Villa Build Up Thread

saints_is_the_south

-------------------Boruc

Clyne-----Yoshida-----Hooiveld-----Shaw

-----------Morgan-----Cork

-----------------Ramirez

Puncheon----------------------Rodriguez

-----------------Lambert

Forget about Astori for this. He's not our player yet and probably won't be in tme for the weekend either. I think this is the best we can come up with from what we've got. Rodriguez was one of the few to come out of yesterday with any credit, so IMO deserves this. Lambert isn't the best runner, so could do with one or both wingers running ahead of him when required and Rodriguez will do that.

-------------------Boruc

-----------------Ramirez

-----------------Lambert

Forget about Astori for this. He's not our player yet and probably won't be in tme for the weekend either. I think this is the best we can come up with from what we've got. Rodriguez was one of the few to come out of yesterday with any credit, so IMO deserves this. Lambert isn't the best runner, so could do with one or both wingers running ahead of him when required and Rodriguez will do that.

Depends if Clyne and Gaston will be fit though. Think we sometimes understate injuries to our players.

Adkins said post match he expects them to be fine.

he said that Clyne was almost there on Tuesday, not risked perhaps. Don't think NA is particulary accurate when he ever speaks about injuries. Said we had "knocks" before another game as well but they'd probably play, then we had quite a few changes, Fulham perhaps or Stoke, can't remember.

NB Stoke it was Gaston and Clyne.

My villa supporting mate is rubbing his hands for this game

They have players back from injury and got a good draw at Swansea (should have won), won yesterday with a 2nd 11. And notices we don't win away.

The only team that should have won was Swansea, they battered Villa and should have been 4 up in the first 20 minutes. They were also ran close by Ipswich. Hopefully bradford will give them a tough game on Tuesday. We are in the better form and will be fresher so i think we should be winning this one.

If saints dont get some players to boost squad and maily for sub options by Villa game then a loss on Saturday would make it very difficult to gain 12 to 15 points from rest of games.

Villa game at home was a surprise result to many fans, I for won couldnt belive how rubbish Villa played. I cant see the same for the away trip. The key to Saints winning is movement on the flanks maily from lambo. Gaston and Punch who make a good triangle of options. Cork and Clyne can provide options but too oftem its predictable and easy to defend.

Saints are not a tough solid side, we dont have the muscle players like terry Hurlock to scare off a quick forward, we dont have the composure to defend set plays and we cant deal with crosses. I think Villa will be much much better and Saints can get a draw at best.

The goal keeper situation is like watching a clown in goal, you just know he is going to slip up. It could be too much pressure for Saints which will see too many behined the lines and over passing. Saints creat chances but dont put enough away, its will be another Stoke away !! 1-1

-------------------????

-----------------Ramirez

Puncheon----------------------Guly

-----------------Lambert

Villa are improving all the time as lambert and his young players settle in. They know this is a 'six-pointer' as well as we so they're not going to let it slip without a fight. It looks like it's between them and us for that nasty 18th place. Much as I'd l;ike to think we can get a good result, Villa will think the same, they're at home with massive support and it won't be easy. The best we can expect is 1-1 or 2-2 but my feeling is we'll lose this 3-1. Sorry but that hammering from the Cossacks will have rattled our confidence and if we go behind panic may set in.

We're starting to look shakey - Villa are poor, but could do us at their place... 1-2 I'm afraid.

How are we 'starting to look shakey', I wouldn't read too much into the Chelsea game, the team selection showed we didn't really care and that rubs off on the players, whereas Chelsea were well up for it, motivated after a lazy shoing against QPR and the boost of a new striker.

Villa are improving all the time as lambert and his young players settle in. They know this is a 'six-pointer' as well as we so they're not going to let it slip without a fight. It looks like it's between them and us for that nasty 18th place. Much as I'd l;ike to think we can get a good result, Villa will think the same, they're at home with massive support and it won't be easy. The best we can expect is 1-1 or 2-2 but my feeling is we'll lose this 3-1. Sorry but that hammering from the Cossacks will have rattled our confidence and if we go behind panic may set in.

How are Villa improving? They ground out a 2-1 against Ipswich and before that they got lucky at Swansea who should have hammered them, that's on the back of 3-0 home loss to Wigan, a 4-0 home loss to Spurs and an 8-0 drubbing by Chelsea.

We have a decent chance at the 3 points IMO.

How are we 'starting to look shakey', I wouldn't read too much into the Chelsea game, the team selection showed we didn't really care and that rubs off on the players, whereas Chelsea were well up for it, motivated after a lazy shoing against QPR and the boost of a new striker.

