Gazzaniga going on loan

Turkish

For all those saying Gazza is not ready, it can be argued he developed a better understanding and organisation with our defence than the other two in the limited time given to him.

You know nothing. Don't comment on players who you have never even seen.

Some of you guys just totally crack me up with your positivity-cum-delusional pompous claptrap.

You sit at your keyboards, judging who is and who isnt Premiership material, and mentally discarding those who have found ill-favour with you as part of SFC history.

Yet, the team left currently is f**king sh*te, and not of Premiership quality itself. We arent talking about a strong competitive team where Billy Sharp or Gazza have made screw-ups that have led to defeat, oh no, its the f**kers like Fox and Fonte that are still here that are doing that. Week-in, week-out. Yet when talk comes to them you go on about "getting behind them".

Hypocritical delusional b*ll*cks.

You're not making any point to anyone here, the only thing this post gives out is entertainment.

But yeah I am surprised about this, I think Gazzaniga has been our best keeper. If there is a recall clause then it shouldn't be too much of a problem but I hope for NA's sake Boruc comes good. If Boruc continues to struggle and turns out to be no better than KD we must be able to recall Gazzaniga because otherwise this decision will be a monumental cock-up.

Gazza was shocking against everton; goals 2 and 3 were embarrassing. Against Fulham he looked 'premature'. TBF, haven't seen enough of Boruc yet to know if he's any better. All I would say is that a goalkeeping merry go round can't be good for the defence.

And yes, Alpine do shut up.

Edited by sotonjoe
said villa instead of everton

Gazza was shocking against Villa; goals 2 and 3 were embarrassing. Against Fulham he looked 'premature'. TBF, haven't seen enough of Boruc yet to know if he's any better. All I would say is that a goalkeeping merry go round can't be good for the defence.

And yes, Alpine do shut up.

Villa only scored 1, think you mean Everton.

Gazza is a very good young keeper who needs to be playing. Should that be in our side or shall it be out on loan? I'd be surprised if the club are taking this Boruc incident seriously and then let Gazza go out on loan, because we've already admitted Davis isn't good enough hence him being dropped. At present, Gazza is our best keeper, but if he's not going to play for us, then he'd be better off going out on loan and playing games.

I don't get the major concern regarding this. Ok, I feel he is our best keeper but not by much over Boruc & Davis, but if he isn't going to be playing here, he is best off going out on loan. The longest he can go for at the moment is 3 months, and during this period we will have a 24 hour recall option on it. We have nothing to lose. He is a young keeper who needs game time and a team like Bristol City could be a decent shout as they will ultimately concede goals and he'll get plenty of practice. Of course he'd potentially get plenty of chances to save shots here but he wont if he isn't playing!

My only concern with the situation is if Gazza goes on loan to be an option alongside their keeper and not as his replacement, then really he is going to Bristol City to do the same job he's doing here which is a waste of everyone's time.

We saw what happened to Bart when he didnt play games. Do we really want the same to happen to Gazza?

Edited by itchen_dan

Just speculation and a random thought - but has anyone considered how attitude, and reaction to being dropped may have influenced this ? (If true of course).

If Gazzaniga has sulked over this, then NA may have decided to move him 'out of the building' temporarily.

I have pointed out the hypocrisy of some of you lot in my post, whereas you have failed to point out how I am a hypocrite. If you think making observations about my inability to attend and waist-size means that I am a hypocrite, you clearly havent the slightest grasp of what the word actually means.

Let me spell it out for you: You criticise people for 'Sitting at their keyboards, judging...' whilst sitting at your keyboard, judging. Perhaps if you dont understand how that is hypocritical, it is you who needs to reach for the dictionary?

Gazza is a very good young keeper who needs to be playing. Should that be in our side or shall it be out on loan? I'd be surprised if the club are taking this Boruc incident seriously and then let Gazza go out on loan, because we've already admitted Davis isn't good enough hence him being dropped. At present, Gazza is our best keeper, but if he's not going to play for us, then he'd be better off going out on loan and playing games.

Boruc will just get a club fine, maybe a week's pay.

