New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

I think it's safe to say that the people who think they are 'monstrosities'' are very much in the minority.

We're in the Prem. The club could stitch together some old sacks and drag them through dog dirt. They would still sell shed loads if they plonk the SFC badge on and call it the official shirt.

I will tell you...

it is because a fair few on here have spent the last 48 hours telling us how this kit is bad going on to a disgrace. Some suggesting that we are throwing everything that is saints in the bin (i do wonder if that was the thought in 1980.?).....and the sight of many queuing up to get such a poor kit can't be anything to do with that fact many might actually like it....no no, that can't be as it is such a bad kit and has nothing to do with saints etc.

now, people are only getting it due to the premier league effect...probably true in some cases...hell, I'm sure they are many factors into why people get football tops...myself, I don't get them often, usually the away kits if I do. I got the Sash kit as it was very different and NOTHING to do with saints in my lifetime..and I really do no connect with some black and white photo's from way over 100 years ago. I never got last seasons kit, as quite frankly, red and white stripe standard saints tops are pretty common with saints fans...I will get this home top as it is something different to our red (and white) tradition.

I'm sure, if the megastore was empty, those who have been telling us what a disgrace this kit is, would be saying that the store is empty because the kit is crap...but then again for the very reasons buying a kit..if the store was empty, I'm sure there would have been many factors there too..

this is not a bad first day for such a "disgusting" kit. not bad what so ever and I look forward to getting mine

Erm no. I actually posted the fact that people would buy it because we were premier league yesterday before there were any queues. I think anyone queuing up for a football kit on the day it launches is a complete mong TBH regardless of what team they support.

I dont mind the shirt, got me and nipper one today, like the material and to be honest if they added a bit more white on the sleeves, it would be just about right, only thing i would diss about the top is the sponsors logos as per usual, seem as so it may fall off by xmas if you wear it like i do 6 asides and match days.

We're in the Prem. The club could stitch together some old sacks and drag them through dog dirt. They would still sell shed loads if they plonk the SFC badge on and call it the official shirt.

Thats the 3rd kit

Anyone queuing for a football kit on the day it launches is an utter mong. This isn't reserved simply for saints fans. It's like those people who queue overnight for an ipad because they have to have it on the day it comes out. Completely sad.

christ, not too sure how many times you need to tell us

Anyone queuing for a football kit on the day it launches is an utter mong. This isn't reserved simply for saints fans. It's like those people who queue overnight for an ipad because they have to have it on the day it comes out. Completely sad.

But it is their choice, Hypo. Lots of people do things that we wouldn`t dream of doing. I would find stamp collecting completely boring and uninteresting, but if I called all stamp collecters "Complete mongs" then I am afraid that it would say more about me than it would about them.

But it is their choice, Hypo. Lots of people do things that we wouldn`t dream of doing. I would find stamp collecting completely boring and uninteresting, but if I called all stamp collecters "Complete mongs" then I am afraid that it would say more about me than it would about them.

Of course it is their choice. It still makes them mongs though.

Where the fook do you get off calling other Saints fans mongs?

As others have pointed out, I doubt if you would have the balls to say that to their faces.

Where the fook do you get off calling other Saints fans mongs?

As others have pointed out, I doubt if you would have the balls to say that to their faces.

I'm not calling saints fans mongs. I'm calling any individual that joins a substantial queue for a football shirt on the day it comes out a mong.

HYPO, posting nearly 15,000 times on an internet forum is pretty mongish.

Those who live in glass house's etc.

You are entitled to your opinion (though it is a few seconds every few days over a six year period and mostly when I am at a computer doing other things so hardly consuming my life.) and are perfectly entitled to say so.

no no no...this simply cannot be the case. it is universally shyte.....so we are told

I'm getting the home shirt next week......if any are left

I never got last seasons shirt as it was just another bland red and white striped shirt...we have had loads of those

Always kids and 'blind-followers' who will buy. True test is if it out-sells the sash kit.

I'm not calling saints fans mongs. I'm calling any individual that joins a substantial queue for a football shirt on the day it comes out a mong.

