Two BIG exclusive interviews tomorrow

Saint-Armstrong

So you have NO opinion on what NC's ambitions are? I find it easy enough to think Piers Morgan is an egotistical t**t and I've never met him.

You really couldn't have produced two more disparate examples. One spends half his life publicising himself in the media, formerly in the newspapers and latterly the TV. The other is almost a recluse when it comes to talking to the media.

You really couldn't have produced two more disparate examples. One spends half his life publicising himself in the media, formerly in the newspapers and latterly the TV. The other is almost a recluse when it comes to talking to the media.
That's obviously not my point though. Do you think Le Tiss is entitled to have an opinion on NC or not?

On the mp article . Interesting comment about players nut understanding some of Nigel's substitutions . I seemed to recall many if you made the same comments on match threads
Correct. But if MP makes some poor substitutions, we should be looking to replace him asap as well?

Its a rubbish point anyway, it's perfectly easy to judge someone without meeting them.[/QUOTE]

OH REALLY !.....I've been meeting people in the course of my work for the last 30+ years. Shaking hands and getting a " bone-crusher " or a "wet-fish " response is no good judgement either.

Someone's public persona is not necessarily anything like their private lifestyle. I've met bankers and politicians who have been dictators in their work and " nice as pie " in public, and a guy who was so shy and apologetic, but who turned out (unbeknown to me) ... to be a "mafia-type " boss.

If you've read any recent story about Jimmy Savile... then ask yourself how someone can be so publically accepted yet have the kind of " private " lifestyle that he seemed to enjoy!

I haven't heard the interview yet, but if NC and MLT have " met? /shaken hands / exchanged words, it's not the same as a sit-down conversation where you privately exchange strong views and opinions.

I really get the impression that the issue between NC and MLT is a personal one

In that respect I could not care less what matt says... To a non saints fan, he is not a legend and Is coming across like a massive spoilt brat most of the time.... Given the constant lack of any info about why NC is not a nice person.

This is how it comes across. A complete clash in personality even though they both ultimately want success for saints. Cortese has no desire to be liked by anyone, Mlt appears put out by not being held in the respect he feels he deserves

Okay. I thought most of that interview was excellent. I think cortese has done sime great things. Just wish he would handle the Matty situation better and ex players situation and speak to te fans like that a bit more. Stop the feud with local paper too

Personally think everyone should just concentrate on backing cortese,the manager and the players.

Cortese knows that if this decision goes wrong then it will be him that everyone points the finger at,so got to admire the fact he is not afraid to make big decisions for the benefit and success of the club.

I think this is the most telling point in the whole of MP's interview:

“The chairman, Nicola Cortese, called last week and invited me to become manager and promised me a 2½-year project, which excited me."

Nicola's single minded vision was that NA was brought in to do a job and get us to the premier league. Now he's no longer needed and MP has been brought in to do a job and get us to challenge for Europe. After that, who knows, but I suspect the plan might be to bring in a top, top manager to compete in the Champions league.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but this does seem to be the vision.

I thought the same Cheam Saint. It doesn't seem like Cortese sees MP's value extending beyond the next two+ years.

But the wording is interesting.

“The chairman, Nicola Cortese, called last week and invited me to become manager and promised me a 2½-year project, which excited me."

This doesn't read like a two and a half year contract. It reads like a guaranteed two and half year project. (irrespective of the division?).

Or perhaps I'm reading too much into the language.

Okay. I thought most of that interview was excellent. I think cortese has done sime great things. Just wish he would handle the Matty situation better and ex players situation and speak to te fans like that a bit more. Stop the feud with local paper too

I agree the whole situation, from both sides could be handled better but what is it the ex players want?

I think , if you have an issue with a person it should be dealt with in private , not splashed out over social media sights , otherwise you could form the opinion who's needs are being met. NC to my knowledge does not use Twitter ( I may be wrong ) , The Echo in my opinion are just hacked off and are looking to whip a frenzy using language that is some what argumentative to induce a response .

I am not sure what MLT agenda is, maybe it is sour grapes about the failed takeover bid, who knows, If you continue to ***** in public it just turns people off

It would be nice to have some positive relationships with our new owners and ex players -

Can I just ask something with the whole matt le tiss suite issue? Only because when I was in the corporate areas in November there were still signs with 'matt le tiss suite' on them, and a few weeks ago on a match day there was a sign outside showing the entrance to go in to get to the suite. So was it closed/renamed??

And he didn't have a rich estate backing him, nor did he have any business acumen.

fair enough, why the need for a BVI loan then?

As for Risdale, his lack of business acumen wasn't questioned when the £60m loan was taken out, it was afterards when it all went wrong that people realised it.

I think , if you have an issue with a person it should be dealt with in private , not splashed out over social media sights , otherwise you could form the opinion who's needs are being met. NC to my knowledge does not use Twitter ( I may be wrong ) , The Echo in my opinion are just hacked off and are looking to whip a frenzy using language that is some what argumentative to induce a response .

I am not sure what MLT agenda is, maybe it is sour grapes about the failed takeover bid, who knows, If you continue to ***** in public it just turns people off

It would be nice to have some positive relationships with our new owners and ex players -

Le Tiss has done himself no favours by how he's carried himself in recent times over twitter.

A lot of the comments, I'll advised at best.

I really get the impression that the issue between NC and MLT is a personal one

In that respect I could not care less what matt says... To a non saints fan, he is not a legend and Is coming across like a massive spoilt brat most of the time.... Given the constant lack of any info about why NC is not a nice person.