Garza won't be going anywhere by the looks of it! Peach just tweeted that saints are looking at severe action against boruc! Agreed fans shouldn't abuse players, when you are in this position players need to keep their cool! No matter what, boruc let himself down and the club with his actions so early on his career at saints!

Garza won't be going anywhere by the looks of it! Peach just tweeted that saints are looking at severe action against boruc! Agreed fans shouldn't abuse players, when you are in this position players need to keep their cool! No matter what, boruc let himself down and the club with his actions so early on his career at saints!

That's despite Adkins being reported this morning as having no knowledge of the incident.

Is there any real basis for the Gazza loan story? Where has it come from other than the OP. Given the OP is Mr Turkish it could be ******.

Sometimes I wonder if the intelligent life in Southampton has left and the remainder should be castrated because otherwise the city will attract the reputation of being exactly like such luminous areas as Portsea, Paulsgrove, etc.

Did anyone think to question the OP or wait for official confirmation? No.

Did anyone actually think, or was capable of, actually reading the post?

Let's put a couple of obvious things out there.

Send a player out on loan because SFC have said they wanted 3 keepers available for the first team, like most teams do - including BC who, incidentally, have no injuries noted to any of their keepers (one of whom is much more likely to take the place of the first choice if required than someone who is 2nd/3rd choice at another club) according to their web site.

Send him to a club that are 2nd from bottom in the league below because the logic is that he shouldn't be played behind a defence that is struggling and in a team that is struggling. Presumably that 'logic' applies only in one division and not the other.

Quite why anyone doesn't simply put the OP to the test (or ignore, even) I would have to wonder. Then I read the posts from the majority on here and wonder no more.

I remember when Bart was the next great thing, threads about how he could replace Kelvin and was the best young keeper around-how did that work out?

AB is the number 1.

It's better to have a number 2 ready to come on at short notice whose experianced. It's a tough job, as 99.9% of the time you wont be needed, but have to prepare like you are. That's better for an older guy.

So Gazza is either number 3, or loaned out to get games with coaching staff keeping a close eye on him. Maybe a great season on loan and he'll be number 1 next season. He's not ready yet and the last thing we need is his devolopment hampered by being smashed every week or not playing.

That's despite Adkins being reported this morning as having no knowledge of the incident.

Is there any real basis for the Gazza loan story? Where has it come from other than the OP. Given the OP is Mr Turkish it could be ******.

Yeah yeah whatever.

Davis is still our best keeper, two changes of keeper and we still leak like a sieve. The defence needs someone they're familiar with rather than trying to learn two new keepers playing style. Get rid of Bungle and keep Gazza as sub.

People believing that Davis is an adequate keeper is what got us into this mess in the first place. Number 1 priority last May was a real PL goalkeeper. We didn't get that right and we've been up the creek ever since. Davis is slow going down, slow to come out, his positioning is awful and his kicking even worse.

Davis is still our best keeper, two changes of keeper and we still leak like a sieve. The defence needs someone they're familiar with rather than trying to learn two new keepers playing style. Get rid of Bungle and keep Gazza as sub.

Davis is shockingly bad, at least with Gazza in goal he can actually distribute the ball to a SAINTS player rather than hopelessly kick it forward or in case of the Man U game just pass it out to their wingers.. and in terms of shot stopping he has also been terrible, against Arsenal he got beaten at his near post and the free kick was in the middle of goal.. If people still think Kelvin Davis is 'premiership quality' they're delusional, I agree he has been a great servant to the club and should be rewarded for such by keeping him around and helping Gazza and Cropper learning from his 'experience' but he is not good enough to play at this level and personally think the defence worry and therefore play worse when he is in goal

Davis is shockingly bad, at least with Gazza in goal he can actually distribute the ball to a SAINTS player rather than hopelessly kick it forward or in case of the Man U game just pass it out to their wingers.. and in terms of shot stopping he has also been terrible, against Arsenal he got beaten at his near post and the free kick was in the middle of goal.. If people still think Kelvin Davis is 'premiership quality' they're delusional, I agree he has been a great servant to the club and should be rewarded for such by keeping him around and helping Gazza and Cropper learning from his 'experience' but he is not good enough to play at this level and personally think the defence worry and therefore play worse when he is in goal

But he's probably a bit of a lad in the changing rooms and no doubt tweets photos of himself with a carboard box on his head.

