New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

that, I agree on....all this guff about throwing saints in the bin etc...is...err, just guff

True.

I'm a bit fed up with contributing on this thread so I think I'll stop. I think I have said my piece in my first post. I think it is terrible.

That's it. I am allowed that opinion.

The hysteria on both sides is hilarious and pathetic. But the Cult of Cortese response is funnier as just demonstrated.

I'm just shocked by the Premier League effect, I've been down there on launch day loads of times and there's been no-one around. Assume one of the reasons is because only one store is open so everyone is in one place, and the online sales won't get the shirt out before going to the store.

Even so, that's a lot of people buying something they don't like... ;)

I'm just shocked by the Premier League effect, I've been down there on launch day loads of times and there's been no-one around. Assume one of the reasons is because only one store is open so everyone is in one place, and the online sales won't get the shirt out before going to the store.

Even so, that's a lot of people buying something they don't like... ;)

haha...I bet if the shop was empty...plenty would have loads to say about the new kit effecting this

come on you pin stripes ffs

Would like to comment on 2 things.

Yep, I'd say this was a "Premier League" effect in part, second because it is a dark colour and predominantly red it will and does appeal to those who see the 'fashion/accessory' side of it: i.e. non-footy supporters and women who will see it as smarter than a tatty shirt/typical footy shirt etc, third yes, it does and will grate against the 'traditionalists', fourth those who say 'people don't like change' either a) don't have a clue about much (mantra repeaters), b) are saying to impress their boss/fit in because that's what repeating twee homilies does or c) don't recognise that there might be more to it than that. They and perhaps others also will come up with a lot of phrases like "I'm not racist, but ...", I'm all for 'tradition', but etc.

Now back to the footy/shirt matter in hand and the photo at the top of this page. I take it the 'lesser lights' of Soton have tons of cash to throw around and therefore you're still affluent over there? That and the people of Southampton are now very laid back as they don't seem to have any fashion sense at all, unlike in say Manc.

Would like to comment on 2 things.

Yep, I'd say this was a "Premier League" effect in part, second because it is a dark colour and predominantly red it will and does appeal to those who see the 'fashion/accessory' side of it: i.e. non-footy supporters and women who will see it as smarter than a tatty shirt/typical footy shirt etc, third yes, it does and will grate against the 'traditionalists', fourth those who say 'people don't like change' either a) don't have a clue about much (mantra repeaters), b) are saying to impress their boss/fit in because that's what repeating twee homilies does or c) don't recognise that there might be more to it than that. They and perhaps others also will come up with a lot of phrases like "I'm not racist, but ...", I'm all for 'tradition', but etc.

Now back to the footy/shirt matter in hand and the photo at the top of this page. I take it the 'lesser lights' of Soton have tons of cash to throw around and therefore you're still affluent over there? That and the people of Southampton are now very laid back as they don't seem to have any fashion sense at all, unlike in say Manc.

Don't sit on the fence mate, tell us what you really think

Like it or not, why do people have a desperate need to be seen having something new as soon as possible?

Whether an iPhone, saints shirt or harry potter book, you gain very little from having it 24 hours earlier, have to make a big effort to do so and look like an obsessive materialistic nobstick.

Or does wearing a shirt before anyone else make you feel amazing? It can't be that thing of not wanting to be seen in the same top as other people.

Especially since Iphones are overpriced and inferior to their competition in every way, and whats more, the gullable mongs who buy them then get tricked into buying all apple. Here is an idea... Why don't i buy an iphone for £100 on £41 a month when I can get a HTC for £31 a month and a free phone, on the same network, and which is superior in everyway except the company that makes it didn't have the audacity to think that they are equal to Mr Newton. Fagphones!

The shirt in itself is bad enough, being mostly red, you won't see the pinstripes from the stands, but it's the red shorts and red socks that make the kit non traditional.

The white kit looks really nice but I've always thought the 2nd kit has had a bit more creative freedom. However, having said that, I prefer the yellow shirt and blue shorts as our away kit.

I fail to understand why fellow Saints fans are described as "sad" and "utter mongs" for queueing up on a Sunday lunchtime to buy the new shirt on launch day.

WTF is wrong with some people on here, what are they doing wrong by wanting it today ? Not like everyone has skipped work to rush down and buy it is it ?

The mings are the people who criticise on here, not the people in that queue.

I didn't mention my thoughts on teaching management, it was you that implied you couldn't teach it.

I also didn't say it wasn't there, merely that I hadn't seen it, so your suggestion that I was correcting the previous post was wrong. Though I am this time.

I also didn't say I wanted the thread to only be facts. You're terrible at this.

As for the website, we can change it, and probably will, so it's hardly restrictive.

