Two BIG exclusive interviews tomorrow

Saint-Armstrong

Well it lasted for over 2 years after the date of that interview. Depends on your definition of "long term".

I think Adkins was always viewed as the man to get us out of the Football League, had we finished 8th last year in the Championship he'd probably still be here. He achieved too quickly for his own good, and now the club rightly or wrongly wants a new manger to take the club to the "next level".

In other words, Cortese is trying to "fast-track" our progress?

Guly speaks out.

Exclusive: Guly whips it out for his fans, only in the Sunday Sport. And GT.

It'll either be a Cortese interview or a Pochettino interview. I'd rather it be a signing though, I loves a good signing, i do.

@SimonPeach: It seems The Sun have not spoken to Cortese. Sky Sports News at #SaintsFC every presser so can't complain about their access.

So is the interview in The Sun a different one then?

I don't really understand what Simon is trying to say here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Big Bad Bob

Well if we think about it - the SSN interview will be something we can pretty much spell out already so no transfers, etc that would be 'announcements'. The very nature of interviews is that he doesn't pick the questions exactly so obviously they will centre upon the sacking of NA and appointment of MP. And now the emotion has died down somewhat he had the ability to rationally speak and allow others to make judgment based on facts/ambition. Expect "NA did great things but we needed someone to take us to the next level etc; MP fits our philosophy and can help attract a different calliber of players in this window; hard decision but it's what I'm payed to do by the owners". Might get a bit of respect back and some decent PR after the criticisms lately in the mass media by making it seem like a reasoned and well-considered decision based on long-term logic rather than emotion. I'd expect to see virtually the same in the Sun, but it could be with MP - nevertheless stating virtually the same thing about ambitions for the future and how SFC can evolve under him.

@SimonPeach: Seems Sky Sports News & The Sun have interviews with Cortese. Funny how he is talking with people without a proper knowledge of #SaintsFC

@SimonPeach: It seems The Sun have not spoken to Cortese. Sky Sports News at #SaintsFC every presser so can't complain about their access

I don't really understand what Simon is trying to say here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Think he was initially unhappy that the Sun & Sky had Cortese interviews when the Sun don't even have much to do with the club, but then he back tracked a bit, as it turns out the sun don't have an interview with Cortese, it's just Sky and that's fair enough as they are always at the club press events. A least that's how I read it.

Sent from my laptop using slow typing skils

Justin Allen ‏@justinallen1976

@SouthamptonFC fans should check @TheSunNewspaper tomorrow for a #SaintsFC exclusive with me in Barcelona. An interesting trip. @SunSportNow

Justin Allen ‏@justinallen1976

@deark3009 Big double-page hit on Saints pal

Sounds like it's just a general write up of the trip rather than a specific one-to-one interview with someone then. Should still be a good read though.

Edited by trousers

Here's the Sun interview...

@justinallen1976: #SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pochettino speaks exclusively to @TheSunNewspaper and @justinallen1976 in Barcelona. http://t.co/t8uxZRZH

zy5a7e9a.jpg

“The chairman, Nicola Cortese, called last week and invited me to become manager and promised me a 2½-year project, which excited me.

“Yes, of course, I felt sorry for Nigel. I’ve been in his position, losing my job after four years at Espanyol in November.

“Sometimes not only does a project end but so does a club’s philosophy. The goals and targets change.

“A coach can suit one project — but not another.”

The likeable Adkins was seen as a man who had taken the club as far as he could.

There was a feeling training had become stale and some of the ex-manager’s substitutions baffled the players.

@justinallen1976: @SouthamptonFC fans can be assured Mauricio Pochettino is clever with much charisma and a great contacts book. I left Barcelona impressed.

Edited by trousers

@justinallen1976: @Zoggers87 There is also a Q&A which is in the paper only with him. He had a presence for sure. I also found he has a wicked sense of humour

@justinallen1976: @Zoggers87 all in all a very impressive character. Players like him too. I could see that.

@justinallen1976: @Zoggers87 There was an energy about him. That is what struck me.

Edited by trousers

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4764653/Mauricio-Pochettinos-biggest-fear-That-Sir-Alex-will-hate-his-wine.html

Interesting

And in his first major interview since taking charge, he revealed:

How he wants to execute chairman Nicola Cortese

See I could be a journo

:lol:

It is all about the club. Everyone even the old romantic fans have a place at the club

If we can keep this group of players together and buy well we will be challenging for a top 6 place in 3 or 4 years

OK so the CoC will fawn over it but he answered a lot of questions we would have asked and INCLUDING his Ego

It's all about the Club

Actually very positive vibe - again

Nothing juicy despite the interviewer asking some pressing questions. No real thanks to Adkins but that they gotten along well up until the 'last seconds'. New manager in to keep the young lads at the club 'together'. I don't have an ego problem and those who have not met me have no right to judge. Hmmmm, lol

Cortese said that the change was 'right for the team'. That sun article on Pochettino says that training had become stale under NA and the players were baffled by some of his decisions, in particular subtitutions.

Given that the guy from the Sun has been around the team/manager for 4 days, and based on what Cortese said I believe there may have been a major player influence in Nigel getting the boot.

Wow thats so big its really really big, bigger than really really big really, must be really really really big its so big can't believ how big it is wow that made my life worthwhile for at least another forntight it was so bir.

really big.

really really big

Really

Honest

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................................................ WTF do they think they are?

Good interview, very positive. All the nay sayers should watch it before jumping in with their negative comments. Fans on here have called for him to say something, well he has, and in part, he has explained his thinking on NA.

Yeah, basically saying, all those who agree with me will be part of the club.

Had to correct himself after starting to call us customers!!

Cortese = Snide C**t

Cortese said that the change was 'right for the team'. That sun article on Pochettino says that training had become stale under NA and the players were baffled by some of his decisions, in particular subtitutions.

Given that the guy from the Sun has been around the team/manager for 4 days, and based on what Cortese said I believe there may have been a major player influence in Nigel getting the boot.

So were circa 30000 Saints fans ............ So you can begin to see why Cortese decided to make a change

Mind you, he's got to attract a young Top Star to us to convince many that the change is a positive one. IMHO

at no point in the interview did Cortese say that.

it was "Ive never met him, how can he justify his position that i have an ego if we have never met"

That's a lie, they've met once and apparently they got on fine, it was after that the issues started to develop.

^ he was trying to come across as this amiable SFC loving chairman who cares for the club. Showed his true colours IMO..

Agree with me and all will be ok.. And it's no more than a company to him.

Sound familiar??

You crack on fawning over him.. I'll please myself how I feel.

If it was Lowe saying company and customers folk would be going apesh it. But much like everything he ever says or does the doe-eyed fawners will lap it regardless.

There is a Cult of Cortese of that there is no doubt.

"....we're by far the greatest company the world has ever seen..."

Anyone know when there going to re run this interview.

My guess would be that it will be re-run at about 5-10 minutes past the hour for the next few hours. I saw it at about 8:09am.

I'm not a big fan of the way Cortese goes about things, so this was never going to see me rushing back to his paternal bosom, but I think he said all the right things.