Yeah yeah whatever.
Reaction suggest no basis in fact. You only needed to indicate where you heard it. But like a lot of the other stuff you post on here this would suggest you just made it up to gain attention, something to do in between pestering people with your telesales patter.

Davis is not the best keeper in the club. Doubt if he is the best keeper in his family.

Davis is not the best keeper in the club. Doubt if he is the best keeper in his family.

To be fair to the guy, he was fantastic last season.

I meet a Sunderland fan on holiday and he was saying he couldn't believe we were promoted with "that clown in goal". I said he was great last season and after SRL the main reason we were promoted, he just laughed at me.

To be fair to the guy, he was fantastic last season.

I meet a Sunderland fan on holiday and he was saying he couldn't believe we were promoted with "that clown in goal". I said he was great last season and after SRL the main reason we were promoted, he just laughed at me.

Not that fantastic, in fact I'd say we got promotion despite having Davis in goal. With a decent keeper we'd have topped 100 points.

Reaction suggest no basis in fact. You only needed to indicate where you heard it. But like a lot of the other stuff you post on here this would suggest you just made it up to gain attention, something to do in between pestering people with your telesales patter.

Yeah because i've got a history of making up stories to gain attention. Like when i made up that we were talking to Clyne, along with other clubs 6 weeks before he joined and confirmed he was signing 3 days before he did.

Or the story i made up that we were in for Phillips, he was desperate for the move and it came down to Blackpool playing ball. THis made up story was bizarrely repeated by Holloway only this week.

I've been advised he's going on loan, probably to Bristol City, he may happen, it may not. Just reporting what i've been told.

If it doesn't it'll be totally made up to gain attention from you lot.

I'd be very, very surprised if he ended up at Bristol City.

Their number one is Tom Heaton and backup is Dean Gerken who is IMO a very able goalie having seen him a few times. Neither are injured at the moment either.

I just can't see this one happening at all, but we'll wait and see....

Some of you guys just totally crack me up with your positivity-cum-delusional pompous claptrap.

You sit at your keyboards, judging who is and who isnt Premiership material, and mentally discarding those who have found ill-favour with you as part of SFC history.

Yet, the team left currently is f**king sh*te, and not of Premiership quality itself. We arent talking about a strong competitive team where Billy Sharp or Gazza have made screw-ups that have led to defeat, oh no, its the f**kers like Fox and Fonte that are still here that are doing that. Week-in, week-out. Yet when talk comes to them you go on about "getting behind them".

Hypocritical delusional b*ll*cks.

With all due respect mate why do you have to get so hectic about it? It's just my opinion.

If we had the same amount of cover up front as we have defensively then of course it would have been insanity to let him go. However that isnt the case. The problem doesnt seem to be scoring goals more to stop them going in our net.

With all due respect mate why do you have to get so hectic about it? It's just my opinion.

If we had the same amount of cover up front as we have defensively then of course it would have been insanity to let him go. However that isnt the case. The problem doesnt seem to be scoring goals more to stop them going in our net.

Wasnt specifically getting "hectic" with you, this "aint good enough for us" or "aint good enough for the PL" arrogant attitude is very prevalent on here at the moment. Yet many of those footballing sages go schtum after the latest defensive screw-up.

Here's a thought: its a pity that NA and NC didnt react with the same strength and decisiveness, when it became ball-achingly apparent that our defence wasnt good enough for this level, that they appear to have when it became apparent (to them, at least) that Sharp and Gazza arent good enough for this level....

Here's a thought: its a pity that NA and NC didnt react with the same strength and decisiveness, when it became ball-achingly apparent that our defence wasnt good enough for this level, that they appear to have when it became apparent (to them, at least) that Sharp and Gazza arent good enough for this level....

NA actually did though several times....

Seems Gazza's been made the scapegoat for our atrocious defense. Really gutted when neither Boruc or Kelvin are going to keep us in the Premier League.

Just wait, anyone who plays well tonight will go straight into the team next game, regardless of the fact we should be building on the team who did well 2nd half Sunday. Adkins is going to have an awful lot to answer for.

