Two BIG exclusive interviews tomorrow

Saint-Armstrong

In an interview with Sky Sports News, he said: "Nigel and I, we always had a very good relationship, to the last second. It was very tough, not just for him but for me.

"To me, there's one time, which is right, especially if you are 100% convinced it is the right thing. Ultimately for the team it was the right thing, it was perfect timing

"It sounds harsh but it was for the benefit of the progress we want to achieve over the next couple of months and years. It's not only for today but for tomorrow."

Cortese has attracted criticism in the wake of the sacking, with Saints icon Matt Le Tissier accusing him of having an ego problem.

According to Cortese, though, everything he does is for the benefit of Southampton.

He added: "Maybe I need to sacrifice my popularity to get the right decision. If that's the case, I'm happy.

"I am a perfectionist. Some people say that's not good, but it helps the football club to keep attention to detail and not stand still."

On Le Tissier, a one-club man afforded hero status by the Saints fans, he said: "I don't even know him, he's never met me. Anyone in the past who is associated with the club is stirring negativity towards me should probably ask if it's beneficial for the club. I would not allow myself to judge someone I have never met."

On the future of the club, but as a whole and with Le Tissier, Cortese asked everyone to get behind his vision.

He said: "I'd like in the future, for the supporters to buy more into what we do as a club. Not players, managers or chairmen, the club.

"I am not excluding anyone. Anyone who has Southampton at heart has a place."

He has met le tiss and asked him to

The board room in their first match there so he lied. Matty has tweeted saints and asked to have a clear the air meeting with cortese which seems a great idea.

But this is what I find so irritating about MLT and his NC issue. Why tweet? Why be so public? Why does he need a clear the air meeting? He doesn't have a role at the club and if he kept his mouth shut and fingers still there wouldn't be an issue! Sorry if this sounds harsh on a SFC legend but it time to grow up and move on.

He has met le tiss and asked him to

The board room in their first match there so he lied. Matty has tweeted saints and asked to have a clear the air meeting with cortese which seems a great idea.

NICOLA CORTESE WOULD NEVER LIE HOW DARE YOU.

He is the representative of the company we all love and he would never lie to us customers. Never.

Irrespective of whether MLT has met Cortese or not, he should stop trying to undermine the club. We all - 95% of us - were upset by NA's sacking, but we are still supporting our club. If MP's appointment turns out to be a disaster then Cortese will have been taught a valuable lesson. If it's a resounding success, then we all have. I, for one, am getting irritated by MLT's comments. For example, during the Chelsea game he was extremely negative about NA's team selection. For me, the gloss has been taken off MLT's iconic status. First the spread betting issue, the failed takeover with a complete numpty, and now his constant sniping at Cortese. Do us all a favour Matt - shut up!

Irrespective of whether MLT has met Cortese or not, he should stop trying to undermine the club. We all - 95% of us - were upset by NA's sacking, but we are still supporting our club. If MP's appointment turns out to be a disaster then Cortese will have been taught a valuable lesson. If it's a resounding success, then we all have. I, for one, am getting irritated by MLT's comments. For example, during the Chelsea game he was extremely negative about NA's team selection. For me, the gloss has been taken off MLT's iconic status. First the spread betting issue, the failed takeover with a complete numpty, and now his constant sniping at Cortese. Do us all a favour Matt - shut up!

Ungrateful and out of order. Some fans have short memories. It's okay for someone to lie then?

But this is what I find so irritating about MLT and his NC issue. Why tweet? Why be so public? Why does he need a clear the air meeting? He doesn't have a role at the club and if he kept his mouth shut and fingers still there wouldn't be an issue! Sorry if this sounds harsh on a SFC legend but it time to grow up and move on.
Why can't he voice his opinion on his own personal twitter account?

To be fair, can you remember every single person you've ever met?

If it was the boardroom on NC and Liebherrs first game in charge there woul have been a stream of people congratulating them, welcoming them etc etc

its harldy a stretch of the imagination to accept he simply can't remember.

1. It's company not club.

2. MLT is not "undermining the club". MLT comments occasionally about Nicola Cortese, not "the club". Cortese is not "the club". He is the current CEO. He is not "the club". Never has been and never will be.

