• Rodriguez
    • Puncheon
    • Lallana
    • Ramirez
    • Guly

In the pub

Good game... Reading were terrible

We were miles better

How that was just 1-0 to us I will never know.

Would have been criminal if we did not win that. But we did.

Much prefer kelvin in goal

Fonte looks every bit a prem defender

All the lads done well.

Fonte my MOM

But could easily be many others!!

Overall a fairly good performance. The game was very physical and niggly. The referee deserved some, but not all of the stick he was getting.

Puncheon was the best player on the pitch and was ultimately the difference between the two sides.

Rodriguez had his best game in a Saints shirt in my view, but still has more to do to justify the price tag.

In the pub

Good game... Reading were terrible

We were miles better

How that was just 1-0 to us I will never know.

Would have been criminal if we did not win that. But we did.

Much prefer kelvin in goal

Fonte looks every bit a prem defender

All the lads done well.

Fonte my MOM

But could easily be many others!!

Fonte has grown into the Premier League, definitely. KUTGW Jose

Watched a stream of the game. Not really sure how they can say we where dire? First half we dominated, second better. Great goal and the relationship of Clyne and Punch gets better each game. Luke Shaw will play for England in the future top performance. Kelvin did well when called upon. Loved the chant to Jason Roberts, don't like him as a player seems to just expect free kicks all the time. Hope Lallana's knee not too bad and onto the next one. COYRS

Watched a stream of the game. Not really sure how they can say we where dire? First half we dominated, second better. Great goal and the relationship of Clyne and Punch gets better each game. Luke Shaw will play for England in the future top performance. Kelvin did well when called upon. Loved the chant to Jason Roberts, don't like him as a player seems to just expect free kicks all the time. Hope Lallana's knee not too bad and onto the next one. COYRS

What was the chant? Didn't hear it!

I f()cking hate him too. In fact, I don't like Reading at all. Nonentity of a club, noddy fans who get issued songsheets, horrible team, niggily, players, they just sit there, doing nothing, nick a goal and close up. The Championship is more deserving of such a club.

Could we please get the man tied down?

Reading were hopeless - very poor in possession and never looked remotely like scoring apart from set pieces and the odd time Saints committed a lot of players forward and we almost got stung on the break. Fonte and Yoshi didn't have much to do , never mind Superkelv.

Cork was excellent and my MOTM. Both fullbacks very good too - Clyne caught the eye in particular. He's a fine player.

I actually thought it was one of Lambert's poorer games

For all his hard work, Rodriguez does not look like a Premier League striker to me - a bit clumsy, and just half a step off the pace in the penalty area, e.g. he doesn't get a shot away in time. Wouldn't mind getting a look at Mayuka in a central role (although ideally Gastón will play just behind Lambert, hoping Lallana's injury isn't serious.

Shaw is a revaluation.

They tried to target him as every goal kick went his way. No problem

They are terrible

Their luck from last season has well and truly run out.

They should be thankful they only lost by 1

Even GULY looked good when he came on and should have scored!!!

such a vital win today that propels us all the way up to 15th, punch took his goal well. abit disappointing to see jrod not making the most of a rare first team start, with hindsight i think i would much rather prefer michu at 2mil. but of course we don't know how much jrod will develop in the future if he ever does.

a game we should keep an eye on during our two week break would be the re-arranged game between sunderland and reading, anything other than a sunderland win would be perfect for us

It wasn't a classic by any means, but we were better than them in every department. Similar to last season really, but they don't have that head of steam anymore.

They're just a bog standard Championship team who have somehow found themselves in teh PL on the back of a good run, that's it. They didn't improve on it in the summer and they will continue to be a bog standard Championship team in the PL, therefore they will go down pretty easily. McDermot doesn't really have a clue if he thinks that's a 0-0 game, and if he does then I fear for Reading.

We should have won that 2, or 3-0. 1-0 flattered them really on the balance over 90mins. We were just sharper than them in most area's of the pitch, and had those little injections of quality at key moments which they don't have. Our recent run has given us alot to be confident about, although we need to take into consideration the opponents we have played, you must say that we are starting to look every bit the premiership team as the weeks go on now.

A nice break now, which I think we need, and onto another huge 6 pointer.

Luke Shaw is mature above his years, Reading put that big lump Roberts up against him in the first half and Shaw made him look a mug. Jay Rod put in a great shift IMO today closing down and chasing, Punch and Clyne have developed a great understanding long may it continue.

Is it too much to expect to see Punch in the full England squad?

Sounds bizarre, but he really has improved that much ...

If he keeps up his form and we stay up ... worth a look for Roy for sure, and he has shown he is prepared to look around. Cortese sign him up!

Puncheon and Clyne, what a fantastic partnership! Ramirez and Shaw also combined well and it was great to see Shaw displaying his attacking qualities; early days, but, at the moment, he looks destined to become a truly great player

Them linking up reminds me (slightly) of Bridge and Marsden - except I actually think Puncheon and Clyne are technically better, but their understanding is getting towards that level I think??

Huge result today, looking forward to seeing the disallowed goal again, looked fine from where I was!! Even though he didn't score its fair to mention how good Lambert was today, he was a ****ing beast getting stuck in all over the pitch!!

Rickie's control and layoff in the build-up to the goal were absolutely superb.

Yes, I think we're THAT much better than the bottom three, and probably a few teams above them.

But we're a side that needs to score that vital second goal, and we need to work on that.

Deserved the win as we dominated throughout.

Thought our build up play was good but we were very timid in the penalty area, with more aggression we would have had 3.

Rickie was subdued but Shaw, Ramirez, Puncheon and Clyne shone.

Is that the same Reading team that beat us in April?

They look like relegation material to me.