Two BIG exclusive interviews tomorrow

Saint-Armstrong

They like to drip feed interviews over a number of days. We've now had some of it on Sunday, a little more today, probably more on Tuesday etc.

A great deal of it won't be broadcast, but it is fascinating to hear the talking between takes, they get on well from what I can see.

I want your job mate. Listening to all the breaking sports news during the day, and seeing the female newsreaders in real life...!

How can I apply?

Know people who know people.

It's the main path up here.

What is it you actually do out of interest? Are you a reporter or an editor for the site?

Media Operator (ingest)

Everything that comes into Sky Sports News (interviews, Press conferences etc) comes through me.

Media Operator (ingest)

Everything that comes into Sky Sports News (interviews, Press conferences etc) comes through me.

Very nice, kind of my dream job...! I guess it's demanding, but a fun demanding.

Good luck on deadline day...that looks manic when you watch in from home!

What was your impression of Cortese based on the bits we won't see?

As he said, it was clear he is a perfectionist, but talking candidly to Jim White off the record he seemed very proud of what he is building.

A great deal of it won't be broadcast, but it is fascinating to hear the talking between takes, they get on well from what I can see.

Cheers for the insights Appy - appreciated. Out of sheer idle curiosity, when you say a great deal of it won't ever be broadcast, is that a Sky editorial decision or would Cortese have had a say in what could go out and what couldn't? Cheers

Cheers for the insights Appy - appreciated. Out of sheer idle curiosity, when you say a great deal of it won't ever be broadcast, is that a Sky editorial decision or would Cortese have had a say in what could go out and what couldn't? Cheers

I'm not privvy to the final decisions, but from my experience and from i can gather it is a bit of both.

Why have all the Cortese bashers come out the woodwork since the change of manager anyway? Seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

I've been bashing him L, R and C all season. He didn't need to sack anyone to get a bash from me. I aint no bandwagon jumping basherer.

Don't care if he wins the Champions League five times in a row. I'd still give him a bit of a bashlet now and then.

If nothing else it winds up the disciples, so why stop?

I've been bashing him L, R and C all season. He didn't need to sack anyone to get a bash from me. I aint no bandwagon jumping basherer.

Don't care if he wins the Champions League five times in a row. I'd still give him a bit of a bashlet now and then.

If nothing else it winds up the disciples, so why stop?

Stoke.

It was a very even interview in my view and more or less seemed to flesh out the view I have of Nicola Cortese, somewhat remote and singular. He confirmed what we suspected about le Tissier all along, it didn't come as much of a surprise that they'd never met and it is true we've never heard a bad word about LT from NC.

There was sense of matter-of-factness about the man and clearly a lack of emotional connectivity with other people, his dispassionate view of where fans figure in all this was particularly disappointing and not at all inclusive - of course we share in his vision of Saints being a top top club but if his main creed is "What is best for SFC" then we fans and our decades long emotional investment in the team will it seems in the end count for very little. If prices have to go up because that is 'best for SFC' and some fans are priced out of it, so be it that'll be the price we have to pay - that's exactly how NC came across and it is no surprise to many of us that it turns out to be how he is.

From my point of view it was good that he went on the record at all rather than just remaining this rather remote, unhappy looking bloke who sits in the director's box every other Saturday. One doubts it will change anything and he will no doubt retreat into his own world once more.

He has to learn as all younger people do that it is not a sign of weakness to smile and be a bit more approachable to ordinary folk around him especially as he is running a business that depends for it's survival solely on the goodwill of those who pay to follow it.

It was a very even interview in my view and more or less seemed to flesh out the view I have of Nicola Cortese, somewhat remote and singular. He confirmed what we suspected about le Tissier all along, it didn't come as much of a surprise that they'd never met and it is true we've never heard a bad word about LT from NC.

There was sense of matter-of-factness about the man and clearly a lack of emotional connectivity with other people, his dispassionate view of where fans figure in all this was particularly disappointing and not at all inclusive - of course we share in his vision of Saints being a top top club but if his main creed is "What is best for SFC" then we fans and our decades long emotional investment in the team will it seems in the end count for very little. If prices have to go up because that is 'best for SFC' and some fans are priced out of it, so be it that'll be the price we have to pay - that's exactly how NC came across and it is no surprise to many of us that it turns out to be how he is.

From my point of view it was good that he went on the record at all rather than just remaining this rather remote, unhappy looking bloke who sits in the director's box every other Saturday. One doubts it will change anything and he will no doubt retreat into his own world once more.

He has to learn as all younger people do that it is not a sign of weakness to smile and be a bit more approachable to ordinary folk around him especially as he is running a business that depends for it's survival solely on the goodwill of those who pay to follow it.

Agreed, it would be nice if he showed a human side now and again !

(if he actually has one, that is!)