To a non Saints fan he is our best ever player and for many the first player they would name unprompted.

A non Saints fan doesn't think he's being a spoilt brat, because they couldn't care less about his little spat with our chairman.

And any non Saints fan right now probably thinks Cortese is a bit mental for sacking Adkins.

How many non Saints fans in Widnes, Wallsall and Westward Ho leapt out of bed this morning desperate to catch an interview with our chief executive? They don't care mate, but they care more about a great player than some ex banker.

Come on TDD, you're better than this.

I thought the same Cheam Saint. It doesn't seem like Cortese sees MP's value extending beyond the next two+ years.

This doesn't read like a two and a half year contract. It reads like a guaranteed two and half year project. (irrespective of the division?).

The word 'Proyecto' is translated directly into English as Project, but its literal meaning is also 'plan / scheme'. Thats why you'll hear most spanish speaking managers (like Pep when he just joined Bayern) using the term Project constantly.

I was a bit gutted his English was so good,not the kind of accent I expected from "The Don" I had in my head he spoke like a cross between Don Corleone and Fat Tony from the Simpsons

Ah yes.

More the sort of accent of someone who was educated in England and spent most of their working life in Switzerland, no?

To a non Saints fan he is our best ever player and for many the first player they would name unprompted.

A non Saints fan doesn't think he's being a spoilt brat, because they couldn't care less about his little spat with our chairman.

And any non Saints fan right now probably thinks Cortese is a bit mental for sacking Adkins.

How many non Saints fans in Widnes, Wallsall and Westward Ho leapt out of bed this morning desperate to catch an interview with our chief executive? They don't care mate, but they care more about a great player than some ex banker.

Spot on!

Leave off mlt, he is entitled to his own opinion. Cortèse is clearly not a nice person and his own pr is not always the great either. However, putting that all aside we can't question his ambition and very brave decisions Cortese has made. Time will tell. Anyone who slags off le tiss should do one. He is a pundit, that is his job and in my opinion he is a very good pundit and much better than a lot of he dross the have on sky I.e the illiterate Paul Merson. Believe it or not Pundits do state opinion and some of that you might not always agree with. To me mlt talks a lot of sense and in the modern day he has done more for this club than anyone else has ever done.

I thought the same Cheam Saint. It doesn't seem like Cortese sees MP's vafootbaond the next two+ years.

My feeling is the term 'project' has been used advisedly so as to emphasise the transient nature of modern management. Some top companies will deliberately move management about to combat staleness in the organisation. In the case of a football manager, there is only one place to transfer to and that's another club unfortunately.

Leave off mlt, he is entitled to his own opinion. Cortèse is clearly not a nice person and his own pr is not always the great either. However, putting that all aside we can't question his ambition and very brave decisions Cortese has made. Time will tell. Anyone who slags off le tiss should do one. He is a pundit, that is his job and in my opinion he is a very good pundit and much better than a lot of he dross the have on sky I.e the illiterate Paul Merson. Believe it or not Pundits do state opinion and some of that you might not always agree with. To me mlt talks a lot of sense and in the modern day he has done more for this club than anyone else has ever done.

Really? How many times have you met him to come to that conclusion??

The word 'Proyecto' is translated directly into English as Project, but its literal meaning is also 'plan / scheme'. Thats why you'll hear most spanish speaking managers (like Pep when he just joined Bayern) using the term Project constantly.

Thanks for the insight Nolan. I guess it's the word 'promised' that stood out to me.

As I said, I suspect I'm reading too much into it.

No Saints fan could ever deny what MLT has done for us a player - Of all the people in recent years his goals kept us in the top division - it is a real shame it has come to this - just wish it could be resolved in a meeting between them , put differences aside and the club have a respect for its past and the Ex connections have a respect for the project - after all surely they all want the same thing for SFC to be the best it can be -

Well, Jim Steele wants access to the supporters lounge.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42861-Jim-Steele-story-on-Daily-Echo-website

Excellent. For £45 he can access it before every game.... In the current season of course.

Ex players used to get loads of benefits, hell I even profited on occasion with a free ticket here and there. Is part of the issue these perks aren't there anymore?

Why is it an either/or despite your dovishly disingenuous pretences that its all about the club.

You reduce the issue to one between MLT and Cortese - and what side of the fence people come down on.

Perhaps that's what ultimately feeds your fancy. But frankly both have been pretty 'partial' when it comes to representing the club's interests and neither comes out looking very good.

Edited by shurlock

Perhaps if the Echo were to run an exclusive 'before' and 'after' photo-set of Frannie's house; then we could see how much it was 'trashed' or whether in fact the renovations were 'an improvement'.

Purely aesthetically, like.

That should clear up the whole mess.

Didnt he rip some tiles up and then refuse to pay the full price because the swimming pool wasn't working?

Whilst I agree with what you say, I couldnt really give a toss what some snotty nosed man city supporter from a bedsit in Croydon thinks.

Of course I would like Matty involved in a more positive way but he obviously has never tried to mend any bridges. Cortese doesnt strike me as a liar, if he says he has never met matt than I believe it. I just dont get the vitriol from Le Tiss' side TBH

As per the interview, it was all just hot air really designed to make Cortese seem a bit more personable. I dont mind the bloke that much but this interview hasnt really revealed anything

Except for taking us out of bankruptcy, two promotions and a tin pot trophy ?