You people are just mental.

If it was the boardroom on NC and Liebherrs first game in charge there woul have been a stream of people congratulating them, welcoming them etc etc

He was invited and of course cortese would remember meeting le tissier. The whole row is over grannies house.

2.5 year plan? Who's next on the list Mr Cortese, Pep Guardiola after his stint at Bayern? It is all falling into place.

I think this is the most telling point in the whole of MP's interview:

“The chairman, Nicola Cortese, called last week and invited me to become manager and promised me a 2½-year project, which excited me."

Nicola's single minded vision was that NA was brought in to do a job and get us to the premier league. Now he's no longer needed and MP has been brought in to do a job and get us to challenge for Europe. After that, who knows, but I suspect the plan might be to bring in a top, top manager to compete in the Champions league.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but this does seem to be the vision.

Cortese said that the change was 'right for the team'. That sun article on Pochettino says that training had become stale under NA and the players were baffled by some of his decisions, in particular subtitutions.

Given that the guy from the Sun has been around the team/manager for 4 days, and based on what Cortese said I believe there may have been a major player influence in Nigel getting the boot.

Maybe, maybe not, what do you expect them to say?

Have we now got this new PR guy on board? He's certainly earning his corn at the moment.

1. It's company not club.

2. MLT is not "undermining the club". MLT comments occasionally about Nicola Cortese, not "the club". Cortese is not "the club". He is the current CEO. He is not "the club". Never has been and never will be.

You people are just mental.

Who are "you people"?

So people really think that if you have met a person once or twice you would be entitled to have that kind of opinions that MLT is having?

I think Cortese really meant that they haven´t got to known each other and even if they have met once or twice that doesn´t mean that they KNOW each other. Therefore MLT should not be judging Cortese in the way he has IMO.

So people really think that if you have met a person once or twice you would be entitled to have that kind of opinions that MLT is having?

I think Cortese really meant that they haven´t got to known each other and even if they have met once or twice that doesn´t mean that they KNOW each other. Therefore MLT should not be judging Cortese in the way he has IMO.

Its a rubbish point anyway, it's perfectly easy to judge someone without meeting them.

You shouldn't comment if you don't know the facts. Everyone knows what this is over.

Do yourself a favour and ask yourself why would our Glorious leader say he has never met Matty when in fact he has (on more than one occasion.

Myself and a few others on here are aware of a disgraceful incident that took place when cortese closed the Le Tissier suite at St Marys,If I was Matty I would have nothing to do with the Club while Cortese is at the helm but unlike Cortese Matty truly loves SFC and what it gave him and his family.Why has Cortese suddenly felt the need to court publicity through the Red Topped sh@t that calls itself a newspaper?.

Who are "you people"?

Anyone raging about how simply terrible it is for our greatest ever player (or in fact, anyone at all) to dare to pass comment on our current CEO.

Anyone who describes our CEO as "the club".

Anyone who shrugs shoulders at the clubs pointless pettyness ("who cares?" ) but goes into orgasmic overdrive about equally pointless stage managed PR puff pieces.

You people.

He invited him to the boardroom and yet he wouldn't remember. Cortese was very critical of mlt at the only fans forum we had. He knows exactly who matt is.

If it was Lowe saying company and customers folk would be going apesh it. But much like everything he ever says or does the doe-eyed fawners will lap it regardless.

There is a Cult of Cortese of that there is no doubt.

"....we're by far the greatest company the world has ever seen..."

Exactly my first thoughts on reading this.

But one interview,careful press release later, and many of our fans are happy to join in ay Year Zero, forgetting NA ,or at the very least diminishing Adkins achievements.

He was invited and of course cortese would remember meeting le tissier. The whole row is over grannies house.

Of Course he would, Cortese must have a photographic memory and remember every single person he's ever met in his life.

Its not as if you would expect a first day in charge of a football club to fly past, be a complete buzz etc.

Its not as if he meets football players / directors / chairman pretty much every day

He categorically, most definitely, will vividly remember that 30 minute period of his life that he shared the boardroom with Le Tissier (and probably a load of other ex players / managers)

Cortese is no fool and given the legendary status that Matt has with the fans and all the pictures around the stadium before Cortese arrived there is no way on Earth that he would not remember meeting him.

