Charlton 0-0 Saints - Match Reaction

Arizona

Well done lads. A point away from home is a decent result no matter who the opposition. The fact it has restricted the points gained by Charlton is also a bonus as they would have been looking at this match as a "6 pointer".

3 games unbeaten and onlt 1 goal conceded. Its exactly these kind of statistics that will breed confidence and see us achieve more positive results.

COYR.

My feeling is the same as others a good point and when I saw away Reading, home Plymouth, away Charlton - I didn't think we would be UNDEFEATED.

Good 5pts and today moved up the table.

You would have expected Watford to win so that's a good result for us as was Norwich losing.

cant help feeling a bit gutted. was hoping more than expecting for 3 points today. when we cant buy a win at home we need to be picking up the 3 points away where we can exploit more space.

Not any worse off on the table though so will be pleased with that.

In fact better off, Watford and Norwich are now below us.

Kelvin Davis, player of the season already :)

I'm happy with the point. We couldn't expect more. The important thing now is to start scoring and winning at home. But with the current crop of strikers I just can't see it happening. Robertson is a waste of space (when i've seen him at least) and has done nothing since the, apprarently fluke, wonder goal. I'd rather see Patterson being given regular start ahead of him.

We need goals. 0-0 draws won't keep us up...

OK, a good point and great fighting spirit, and well done the defence. But the strikers MUST start scoring.

We have always had the benefits of at leat one regular goal-scorer most seasona. Without contributions by Beattie, Rasiak, John and Saga our results then would look as sick as our home form does today. We went down when Beattie left. The warning signs are out there.

OK, a good point and great fighting spirit, and well done the defence. But the strikers MUST start scoring.

We have always had the benefits of at leat one regular goal-scorer most seasona. Without contributions by Beattie, Rasiak, John and Saga our results then would look as sick as our home form does today. We went down when Beattie left. The warning signs are out there.

not bad...will do me

agree -not bad will do at mo is fair assessment and realistically what we can aim for at moment.

Decent result but I am worried.

If Lowe intends pursuing his youth policy, and it seems from many sources that is the case then he will not want to sell Lallana or Surman and quite right too.

However, if he cannot offload at least 2 of John, Saganowski, Euell and Skacel (Rasiak is on a full year loan I believe) then he is going to have to look at our only other high earning saleable assett and that is Davis.

That will leave us with and inexperienced and so far uninspiring Bialkowski and Forecast the rookie who is not yet, and by some accounts never will make the grade.

It is Davis that is helping keeping the goals against down.

So my fear is there for all to see.

In fact better off, Watford and Norwich are now below us.

Actually I think thats a fook up by the beeb we had 19 points before this game and now have 21 according to them ... old style football points system? lol Well we are still above Watford I think and 4 points away from Charlton Id take that at the end of the season though I'd like to hope we can end mid table at least.

Yes I agree we must do something about getting in Strikers for the new year.

I know we have John and Saga but they are too expensive.

If Premiership clubs see how we are playing perhaps they will loan one or two of their young strikers it is shame Pekhart has not performed well.

Actually I think thats a fook up by the beeb we had 19 points before this game and now have 21 according to them ... old style football points system? lol Well we are still above Watford I think and 4 points away from Charlton Id take that at the end of the season though I'd like to hope we can end mid table at least.

We had 19 last Saturday and got 1 on Tuesday

No we had 20 points before this game.

It's a **** up by you.

Yes I agree we must do something about getting in Strikers for the new year.

I know we have John and Saga but they are too expensive.

If Premiership clubs see how we are playing perhaps they will loan one or two of their young strikers it is shame Pekhart has not performed well.

We do not need any more young strikers,we need an experienced one

and the board must find a way or we will be in serious trouble.

The best option would be one we already own.

I won`t comment on the game as i did not hear any of it so will await the reports from

those at the match.

I won`t comment on the game as i did not hear any of it so will await the reports from

those at the match.

Yes I agree we want a striker but I do not agree that the ones we have would work in the new system.

I noticed neither John or Rasiak played today

But from JP comments on the radio they are looking into it but lack of money is not helping

Edited by John B

Did they score today? Did they even get a game ?

Load of old rubbish, I prefer the young rubbish, at least it's cheaper to run.

Nope seemingly not, perhaps their mum's gave them a note saying they shouldn't play with all those nasty men again.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Yes I agree we want a striker but I do not agree that the ones we have would work in the new system.

But from JP comments on the radio they are looking into it but lack of money is not helping

Good strikers score goals whatever the "system" simple as that for me.

Surely we need to play to a strikers strengths because

without goals we don`t win.

JP must sort out a "system" to ensure we score, that is his job.

Good strikers score goals whatever the "system" simple as that for me.

