Two BIG exclusive interviews tomorrow

Saint-Armstrong

I am not sure the good people of Southampton are ready for NC's journey, we can be a funny bunch.

We've already been on quite a journey in the last 3 years. It has seen us go from possible brink of extinction, -10 points and 24th in League One, to 15th in the Premier League. Certainly a "funny bunch" if Saints fans can't recognise the good times he has overseen at the club.

For the first time in the club's history we have owners with huge ambition and seemingly the resources and business acumen to match those ambitions. Yes, he is ruthless, but he does appear to know what he is doing and has a track record of delivering that should earn him a degree of trust from the fanbase.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Cortese's contribution to the club makes Le Tiss's look insignificant in comparison. Good to see our chairman come out and explain his Atkins decision thoroughly as everybody asked him to do. We are blessed.

And people saying there is no Cult of Cortese.

What an utterly clueless statement.

When i was a uni, one of my housemates asked me what i thought of a girl that had been at a party the night before. I said that i coudn't really say, as i 'hadn't really met her'. Now in fact, i had met her, really. Just briefly. What i meant (and according to some on here should have said), was that i had met her briefly, but only for long enough for generic pleasentries to be exchanged, and therefore not enough time was given to for a intercourse of full and frank views, and as such a proper insight of each others outlook on matters great and small was not possible, so to ask for a judgement on her suitability viz a romantic partnership was useless.

Or perhaps i was saying it just to lie. To be a lying liarface.

And if cortese did misspeak, it was probably because he was chewing on the last remains of '76 medals, Frannies carpets, Matts england caps and the brains of babies. Also, last year, he claimed to be 43. This year, he has 'adjusted' it to 44. Which is it Nicky? Better get your story straight.

When i was a uni, one of my housemates asked me what i thought of a girl that had been at a party the night before. I said that i coudn't really say, as i 'hadn't really met her'. Now in fact, i had met her, really. Just briefly. What i meant (and according to some on here should have said), was that i had met her briefly, but only for long enough for generic pleasentries to be exchanged, and therefore not enough time was given to for a intercourse of full and frank views, and as such a proper insight of each others outlook on matters great and small was not possible, so to ask for a judgement on her suitability viz a romantic partnership was useless.

And if cortese did misspeak, it was probably because he was chewing on the last remains of '76 medals, Frannies carpets, Matts england caps and the brains of babies. Also, last year, he claimed to be 43. This year, he has 'adjusted' it to 44. Which is it Nicky? Better get your story straight.

When I was at university, there was only 1 type of intercourse I would have been interested in having with a girl at a party, regardless of whether I had met her before or not.

OK. Lanaguage is my job...(to me) ..using the word " met " as in (business) meeting ... the inference may still be that they haven't sat down /discussed anything. MLT has used the media frequently to criticise NC, whereas Cortese has been ignoring him and getting on with his job as Chairman / de facto Owner.

I don't stop to try and explain myself every time someone doesn't agree with me, nor do I insult them publicly or criticise them for their viewpoint.

I've met and shaken hands (and even spoken a few words) to thousands of people ..it doesn't mean that I know them. .

This (although much better articulated than my efforts) :)

you show many of the strong characterists of a great disciple my child, i see it in you. I'm sure when Cortese performs another miracle, which may even happen before the close of the transfer window, your heart and mind will be opened and you will pray at the alter of the almighty chairman, just like some of your mongboard peers are.

But I've wavered in the past and I am wavering again now. I thank the almighty chairman each and every night for leading us out of the cold of L1 and towards the promised land of champions league football; but recently, I've been waking up in a cold sweat and all I can see is Nigel Adkins child-like grin beaming back at me and I feel wretched.

In moments of doubt, I turn to the club's DVD mapping our progress since Anno Cortese but for all the pleasure these highlights give me, I also find myself regularly YouTubing Matthew Le Tissier's greatest goals. Indeed, I also occassionally refer to him as Le God which I fear is a blasphemous act for the CoC (though truth be told, I hear many do the same).

Is this a test, wise-one? Is this what Peter chapter 1 verse 7 spoke about? A trial that will show my faith is genuine, more precious than the gold and silver on our championship runners-up trophy? Will I emerge stronger, more certain, worthy of an invite to the most resplendent fans dinner of all?

Did you bash her back doors in?

