Chelsea build up thread

Wiggles31

Mate I sit next too officially can't go this weekend so I have one spare adult ticket up for grabs £20 Block 3 high up in row DD. PM me if interested as neither of us want to see it go to waste really.

Edited by pingwing

Not seen this posted, Luke Shaw responding to a tweet yesterday. It's good news...

@Luke_shaw3: “@BowieAFC: @Luke_shaw3 what are your chances of being fit for next week?” 100%

Interesting swipe from Stuart Pearce on ESPN. Saying that's twice they've selected Shaw and twice he's pulled out with injury. Wants others to step up and claim the slot as their own.

Interesting swipe from Stuart Pearce on ESPN. Saying that's twice they've selected Shaw and twice he's pulled out with injury. Wants others to step up and claim the slot as their own.

Worst thing will be if Shaw goes to the U20 World Cup this summer.

He clearly struggles a bit with niggles etc, summer off would be best for him.

According to the Mirror (yes I know...) Fergie is going to play ManU 2nd eleven against Sunderland on Saturday

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-set-field-two-1784409

Will Chelsea rest people for Monday too?

Hope so! but Chelsea do still need the points, as Man U have a huge gap. Hopefully they play Torres ha ha (hope i dont eat my words!)

According to the Mirror (yes I know...) Fergie is going to play ManU 2nd eleven against Sunderland on Saturday

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-set-field-two-1784409

Will Chelsea rest people for Monday too?

Still a bloody good team though. No duffers at Man U anyway. The side the had out against Reading looked a bit "second choice"ish, just put Welbeck and Chicharito in for RvP and Rooney and that's about their second string. De Gea and Lindegaard are much of a muchness.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Pearce can f()ck off. He thought Lallana wasn't good enough in a midfield that included Henderson, Albrighton, Cleverley, Muamba, Lansbury and Rodwell. Granted, not all "creative" players but pound-for-pound, Lallana beats the spots off them.

Welbeck, Delfouneso and Wickham as three of the four strikers too. :lol:

It won't matter anyway soon, he'll be a full international soon irrespective.

This from Chelsea Supporters Group. Do they mean us?

"Southampton supporters are also prone to dressing inappropriately. A few years ago they had Ronald McDonald prancing around on the pitch before the match with some kids. I was in a quandary. Was this a pitch invasion by their supporters, a cameo appearance by their then manager, Gordon Strachan or a somewhat inappropriate commercial venture?

Southampton supporters would not be at sea in Ronald McDonald outfits. Cruise ship entertainers often have to don more ridiculous attire and, as we are all too aware, Southampton supporters are more than likely to be or to have been cruise ship entertainers. A whole city comprised of those whose childhood dreams led them to the docks.

Please don’t emulate them."

----------------------------------Boruc----------------------------

Clyne----------------Fonte-------------------Yoshida-------------Shaw

---------------------Cork---------------------Morgan----------------

Lallana-----------------------Ramirez--------------------------J Rod

-----------------------------Lambert-------------------------------

----------------------------------Boruc----------------------------

Clyne----------------Fonte-------------------Yoshida-------------Shaw

---------------------Cork---------------------Morgan----------------

Lallana-----------------------Ramirez--------------------------J Rod

-----------------------------Lambert-------------------------------

Starting to pick itself really. But don't underestimate the impact from the bench for people like Puncheon, JWP and Davis

Starting to pick itself really. But don't underestimate the impact from the bench for people like Puncheon, JWP and Davis

Indeed. In acual fact versus Liverpool we played with Ramirez wide right, AL left and Lambert and JR up top but the team is certainly as above if positions not.

Lallana, Shaw and Hooiveld might be out with minor knocks, according to Pochettino via the clubs twitter profile.

Actually says he is hopeful he will have a full squad to pick from and will assess those 3 minor knocks.

Doesnt sound like they will miss out and Shaw said he was "buzzing for Saturday" on Twitter earlier today.

This from Chelsea Supporters Group. Do they mean us?

"Southampton supporters are also prone to dressing inappropriately. A few years ago they had Ronald McDonald prancing around on the pitch before the match with some kids. I was in a quandary. Was this a pitch invasion by their supporters, a cameo appearance by their then manager, Gordon Strachan or a somewhat inappropriate commercial venture?

Southampton supporters would not be at sea in Ronald McDonald outfits. Cruise ship entertainers often have to don more ridiculous attire and, as we are all too aware, Southampton supporters are more than likely to be or to have been cruise ship entertainers. A whole city comprised of those whose childhood dreams led them to the docks.

Please don’t emulate them."

I've been warning about the embarassing way some of our fans dress and act for a long time. It seems it's coming home to roost.

Actually says he is hopeful he will have a full squad to pick from and will assess those 3 minor knocks.

Doesnt sound like they will miss out and Shaw said he was "buzzing for Saturday" on Twitter earlier today.

I stand corrected, but I'm reading that as they might miss out, or at least not start on the pitch.

Anyone heard anything from the presser?

@SouthamptonFC: Mauricio Pochettino says he is hopeful of having his full squad available for Saturday's game against @chelseafc. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: However, the manager says he will assess minor knocks to @Luke_shaw3, Jos Hooiveld and Adam Lallana ahead of the weekend. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on the international break: "It's the same for every team. It's important that we maintain our focus despite the break." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on @chelseafc's busy fixture schedule: "It will benefit the last team they play, but they will be fresh for when they play us." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Pochettino says he watched a number of international games which included his players over the past week. #saintsfc

Yeah but I bet he doesn't mention that the first one of those was during HIS training session for the U21 match. *****.

CFC don't have a weak or lesser team with or without the big 11 names, this will be a much tougher game than Liverpool

Very true - so why do I feel so confident about this game? Such a strange feeling!

Jos, Shaw & Adam doubtful according to SSN.

I expect Ramirez will be on the subs bench as he didn't get home until yesterday, according to OS his plane from Chile had a fault hence the delay, always comes home a little worse for wear, unless MP has put a rocket up his Jacksy.

Feel quite positive about today, verging on excitement, with the merest tinge of the previous weekend off being the only dark cloud in the sky.

Leaving sunny Devon shortly:rolleyes:

Hoping Saints can turn it on today and win 3-0:)

Not sure re injuries...so will leave team selection to the boss...:D

Hoping Ramirez and Puncheon play.....for the goals:) or to lay on for Lambert and JayRod.

If fit, time for Adam and a couple..........Does that make it 4 or 5 nil to us:p

COYS

Edited by ottery st mary

I expect Ramirez will be on the subs bench as he didn't get home until yesterday, according to OS his plane from Chile had a fault hence the delay, always comes home a little worse for wear, unless MP has put a rocket up his Jacksy.

Feel quite positive about today, verging on excitement, with the merest tinge of the previous weekend off being the only dark cloud in the sky.

If AL is out then I would expect Ramirez will definitely start.