New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

How are shirts normally sold on the first day? From the MEgastore at the ground? Weird that we decided to put them on sale the day before the store reopened. The cynic in me would think it'd be the classic marketing trick of small shop, only letting a few in at a time, creates a big queue, looks great from a PR/demand point of view.......?

What's you point? Oh you don't have one, just arguing for the sake of it. Crack on.

And you're not of course. Rank Xerox kit obviously striped. There you go. A point for you. Not sure why i need to spell it out.

Am I right in saying we are having a "one season" shirt, three seasons in a row?

2008-10 First Umbro home shirt, 10/11 Sash, 11/12, and 12/13 PL Home shirt.

Yes you're right!

Did anyone find out how much they were charging for shirt printing and Prem badges today, btw. Just interested to see if Saints managed to charge more than JJB and SportsDirect.

£12 for shirt printing (any name and number), £6 for a pair of Prem badges.

could really care less about shorts and socks to be honest

oh forgive me if I don't take an SWF poll as gospel to what a majority of saints fans think

I do love a man who just ignores rational argument with a playground type comment like "oh I don't really care about that...". And you were really born in 1980?!?

Do you have some empirical evidence you would rather use?

I do love a man who just ignores rational argument with a playground type comment like "oh I don't really care about that...". And you were really born in 1980?!?

Do you have some empirical evidence you would rather use?

haha...look, we are going around in circles..you are not happy, I am......

not a great deal is going to change our minds despite what we post

haha...look, we are going around in circles..you are not happy, I am......

not a great deal is going to change our minds despite what we post

On that we can can agree. From the evidence available 50% or more of our fans do not like the new kit. It won't stop me or them supporting the lads - loving it when we win, despairing when we lose. I will just have to put up with us doing it all in a poor man's Liverpool kit! (hopefully for just one season!).

On that we can can agree. From the evidence available 50% or more of our fans do not like the new kit. It won't stop me or them supporting the lads - loving it when we win, despairing when we lose. I will just have to put up with us doing it all in a poor man's Liverpool kit! (hopefully for just one season!).

On the evidence of this forum 50% don't like it sure. But then 1000-3000 people turned up today to buy the kit from West Quay (300-1300 more than the people that have voted on this thread)....all who thought the kit was nice otherwise they wouldn't have bought it.

Therefore, the majority of fans actually like it...

What evidence is this?

On the evidence of this forum 50% don't like it sure. But then 1000-3000 people turned up today to buy the kit from West Quay (300-1300 more than the people that have voted on this thread)....all who thought the kit was nice otherwise they wouldn't have bought it.

But imagine what it would have been like if the kit was universally thought to be bonkers/amazing by one and all.

Rioting would have broken out and by now Southampton would be burnt to the ground.

Yes some people like the kit.. But I think overall it's disappointing...especially when they've tried to break away from the red and white stripes, only to come up with something that is very boring and similar to other clubs..

If you're going to do something different, then go for something like the Xerox kit, or even an awful kit like the euro kit... But don't just bring out somemone else's kit....

Lemmings? Blind Loyalty? More money than sense? Nothing else constructive to do on a cloudy Sunday? Consumerholics? Myopic? I could go on. The kit is crap full stop. Liverpool-look-alikes, and if you are happy with that.....?

Lemmings? Blind Loyalty? More money than sense? Nothing else constructive to do on a cloudy Sunday? Consumerholics? Myopic? I could go on. The kit is crap full stop. Liverpool-look-alikes, and if you are happy with that.....?

what if loads are..?

what would be your thoughts if this out sells the great sash kit..?

Let it go FFS. You don't like it. Others do. I don't know why the likes of you, Alpine and others want to go so far out of your way to express your outrage at how bad it is.

You could say the same thing about the people that have voted 'No' on the poll on this very thread.

Lemmings? Blind Anti-Establishmentism? Jealous of people that have money? Can't be bothered to get out of the house on a cloudy Sunday? People who shop at Wilkinsons? Myopic?

The kit looks great full stop. Stoke/Sheffield United/Exeter/Sunderland-look-alikes, and if you are happy with that...?

Statistics not your strong point then, unless you seriously think the 3,000 that turned up today turned up entirely because of the design, and not because it is a new Saints kit and not because it is a Premier League Saints kit. There's people on this thread that said they don't like it but will buy it.

Also, lots of people who (like me) even if they thought it was the greatest kit ever made would not even dream of buying one.

The majority of fans - in fact all fans - will get over it. But lots will think it is terrible, and that's fine.

Oh my.

Have you seen it? In person, I mean?

Hell, even in pictures the white stripes are evidently clear.

Anyway, **** it. It's only a shirt (red and white ;) ) worst things have happened in life

Don't forget the green on the tree.