How are Villa improving? They ground out a 2-1 against Ipswich and before that they got lucky at Swansea who should have hammered them, that's on the back of 3-0 home loss to Wigan, a 4-0 home loss to Spurs and an 8-0 drubbing by Chelsea.

We have a decent chance at the 3 points IMO.

The team selection showed we didn't care about the Chelsea game? How do you work that out? From what I could see, we only rested/rotated one player, Lambert, everything else was as full-strength as our injuries would allow.

Can see it being a draw, which is fine with me. 4 points off Villa and keeping them in sight is a huge bonus. Make no mistake, this is a game Villa fans are expecting to win, counting on 3 points, far more than us. Maybe they will win, but not if Saints play near potential and defend half sensibly. Villa are poor. The only worry is that Lambert actually sees sense and plays Bent, who will always score goals. I think we'll know very quickly how it'll go. If Saints take a lead, I think we'll win. If Villa do, it'll be very tough. They seem a side with little fight left if things aren't going well, but equally enough ability to push on if we give them a bit of confidence.

I read on twitter that the reason why Bent has been excluded from league games is that if he makes one for league appearance that will trigger a £7m payment to sunderland as part of the transfer deal. How true this is I have no idea but we will soon know come saturday.

Not going to be as easy as a couple of weeks ago. They now have N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor back, so they could cause some problems. Bent won't play if the rumours are true (1 league game away from owing Sunderland more money).

They're defence still looks pretty naff, and very young. We should score. Booking my tickets soon so really looking forward to this, huge game!

Bought my tickets today as went on general sale. Got coach tickets also at £20 each (not bad I thought)

I was worried they would sell out before today so I called the ticket office last week. They said there are absolutely loads of tickets available.

COME ON PEOPLE - WE NEED A BIG SUPPORT !!

My prediction?

We will score first, then gift them an equaliser out of the blue. We will then hang on, cause more heart scares, waste several great chances, before finally grabbing two late goals to secure 3 vital, magnificent, lovely points.

I will then be asked to leave hospitality immediately

If we play as we did against Stoke and Arsenal we should be OK. If we play as we did against Sunderland and Chelsea we will have problems.

I honestly didn't think we played that bad against Chelsea until they properly got up and running. It was just a case of them being too good for us, some of the football was unreal.

My prediction?

We will score first, then gift them an equaliser out of the blue. We will then hang on, cause more heart scares, waste several great chances, before finally grabbing two late goals to secure 3 vital, magnificent, lovely points.

I will then be asked to leave hospitality immediately

I'd take that

This match will come down to who plays better, Lambert or benteke. If Lambert is on song the you g villa defence will be enialated. However without fonte I worry if the same may be said for benteke.

I also see use of their squad members eg bent and agbonlahor, who could defo hurt us.

I am making a 420-mile round trip to Villa Park from Cornwall with my 6-year-old daughter, so we had better not lose! I honestly believe we can get a result on Saturday if we go there and have a go at them as Villa's defence is poor (and even poorer than ours with or without Fonte). COYS!

I am making a 420-mile round trip to Villa Park from Cornwall with my 6-year-old daughter, so we had better not lose! I honestly believe we can get a result on Saturday if we go there and have a go at them as Villa's defence is poor (and even poorer than ours with or without Fonte). COYS!

Top man. And doubly so for taking a 6 year old to a vital away match

Sir, I raise my hat to you! Hope your daughter enjoys the game and we win.

6-2 to the Gunners I am afraid.

I think we are due a thrashing and that Fulham will win 5-0

I think we are due a thrashing. 5-0 to The Stoke

I am afraid this will be where the season blows up in our faces, an easy 3-0 victory for Villa.

Excellent. A draw or a win for the Saints it is then.

-------------------Boruc

-----------------Ramirez

-----------------Lambert

Forget about Astori for this. He's not our player yet and probably won't be in tme for the weekend either. I think this is the best we can come up with from whatwe've got. Rodriguez was one of the few to come out of yesterday with any credit, so IMO deserves this. Lambert isn't the best runner, so could do with one or both wingers running ahead of him when required and Rodriguez will do that.

Looks about right, if we put this team out and don't beat villa then IMO we don't deserve to stay up.

At this stage I truly believe if we get 3 points off them we will stay up, season making / breaking game for me.

This match will come down to who plays better, Lambert or benteke. If Lambert is on song the you g villa defence will be enialated. However without fonte I worry if the same may be said for benteke.

I also see use of their squad members eg bent and agbonlahor, who could defo hurt us.

annihilated, don't apply for a job as a Dalek when you finish being a student. :rolleyes: