Two BIG exclusive interviews tomorrow

Saint-Armstrong

It did, you were talking about being able to determine Donald Trump has a big ego. Trump has had alot of media coverage over the years. What I did is list the brief time Cortese has had in a mere 3 broadcast interviews since the takeover in 2009. What did he do in them to suggest a "big ego" to you? In terms of wanting media exposure, he is very reclusive in that regard, it is Le Tissier that is holding a weekly one-way slanging match over TV/radio/newspapers not Cortese.

You could argue that because of his alleged "big ego" he belives he is too important to have to explain his decisions to the plebs and is way above dealing with the local paper (who afterall have a duty to report on their local clubs).

Worked with an employee of SFC to do with sports science and helped with preseason tests at Solent. I am not sure if he was doing work experience at the University or if he was doing it at SFC and was based at the Uni (and yes I know you are a lecturer there. The person I am referring to has a father who works at the university. If you really need me to I can PM ou to confirm.)

interesting...the guys I have spoken to where singing his praises recently.

Correct to the first point. With regard to the second I am not attending this season and will reassess how I feel next season.

basically, if we are winning and sign another ramirez and it all looks exciting....you will be back (if not before)

dont go soft on us....stay true to your convictions and stay away until nasty nic has gone....

As I said, I do not have a success at any cost mentality and as such there are things equally as important to me than success on the pitch.

At the end of the day I want my football club to do well. I don't want to see us losing and falling through the leagues. I think I'm in the same boat as most fans there.

I trust Cortese on the football side of things. It'll be interesting to see if his latest brave gamble plays off, but by going by his recent decisions - it probably will.

At the end of the day I want my football club to do well. I don't want to see us losing and falling through the leagues. I think I'm in the same boat as most fans there.

I trust Cortese on the football side of things. It'll be interesting to see if his latest brave gamble plays off, but by going by his recent decisions - it probably will.

Fair enough. You are one of the success at all costs people. Good luck to you. Nothing wrong with having different outlooks.

The person who did it worked closely with one of the coaches. I admit there could be a number of opinions, that was just one factor of a number that meant I formed an opinion about Clotese's ego.

Think you will find CloteseTM is registered to Turks... but then again as you are his best pal and hang on his every word, this does not surprize me.... cue your respeonse say you used it before him, or he did come yup with it, but you think its cool (as all his things are and you dont want to cross him in case he ganges up on you with all his loyal subjects?)

Jeez, playground mentality on here is hilarious... what with Franny and MLT not digging the tiles (WTF has carpet in their bathroom?), you could not make it up.

Viva la Culto de Cortese!!!

Fair enough. You are one of the success at all costs people. Good luck to you.

we are all success at all costs....where was your outrage when the team captain was farmed out to brighton...or when we blew everyone out of the water in spending in league 1 (success cost a f-ing fortune in league 1 terms)....or when we destroyed carlise at wembley......you did not seem bothered then

or by taking adkins from a team above us by paying him so much more......you were not too bothered by success at all costs then......

basically, if we are winning and sign another ramirez and it all looks exciting....you will be back (if not before)

dont go soft on us....stay true to your convictions and stay away until nasty nic has gone....

football is a sport, it's not life or death, when you have real issues at home and want to escape into a plaything like football then all you want is to see your team win. Everyone involved in football except for fans are well remunerated. To me I want to see the team perform well on the pitch, I don't care if theres petty squabbles going on. This thread shows how much an adult acts like a child over a simple sport. Some people need to grow up and realise there's more to life than football.

Fair enough. You are one of the success at all costs people. Good luck to you. Nothing wrong with having different outlooks.

Fair enough, You are one of the 'placing too much emphasis on a chairman of a football club and the influence it has on your life (I need to get out more) and follow the CoT (Colt of Turkish). Good luck to you. Plenty wrong with not being able to to stand up to the CoT enforcers on the Boards

Viva la Culto de Cortese!!!! TM

Cortese hasn't made a big call wrong yet. It is why the 'protests' were so damp at Everton. Deep down, we all know we have prospered under him. If we want success, which we all do, that can sometimes mean unsentimental decisions. And in modern football, you have to aim for success and run a club like a business. Let's review this in a years time.

football is a sport, it's not life or death, when you have real issues at home and want to escape into a plaything like football then all you want is to see your team win. Everyone involved in football except for fans are well remunerated. To me I want to see the team perform well on the pitch, I don't care if theres petty squabbles going on. This thread shows how much an adult acts like a child over a simple sport. Some people need to grow up and realise there's more to life than football.

Indeed - but you will be shot down by those for whom Football and teh club..mean so much more, and that fans like us will never be able to understand.... blahblah blah - well we understand very well, just have experienced enough of life to recognise that sport, football an club are escapist entertainment, lucky talented lads who earn a decent wedge to kick a ball around and give us some pleasure - its not life or death, and anyone who quotes Bill Shankly again needs a lesson in irony....

I think the fact that some people prefer to just support the club rather than get agitated by some half fact arguement about contractor payments or the fact that ex club legends who have far more money than Ill probably ever amass are upset that their free meal ticket had been removed

Indeed - but you will be shot down by those for whom Football and teh club..mean so much more' date=' and that fans like us will never be able to understand.... blahblah blah - well we understand very well, just have experienced enough of life to recognise that sport, football an club are escapist entertainment, lucky talented lads who earn a decent wedge to kick a ball around and give us some pleasure - its not life or death, and anyone who quotes Bill Shankly again needs a lesson in irony....[/quote']

Frank's Cousin mockingly typing "blah blah blah" in a post?

I don't know if that is irony or just the lowest level of self awareness ever shown on the internet.

