Two BIG exclusive interviews tomorrow

Saint-Armstrong

Its an Ok interview where Mr Cortese said exectly what you would expect him to say having sacked Adkins and brought in Pochettino - medium term plan to get to top 6 - time to make a change etc. I have to say I am getting very tired of this feud with MLT though. I was involved with two interested parties looking to buy the Club while in Admin but both withdrew very early on as they did not have sufficient funds to do it. My recollection was that MLT was asked by the Administrator to front up the jokers with NO money (as opposed to not having enough) and he agreed to do so but failed to ask for proof of funds. I am sure that MLT agreed to become involved in order to help save the Club and made an obvious mistake or was poorly advised - ok end of story and time to move on as he has to side with the current owners as we all do.

I think Mr Cortese has made a series of PR gaffes, communicates poorly or not at all and is too distant from the fanbase as a result. However he represents the owners and has to be judged on his decisions. If we reach mid table security the change of manager will be seen as a prudent move if we get relegated he will be blamed.

Whilst I agree with what you say, I couldnt really give a toss what some snotty nosed man city supporter from a bedsit in Croydon thinks.

Of course I would like Matty involved in a more positive way but he obviously has never tried to mend any bridges. Cortese doesnt strike me as a liar, if he says he has never met matt than I believe it. I just dont get the vitriol from Le Tiss' side TBH

As per the interview, it was all just hot air really designed to make Cortese seem a bit more personable. I dont mind the bloke that much but this interview hasnt really revealed anything

He has tried many times to sort things out so again you're wrong.

Just watched the video for the first time. I know I'll get shot down in flames here but he says: "how can you judge someone who you haven't met?". My interpretation of that is: "how can you judge someone you haven't got to know well?". Yes, I know the word "met" sounds black and white out of context but maybe it was just a poor choice of words. He doesn't overtly say "I've never met the guy" although that's the obvious implication if we take his words literally, but on the context of the interview I think he meant "got to know well" rather than "met".

As I say, reading the script of this thread, I know I'll get shot down for expressing such ridiculous benefit of the doubt but, hey Ho, it's only a football forum on the Internet so i'm site I'll survive the inevitable barrage....

To a non Saints fan he is our best ever player and for many the first player they would name unprompted.

A non Saints fan doesn't think he's being a spoilt brat, because they couldn't care less about his little spat with our chairman.

And any non Saints fan right now probably thinks Cortese is a bit mental for sacking Adkins.

How many non Saints fans in Widnes, Wallsall and Westward Ho leapt out of bed this morning desperate to catch an interview with our chief executive? They don't care mate, but they care more about a great player than some ex banker.

Come on TDD, you're better than this.

Hmmmm - I agree with a lot of what you say about Matt Le Tiss...in a cab in Tunisia with a very limited vocabulary to share (French) the driver and I talked football for an hour (pre Jaidi) and Le Tiss was the only Saints name that he knew.

I worshipped Matt as a footballer, have been lucky enough to meet him a few times and his place in my Saints-supporting affections is set in stone...the greatest player I've seen in a a Saints shirt. Before Matt I worshipped Terry Paine, Ron Davies, Martin Chivers, David Peach (he opened a school fete!)....my point being that the hero of the period is a constantly changing and I've seen the club rise and fall in the most extreme ways over 50 years of support.

Matt's input on NC means FA to anyone but us but actually I don't care what other fans think...likewise the decision to sack NA was weird to most fans in and out of the SO code but ultimately it only matters to us...the supporters. In a year Nigel will be seen as someone else's manager by all bar us who'll view his time here with gratitude and affection - I'm gutted for him personally but I've seen us sh*t on and be sh at on by managers over the years and I'm hoping the Pochettino appointment will be as succesful as the Adkins one..at which I also felt shock and personal sympathy with Pardew who had taken us to Wembley only weeks before but...

I don't subscribe to a 'Cortese can do no wrong' cult but I am capable of making rational judgements on his record so far. My newly-born grandson will, I hope, continue the lineage of Saints support in our family and will know a completely different set of players and cultures...how different is the PL to the Div 1 that I celebrated getting to back when I was at Hamble Primary?! We have had to adapt and you can do that by following conventional wisdom or by innovating and pushing toward new ideas but there's a clue in that statement...one involves following.

I believe that by not being shackled by conventional thinking that NC is innovating...taking the best out of the world's best systems surely but also having the bravery to strike out in a new direction, one that will take us to greater heights than conventional ambition would allow. He may fall flat on his face, that is for the future that then becomes history to record but I'm nonplussed at the Luddite attitudes to his methods by some Saints fans on here..and don't tell me that I have no eye for the past - I would hope though that past experience will both teach us yet not encumber us in the way forward.

