What Are You Watching..?

Robsk II

The whole carrie and Brodie thing got very annoying

It is open if Brodie was in on it. He did help kill walden and did he turn/use carrie the same way he was turned?

Apparently in season 3. Quinn plays a bigger role and dara dhol and other black ops types are more involved

But the whole carrie and Brodie love story was not well done at all IMO

Sorry phil!

You'll be pleased to hear that Jess does get her boobs out again tho. That'll give you something to look forward to! Only one episode, but it was nice to see them again. It's about the only reason I'm still watching!

Aw sweet. That's made my Christmas now

And I have to say there was a nice random pair in Strike Back S2 episode 1 when the Yank got a Sympathy sh@g

• 3 weeks later...

I've just seen the very last edition of 'The Sky at Night' to be hosted by Sir Patrick Moore - only on screen very briefly and obviously not a well man alas, nevertheless he was still presenting right to the end - bless him.

You know all those experts who are forever preaching at us about the importance of diet and healthy lifestyles in living a long life? Well it seems to be that people like Sir Patrick and Steven Hawking show that keeping your brain active is just as - if not more - key.

Hammering through Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes after a 2 year break. Brilliant first time round and just as good this time.

Just getting to the point where they are starting to realise the truth of their death/existence and suddenly remembering how they died etc.

With just two episodes broadcast so far I'm already utterly hooked on 'Blandings' (BBC1 Sunday). Now I'll be the first to admit P G Wodehouse may not be to everybody's taste I suppose, the antics of upper class eccentrics back in the 1920's may not seem all that relevant to the younger generation, but I urge all those who appreciate good writing and dry humour to give this a go - I seriously doubt you will regret it.

Adapted from Wodehouse's 'Blandings Castle' stories by Guy Andrews (who has contributed to 'Poirot') this series boasts a fine cast to go with its impeccable scripts. Timothy Spall and Jennifer Saunders play Lord Emsworth and his formidable battleaxe of a sister Connie superbly, while his Lordships idiotic son Freddie is portrayed by promising newcomer Jack Farthing - great hair by the way. Every grand country house must have a butler of course and Mark Williams is wonderful as the snooty 'Beach'.

Easily as good as Fry and Laurie's much loved 'Jeeves and Wooster' from back in the 1990's, this series is the antidote to frantic modern sit-com's such as Miranda or Mrs Brown's Boys, to my way of thinking it wipes the floor with them frankly. I loved the first episode 'Pig-hoo-o-o-o-ey' (don't ask) but when in episode two 'The Go-Getter' the chronically dotty Lord Emsworth asks his dimwit son "did you ever meet your mother? ... charming woman" I must admit I almost ****ed myself laughing.

Just four more episodes to come - they could make another 40 as far as I'm concerned.

A quick mention for Utopia, Channel 4's new drama. Reminds me of Twin Peaks or The Shadow Line. Deliberately obtuse, wonderfully dark and with plenty of black humour, I'm really looking forward to the second episode.

Yeah enjoying it. I notice quite a few of the actors out of Kill List are in it, similar feel so I imagine its the same team behind it too.

Oh Lord.

WARNING! Lock up your women!

Just noticed a new US TV series coming out. "The Carrie Diaries"

Yup, it's a prequel to Sex & The City

Just when they got over the whole Designer Clothes Mr Big thingy thing.

:facepalm:

There's no sex in it.

This weekend, it's been all about Channel 4 output.

First off, caught up with all of Misfits. Probably the most difficult year for this show; Skins-style, it has now completely shed all of its original cast members. No need to worry; this season has been very good and the cast regulars are perhaps the strongest group so far. Have to say, if you've never seen this and can put up with a bit of nooky, cannot recommend it highly enough. Though not strictly a comedy, it is laugh out loud funny, very British and pretty gory when it needs to be ( most weeks ). Four series of greatness awaits you.

The next show from C4 was Utopia, which I am up to date on. I really like this show, but can see a lot of similarities with Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, such as the two henchmen and the world-within-a-world nature of the conspiracy stuff. First difficult was very difficult to watch - genuinely turned my stomach at one point. Last episode was very good - can't wait to see more of Jessica - not seen a character quite like her.

Wow,just caught up with 'The Following'.....sky Atlantic.

second episode tonight.

just saw the pilot on catch up and this looks damn fine.

Kevin Bacon,James Purefoy.

from the writers of scream....and you can tell as it keeps you guessing who are part of Purefoys Serial Killer cult followers.

thankfully no rediculous cliche stuff ala Scream.

Gory and suspenseful and the occasional switches in time line make it engrossing.

i sense shocks and more surprise on the way.

sky Atlantic did well with Boardwalk empire...this could be great also.

roll on 10 pm.

The Following was great in episode 1 i just hope that it stays the course as alot of US drama's tend to flop after the third or forth episode. Also, why has it taken so long for Kevin Bacon to get a decent part, he's not the greatest actor by any means, but he does have that certain something that makes you want to watch him. Another US Cop show to look out for is The Glades which is formulaic but watchable.