I'm on here plenty, it's easier to access.

dude chill out, its the internet. we could go round in circles all day. any one who gets up at 5am and comes on here on a sunday morning needs to chill out big time.

terrible at what? point scoring online? i coulnd't care less, but i apologise for the ramblings of a drunk last night btw.

if u learnt that everyone has to be right why not use that to effect and realise that not everyone can be right, be safe in the knowledge that u are right and rather than berate others for not being in the know why don't u try and be a little more humble. we all have to be right, but we all make mistakes. my original two points are u come across as a know it all, and the website is sh*t and needs a new look & developer. u've only done to further the argument for the first one and have only tried to disagree with the second, when u agree with me on the whole. but i think i'm right on both and trying to change someone's opinions is like trying to change their taste.

i don't use any other forum that has this ethos of oneupsmanship, and it's basically trolling. every half decent discussion on here turns into some playground antics type sh*t. it's so f*cking b*tchy on here! no1 ever answers the quoted post and just dodges round the issue if they are wrong. the amount of made up thesis about how club x is bigger than club y, or ur not a real fan if u don't adhere to a strict dresscode. first time i saw a thread moved i was amazed that there were actually mods here.

cba with any more of this now, and sorry for the run on sentences, by head hurts.

I fail to understand why fellow Saints fans are described as "sad" and "utter mongs" for queueing up on a Sunday lunchtime to buy the new shirt on launch day.

WTF is wrong with some people on here, what are they doing wrong by wanting it today ? Not like everyone has skipped work to rush down and buy it is it ?

Absolutely, we have some horrific fans on here.

I will tell you...

it is because a fair few on here have spent the last 48 hours telling us how this kit is bad going on to a disgrace. Some suggesting that we are throwing everything that is saints in the bin (i do wonder if that was the thought in 1980.?).....and the sight of many queuing up to get such a poor kit can't be anything to do with that fact many might actually like it....no no, that can't be as it is such a bad kit and has nothing to do with saints etc.

now, people are only getting it due to the premier league effect...probably true in some cases...hell, I'm sure they are many factors into why people get football tops...myself, I don't get them often, usually the away kits if I do. I got the Sash kit as it was very different and NOTHING to do with saints in my lifetime..and I really do no connect with some black and white photo's from way over 100 years ago. I never got last seasons kit, as quite frankly, red and white stripe standard saints tops are pretty common with saints fans...I will get this home top as it is something different to our red (and white) tradition.

I'm sure, if the megastore was empty, those who have been telling us what a disgrace this kit is, would be saying that the store is empty because the kit is crap...but then again for the very reasons buying a kit..if the store was empty, I'm sure there would have been many factors there too..

this is not a bad first day for such a "disgusting" kit. not bad what so ever and I look forward to getting mine

Why would Saints fans label other Saints fans "mongs"? Just don't get it.

I wouldn't buy or wear a replica kit, but I certainly wouldn't have dig at those that do (And putting money into the club at the same time).

agree makes them sadder than the people they called mongs,good luck to those who want the new saints gear.

at the risk of being called a mong, does anyone know what the queue is like now?

and it's just so i can have my shirt asap!

but i did say to my little brother that i would get him a shirt for his birthday when they came out, and that was 2 months ago. do i still apply for mong status with this criteria?

Because far too many posters are total and utter pr1cks.

Fair play to all those queuing, if I lived in Soton I'd have taken the nipper down and queued to get his.

I haven't updated my shirt since 1991, Branfoot era. IMO this was our best shirt and despite the opinion on this board a year were we dug in to ensure our place in the top flight.

I must admit i was tempted to buy a new premier shirt but I won't be bothering as you are most likely to be mistaken as a plastic 'Pool fan.

Absolute mongs

I do despair of the mentality of some on this site. How many people in that queue? And they are all "Absolute mongs". Obviously all of these people buying the new kit doesn`t fit in with the agenda of those who hate it:rolleyes: so those who like it and want to get hold of it quickly must be absolute mongs I suppose.

I do despair of the mentality of some on this site. How many people in that queue? And they are all "Absolute mongs". Obviously all of these people buying the new kit doesn`t fit in with the agenda of those who hate it:rolleyes: so those who like it and want to get hold of it quickly must be absolute mongs I suppose.

It's not the buying of the shirt or the design of it. Anybody prepared to spend hours on a sunday morning queuing to get it when they could walk in in a few days and get it in 5 mins, or even just order it online, is a bit mental IMO

People are QUEUEING at West Quay for these monstrosities ?

:lol: Deary me. Some people will suck up any old sh*t in the name of "support".

Can you not accept that some people actually like the shirts?

Edited by shirleysfc

People are QUEUEING at West Quay for these monstrosities ?

:lol: Deary me. Some people will suck up any old sh*t in the name of "support".

I think it's safe to say that the people who think they are 'monstrosities'' are very much in the minority.

It's not the buying of the shirt or the design of it. Anybody prepared to spend hours on a sunday morning queuing to get it when they could walk in in a few days and get it in 5 mins, or even just order it online, is a bit mental IMO

But it is their choice! Just because they are doing something that you wouldn't doesn't make them "mongs".

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2