New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

And it seems not having stripes for a season is also a big deal for others. Or some like change now and then

You can't please all people all of the time

Like I said earlier. If the kit launch was a failure I'm sure you would have been very quick to point out that it would have been because of the kit design.

Now it seems it was not a failure. Kit design does not come into it really.... It is the prem effect Apparently. Or that people are simply "mongs"

Same of this goes on to be the best kit sale of all time. I'm sure the design won't come into it for you.

Truth is. All factors are to play no matter how it sells. But it does seem many really do like it. I say, chill out, don't get so uptight about it. It will probably be gone next season. And we will return to (IMO) boring red and white traditional stripes

I don't really care how many people buy it to be quite honest and you are off your tits if you thought for a moment people wouldn't buy the new Premier League Saints kit. You'll be saying we'll sell out our first home league game due to the new kit next.

I am chilled out but i will mock people who have suddenly decided they hate the fact we wear red and white stripes because Stoke do. If someone had started a thread to that end the day after the Coventry match they would have got laughed out of town.

The backroom team at Staplewood have looked back through history and come up with this kit. Notts Forest wore this style of kit when they went from 2nd tier, to top tier winners crowning the run with back to back European Cups - all in four years.

Get behind the kit ffs ;)

There were no pinstripes on it until after they won all their major trophies.

Just how long have you hated the fact we wear red and white stripes?

Until this week I have never heard in real life (or even read on a forum and I've been on them for a Dec ade now) anyone complaining that our kit being similar to Stoke was a massive problem. Never.

I don't remember anyone now sneering at stripes complaining last year either - please put me right if you did. But I bet you didn't.

Now, apparently our similarity to Stoke was a major issue to some people. Its all a bit odd.

I expect uproar from these people if we are back in stripes next season.

The bonkers bit is that by changing we look like more other teams than we do keeping stripes.

I don't really care how many people buy it to be quite honest and you are off your tits if you thought for a moment people wouldn't buy the new Premier League Saints kit. You'll be saying we'll sell out our first home league game due to the new kit next.

I am chilled out but i will mock people who have suddenly decided they hate the fact we wear red and white stripes because Stoke do. If someone had started a thread to that end the day after the Coventry match they would have got laughed out of town.

I said it two years ago. I got laughed out of town so hard I had to move to Korea!!!!!

A yellow third kit will be unveiled during the memorial cup,rumour has it.

Seems unlikely given that's the launch day for the away kit sales. And also that the reason we're not wearing stripes is because the club thinks we're more likely to buy something else as we all have stripes already, and the same argument goes for yellow away kits.

Just how long have you hated the fact we wear red and white stripes?

Until this week I have never heard in real life (or even read on a forum and I've been on them for a decade now) anyone complaining that our kit being similar to Stoke was a massive problem. Never.

I don't remember anyone now sneering at stripes complaining last year either - please put me right if you did. But I bet you didn't.

Now, apparently our similarity to Stoke was a major issue to some people. Its all a bit odd.

I expect uproar from these people if we are back in stripes next season.

Hello. I don't hate the red and white stripes. I'm just not precious about them. If sir would care to look at the kit threads last season, I was saying the same thing when we were getting rid of the sash kit. This is not a new opinion.

If it offends you or anyone else that our classic red and white stripes have been likened to the uniform of someone serving Cumberland Ring at ASDA, I suggest you go to the opticians and/or in extreme cases, reassess your lives :D

It's a football kit. It shouldn't be creating any kind of uproar at all.

I hate know-all's but predicted that it would be Swiss Red. 'Twas only a matter of time after all before our foreign owners came out of the long grass and claimed their heritage and ownership. But it's been a good ride and thanks for the memories.

Saints are no longer Saints in the way that Man C are no longer Man C and Man U are no longer Man U. Quaint notions of working-class community based football teams representing local people went up in smoke long ago but now we know first hand what it feels like and will be like.

You pays your money you takes your choice but you might as well call the team in red Basle FC.

Why are there 2 sock colours against last year's away kit ?

