Official - Dejan Lovren Signs

Saint Garrett

Excellent news. Has also played right back and left back for Lyon so he also offers some versatility.

Very happy. CB was our posirion in most need of prioritising for improvement and we've done it, and done it early. Well done SFC. A top striker next and the squad is really starting to take shape.

Excellent news. Has also played right back and left back for Lyon so he also offers some versatility.

Very happy. CB was our posirion in most need of prioritising for improvement and we've done it, and done it early. Well done SFC. A top striker next and the squad is really starting to take shape.

indeed. On the face of it, he is a real step up in quality to the squad.

Wonder if this ends our interest in Astori?

True.....and who of the ones we got at CB will leave first?

I would think Jos, even though I think more clubs will be wanting Fonte, specially some in the Championship. (or perhaps back to Palace??)

Anyone know much about his main attributes? Is he quick? as I think pace at the back is a prerequisite with the way Poch will have us playing.

Well I don't think he's particularly quick but if pace at CB is a prerequisite as you suggest then we wouldn't have signed him. In fact, we were defensively better under MP with little pace at CB

Great to see us doing our business early this year and strengthening a position we knew needed attention. Lovren + Forren as our new CB pairing? It will certainly push JOs and Fonte to improve if so, giving us great depth in that position for once!

Most interesting thing for me about this signing is that we have attracted a player who could have played in the Champions League next year....

Depends, someone mentioned on another thread he was Lyons 4th choice CB, so understandable they're happy to let him go (if true)