So - to dismiss Cortese as some ex-banker is crass head in the sand stuff, to hang on to Matt's utterances as somehow biblical is equally so - I wish that they could get together for the harmony of the club and live happily ever after but NC is the present and is shaping the future.

I'll be accused of being CoC no doubt by those with minds small enough not to recognise opinions generated by logical observation...rather that than a Campaign Undermining New Thinking -I can embrace the old and the new and accept that there will be, as there always have been, bumps on the way.

NB CB FRy...this is not aimed at your post...more as the catalyst of numerous others. Nobody, though, is 'better' or worse for having a different viewpoint.

Just watched the video for the first time. I know I'll get shot down in flames here but he says: "how can you judge someone who you haven't met?". My interpretation of that is: "how can you judge someone you haven't got to know well?". Yes, I know the word "met" sounds black and white out of context but maybe it was just a poor choice of words. He doesn't overtly say "I've never met the guy" although that's the obvious implication if we take his words literally, but on the context of the interview I think he meant "got to know well" rather than "met".

As I say, reading the script of this thread, I know I'll get shot down for expressing such ridiculous benefit of the doubt but, hey Ho, it's only a football forum on the Internet so i'm site I'll survive the inevitable barrage....

I tried to make that point......did not succeed with some of the people here... ;)

Speaks like Arnie in the terminator. How apt

Can't wait for the sequel; Terminator versus The Cortseshaters.

Sometimes the most reasoned view availie is that of someone not emotionally connected to a business, my friend says that he sounds like the perfect man to lead a company. Matt could maybe sit back enjoy retirement and wait for the call to oversee his bronze unveiling. Head held high.

Hmmmm - I agree with a lot of what you say about Matt Le Tiss...in a cab in Tunisia with a very limited vocabulary to share (French) the driver and I talked football for an hour (pre Jaidi) and Le Tiss was the only Saints name that he knew.

I worshipped Matt as a footballer, have been lucky enough to meet him a few times and his place in my Saints-supporting affections is set in stone...the greatest player I've seen in a a Saints shirt. Before Matt I worshipped Terry Paine, Ron Davies, Martin Chivers, David Peach (he opened a school fete!)....my point being that the hero of the period is a constantly changing and I've seen the club rise and fall in the most extreme ways over 50 years of support.

Matt's input on NC means FA to anyone but us but actually I don't care what other fans think...likewise the decision to sack NA was weird to most fans in and out of the SO code but ultimately it only matters to us...the supporters. In a year Nigel will be seen as someone else's manager by all bar us who'll view his time here with gratitude and affection - I'm gutted for him personally but I've seen us sh*t on and be sh at on by managers over the years and I'm hoping the Pochettino appointment will be as succesful as the Adkins one..at which I also felt shock and personal sympathy with Pardew who had taken us to Wembley only weeks before but...

I don't subscribe to a 'Cortese can do no wrong' cult but I am capable of making rational judgements on his record so far. My newly-born grandson will, I hope, continue the lineage of Saints support in our family and will know a completely different set of players and cultures...how different is the PL to the Div 1 that I celebrated getting to back when I was at Hamble Primary?! We have had to adapt and you can do that by following conventional wisdom or by innovating and pushing toward new ideas but there's a clue in that statement...one involves following.

I believe that by not being shackled by conventional thinking that NC is innovating...taking the best out of the world's best systems surely but also having the bravery to strike out in a new direction, one that will take us to greater heights than conventional ambition would allow. He may fall flat on his face, that is for the future that then becomes history to record but I'm nonplussed at the Luddite attitudes to his methods by some Saints fans on here..and don't tell me that I have no eye for the past - I would hope though that past experience will both teach us yet not encumber us in the way forward.

So - to dismiss Cortese as some ex-banker is crass head in the sand stuff, to hang on to Matt's utterances as somehow biblical is equally so - I wish that they could get together for the harmony of the club and live happily ever after but NC is the present and is shaping the future.

I'll be accused of being CoC no doubt by those with minds small enough not to recognise opinions generated by logical observation...rather that than a Campaign Undermining New Thinking -I can embrace the old and the new and accept that there will be, as there always have been, bumps on the way.

NB CB FRy...this is not aimed at your post...more as the catalyst of numerous others. Nobody, though, is 'better' or worse for having a different viewpoint.