Because we had two colours of socks worn fairly regularly, white was the first choice away and blue the alternate colour for when we played teams with white socks. Though they wore white socks at Burnley which was stupid as so did Burnley so they probably scrambled to chuck that together as an option after that. As they didn't have away socks of any kind in the club shop until around Xmas they actually went on sale together, even though the blue socks were never "launched".

My question is where are the alternate shorts from 2003 cup semi, alt black home socks from 2006 from playing Leicester and White shorts from another match, and the red alt shorts and socks with the grey kit of 2007/8?

Just remembered the 2007 yellow kit had yellow alt shorts too.

Edited by The9

I hate know-all's but predicted that it would be Swiss Red. 'Twas only a matter of time after all before our foreign owners came out of the long grass and claimed their heritage and ownership. But it's been a good ride and thanks for the memories.

Saints are no longer Saints in the way that Man C are no longer Man C and Man U are no longer Man U. Quaint notions of working-class community based football teams representing local people went up in smoke long ago but now we know first hand what it feels like and will be like.

You pays your money you takes your choice but you might as well call the team in red Basle FC.

That seems the most plausible explanation yet to me.

But isn't the lack of community involvement exactly the reason to keep the only consistent iconography -the kit style, the badge... the location... That's about it?

It's a football kit and it's the same with most things in life - some people like it and some don't. Moaning about it doesn't change anything. The kit will not be changed, even though most people on here would like it to be. The colours are the same (red and white), so in the end nothing too drastic like Cardiff fans endured with a complete colour change. People need to be realistic. The club have designed this kit to be a bit different to the Stoke's and Sunderland's, and tried to make a striking kit for our Premier League return. People moaning and saying that the people at Saints have ruined our history and tradition are wrong. In the end, our very first kit was the sash and the current regime brought it back 2 years ago.

We're still in the Premier League, no matter what the kit looks like.

We have some of the most whinging fans in football imho. I, and many others like it, I and many others think NC is doing a good job, I and many others think that NA is a good manager, yet a select few on here, who post the most (shout the loudest), seek to insult and shout down anyone who says so. One would suspect that they weren't Saints fans?

It's a simple choice here, would you prefer this shirt in the PL, or stripes in L1. Half those who have slagged this off, will be wearing it this season, be sure of that.

I think NC has done a great job too. I think NA is a brilliant manager, I love him. I just think we have a sh1t kit this year that looks nothing like Saints.

Stop trynig to make out anyone who doesn't like the kit is somehow "anti-Saints". It's childish and pathetic.

PS personally I would prefer stripes in the Premier League. Can't quite understand why you think the two are mutually exclusive?

Edited by SW11_Saint

Exactly. It's a really embarrassing line of arguement, retro-fitted after this ill conceived kit came out. "Great, we are all red now, I've always wanted that - time to move forward, ditch the red/white/black and not have those terrible clashes with Sunderland, Stoke etc.". Just ridiculous.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?31337-Home-Kit-Revealed!

I think it is fair to say last years kit had a better welcome.

5% unsupportive, rather than 50%. This is what I was saying yesterday. The club has missed a huge opportunity to get the vast majority of their customers onside, and boost kit sales, as we march back into the Premier League with our identity intact. Shame.

I think NC has done a great job too. I think NA is a brillian manager, I love him. I just think we have a sh1t kit this year that looks nothing like Saints.

Stop trynig to make out anyone who doesn't like the kit is somehow "anti-Saints". It's childish and pathetic.

PS personally I would prefer stripes in the Premier League. Can't quite undesrtand why you think the two are mutually exclusive?

Dont let Gingeletiss get to you; he overcompensates his small inoffensive genitalia by coming across as the ÜberFan at every opportunty.

For me, they were smaller. I usually get a L but had to go XL for this kit.

It was the same for my dad who usually gets XL but had to get XXL this time.

Careful, mate. I made the same comments back at the time of the sash shirts and have been called a fat bastard on here ever since.

Umbro sizes ARE small.

Dont let Gingeletiss get to you; he overcompensates his small inoffensive genitalia by coming across as the ÜberFan at every opportunty.

Oh I won't, and he doesn't. I just enjoy dissecting flawed argument and hysterical conspiracy theories (even if it is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel...).

