add the aero and stir in until completely melted. Will taste like shiedt, look like shiedt, but will keep you going until you can nab another picnic basket.

I was with you till you said 4 hours! I'm eating the aero and thrown the rest away! I have however sent the following text message to girl what i know: "Come now. Bring foods"

It's just lazy, they've just copy and pasted a few choice statements from some posters on this thread and the official saints site. Tack on a boring headline, two copy and pasted images of Rickie in the 2011/12 and 2012/13 kits and make up a two sentence summary and you've got your article.

...that's how articles are written these days.

Lets not forget our friends in the "its only a kit" gang...its only a football kit so why on earth should any journalist spend more than half an hour on it?

Its only an article on only a football kit so who cares?

I doubt you'd be dishing out a critique if the story was about how brilliant Saints are and everything.

Bearsy has been stirring occasionally for several years now.

These kind of stories are published becise there is interest in it... obviously... but it still does not deal with teh issue of WHY some get so wound up and over emotive about the kit. If we have a cracking seaosn and finsh 6th in it, will some say it was a 'lucky kit' - and should we then keep it? You can bet that under thsoe circumstances we would have those that were advocating that...same as all red arms = relegation or whatever... seriously, as said before, tradituion is cretaed by time... wear red for 30 years in teh top flight and it would become it... so yeah I cant bsee what the fuss is about... and I dont like it that much...

The daily mail end by saying this. The jury is well and truly out on this radical change, but if Southampton manage to stay up this season you get the feeling this leopard won't be changing its spots again.

What's staying up got to do with our kit next season? It will change again regardless of which division we are in! :facepalm:

Odd last line, but it was a nothing article anyway. We will be changing again next season, no doubt whatsoever (regardless of what division we are in). Hopefully back to something more Saints-like due to poorer than expected sales of the 'Liverpool kit'.

I was browsing historicalkits.co.uk the other night (as you do) and noticed between 1977 and 1979 Exeter had one all white (with red bits) strip and between 1979-1980 they had one all red strip (with white bits) including red shorts and socks.

So we're not the first team to ditch our traditional Red and White stripes anyway. For the record this only lasted until 1980, then they went back to standard Red and White Stripes with Black shorts and red/black socks.

Can't be bothered reading through 53 or so pages, and I frankly don't care who likes the new kit and who hates it. It wouldn't change my opinion anyway. Count me amongst the "don't like it one bit" group. It looks cheap, it looks like Liverpool and a bunch of other clubs. What it does not look like is Saints. We have a proud history and an identity that is uniquely ours. None of that is represented in this horrible kit.

Can't be bothered reading through 53 or so pages, and I frankly don't care who likes the new kit and who hates it. It wouldn't change my opinion anyway. Count me amongst the "don't like it one bit" group. It looks cheap, it looks like Liverpool and a bunch of other clubs. What it does not look like is Saints. We have a proud history and an identity that is uniquely ours. None of that is represented in this horrible kit.

I agree with this but like at lot of things in life, we just have to suck on the Lemon and grin and get on with it. Won't stop me going and I will somehow get to 'like' the new kit.

ps R, up late, can't sleep?

Pretty obvious, just look at the little graph at the top of the page.

When you take into account the SWF happy clappy mong syndrome that is probably even skewed in favour of the scouse debacle.

Whether the membership of this forum (a couple of thousand) versus the 20K+ that readily go to matches is representative of the fan base as a whole is another matter.

Although I'm not going to buy the new kit, that has more to do with me being quite happy with the sash shirt, which I particularly like because it had no sponsors name on it. Otherwise, I am faintly disturbed that we have jetisoned the stripes without any good reason like the one we had for the sash kit, but it is entirely up to individuals whether they buy it or boycott it. Upon the sales figures will the hierarchy decide whether it has been a successful exercise or not. In terms of column inches in the daily rags and debate elsewhere, it has been a success, probably for all the wrong reasons.