Thankfully it sounds like you don't have kids.

Both of mine used to save their money to buy the new shirt and TO THEM it was significant to buy it on the first day it came out.

There are obvioulsy some adults that feel the same as well. Means nothing to me and I don't understand the atrraction, but you are out of order and I would have enjoyed myself, if the clock was wound back to when I would have been in that queue and some jumped up nobody walked past and called them "mongs".

But i guess you would have just kept that to yourself, until you could rush back and type it on a football forum.

You are entitled to your opinion (though it is a few seconds every few days over a six year period and mostly when I am at a computer doing other things so hardly consuming my life.) and are perfectly entitled to say so.

Doing other things? like becoming Rapid Motion Champion, Red Beard Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Space Runner Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Starcastle Champion, Summer Games Champion, War on Terror Champion, What A Shot Champion, Capture the flag Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Frogger Champion, Gandys Quest Champion. Jet Packer Champion, Star Scrammbler Champion. This is just some of them.

Thankfully it sounds like you don't have kids.

Both of mine used to save their money to buy the new shirt and TO THEM it was significant to buy it on the first day it came out.

There are obvioulsy some adults that feel the same as well. Means nothing to me and I don't understand the atrraction, but you are out of order and I would have enjoyed myself, if the clock was wound back to when I would have been in that queue and some jumped up nobody walked past and called them "mongs".

But i guess you would have just kept that to yourself, until you could rush back and type it on a football forum.

Fair enough I will retract my earlier comment and apologise to you. It is just adults who queue up for a football shirt on launch day for themselves that are the mongs.

Doing other things? like becoming Rapid Motion Champion, Red Beard Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Space Runner Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Starcastle Champion, Summer Games Champion, War on Terror Champion, What A Shot Champion, Capture the flag Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Frogger Champion, Gandys Quest Champion. Jet Packer Champion, Star Scrammbler Champion. This is just some of them.

Indeed. But that was about five years ago when I was unemployed and literally had nothing better to do...

I fail to understand why fellow Saints fans are described as "sad" and "utter mongs" for queueing up on a Sunday lunchtime to buy the new shirt on launch day.

WTF is wrong with some people on here, what are they doing wrong by wanting it today ? Not like everyone has skipped work to rush down and buy it is it ?

The mings are the people who criticise on here, not the people in that queue.

Agreed. Have made no secret of my feelings on this abomination of a Saints kit, but calling fellow fans mongs for buying it on release day is out of order. Loads of kids will want it, regardless of what it looks like, and there will always be adult 'blind followers' who will buy a Saints shirt regardless (and of course the minority who do actually like it).

Everyone has the right to their opinion, and their right to buy (or not), but let's keep insults to the shirt (or whoever you are bantering with on here!).

I hate it, and won't buy it. Sash kit again for me this season.

Agreed. Have made no secret of my feelings on this abomination of a Saints kit, but calling fellow fans mongs for buying it on release day is out of order. Loads of kids will want it, regardless of what it looks like, and there will always be adult 'blind followers' who will buy a Saints shirt regardless (and of course the minority who do actually like it).

Everyone has the right to their opinion, and their right to buy (or not), but let's keep insults to the shirt (or whoever you are bantering with on here!).

where are your stripes....ffs

Hey I have no problem with anyone buying the shirt. I won't buy it (I may buy the away shirt) I just don't see the logic of queuing to buy it on the day it is released.

why is that a true test..?

what if it does..?

Because it will prove it is truly popular. The sash kit is our biggest selling kit ever (in League One let's not forget).

Guess we could get a few foreign Liverpool fans buying it by mistake...?

And this is coming from someone who has 14k posts on an internet message board, I hope you can see the irony.

Incidentally, I agree that queuing through the night is a bit sad.

well, our liverpool kit now is part of southamptons history...unlucky for you it seems

Yeah, call me old fashioned but I'd much rather we celebrated our own history than Liverpool's. Oh well, as you say just one of the unlucky (majority) I guess...