I get the impression he's using this season to experiment all his quirky ideas, or, at least, up to the new year when he hopes everything will fall miraculously into place and keep us up. :(

Seems Gazza's been made the scapegoat for our atrocious defense. Really gutted when neither Boruc or Kelvin are going to keep us in the Premier League.

Just wait, anyone who plays well tonight will go straight into the team next game, regardless of the fact we should be building on the team who did well 2nd half Sunday. Adkins is going to have an awful lot to answer for.

I get the impression he's using this season to experiment all his quirky ideas, or, at least, up to the new year when he hopes everything will fall miraculously into place and keep us up. :(

Don't be ridiculous. He's a young man with only one season L2 experience under his belt. He's been sent on loan to get experience and we have two experienced keepers now Boruc is here.

Don't be ridiculous. He's a young man with only one season L2 experience under his belt. He's been sent on loan to get experience and we have two experienced keepers now Boruc is here.

Except one of them is rubbish and the other will no doubt get suspended/burnt at the stake for his water bottle 'incident'

I don't get the Sun but I understand it was in there, nuff said. Not on OS. If Davis is a liability, if he has to play isn't he still a liability? I think Gazzaniga is better than Boruc, who was awful against WHU and was at best average against Spurs. He might be 20 but he is cool headed, kicks well and is a good all round keeper. He should be playing for us. He had no chance with either of the goals v Fulham and was in the right position to save if Hooiveld hadn't deflected the second goal past him and the first was going wide until Hooiveld sliced it into our net.

Gazza has bags of potential, but he would not be my first choice between the sticks in this relegation battle of a season we are in. He has only 20 professional games under his belt (at league one level) plus a couple for us this season. Compare that to Boruc's 200+ for Celtic and Fiorentina and Kelvin's many seasons as first choice keeper for us, Sunderland Ipswich etc.

If Boruc is going to be first choice this season, which barring a severely harsh punishment seems very likely, it would do Gazzaniga a lot of good to go out on loan and play some first teams games in the npc. However, if Boruc were not available for whatever reason for an extended period I would hope that we'd recall Gazzaniga and put him straight in the team.

Yeah because i've got a history of making up stories to gain attention. Like when i made up that we were talking to Clyne, along with other clubs 6 weeks before he joined and confirmed he was signing 3 days before he did.

Or the story i made up that we were in for Phillips, he was desperate for the move and it came down to Blackpool playing ball. THis made up story was bizarrely repeated by Holloway only this week.

I've been advised he's going on loan, probably to Bristol City, he may happen, it may not. Just reporting what i've been told.

If it doesn't it'll be totally made up to gain attention from you lot.

13k+ posts and 2 allegedly were news to everyone. The Phillips story was all over the place, how you can claim that is an absloute classic. You do have a reputation of making things up, and posting rubbish, thats the problem. So when you do post something that is vaguely interesting or might have some legs no-one believes you. So you are reporting "what you've been told" abaout Gazza, so why don't you say that in the first place? Who have you been told by, doesn't need to be a name, just an idea, was it a cabbie, someone that works at the club, a little elf that you met on your travels, a journo from the Echo, or was it something that you read in the Sun (which is what one person claims, should be easy to establish, I'm sure someone on here reads the Sun, or at least looks at the pictures, or can take a look at one down the Take-away tonight)? We've got 2 pages now on this rumour, and only one possible substantive report that it may be true. In all seriousness, going to Bristol City really would be a very strange one, shipping out a keeper who needs games to a team that has 2 good keepers, but who are also having a crisis and are lacking in confidence. I actually suspect Gazza may go out on loan, and it was probably the plan from the start, just that things changed a bit when we had to replace KD, but now that we have Boruc we do not need to play our inexperienced keeper in the PL. We'll see.

Bloody hell Vectis; either choose to believe it or don't, it's quite simple.

Doesn't matter whether I choose to believe it or not, we'll know soon enough. Its actually all over the web that he is about to sign or even that he has already signed if you google gazzaniga and bristol city. But if you read them most of the stories point back to someone posting on here. It is on the Sun's web pages by the way, if Mr Turkish had let us know this then there may not have been so much fecking speculation. Still find it strange to go to Bristol City, their message boards seem to suggest they are crying out for a RB or a MF enforcer.