I don't disagree except for the fact that you somehow think that p!ssing in the face of the club's history, legends and traditions, and treating people like sh!t are somehow needed in taking a football team to a new level.

I would say all the above works against achieving that aim. The idea that all this bad Pr is a positive is bizarre.

I see what you say. People also judge people on other people's experiences.

I mean i never met Fred and Rose west. Or jimmy Saville but I'm sure you will all agree they are scum.

I know its different but sometimes you can judge people without meeting them.

I also took it that way....I also lost count of the number of times he said club...as opposed to company.

I mean i never met Fred and Rose west. Or jimmy Saville but I'm sure you will all agree they are scum.

What do you 'judge' about how Saints have developed under his stewardship?

Anybody can judge anybody without meeting them but there is only one way to be absolutely sure on somebody and that is to meet them.

I have had experiences myself of people that I have loathed, but found out that they are completely different to my initial impression.

I don't disagree except for the fact that you somehow think that p!ssing in the face of the club's history, legends and traditions, and treating people like sh!t are somehow needed in taking a football team to a new level.

I would say all the above works against achieving that aim. The idea that all this bad Pr is a positive is bizarre.

I'm a supporter not a PR guru but the point I was trying to make was that whilst all this means a huge amount to us it's not viewed that way for more than a comparative nanosecond by the rest of the footballing world...

We, on the other hand, have experienced the highs and lows generated over the years and taken them to heart...I'm certain that eggs do have to be broken to make an omelette and I'm not always going to like that but I'm also not going to dwell on it to the detriment of future life. I also think that the legends and tradition should take some responsibility for ****ing in the face of the present?

Ill just bring up 2 lies he told

Why lie and say he has not met Matt Le tissier.

The CoC have dealt with this on this thread.

He may have met Le Tiss but he simply forgot. It's just the same as expecting everyone to remember every single person they walk past in the supermarket. Club chief exec meeting an ex-player a suite is/was named after at said club is just the same. Just the same.

The Cortese haters are so unreasonable. Everything can be explained to show Cortese is utterly infallible.

Anybody can judge anybody without meeting them but there is only one way to be absolutely sure on somebody and that is to meet them.

I have had experiences myself of people that I have loathed, but found out that they are completely different to my initial impression.

That's not realy true as you can meet someone and still be unsure. People are very clever at hiding things and showing them self to be something they are not.

Some people have been married for years to there partners and not suspected anything and secretly they have been leading a life of a serial killer

I know its completely different but I disagree by meeting someone you will know for sure either way what they actually are.

Sorry I can't realy explain it

Either way I think he's a cock

Ill just bring up 2 lies he told

Why lie and say he has not met Matt Le tissier.

He said : "How can you judge someone you've never met?". IMO he simply missed "properly" off the end. Maybe I'm giving too much benefit of the doubt. Maybe, maybe not. I've "met" some famous people down the years....but never had a conversation with them. There's a difference between shaking someone's hand and having an indepth conversation about life and the universe.

Edited by trousers

He may have met Le Tiss but he simply forgot. It's just the same as expecting everyone to remember every single person they walk past in the supermarket. Club chief exec meeting an ex-player a suite is/was named after at said club is just the same. Just the same.

The Cortese haters are so unreasonable. Everything can be explained to show Cortese is utterly infallible.

Of you were chairman of Sfc and were introduced to Matt ( mr Southampton FC in most people's eyes in the world) you would remember you had met him.

He's full of ****

until MLT comes out and says exactly why NC is "not a nice person" and if that reason(s) has anything to do with fotball.....then this is ridicuoous

Most people know its about the benali house thing but coming from Plymouth you obviously don't keep up.

I'm a supporter not a PR guru but the point I was trying to make was that whilst all this means a huge amount to us it's not viewed that way for more than a comparative nanosecond by the rest of the footballing world...

We, on the other hand, have experienced the highs and lows generated over the years and taken them to heart...I'm certain that eggs do have to be broken to make an omelette and I'm not always going to like that but I'm also not going to dwell on it to the detriment of future life. I also think that the legends and tradition should take some responsibility for ****ing in the face of the present?

Eggs, Omelettes? you sound like David Brent.

There is no reason why taking a club to a new level has to mean banning ex players, spats with the local press etc.

Of you were chairman of Sfc and were introduced to Matt ( mr Southampton FC in most people's eyes in the world) you would remember you had met him.

He's full of ****

Remember, English is not Cortese's first language. How good is your French or Italian? Have you considered by "met him" he means "got to know him".