I think NC has done a great job too. I think NA is a brilliant manager, I love him. I just think we have a sh1t kit this year that looks nothing like Saints.

PS personally I would prefer stripes in the Premier League. Can't quite undesrtand why you think the two are mutually exclusive?

Well said. Gingeletiss has alkways been a dull WUM on here.

We didn't wear red and white stripes throughout the 1980s. Did you stop supporting the club then?

I didn't say I would stop supporting the club. As for the shirts in the 80s they were mostly a remodelling of the red and white even if some of them weren't actually stripped. This one is a cast off Liverpool shirt. The away kit looks a little more like us but we have had some really cool kits recently and aprt from not being cool. this does not look like Southampton FC. As for the prices, why do people pay so much for some shiney synthetic tat?

My missus picked me up from the services after the JPT final and we went to TGI's in my stripes, took a bit of stick from people about looking like a waiter.

Got to accept that these new recent owners do what they want, Cardiff and Newcastle fans not happy but probably better than the alternative.

I bet the lot down the road would take almost anything right now than sinking without trace.

Again, clearly no understanding of football culture whatsoever. Poor you.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to point out what I'm missing about football culture. According to some branches of football culture, home shirts are only worn to games by kids and nonces anyway. Some people wouldn't be seen dead at a football game wearing a replica shirt.

I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me why a football shirt is upsetting you so much. What part of the football culture code does it contravene? Which version of the football culture are you subscribing to? Do us a favour and let us know. It's very difficult to see how far the club have strayed from football culture when it is so ill-defined and is sharing copy with playground put-downs.

I'm certainly not someone who'll blindly support every decision the club has ever made, but moaning about this after the last couple of seasons seems bloody insane imo. It's like a kid being given the best Christmas present ever and whining that he doesn't like the colour. Bit of perspective, maybe?

...went in the saints store today... In my opinion the home shirt looks ok... The away shirt looks very good (ignoring the dodgy white background to the aap3).... But.....it didn't feel like a Saints store... Can't explain it... But without some silly stripes or black shorts... Just didn't feel saints... Yes it's just a shirt and it should be trivial...Stilldisappointed despite the OS on the commas offensive...

I haven't seen the shirt in the fleash, only online. Sorry but I really dislike it. Sorry Harry (grandson) won't be buying you one this year.

OK, I might have to give in but won't be happy doing so.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to point out what I'm missing about football culture. According to some branches of football culture, home shirts are only worn to games by kids and nonces anyway. Some people wouldn't be seen dead at a football game wearing a replica shirt.

I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me why a football shirt is upsetting you so much. What part of the football culture code does it contravene? Which version of the football culture are you subscribing to? Do us a favour and let us know. It's very difficult to see how far the club have strayed from football culture when it is so ill-defined and is sharing copy with playground put-downs.

I'm certainly not someone who'll blindly support every decision the club has ever made, but moaning about this after the last couple of seasons seems bloody insane imo. It's like a kid being given the best Christmas present ever and whining that he doesn't like the colour. Bit of perspective, maybe?

Basically for you it is fine to grizzle about our old/traditional kit (wah wah we used to look like someone who works at Asda) but not our new kit. Nice to see how your "perspective" filter works.

And you clearly don't understand football culture at all if you think the only relationship fans have with our strip is the purchasing and wearing of replica kits.

You do realise the team are actually going to wear this kit on match days don't you? This isn't London fashion week with the club bringing out a new clothing line.

Basically for you it is fine to grizzle about our old/traditional kit (wah wah we used to look like someone who works at Asda) but not our new kit. Nice to see how your "perspective" filter works.

Brilliant debating skills, CB Fry. The Lounge has got nothing on you, kid :p

You seem to have got very hot under the collar about this deli counter ASDA business. Are you saying that there is no aesthetic similarity between the two? I consider myself a bit of an expert as I:-

a) Know what red and white vertical stripes look like

b) Used to work on a deli counter at ASDA

And you clearly don't understand football culture at all if you think the only relationship fans have with our strip is the purchasing and wearing of replica kits.

You do realise the team are actually going to wear this kit on match days don't you? This isn't London fashion week with the club bringing out a new clothing line.