I saw the pilot for The Following as well, thought it was ok actually. You could see the really obvious cliches in a detective drama (troubled cop, dishevelled and disillusioned, young bright-eyed team...). Had some good moments though, specifically ice-pick!

I've been watching Louie a lot over the last couple of days. Recently gotten into Louis CK's stand-up stuff and heard good things about the show in the past so decided to check it out. It's not so much an out-and-out comedy, there's some very good moments of drama in the show (the episode "Bully" in the first season is a great example, also the episode "Eddie" in the second season starring stand-up legend Doug Stanhope as a suicidal comedian). I have to say it's very well written, there are some scenes showing Louis doing his live act, and also some scenes which are lifted from anecdotes he tells in his shows and put into this fictional version of his life.

Check it out, it's very original in its feel and showcases NY perfectly as well. Very good indeed!

Started watching Breaking Bad about 2 weeks ago from the start - never seen it before. I am hooked, it's absolutely class. Just made it to the start of season 3.

Ha I did the same a few months ago. On a hungover day I managed to do the best part of season.

Great viewing, even if you do start to hate every single character by around season 3.

Yer that girl has just died where I am. She was alright. Bit of a state though. Is there any other fit birds in it?!

Bout as close you'll get to a hotty main character.

Shame there aren't more, but also shows how good the show is that it didn't need this at all.

That said, for me BB is still second to The Sopranos, and there were plenty of bangers in there.

Been watching The Following as well and am quite impressed although not blown away yet. Has a grittier approach than with other 'terrestrial' crime series. It's not HBO or Showtime quality, but gets close.

Been slowly trawling through Breaking Bad, up to season three. Still great viewing, and yes, as mentioned above, hating the characters!

Just started watching the Sopranos - got the 6 series box set - cannot believe I have gone all this time and never watch it. Brilliant stuff

Oh you are in for such a treat.

I got through four and a half series in little over a month (I was unemployed at the time to be fair).

My favourite TV series, if I'm being honest, by quite some distance.

Hehe it's a good point, well made.

In fairness, it is a great show. Was less keen on the wire.

Fear not, KelvinsRightGlove - I'd be one of these proto-w4nkers that this show is parodying.

Watch Breaking Bad. And The Wire.

I was going to watch The Wire after I'd watched Breaking bad ! Heard very good things.

Think that this thread (or the US TV shows one) already has my feelings on The Wire. First few episodes are hard going unless you've ever slung dope on a Baltimore corner, but after that, you"re golden.

Just watched both of the

[h=1]Danny Baker's Great Album Showdown[/h]on BBC 4.

Excellent.

I did watch the first one and found it really boring! Sixty minutes of four people sitting in a circle agreeing with one another makes pretty boring viewing. No music played (apart from the intro), no inside stories and that pillock Clarkson voting Crime Of The Century by Supertramp as the greatest ever rock LP was surely a (failed) attempt to provoke a bit of discussion/controversy into the banal conversation, but no such luck, it was a polite dinner table discussion devoid of any passion or argument.

I did watch the first one and found it really boring! Sixty minutes of four people sitting in a circle agreeing with one another makes pretty boring viewing. No music played (apart from the intro), no inside stories and that pillock Clarkson voting Crime Of The Century by Supertramp as the greatest ever rock LP was surely a (failed) attempt to provoke a bit of discussion/controversy into the banal conversation, but no such luck, it was a polite dinner table discussion devoid of any passion or argument.

It kind of reminded me of what a lot of conversations on the main board get like:

Oh it's not like it was in my day

Oh aye, much better back then, all this modern stuff, oh how I hate it.

I just don't get it, people moan about how much they love records, CDs and record shops, yet no one buys them, the formats are practically obsolete and the shops are going out of business.

If they were so great why aren't they booming?

Oh you can't touch an mp3

No you can't, but you can still listen to it, as many times you want without it wearing out, and can have it in your pocket, on your phone, along with thousands of other albums.

Watching Das Boot as I type. Superb.

Which version? The reasonable version? The long version? Or the "blimey I'm going to need some provisions to keep me going" version?

Excellent film. Think I watched the 4 1/2 hour version on a boat once. Was fun.

Which version? The reasonable version? The long version? Or the "blimey I'm going to need some provisions to keep me going" version?

Excellent film. Think I watched the 4 1/2 hour version on a boat once. Was fun.

The 266 minute version, Sky +d from Film 4 about 6 months ago. Watching the last hour now. Awesome.

The 266 minute version, Sky +d from Film 4 about 6 months ago. Watching the last hour now. Awesome.

I like it a lot. One of my favourite bits is when they meet the diplomats and arse-kissers when they're near France. The level of contempt the viewer has for these men mirrors what the crew think. Very few films make you feel like you've been through the wringer with the characters as much as this one.