He said : "How can you judge someone you've never met?". IMO he simply missed "properly" off the end. Maybe I'm giving too much benefit of the doubt. Maybe, maybe not. I've "met" some famous people down the years....but never had a conversation with them. There's a difference between shaking someone's hand and having an indepth conversation about life and the universe.

How can you say that!? Didn't he keep repeating himself referring to how can people judge who they have never met?

It wasn't said just the once I'm sure of it.

Its quite funny how people get sucked in by a crock of bull

How can you say that!? Didn't he keep repeating himself referring to how can people judge who they have never met?

It wasn't said just the once I'm sure of it.

Its quite funny how people get sucked in by a crock of bull

I heard it once but I'm half asleep so will bow to people more alert than myself

Edited by trousers

If I was a car sales man or estate agent ( luckily I'm not) IDE be praying some of you lot would come and buy a house or car from me as you are so gullible you would believe every bit of bull****e I told you!

Giving someone the benefit of the doubt = gullible

Ok...

If I was a car sales man or estate agent ( luckily I'm not) IDE be praying some of you lot would come and buy a house or car from me as you are so gullible you would believe every bit of bull****e I told you!

Agree cortese should get a job at burgerking with the whoopers he tells.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Do you suppose that perhaps some of those tagged "CoC" are simply not willing to see everything in black and white terms.

Perhaps the so called "CoC" are just people who can see that there is only one person who has gone public with personal attacks.

Perhaps the "CoC" are saying we don't like everything we've seen, but on balance the "Club" are in a much better position now than they were when he took over.

Perhaps the "CoC" are entitled to a view which is no less valid than the rabid Cortese haters who base their view of the world from the snippets of tittle tattle and internet gossip forums.

Remember, English is not Cortese's first language. How good is your French or Italian? Have you considered by "met him" he means "got to know him".

His use of English is fine. He's able to conduct top-level transfer negotiations, so I think he is able to manage simple sentences. But I'm sure you know that really anyway.

Eggs, Omelettes? you sound like David Brent.

There is no reason why taking a club to a new level has to mean banning ex players, spats with the local press etc.

Breaking eggs to make omelettes pre-dates David Brent by a century or two I suspect but you describe it how you see fit?

It would be infinitely prefererable to retain all the good bits from the past and dump all the bad but, sadly, when you are trying to progress things some of those who are part of it are inevitably going to find it hard to accept. The Echo thing has gone on far too long but I don't lay all the blame at Cortese's feet for that - a good relationship with the press is based on mutual trust and the Echo betrayed that very early in the relationship. Interesting (much as I hate Rupert Murdoch) that the Sun and their 'South Coast Club' era have now been brought onside yet the Echo can't?

Players etc...Frannie and Lawrie are banned?

Or do they have to buy tickets? Not condoning if they are banned but I wasn't aware that they were actually forbidden to buy tickets?

FWIW I think that ex-players and management should be guests of the club but does this extend to the ones 'we' don't like too?

Those that go to NC's fans dinners are very positive of the man .itsonly these that go on hearsay . That they form an opinion that he is not very nice . Having said that . You know my thoughts on alpine . I have never met him . Maybe we would become good mates if I did meet with him for over a few pints . Who would know

Ridiculous. One thing judging mass murderers or paedophiles, another judging a Chief Executive, or an ex-footballer.

Those that go to NC's fans dinners are very positive of the man .itsonly these that go on hearsay . That they form an opinion that he is not very nice . Having said that . You know my thoughts on alpine . I have never met him . Maybe we would become good mates if I did meet with him for over a few pints . Who would know

Do these fans dinners still happen?

Le tiss said the other day he didn't want to meet Cortese privately until he settled all his bills. But he said it wasn't just to do with Benali. Anyone know what else he is talking about?

This is the thing that ****es me off about the whole thing. If MLT is going to have digs at people and put his thoughts about it in the public domain, then atleast explain the whole issue rather than little snippets and digs at the chairman. Just wish they could sort out their differences and pull in the same direction for the sake of the club.

Like I keep saying

Cortese is very clever and coming across as something he is not to get people on side

They turn your back and he will **** you up the arse.

I believe the Franny situation is in the hands of the lawyers. That's shy nothing gets said by Matt or Franny etc as it could jeopardise the case. This was the case last year and I guess its a long dragged out process and I have no doubt it will end before going to court with a settlement. I would think once this is out the way the truth may come out.

If this is the case Hopefully Franny will not opt for the settlement and gagging order and take him to the cleaners. Literately .