Agonising over the dictionary definition of the word "met" and deciding that people can only be assessed properly after meeting them and not before are my two current favourite CoC made up arguments.

Keep em coming chaps.

I agree. I prefer to pre-judge and form a rigid opinion that never wavers. It's called Loyalty! If those disgusting COC people want to **** off over a shrine of of Cortese, they should see about sub-letting the Lambert/Le Tiss one from Roger.

just seen the SSN bit

cant see what the problem is....nothing that warrents the frothy mouthed anger anyway...not even close...

im guessing if we are to be a regular top 6 sort of side...NC will have to drag us up there kicking and screaming...then again, judging by the mass hysteria about adkins sacking (then hardly a peep at the everton game against NC)...most probably dont give a rats arse about MLTs personal issue with the chairman

Agonising over the dictionary definition of the word "met" and deciding that people can only be assessed properly after meeting them and not before are my two current favourite CoC made up arguments.

Keep em coming chaps.

Will do (with increasing pleasure)

I certainly wasn't accusing you of being a Cortese hater. I was, however, accusing you of inferring that anyone with a contrary view is part of an imaginary "CoC". That one you can have.

There's the rub - its a typical web forum tactic of trying to reduce many faceted view points to a single fatuous label.

An imposing number of 1 and a possible WUM.

Strawmen, my friend, strawmen. Hope they help xxx

My other favourite made up argument is about Cortese met Le Tiss but forgot all about it because you can't remember everyone you've ever met, can you?

So yeah, a fu ck of a lot of straw man arguments weaved on here. A fu ck of a lot. Not sure they help.

My other favourite made up argument is about Cortese met Le Tiss but forgot all about it because you can't remember everyone you've ever met, can you?

So yeah, a fu ck of a lot of straw man arguments weaved on here. A fu ck of a lot. Not sure they help.

You might think your clever breaking up of the expletive is big and you are so e really clever poster in doing so, but a lot of young people read this and so it is not called for. If you need to swear why not be a bit more subtle?

so, there are some who seemingly HATE the chairman because he is having a completely non football related issue with a very average ex player and a club legend is sticking up for his mate without any details

that is enough for some to hate people over...

wow

Who hate Cortese Jamie?

But I've wavered in the past and I am wavering again now. I thank the almighty chairman each and every night for leading us out of the cold of L1 and towards the promised land of champions league football; but recently, I've been waking up in a cold sweat and all I can see is Nigel Adkins child-like grin beaming back at me and I feel wretched.

In moments of doubt, I turn to the club's DVD mapping our progress since Anno Cortese but for all the pleasure these highlights give me, I also find myself regularly YouTubing Matthew Le Tissier's greatest goals. Indeed, I also occassionally refer to him as Le God which I fear is a blasphemous act for the CoC (though truth be told, I hear many do the same).

Is this a test, wise-one? Is this what Peter chapter 1 verse 7 spoke about? A trial that will show my faith is genuine, more precious than the gold and silver on our championship runners-up trophy? Will I emerge stronger, more certain, worthy of an invite to the most resplendent fans dinner of all?

The almighty chairman warned there were dark forces and nonbelivers who would test your faith. Nigel Adkins was merely a prophet, he is comparable to Moses who led the Israelites through the wilderness into the promised land, but once there Moses role was done and King Saul was apointed as the man to lead the united nation of Israel. Remember this and that Adkins was a modern day Moses figure, now in MP we a modern day King Saul to not only restore us to our rightful place in the promise land but to turn us into a world power like the great powers of the past such as the Greeks and the Romans.

When your heart becomes troubled and your faith begins to dimish, simply look at the "offical site" and the teachings on there. Most recently the Gospel of Cortese according to St Luke was shared with us with the inspiring words ""I have spoken with the Chairman about a long term plan for me at the Club," Shaw said after making his decision. "To put an end to all the speculation, I will be committing my future to Southampton. I’m not going anywhere" Surely gospels such as this would reaffirm the faith for any wondering member of the CoC?

What I find fascinating is that like Lowe before him Cortese has split the fan base into those pro and those anti.

I was very much in the anti camp re Lowe but for me the jury is still out re Nicola's stewardship of our club. He certainly knows what he is doing, he is determined, ruthless even and not to be messed with. It is a great shame however that to get to where he wants us to be the club as a whole seems destined to lose its inclusiveness. I am not sure the good people of Southampton are ready for NC's journey, we can be a funny bunch.