I don't blame Matt for tweeting if Cortese has lied about him, he's had some fairly offhand treatment from the club, he has no other outlet to correct the 'mistake'

Cortese is no fool and given the legendary status that Matt has with the fans and all the pictures around the stadium before Cortese arrived there is no way on Earth that he would not remember meeting him.

I don't blame Matt for tweeting if Cortese has lied about him, he's had some fairly offhand treatment from the club, he has no other outlet to correct the 'mistake'

Cortese was pointedly dismissive and a bit rude about matt at the fans forum. Make no mistake he knew exactly who he was.

Of Course he would, Cortese must have a photographic memory and remember every single person he's ever met in his life.

Its not as if you would expect a first day in charge of a football club to fly past, be a complete buzz etc.

Its not as if he meets football players / directors / chairman pretty much every day

He categorically, most definitely, will vividly remember that 30 minute period of his life that he shared the boardroom with Le Tissier (and probably a load of other ex players / managers)

Yeah that's it. He met Matt Le Tissier and just forgot.

Its a rubbish point anyway, it's perfectly easy to judge someone without meeting them.

Nonsense. You can't judge a persons motivations, ambitions, ethos, rationale, etc etc without knowing or understanding them.

MLT doesn't know cortese. I don't, you don't and nor do others on here. We all make snap judgements though. They're all based on the decisions that we know of, and the tittle tattle we here.

MLT is no better placed to make an accurate assessment than me or you.

The players did not get Adkins the boot... They enjoyed working with him. I think that's fairly evident in the displays and results.

As for the Cortese interview, carefully timed and easy to put over the "official line" when you've sewn everyone up on NDA's.

Nonsense. You can't judge a persons motivations, ambitions, ethos, rationale, etc etc without knowing or understanding them.

MLT doesn't know cortese. I don't, you don't and nor do others on here. We all make snap judgements though. They're all based on the decisions that we know of, and the tittle tattle we here.

MLT is no better placed to make an accurate assessment than me or you.

So you have NO opinion on what NC's ambitions are? I find it easy enough to think Piers Morgan is an egotistical t**t and I've never met him.

The players did not get Adkins the boot... They enjoyed working with him. I think that's fairly evident in the displays and results.

As for the Cortese interview, carefully timed and easy to put over the "official line" when you've sewn everyone up on NDA's.

Can't silence mlt though despite trying to.

So you have NO opinion on what NC's ambitions are? I find it easy enough to think Piers Morgan is an egotistical t**t and I've never met him.

I have no opinion on whether Cortese has an ego problem. That's the issue with MLT.

None of us know Cortese's actual ambitions and goals. His ambition under Adkins appeared to be promotion. Who knows what it is under MP.

Why compare Cortese and Piers Morgan?!? One is a media whore who has spent his working life in the public domain and can expect to be judged, the other hasn't.

I really get the impression that the issue between NC and MLT is a personal one

In that respect I could not care less what matt says... To a non saints fan, he is not a legend and Is coming across like a massive spoilt brat most of the time.... Given the constant lack of any info about why NC is not a nice person.

I haven't watched he interview yet . But one thing I'm sure of is that NC could have said every thing the fans on here wanted to hear . Yet there would be a few on here who have their own agenda against nc for whatever reason . And so it has been proven . I for one am grateful for what he has done and is doing for the club . It is a club for the supporters as intimated in both interviews . The issue with MLT and nc should be resolved away from the cameras . In public is not sensible Matt . You know you will have fans supporting your cause as you are a saint icon . Unfortunately in these situations the bad guy becomes totally vilified even when they may well be the good guy . Anyway did nc or mp mention anything about transfers ?

I really get the impression that the issue between NC and MLT is a personal one

In that respect I could not care less what matt says... To a non saints fan, he is not a legend and Is coming across like a massive spoilt brat most of the time.... Given the constant lack of any info about why NC is not a nice person.

Well of course it is personal ffs. Matt le tiss is a legend to us and orob would have been legend to others if he has left. You just sound massively ungrateful.