Of course it will you pleb. We're a premier league team now, sash was league 1. We will sell more of everything.

then why was the sash the greatest ever....when in league 1 and not the prem.

with the amount on here who will not buy this kit...surely, that has to be replicated in NON-SWF world....???

If you people think that on TV or on Radio Five we're going to be described as "red with white and grey pinstripes which you can clearly see close up" shirts then you're fu ck ing mental. Forest and Liverpool and others did not wear stripes when they had a similar kit. Sweden didn't play in yellow and blue stripes in Euro 2012. Pinstripe is just trim.

We're in red next season. Like it or not.

If you people think that on TV or on Radio Five we're going to be described as "red with white and grey pinstripes which you can clearly see close up" shirts then you're fu ck ing mental. Forest and Liverpool and others did not wear stripes when they had a similar kit. Sweden didn't play in yellow and blue stripes in Euro 2012. Pinstripe is just trim.

I do like it

:D

Correct, Liverpool play in red, Liverpool had a red kit when they had pinstripes. Same with the red of Forest when they had pinstripes. We are in red, but not just red shirt. ALL red kit.

For those that care, the new kit has inspired me to write a blog.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/entry.php?81-Calm-Down!-Calm-Down!

My two pence.

Not bad. I think I may well be with you later in the season longing to get the stripes back but for now I'm happy with the new shirt. I like the stripes but there is a limit what you can do with them and my favourite all time kits are the sash and some of the plain red kits of the 80s. In the season ticket DVD cortese said how the club has changed but the supporters have not. I don't think he was intending to pay us a compliment. At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their personal opinion and flipping between stripes and a more radical design every other year strikes me as a way yo keep everyone happy. Just take a look at the smiling faces on the os gallery and you realise that this bickering is undoubtedly out of place in a family club.

Oh dear, you're getting into very murky statistical waters here my friend... Based on the evidence we have (the poll above), I could very easily argue that, if you say the "3,000" that turned up (I believe he figure was more like 500, but anyway...) they represent those in the poll (statistically), thus 6,000+ fans DIDN'T turn up. Or we could do the no of people who turned up and bought kits as a % of the Saints supporting population of the city?

Okay, being flippant, but you can't mix up your mathematical basis mate, you just can't...

PS I have a few mates who, believe it or not, don't like the kit "but will probably buy it anyway", so even the supposition that those who buy he kit 'like' it is flawed. Strange world.

Correct, Liverpool play in red, Liverpool had a red kit when they had pinstripes. Same with the red of Forest when they had pinstripes. We are in red, but not just red shirt. ALL red kit.

Forest have never played in all red, so don't know where the comparisons come from.

Forest have never played in all red, so don't know where the comparisons come from.

I meant in respect of just the shirt. The shirt is red. Us playing in an all red kit is what makes it totally alien. We have played in red shirts before, that's fair enough but an entire red kit is not Saints.

Good lord yes! 242 33.70%

Good heavens no! 365 50.84%

Is this really all we have to talk about? 111 15.46%

Its not all negative then, at this moment in time, at least 242 fans on this forum like it then :)

I think that's what the percentages are for. 34% like it, 66% don't or don't care.

Edited by SW11_Saint

I meant in respect of just the shirt. The shirt is red. Us playing in an all red kit is what makes it totally alien. We have played in red shirts before, that's fair enough but an entire red kit is not Saints.

We've played in red shirts before, we've played in red shorts before (granted not very often) and played in red socks before. We just haven't worn them all at the same time in the same kit. FWIW I'm in the 'not too sure' camp but not in the 'outraged of Lordshill' one. I do really like the away version though.

We've played in red shirts before, we've played in red shorts before (granted not very often) and played in red socks before. We just haven't worn them all at the same time in the same kit. FWIW I'm in the 'not too sure' camp but not in the 'outraged of Lordshill' one. I do really like the away version though.

The key. You cannot take orphaned seperated brothers and immediately make a family.

The key. You cannot take orphaned seperated brothers and immediately make a family.

Also I am sure we have worn red shorts on the odd occasion at away grounds but I don't think we have ever had red shorts as part of our "official" kit.

I don't like it either, but it's not 'crap full stop'.

Neither are saints red and white stripes as some have said, it's just inaccurate. But they certainly should be red and white in some form, which is why I don't like the kit. All red doesn't feel like saints to me. For some reason I think the air florida style would be the most saints for me, even though it's not stripes and wasn't worn for long.

To be honest black shorts would probably have placated a fair few. It's the all red / Liverpool thing that I think annoys most dissenters.

We didn't wear striped shirts at all in the 1980s, until the 89/90 season. If you think the Rank Xerox one and the Hummel one were striped, then so is this new one.

If you think this is striped, then Liverpool played in stripes for some of the 70s and 80s. They didn't.