Villa Build Up Thread

saints_is_the_south

We should be able to wear the white kit for this one?

Hope not. Our fans dont seem to be able to cheer on the team when we're in white... 'Come on you....errm.......reds?' Happened on Saturday and happened at Liverpool.

Hope it's either Red or Yelllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwww

What has happened to Agbonlahor?! I used to really rate him, thought he was going to go on to big things. Pretty uneffective these days...

He was exciting in that team with Young, Milner etc. I don't think they use him well enough anymore, I reckon he'd do very well at another club

Looks like this is pretty much sold out.

I called the ticket office last week as I was worried they would sell out before going on general sale yesterday. They said there were a thousand tickets left and I gleefully snapped up my tickets yesterday. Why are we not selling this out??

I called the ticket office last week as I was worried they would sell out before going on general sale yesterday. They said there were a thousand tickets left and I gleefully snapped up my tickets yesterday. Why are we not selling this out??

It is sold out. http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/villa-away-sold-out-586766.aspx

Call me a loony but I'm wondering if Adkins will start with De Ridder vs Villa? I can see him attacking the box from the left and Puncheon from the right scaring the life out of Villa's defence.

I'll keep taking the tablets....

It would be a decent tactic, if he was actually any good. ;)

He'd just run into blind alleys, run into people, and give away free kicks.

People will say that we can't defend etc, but throughout the season we've always had a decent set up - at the start we were just a little gung ho, and many of the goals we conceded were from individual errors, slips, OG's etc. Gary Neville brought it up a few months back, paused it before a goal we conceded and said our set up was fine...it was just a slip which caused the goal. Happened a few other occasions as well.

We've cut that out, players have adjusted, and we still have a decent defensive setup through the whole side, which now shows with a little tweaking. Villa, generally, don't. They just don't work or defend as a team anywhere, that's the difference in my book.

Call me a loony but I'm wondering if Adkins will start with De Ridder vs Villa? I can see him attacking the box from the left and Puncheon from the right scaring the life out of Villa's defence.

I'll keep taking the tablets....

Perhaps Puncheon the right and Tadanari down the left (from the bench?) Need to get crosses in the box as Bradford did.

We should start with same attacking line up as in Stoke Game. Jay Rod and Guly deserve to start imo. Ramirez on bench.

Cork back in CM and Clyne RB. Unfortunatley Jos will play which is the biggest worry for me.

Hopefully Ireland won't start as he was causing us quite a few problems in reverse fixture, before going off injured.

We should start with same attacking line up as in Stoke Game. Jay Rod and Guly deserve to start imo. Ramirez on bench.

Cork back in CM and Clyne RB. Unfortunatley Jos will play which is the biggest worry for me.

Hopefully Ireland won't start as he was causing us quite a few problems in reverse fixture, before going off injured.

Ramirez destroyed them second half at our place. No way should he start on the bench.

Rodriguez on the bench for me.

Ramirez destroyed them second half at our place. No way should he start on the bench.

Rodriguez on the bench for me.

Agree - Ramirez played really well vs Arsenal and is madness not to start him in a game like this. These games are exactly the reason we went to all the effort to sign him because he will be thebest player on the pitch!

Team should be this:

--------------------Any keeper----------------

Clyne--------Fonte/Jos----------Yoshida------Shaw

---------------Cork-----------Morgan-----------

Puncheon-----------Ramirez---------------Guly

--------------------Lambert-------------------