Sports Personality of the Year 2012

jawillwill

Oh and don't know if you saw ' A league of their own' on Friday but Laura Trott was saying one of the tricks of the team was to jack off to the point of orgams but not quite to cum just prior to launching and as a rule your time is much better due, presumably to endorphins.

The idea of Trott Pendleton etc doing that is pretty fantastic and also explains why Jody Cundy was so ****ed off in the paras :lol:

Team Sky should be close for team of the year, any chance of them getting it on a BBC show though?

The prize will go to the "Team GB Cycling Team". And rightly so.

Can't see team of the year being given to the entire Team GB olympic team - its not a team, just an organisation, and some areas - swimming, team sports - massively underperformed.

Did he even get nominated a few years back when he smashed the Aussies all over the place?

Achievements on Cricket tours come at the wrong time of year for this award.

Probably bad timing and not really "fashionable" compared to some of the Olympians, but a much better achievement than cyclying around a track a couple of times in a sport that no-one is really interested in.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just impossible. Sarah Storry has achieved stunning things but won't win, any one of them would have walked it in previous years.

To be honest haven't looked forward to a SPOTY this much before, ever. Just looking forward to the montages. I will be crying like a little baby girl and I don't care. For some reason sporting heroism always gets me.

Got to be Andy Murray. The sheer physicality involved in that final against Djokovic for the US open combined with the emotional journey of Wimbledon despair to Olympic glory means he should get it in my opinion. Though, to be honest... so many possible winners this year. Such a strong field.

Got to be Andy Murray. The sheer physicality involved in that final against Djokovic for the US open combined with the emotional journey of Wimbledon despair to Olympic glory means he should get it in my opinion. Though, to be honest... so many possible winners this year. Such a strong field.

I agree with that but it won't be him, he has no personality

Praying its Ellie.

I love that girl, and it would be fantastic for a Paralympian to win this year.

That said, all of them are more than deserved winners. Any other year they would probably all win by a country mile.

Think it will probably be Wiggo, who in fairness is cool as **** (yes I'm a repressed wanna be mod).

That picture of him on the throne after he won gold has to be the coolest thing ever.

Definitely a case for plenty of athletes this year. I certainly couldn't argue against Wiggins being a worthy winner, but I still pick Andy Murray for the reasons I said above. Such a close competition this year.

Wiggins without doubt achieved the greatest this year. It is just a shame for him that his sport is so associated with "Cheating".

True sports fans will vote for him a million times over. But how much da,age has Lance Armstrong done to his sport.

Just watched "my mate" Poulter talking about Rory... Did I ever mention how I helped him to start his career??? :smug:

And no I ain't gonna bore y'all but where was his first win? The 17th hole in that event some poor bstd had to stand dead still for 12 minutes or he would have had a penalty and not won his 1st Tournament. The photo was European Tour picture of the year and published in the ET Yearbook that year...

Murray really SHOULD win - first Brit to win a Singles tournament at Wimbledon & a Major since forever. But he won't

The prize will go to the "Team GB Cycling Team". And rightly so.

Can't see team of the year being given to the entire Team GB olympic team - its not a team, just an organisation, and some areas - swimming, team sports - massively underperformed.

Another sparklingly correct prediction from me then.

Haven't changed my view though - It's all a bit lame in my opinion - if the "team of the year" is not one, but two multisport organisations made up of countless governing bodies, coaches, individuals and athletes, then you might as well give the 2012 SPOTY Award to, like, "everyone". Just stupid.

Another sparklingly correct prediction from me then.

Haven't changed my view though - It's all a bit lame in my opinion - if the "team of the year" is not one, but two multisport organisations made up of countless governing bodies, coaches, individuals and athletes, then you might as well give the 2012 SPOTY Award to, like, "everyone". Just stupid.

Totally agree, total ********

Not sure about team gb winning, feels more like a collection of individuals than a team working together to win something

Quite an impressive team though! Take it you are a big golf fan? I think with such a year 2012 has been with the Olympics it is brilliant that they have all been recconised.

Quite an impressive team though! Take it you are a big golf fan? I think with such a year 2012 has been with the Olympics it is brilliant that they have all been recconised.

Not a particularly big golf fan. I would have picked one part of the Olympic squad, maybe cycling or rowing. The Ryder cup was something quite special when they overturned the deficit. Team sky should have been in with a shout.

TEAM OF THE YEAR

For the team in an individual sport or sporting discipline that has achieved the most notable performance in the calendar year to date. The team should have significant UK interest or involvement.

For the avoidance of doubt this criteria excludes Team GB/Paralympics GB but includes the likes of British Cycling, Rowing Coxless Four and the European Ryder Cup team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/19997397

TEAM OF THE YEAR

For the team in an individual sport or sporting discipline that has achieved the most notable performance in the calendar year to date. The team should have significant UK interest or involvement.

For the avoidance of doubt this criteria excludes Team GB/Paralympics GB but includes the likes of British Cycling, Rowing Coxless Four and the European Ryder Cup team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/19997397

Hmm that changes my stance a bit, that is their rules!