I don't know if that is irony or just the lowest level of self awareness ever shown on the internet.

Love it when you pop up as expected - I could set my watch buy how long it takes you to post - biut of advice though, if you are trying to be funny, take a bit more time to think.... you and jokes about self awareness - funny as feck!:lol:

Its the new me. Imitation is the best form of flatery so I am taking a leaf out of Turkish and Your book in teh hope that I too will win some forum friends ;) What ya reckon?

Love it when you pop up as expected - I could set my watch buy how long it takes you to post - biut of advice though' date=' if you are trying to be funny, take a bit more time to think.... you and jokes about self awareness - funny as feck!:lol:[/quote']

My advice to you is if you are thinking about trying to be funny, then don't bother. You never are.

Correct me if I am wrong but did Cortese say he has never met MLT, if he did the man has lied as I was sat on the same table at a charity function last year as MLT.

With MLT, Cortese or both? Were ther close to each other, did they speak? Did they hold hands... this one has done the rounds already. Depends what you want to believe NC meant when he said it - and you can find a suitable interpretation to fully validate your opinion whatever you chose to believe... Jeez its a classic.

I and some of our fellow cult, believe, not without some considerable thought that Cortese was meaning he did not KNOW Matt well enough to judge him.... but others feel its a lie and therefore he is a LIAR AND A CAD! - seriously you could not make it up... but I tell you what its been entertaining.

Correct me if I am wrong but did Cortese say he has never met MLT, if he did the man has lied as I was sat on the same table at a charity function last year as MLT.

Here's how it was reported.

On Le Tissier, a one-club man afforded hero status by the Saints fans, he said: 'I don't even know him, he's never met me.

'Anyone in the past who is associated with the club is stirring negativity towards me should probably ask if it's beneficial for the club. I would not allow myself to judge someone I have never met.'

As Frank says, you can either take that statement literally or (should you desire) form some other meaning of your own.

When I was at university' date=' there was only 1 type of intercourse I would have been interested in having with a girl at a party, regardless of whether I had met her before or not.[/quote']

It still does. As it turns out she was 'interested' in me (i.e. she had no lectures in the afternoon, and wasn't too attached to her knickers), and my mate was asking in the hope, of a "yeah, she's fit" type answer.

Did you bash her back doors in?

A gentleman never tells! Yes.

Inventers of the notion that there is such a thing as a “Cult of Cortese” (CoC) - 1

Full Members of the Sneerers and Demonizers (SaD) club believing that there is such a thing as a “Cult of Cortese” – 3 (includes inventer)

Puppy dogs with pending applications for membership in the above club of self-perceived 'intellectuals' - 6

Hero-worshippers who will hear no wrong about their heroes, and will hurl insults at anyone who may see a more balanced picture - 1

Actual subscribers to the Cult of Cortese - 0

Normal people who feel that Cortese has mishandled things and may not be a particularly nice guy, but who also feel that he’s done a good job so far and that “there are two sides to every story”, of which they’ve heard only one – 63,586

(Numbers accurate as at January 27, 2013)

High on observational skills..

I like 'SaD' better than my own 'Cult Undermining New Thinking' that probably would probably require existing membership of SaD anyway - 63,587!

High on observational skills..

I like 'SaD' better than my own 'Cult Undermining New Thinking' that probably would probably require existing membership of SaD anyway - 63,587!

You might want to take your acronym over to meet some of Frank's on here:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42880-Cult-of-Cortese-Terms-for-members

You might find a certain biological symmetry that sums up the situation on here. ;)

All in all I'm glad that the posters that have a BIG issue with NC don't work for the club - if you put all the doomsayers into one company we'd have the weirdest Oxford debatng club that would produce a great big dollop of f@ck all and be out of business in a matter of days

:lol: especially the ones writing as if they are on the fringe of the discussion, when actually they've had over 16,000 posts and most of their (amazing) lives spent on here.

I think SSN just showed some more footage of the interview with NC as I don't recall seeing this clip yesterday.

"It's not one moment it's a consequence moments where you realise what's going on in the team I am ver close to the team. You could see that the team are hungry, hungry to progress, hungry to get to the next step." He goes onto to say that he felt that hunger wasn't satisfied, that was the moment you start thinking about a change. Then talks about keeping the young players in the squad and not selling them like had previously happened.

[/font][/size][/i]As Frank says, you can either take that statement literally or (should you desire) form some other meaning of your own.

original quote fron Toomer...

If you were at the same table...Were they seated near each other ?...Did you see them in conversation?

I've been at functions where I only got to speak to those opposite /beside me....thats not quite the same thing.

Edited by david in sweden

Ssn just showed another clip of Cortese talking about ox, bale and Walcott etc and how in the future it's his strategy to keep players like lallana, Schneiderlin, Shaw, cork etc...

With that steely eyed look of determination apparent to see, I would guess that our future, looks pretty bright...

Not sure why they haven't put it up on SaintsPlayer somewhere, otherwise what is the point in people paying for it ?!

Probably because it's not owned by the club as such, it's owned by Sky and they have the rights to do what they want with it.

From their point of view, staggering it out a bit makes more sense from a viewer point of view. If they put it all out online then they'd get less people watching the TV!

It gives them a little more content as well, which could run for a few weeks - rather than playing it all at once, in the same day.

Have seen the WHOLE interview.

Interesting stuff.

Where from mate?

At work (sky sports news)

Pretty good, unfortunately can't say what has been said other than what has been broadcast.

Are we going to see more of it then? Or is it in the SSN vault?

They like to drip feed interviews over a number of days. We've now had some of it on Sunday, a little more today, probably more on Tuesday etc.

Edited by Matthew Le God