People don't like change and change is essential for progression.

Luckily Cortese doesn't seem bothered about the whims of a 'funny bunch' and is just getting on with his job.

Also, is there a Premier League Chairman that is almost universally popular? I cant think of any that are close, nor any I would have over Cortese to be honest.

CB Fry, Matt Le Tiss, Boris....lets not pretend there arent anyone

Fry doesn't hate him. MLT has said he'll sort out his difference if Cortese wants too, he even tweeted official Saints today asking them to sort it out. Boris, LOL, scraping the barrell with that one.

you do well to give that impression..you get very angry when talking on the subject of the rat faced ****

My anger is far more directed at the divs on here than anything poor old Nicola has done.

Shouldn't let them get to me though, you're right.

As a disciple of the Cult of Cortese, I hereby designate this as the year 4AC.

I do seem to remember a goodly number of people criticising a cetain lack of ambition in previous Chairmen. We are, indeed, a funny lot.

Edited by Faz

The almighty chairman warned there were dark forces and nonbelivers who would test your faith. Nigel Adkins was merely a prophet, he is comparable to Moses who led the Israelites through the wilderness into the promised land, but once there Moses role was done and King Saul was apointed as the man to lead the united nation of Israel. Remember this and that Adkins was a modern day Moses figure, now in MP we a modern day King Saul to not only restore us to our rightful place in the promise land but to turn us into a world power like the great powers of the past such as the Greeks and the Romans.

When your heart becomes troubled and your faith begins to dimish, simply look at the "offical site" and the teachings on there. Most recently the Gospel of Cortese according to St Luke was shared with us with the inspiring words ""I have spoken with the Chairman about a long term plan for me at the Club," Shaw said after making his decision. "To put an end to all the speculation, I will be committing my future to Southampton. I’m not going anywhere" Surely gospels such as this would reaffirm the faith for any wondering member of the CoC?

FFS, not Saul. Awful replacement for Chivers.

What I find fascinating is that like Lowe before him Cortese has split the fan base into those pro and those anti.

Unlike Lowe I don't think Cortese has done any such thing. There are a few, maybe half a dozen rabid anti-Corteseists on here and TUI, and maybe one or two at most who CB Fry and Turkish believe would form their imaginary CoC. Just about everyone else really couldn't give a monkeys. Upset about the way Adkins was sacrificed, sure, but pro or anti Cortese, not really. He is a Chairman. He doesn't play and he doesn't coach. He holds the purse strings, wait long enough and another one will come along, and maybe it won't be that long if some rumours are to be believed. What happens at the end of the current 2.5 year project?

Can't wait to get back to some football or at least some transfer speculation. Still expecting one more signing.

Unlike Lowe I don't think Cortese has done any such thing. There are a few, maybe half a dozen rabid anti-Corteseists on here and TUI, and maybe one or two at most who CB Fry and Turkish believe would form their imaginary CoC. Just about everyone else really couldn't give a monkeys. Upset about the way Adkins was sacrificed, sure, but pro or anti Cortese, not really. He is a Chairman. He doesn't play and he doesn't coach. He holds the purse strings, wait long enough and another one will come along, and maybe it won't be that long if some rumours are to be believed. What happens at the end of the current 2.5 year project?

Can't wait to get back to some football or at least some transfer speculation. Still expecting one more signing.

This is just about right. NC can`t win in some ways. Unlike Lowe he keeps out of the limelight, never normally gives interviews or statements, but when he does they get slated as being "what you`d expect him to say" or just a PR stunt.

FFS, not Saul. Awful replacement for Chivers.

oh dear. Ted Bates was quoted as saying the Martin Chivers deal was the only one he ever regretted....(even though we got a British record fee at the time).

Saul on the other hand was surplus to requirements (at Spurs) but was " fortunate enough " to score a goal in a Cup Final, whilst being unable to hold down a regular place in Spurs League side.

Might have been a nice fella' and all that, but he belongs in the (enormous) category of players who scored a goal in a Final.. and whose career went downhill afterwards.

...at £40 K ...we were sha*ted by Spurs once again.