Yeah, I realise that the team will be wearing this strip. And?

Not being funny, CB Fry - but I've asked you some pretty specific questions and instead of answering any of them, you've chosen to try and belittle me instead. Good luck with that. You certainly wouldn't be the first person to try. If you'd like to enumerate your reasons, perhaps explain which branch of football culture that I'm blind to, go for it.

If you just want to have a slanging match, I can accommodate that too - and being perfectly honest, would bloody enjoy it.

Your choice, mucker.

Brilliant debating skills, CB Fry. The Lounge has got nothing on you, kid :p

You seem to have got very hot under the collar about this deli counter ASDA business. Are you saying that there is no aesthetic similarity between the two? I consider myself a bit of an expert as I:-

a) Know what red and white vertical stripes look like

b) Used to work on a deli counter at ASDA

Yeah, I realise that the team will be wearing this strip. And?

Not being funny, CB Fry - but I've asked you some pretty specific questions and instead of answering any of them, you've chosen to try and belittle me instead. Good luck with that. You certainly wouldn't be the first person to try. If you'd like to enumerate your reasons, perhaps explain which branch of football culture that I'm blind to, go for it.

If you just want to have a slanging match, I can accommodate that too - and being perfectly honest, would bloody enjoy it.

Your choice, mucker.

What questions were these then? Apologies for not hanging on your every word.

I am not doubting your Asda experience petal. I used to work in a virgin megastore. And a greengrocers. Go me.

Just not sure why comparing/assessing old kits is far game but people saying our new on is shi te gets you jolly awfully upset. If it is all so unimportant why do you care about what others think?

Has anyone else thought that this kit will give us more of a unique look in the Pl this season. We wont be confused with Stoke or Sunderland (clubs who are far more established in the Pl than us) the worldwide audience would look at red and white stripes and think not of us but the other 2. We are the new boys in the top league. If we became a fraction as successful as Liverpool when they wore a similar kit Iam sure we will be happy. Personally i think the kit is sharp and good looking (except of the bloody logo)

IMO the main body of Saints fans will not be quite so wound up about it like the more serious types on here.

Just not sure why comparing/assessing old kits is far game but people saying our new on is shi te gets you jolly awfully upset. If it is all so unimportant why do you care about what others think?

I'm not upset. If anything, I'm amused. Watching grown men lose their sh*t over a football kit is nearly as much fun as telling grown men that they are losing their sh*t over a football kit.

Regarding the questions. I could re-type them, or you could scroll up. If scrolling up is too much of a pain - give us a shout - will be happy to copy and paste.

I'm not upset. If anything, I'm amused. Watching grown men lose their sh*t over a football kit is nearly as much fun as telling grown men that they are losing their sh*t over a football kit.

Regarding the questions. I could re-type them, or you could scroll up. If scrolling up is too much of a pain - give us a shout - will be happy to copy and paste.

And twice as funny is you think people are really that bothered in the great scheme of things.

It's a football kit mush. It's not important. Not sure why you think you have the monopoly on saying that.

And almost as funny as some freak on a web forum trying to get me to answer some questions.

Can you get through the day if I don't? Tell you what, I'll concede that you are definitely the winner. Well done.

Seems that our classic strip is a big deal to some people. We've spent most of the last half century looking like people behind the deli counter in Asda apparently. If that's not "whinging fans" I don't know what is.

And subsequently T.G.I. Friday's

And twice as funny is you think people are really that bothered in the great scheme of things.

It's a football kit mush. It's not important. Not sure why you think you have the monopoly on saying that.

And almost as funny as some freak on a web forum trying to get me to answer some questions.

Can you get through the day if I don't? Tell you what, I'll concede that you are definitely the winner. Well done.

Mate, you've replied several times, and care so little that you've taken to making things up on no less than three occasions, including this latest claim that you've made about me thinking I have a monopoly on saying it's only a football kit. I'm sure it all seems real in your own head.

Cheapest :

Short sleeve shirt £42

Prem badges £6

Get name and number done elsewhere £10

£58.

Long sleeved is £5 more, Saints shirt printing is £2 more.

Where is the option for epl badges in the online store?