Surely we need to play to a strikers strengths because

without goals we don`t win.

JP must sort out a "system" to ensure we score, that is his job.

Yes I agree but we are creating chances but JP is not going to fundamentally changed how the team plays from other threads

A certain Stern John scored a few last season didn`t he?

Without those goals we would be in league one....

Yes but he's not scoring now, not even playing apparently.

Wasn't the same Stern John who turned up in June I'm afraid.

Last season he was reliable and fairly prolific, this season he has gone off the boil, think they've noticed already at Bristol City. Could be sick or injured for all I know.He was suspended at the start of the season and seems to have missed the boat since.

He'll be back in January so we'll have another chance to assess his worth now won't we.

Yes I agree but we are creating chances but JP is not going to fundamentally changed how the team plays from other threads

Sure we create a few but simply must take more of them and at the moment

we are not so we must find someone who will.

Personally i feel it needs to be someone with a proven scoring record at this level at least.

The game is about scoring goals and if JP`s "system" does not supply enough

then he must change it to ensure we do.

Sure we create a few but simply must take more of them and at the moment

we are not so we must find someone who will.

Personally i feel it needs to be someone with a proven scoring record at this level at least.

The game is about scoring goals and if JP`s "system" does not supply enough

then he must change it to ensure we do.

I dont know whether I agree surely the players are guilty of missing chances

Both McGoldrick and Lallana seem to have chances but dont score.

Last season he was reliable and fairly prolific, this season he has gone off the boil, think they've noticed already at Bristol City. Could be sick or injured for all I know.He was suspended at the start of the season and seems to have missed the boat since.

He'll be back in January so we'll have another chance to assess his worth now won't we.

How do you come to this conclusion? An opinion perhaps?

When he turned up (as you put it) in june it was made clear by Mr Lowe

that he was not wanted and when he finally got a few games he was

a bit short of match fitness and was not give a run to change that was he?

Precisely!! so get someone back who can.

Yes I agree but I dont think John is the answer thats all.

I just dont think he is as sharp as he was he is not playing for Bristol City.

He played for us a bit without scoring too many

I would like somebody like Blackstock but that wont happen

those at the match.

How do you expect the board to magic up an experienced striker? We will probably get lumbered with the most useless of those we have out on loan. That looks like Saga by a mile, so he could well get his chance unless he drags us into administration, but there is nothing recently to indicate it is going to be any better.

How do you expect the board to magic up an experienced striker? We will probably get lumbered with the most useless of those we have out on loan. That looks like Saga by a mile, so he could well get his chance unless he drags us into administration, but there is nothing recently to indicate it is going to be any better.

Did you actually read through what you'd written before pushing the 'submit reply' button. What a load of twaddle.

If nothing else, Saga will at least put the work in and create problems for the oppositon. There seems to be a bit of this lacking with DMG and, at times, Robertson.

I think his 3 (1 League, 1 Cup, 1 Champs League) goals this season puts him above John, Rasiak, Robertson, BWP, Pekhart and Patterson in the scoring charts this season, so hardly top donkey.

Did you actually read through what you'd written before pushing the 'submit reply' button. What a load of twaddle.

I dont see there is much wrong in what he said.

Ideally if we had more money we may have had more experienced players.

Rooney was not very experienced but scored goals for Everton

He's moved mid season and is probably still settling in as he's only been there a month or so. He's started 2 games, and been on the bench 4 times in the 7 games since he went there.

If Bristol City have noticed already, then it would appear they've got a very poor scouting network/manager as what a waste to go for a loan player only to write him off a month later:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As someone has mentioned, the same Stern John did turn up in June, it's just that the powers that be had changed. John & some other high earners were told in no uncertain terms that all efforts would be made to move them on.

John was never in Jan's plans and even Jamie White was getting starts ahead of him earlier in the season.

We have one of the worst goal scoring records in this division and that is something that the manager needs to address as curretly either the formation or the personnel are underperforming.

If nothing else, Saga will at least put the work in and create problems for the oppositon. There seems to be a bit of this lacking with DMG and, at times, Robertson.

I think his 3 (1 League, 1 Cup, 1 Champs League) goals this season puts him above John, Rasiak, Robertson, BWP, Pekhart and Patterson in the scoring charts this season, so hardly top donkey.

Yes Saga is an option but finances maybe a problem.

But if John is not scoring at Bristol why will he score here.

Early in the season McGoldrick was the main striker so John was not given starts

Edited by John B

I dont see there is much wrong in what he said.

Ideally if we had more money we may have had more experienced players.

Rooney was not very experienced but scored goals for Everton

No I'm sure you didn't but then due to your stated stance it's hardly a surprise. Try reading it again and digest it's content without any pre-judgement and you may just see it for what it is....utter twaddle.