Evidence seems to suggest he is at best a bit of an asshole in general, but he has done a ****ing good job in general. You don't have to be an angel to be a good chairman.

id rather have cortese than Lowe any day of the week, even though Lowe was a nicer guy.

Keep em coming chaps.

but then again...what YOU consider to be a correct definition, (or otherwise)... is dictated by the fact that you are (I assume) - a native speaker of English.

Words that may be casually used but without the same emphasis as we have. A prime example in Sweden...is the use / translation of the word ...eventually.

In Britain, it suggests with a high degree of certainty ...some future measure to be taken, which is dictated only by an (undefined) period of time.

To Swedes ..eventually means; something considered, but with no degree of probability at all. In short, just an idea / something that's been discussed, and certainly nothing that has been decided upon.

Cortese is not a native speaker. He's an international businessman, who copes quite well IMO..with English communication. Reading between the lines.....it's quite possible that he just hasn't bothered.

Meeting MLT hardly come into the category of "urgent business " and he's unlikley to bother himself about MLT's complaints, or indeed feel the need to meet him, any more than he would meet you or I as fans.

Edited by david in sweden

You don't have to have met someone to have a view on if they have an ego problem. I know that Donald Trump has a huge ego but I've never met him.

Cortese hardly has the media profile of Donald Trump or Matthew Le Tissier, Cortese has had 3 broadcast interviews since the takeover in 2009.

1x 40 minute interview on BBC Radio Solent

1x 30 minute interview for BBC Sport website

1x 5 minute interview for SSN

Not exactly craving media attention over the past 4 years.

Edited by Matthew Le God

:lol::lol:

Well, I reckon I made the best decision today. Watch the full interview at 7:08am and then go play golf and leave this place to it's meltdown.

Anyway here are my opinions.

1) This is ONLY the 3rd TV/Beeb interview NC has done (according to stats published on here earlier) How anyone can compare him to Lowe - on TV every day.......

2) He came across far more relaxed and professional than I had expected. For someone that stays out the public spotlight he was very good. I had Aberdeen & Citeh supporting mates watch it with me - their opinion? That bloke speaks sense.

3) Something that has not been debated on here but alluded to. Words to the Effect - Bringing in MP is a CRITICAL part of KEEPING THIS TEAM TOGETHER. We want to keep these players here and with some good signings this team can develop and in 3 or 4 years time can challenge for a Top 6 and European Place. Now FFS EVERYONE knows the first thing Lowe saw when we had talent in the team was POUND SIGNS. NC is talking about keeping it all together.

4) HOWEVER you interpret what he said about MLT, there was one thing he did NOT do - he did NOT in anyway criticise HIM as a person. He commented that he did not like the negative comments but he had every opportunity to have a real easy and cheap pop at MLT but he didn't. (Oh and I for one do NOT believe a meet & greet in a Directors Box is the same definition as "A Meeting" ie " to have met" - but that is an argument over pedantics and English as a foreign language that I won't argue over.

5) It would be interesting to see if any other team's fans forums have commented. I received a number of comments today where mates who WTF'd when NA went said today - maybe he did do it for the benefit of the club and not simply because he is barking. (They & I still think it is incredibly dangerous but hey results after manure & citeh will tell)

IMHO

MLT missed a trick today. He should have simply called NC's bluff and made the call to ask to meet him mano et mano. Instead he went onto Twitter first. He engaged fingers without putting brain in gear. He could have had the meeting THEN if had not "Cleared the Air" he would have had FAR more targetted ammunition to fire.

MLT - we're Saints fans, we know NC is a cn\/t, but he is the cn\/t that got us out of L1 while your mate was sitting in his bedsit. Have a good pop after we get walloped 4-1 as we expect at Manure and fine. But we get it, and NC is NOT going anywhere UNTIL something goes drastically wrong.

But IF we get a result up at manure, you're going to start to look rather silly, and that could be one step from being seen as bitter and twisted.

Bitterness is an evil pill Matt. You are a legend, but that bitterness can eat away at you as badly as a cancer. You could end up like Old Man Steptoe - none of us want that. We want Saints to stay up and we want a Team that we can be proud of and we DON'T want to simply spend 8 months a year "looking to only survive".

When you publish pictures of NC eating babies we can hound him out of town, BUT if his vision works and we keep the core of this team and buy to improve it...

Jeez we could become something to watch and enjoy